Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 50,072)

Showing posts 1,001,421 - 1,001,440 of1,033,464
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's still not a done deal yet. VA still has to approve with either a waiver on our part or proof from a roof inspector that the roof has more than three years of life left.
But if we do end up getting the house, we will have some time to save for a new roof - and I will definitely shop around - being a quintessential bargain hunter. Nothing to worry about there.
don't pay in advance, either....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they have Home Warranty plans with optional roof coverage in Florida? If so, make the seller provide you with one. At least that will cover any leaks over the first year. Of course, a home warranty company isn't going to cover a roof that wasn't in "good condition" and free of leaks when you bought it. Just a thought.
Very nice of you to offer such good advise. The roof is not in disrepair or leaking and in "fair" condition according to the appraiser - just "appeared" to be approaching its end of life. But we knew it only had five years or so left going into this.

Otherwise, the home warranty would have been good advise. So thanks anyway.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Uh Oh! Somebody is disappearing again!!!

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
home warranty plans are a bad investment, just like all service contracts....
surely you understand that the buyer is paying for the plan, not the seller.....
Don't really need it anyway....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Man-made global warming is confusing.

What was man doing 5,000 years ago to make it so hot?

"The post-glacial peak, the hottest temperature in the last 11,500 years, is a period know as the Holocene Maximum, sometimes termed the Climactic Optimum, or the Hypsithermal, and data suggests it was in the period from about 7,800-5,200 years ago and was bout 4'F to 5'F warmer than the average twentieth-century tempature."

Sondergard, S.(2009).'Climate Balance: A Balanced and Realistic View of Climate Change'.
Tate Publishsing : OKlahoma. Page 72

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
don't pay in advance, either....
No chance. Had to replace a roof once before on our home after ten years of residency. Got the roofer to knock of $200 after "advising" him the cost exceeded his estimate and I would have picked someone else.

When it comes to money and someone trying to take more of it from me, I have no problem getting rid of the gloves.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the camp that gave us birthers & death panels. Global warming deniers and "government control of healthcare".
LOL...yep, you're a fine example of one obeying that progressive dog whistle, but it appears you need to get your ¨facts¨ straightened out a bit - it's government control of health INSURANCE, not health CARE, and no one is denying the climate is changing. The climate has always been changing.

BTW, people on your side have already admitted to death panels, you must have forgotten Paul Krugman's slip of the progressive tongue. Oh well, maybe you're not such a good example after all.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

How many automobiles and coal electric plants were around 11,000 years ago?

"In fact, during the last Ice Age,(prior to 11,000 years ago and extending back 100,000, MIS 2-4), there were over twenty abrupt and dramatic temperature swings in the ice core record of Greenland. At least one of these average GLOBAL temperature swings was as much as 18'F if not more than a few decades and possibly in a few years"

Sondergard, S.(2009).'Climate Balance: A Balanced and Realistic View of Climate Change'. Tate Publishing : Oklahoma.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again? I notice you are the only one who is obsessed about my wearing stretch pants with a long sweater.
He's just jealous because there are no stretch pants his size; he hasn't been out of a johnnie for 5 years

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Think she said her husband is in construction. Most likely he knows a few people to get it done on the side.
Not in construction. My dad was the builder. If he were still alive, it'd be a lot cheaper.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> I have both.
so your previous rant was as pointless as most of your posts?

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Former Vice President Cheney calls Hagel's proposed Army cuts 'absolutely devastating'Published February 25, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook550 Twitter379 Gplus19

Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel’s proposed drastic cuts to the U.S. Army are “absolutely dangerous" and would cause long-term damage to the military.

Cheney told Fox News’ Sean Hannity the proposed cuts, which would shrink the Army to its smallest size since just before the U.S. entered World War II, would have a devastating impact on the ability of future presidents to deal with future crises.

“This is really over the top,” Cheney said.“It does enormous long-term damage to our military.”

The Army had already been preparing to shrink to 490,000 active-duty members from a wartime peak of 570,000. Hagel is proposing to cut it further to between 440,000 and 450,000.

"We are repositioning to focus on the strategic challenges and opportunities that will define our future: new technologies, new centers of power, and a world that is growing more volatile, more unpredictable, and in some instances more threatening to the United States," Hagel said at a press conference at the Pentagon.

He defended the proposed reductions in troop strength, as a trade-off for building up "technological superiority" and priorities like Special Operations Forces and "cyber resources."

However, Cheney questioned how the cuts would affect military readiness, in a time where the U.S. faces threats from multiple areas of the world.

“That would lead me to think I need the strength of military capabilities, not cut it,” he said.

Cheney said he believes the cuts are a reflection of President Obama’s beliefs, and that the president has always wanted to cut the military.

“He said when he went to Cairo in that famous apology tour back in ’09 he believed, apologized for our overreaction to the events of 9/11,” he said,“and today he is fixing it in a way, in a fact where it will be almost impossible for future presidents to deal with that kind of situation.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No chance. Had to replace a roof once before on our home after ten years of residency. Got the roofer to knock of $200 after "advising" him the cost exceeded his estimate and I would have picked someone else.
When it comes to money and someone trying to take more of it from me, I have no problem getting rid of the gloves.
You do realize that a roof can cost you anywhere from $10-$30,000 depending on size and materials used?
A pool requires weekly maintenance, usually $150 a month, plus the added cost of electricity for the pump and heating.

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> You know not what you speak. Catastrophic health insurance is for people who don't want to pay large premiums for prepaid medical care like doctor visits and minor medical. Best to pay cash for those. CHI and HSA is the way this country should have gone not this disaster Obamacare.
Catastrophic is for people who don't care to prevent a "catastrophic" disease.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

Oliver Stone calls Obama 'a weak man'Published February 18, 2014FoxNews.com Facebook259 Twitter240 Gplus7
oliver stone reuters 660.jpg
U.S. film director and screenwriter Oliver Stone speaks during a discussion with students at the University of Puerto Rico in San Juan Nov. 30, 2012.REUTERS
Oliver Stone has been open about having voted for President Barack Obama in both elections, but that doesn’t mean the filmmaker is in favor of the President’s recent moves.

While speaking at a Washington DC panel discussion this past weekend, titled Imperial Overreach and the National Security State, Stone spoke out against Obama, calling him “a weak man.”

“Something happened because none of the things he promised ... transparency, a government that would reconsider the war on terror and these programs ... none of that happened, none of it,” said Stone, according to Infowars.com .“The man stunned us with a lack of spine.”

He went on to further criticize the President for not keeping his campaign promises.

“On everything he backed down,” Stone told the audience.“I was stunned.”

The director has been vocal about his disappointment with Obama in the past. Most memorably, Stone reportedly referred to the President as “a snake” during a similar discussion in Tokyo last year.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
How many automobiles and coal electric plants were around 11,000 years ago?
"In fact, during the last Ice Age,(prior to 11,000 years ago and extending back 100,000, MIS 2-4), there were over twenty abrupt and dramatic temperature swings in the ice core record of Greenland. At least one of these average GLOBAL temperature swings was as much as 18'F if not more than a few decades and possibly in a few years"
Sondergard, S.(2009).'Climate Balance: A Balanced and Realistic View of Climate Change'. Tate Publishing : Oklahoma.
why would you post a quote that made no sense? do you not even read you own links? oh yeah, i have already proven you do not!

do you read "fully one third" of them? that would be .29 by your calculation...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in construction. My dad was the builder. If he were still alive, it'd be a lot cheaper.
I stand corrected.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so your previous rant was as pointless as most of your posts?
no
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

A man from Independence Township, Michigan accidentally shot and killed himself on Monday while teaching his girlfriend about gun safety, the Oakland Press reports.

The 36-year-old, whose name has not been released, was showing his girlfriend how his three handguns are safe when they aren’t loaded, according to the Detroit Free Press. He was attempting to demonstrate the safety of the handguns by holding them to his head and pulling the trigger.

The third gun fired, and the man was struck in the head. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Three children ages 7, 10, and 12 were in the home but did not witness the shooting, according to reports. The man's girlfriend told authorities he had been drinking most of the day before the incident took place.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/man-...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2014

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Catastrophic is for people who don't care to prevent a "catastrophic" disease.
You are wrong about that but I'm not going to waste my time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,001,421 - 1,001,440 of1,033,464
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Aquarius-WY 216,724
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr NoahRS 303,201
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 26,090
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••