Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1602572 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1091022 Mar 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know who the ncpa is, right?
You must be confusing that with your homeland CCCP son.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1091023 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yessiree-bob, you republican ninnies sure know how to get the most out of the help I always say... Funny, they were chinee? but here's the problem, hiney-licker, a real nihilist wouldn't even have bothered to show up for work at a job taking care of some bureaucrat's fat useless ass. Old Chinese Proverb: "If you're dragged into court before an emperor make sure you bring a knife hidden in your sleeve. Secondly, if you are one of the ones doing the dragging, consider your value to your master."
But there *is* no problemo my crippled Nihilist sewer-grate cleaner.

*THAT* is the problem.

"Men are disturbed not by things, but by the views which they take of them.”

---- Greek Stoic Philosopher Epictetus

Confucius Say
"The best way to save face, is to keep the lower part of it shut"

Heed, Dood.

Confucius Say
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."

Confucius Say
"The wise speak when they have something to say,
the fools speak when they have to say something."
Lil Olive Skin Kid

Buffalo, NY

#1091024 Mar 4, 2014
I was "considering" replying to that inaccurately wayward and misguided post.

The first line in your post says it all.

Third line, so true ... But Oy vey iz mir , such the vivid images!. ;-)

Your last line should have come with A Warning. "This End Up":
Who knows what Ol Raspywheezer might open by sticking the blade in the wrong place ...
Maybe her skull ... Hmphf ...:-o)
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Because He came to fulfill prophecy.
Stop watching Hollywood Action-Packed and Fudge-Packed Gay Thrillers, Dood, and read some serious stuff.
Start with your Can Opener Owners Manual.
new around here

Hoffman Estates, IL

#1091025 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the Constitution prohibits the people from owning every type of weapon the government of the people own to police the people? I'm aware of only one set of rights in the Constitution, not two sets, one for the people not in government and another different set of rights for the people in government.
Show me that text from the Constitution.
I just read two of your posts and I've already figured out the DB stands for douche bag. Don't know how writer figures into it.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1091026 Mar 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Still waiting for you to congratulate the president on his accomplishments in invading iraq son.
Anytime..... anytime.....
Saddam would have become Obama's problem. He can't handle the ones he's already got.

But at least since Obama surrendered in Iraq, he can pretend like it doesn't exist. Like he does with the rest of the Middle East.

Why do we never hear any news about Afghanistan? Is he pretending like it doesn't exist? Why doesn't the liberal media keep Afghanistan in the news like they did 24/7 in Iraq?

Talk about an invisible war....

Lapeer, MI

#1091028 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
We're sometimes left wondering if the majority on the left believe anything is worth fighting and dying for.
If they lost their freedoms for just one day or thrown into a gulag for just one minute, they'd be suiting up and applying the war paint. They just can't seem to get past their complacency or that their own freedoms aren't free and that nothing is guaranteed to stay the same.
It's too late once freedom is taken away and too often that's taken for granted by far too many on the left who can't seem to recognize progressive liberalism is attempting to do that.
What's even more worrisome is that they don't seem to mind as long as it's not their freedoms and as long as they're standing on what they think is the right side but is the wrong side of history.
While dealing with dem, I came across some real beuts from Confucious. A few, IMHO, apply here:

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”-- Confucious

“The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”

The inferior man - sound like the Magic Negro?!!!!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1091029 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The only military service you MAY have ever seen was in some reserve unit around the block from your mother's house you lived in. I pegged you right on our first contact. You were one of the frauds pretending to be a Vietnam veteran and slandered real American veterans with lies.
If you ever had any service experience, you'd know how much it is appreciated by real veterans when someone tells them "mission accomplished". You'd know that if you had any military experience, you goddam lying fraud dupe.
You weren't commending American veterans when you were one of the frauds pretending to be Vietnam veterans in the so-called "Vietnam Veterans Against the War". In fact, you were part of a conspiracy to promote fraudulent information from fraudulent sources with the specific intent to slander the American veteran.
Now, back to you acknowledging the real world facts of history.
Tell them "mission accomplished".
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq.
Mission accomplished.
Tell the Armed Forces they accomplished their mission.
I'm betting you're so indoctrinated with hatred of the US Armed Forces, you can't make yourself acknowledge fact.
Congratulate the US Armed Forces for a mission accomplished. Post it.
"DBWriter"
Agree with what you post with one additional point. Congress okayed the action in Iraq that Bush ordered. Leading democrats approved of that action.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#1091030 Mar 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish on steroids__LMAO at Carol reduced to posting with topix trolls.
Seek help doll__really.
Realtime wailing in the back seat: "Aren't we there yet? When are we gonna be there, huh? I'm bored. There's nothing to do. I have to go tinkle. Can we stop at a zoo? Crissy's making faces at me, Mom, Wah, wah, wah...."
Patrick

United States

#1091031 Mar 4, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam would have become Obama's problem. He can't handle the ones he's already got.
But at least since Obama surrendered in Iraq, he can pretend like it doesn't exist. Like he does with the rest of the Middle East.
Why do we never hear any news about Afghanistan? Is he pretending like it doesn't exist? Why doesn't the liberal media keep Afghanistan in the news like they did 24/7 in Iraq?
Talk about an invisible war....
"The long and winding road"......of your generalizations unsupported by evidence illustrates your lack of understanding of Middle East history and diplomatic relations since 1960.
Two years of teachers college?

Saddam kept Iran in check and President Bush removed this check at the cost of 4000 US soldiers lives.
You embarrass yourself by posting ....
new around here

Lombard, IL

#1091032 Mar 4, 2014
dem wrote:
Actually not German but I'll see how it plays here and if it works I'll stick with it.
Yes you will stick on anything.

Lapeer, MI

#1091033 Mar 4, 2014
Raspy Putin wrote:
I'm going to write a chinee parable since they're obviously a dime a dozen anyway.
Once upon a time there was a man who lived with his family on top of a mountain in Tibet. The chinese emperor became angry that this "holy-man" never showed up at the palace to beg for the emperor's favor and over the course of many years, he convinced himself that the "holy-man" must be showing disrespect and should be punished.
He sent soldiers for this disrespectful man who - because HE was an Emperor - must logically be his "servant." The "holy man," however, did not consider himself a "servant" of the Emperor's or anyone else's, in fact he never gave the Emperor a moment's thought. He just went about his life, enjoying his family and trying to make as little trouble for others as possible. He was well-liked by his fellows and so everyone was surprised when a few dozen chinese soldiers showed up to arrest him.
The "holy man" was brought before the emperor in chains after having endured a three day march on foot tied behind a horse, without food or water. He was pretty tired but still managed to convey a dignified and not unfriendly air, despite his difficult circumstances, and this nearly drove the Emperor out of his mind!
He jumped up off of his throne, grabbed a burning log from the brazier, and began to beat the holy man senseless. Since the poor fellow was chained between two brawny soldiers he was incapable of defending himself or of even raising his hands in any semblance of defense so he was beaten senseless by the Emperor and lay unconscious on the floor of the throne room while the Emperor broke every bone in his body with the burning log.
When his anger had run its course and the man was dead, the Emperor could see the stirrings of doubt in the eyes of those soldiers and courtiers around him and he knew what it meant to him and HIS family. He therefore ordered the soldiers to ride to the village where the "holy-man" had lived and to kill the holy-man's family and friends lest they begin to ask any unwelcome questions as to what had happened.
Then he had his courtiers and soldiers rewarded for their heroic service to his administration with a small bag of gold coins. Then he ordered the room cleared, except for his scribes - for he was illiterate himself - and he began to dictate a... parable. A parable which would cast what he had just done in the best possible light so that history would not judge him too harshly and to make it harder for any other man to knock him off his golden throne.
What the Emperor did not know, was that "his" three scribes were sons of the "Holy Man." After they'd finished writing his silly lies, they all 3 drove their pens into his heart. Then they dragged the Emperor's children out of their beds, and, as he was dying, made him watch as the screaming children were disemboweled, dismembered and thrown into the flames of the fire. With his dying breath the Emperor realized his mistake...
There, now you have two fantastical descriptions of the same event. Your ridiculous and cruel one... and my much more likely one. Which do you like better? Excuse me, do you happen to have a pen handy?
“He that would perfect his work must first sharpen his tools.”-- Confucious

Get sharp there, Butter-knife.
Lil Olive Skin Kid

Buffalo, NY

#1091034 Mar 4, 2014
No ... The Roman Centurions pierced his side with a **spear**.
And found he was already dead. They didn't break his knees.

A Philosophy Class ...( Known As "Logical Deduction/Reasoning" ):

Because there are only 3 Conclusions one can Deduce/Reason:
1) Yeshua was delusional. And was not The Son of God.
But only believed He was.
2) Yeshua was deceitful. Yet one so diabolically deceitful gave up His own life for His fellow Man ...
The 2 "things" are too contradictory and contrasting. They don't "fit".
3) Yeshua was exactly who He claimed to be. The Son of God ...

There are only 3 ... There's a "possible" 4th ...
The Bible Scribes "embellished".
Except there are Secular Writings, Historians from that Era whose accounts coincide with those of The Biblical Scribes. Brush up on the Roman History, Roman Army of that Era which will also lend insight.

PS But most importantly, as was stated by another poster:
"Because He came to fulfill prophecy".

**Didn't you ever hear/read about The Spear of Destiny ..?
Hitler was on an obsessed quest to find it.
It is said that whoever carries it into Battle is invincible**.

Happy Reading, Wheezy ...

Raspy Putin wrote:
On the other hand, it occurs to me that your chinee book excerpt brings Jesus to mind... doesn't it? Actually, I'm pretty sure the Romans broke HIS knees there at the end, acceding to the Jews' request and hastening his mild-mannered exit... and you know what? The son of God himself didn't do a goddam thing about it. Pussy. How do you explain that? Why didn't your number 1 hero just jump down off the cross and duke it out with the "enemy" sojurs?

Lapeer, MI

#1091035 Mar 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly actions speak louder than words.
Just don't do that in daylight or you'll be arrested.
Patrick

United States

#1091036 Mar 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That's always been the case with israel. I guess they consider that a position of strength.
Well, no matter, in less than 25 years the israelis will be the minority in their namesake country.
Funny, I don't hear the reich wing cries of 'Pu-tin! Pu-tin!' anymore either. I wonder why?(snicker)
Amusing how the right wing posters support the foreign enemies of the good old USA.

Lapeer, MI

#1091037 Mar 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah__listen up pal, some other aszholle from Hickory was by here this morning with that same debunked and discredited bs. So do you have anything worthwhile??? If not, rumor has it that the Hartford CN topix forum has a couple of openings.
Debunked!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH.. ..

Speaking of openings, show us yours, azzhole.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1091038 Mar 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
While dealing with dem, I came across some real beuts from Confucious. A few, IMHO, apply here:
“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.”-- Confucious
“The Superior Man is aware of Righteousness, the inferior man is aware of advantage.”
The inferior man - sound like the Magic Negro?!!!!
You do realize that Confucius was not a nihilist?(I'm not sure of where you got your spelling, but we'll let it be your little secret.

Lapeer, MI

#1091039 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
I'll check your homework in the morning. You morons have a lot of questions you didn't answer during class today.
*CAN'T* answer.
Patrick

United States

#1091040 Mar 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
..........azzhole..........
...Yes

We know you by your posts

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1091041 Mar 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What is Assad doing?
"DBWiter"
Right now assad is fighting muslim terrorists that our president nobama, supplied arms to.
Peace

Lapeer, MI

#1091042 Mar 4, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You do realize that Confucius was not a nihilist?(I'm not sure of where you got your spelling, but we'll let it be your little secret.
So?

Point?

Any?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Freedomofexpression 317,601
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr It s Weather Not ... 11,574
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr LMAO phartes 34,232
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep 20 The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web