Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 50,028)

Showing posts 1,000,541 - 1,000,560 of1,033,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“veni, vidi, vici”

Since: Oct 07

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Patrick n Angela wrote:
f network TV has taught us anything, it's that America's heart and soul reside in its small towns. The Andy Griffith Show, Father Knows Best, Little House on the Prairie taught us about the frontier spirit that built the nation and the moral clarity that guides it.
Crime, we learned, was entirely urban, a social disease that festered in big cities.
That was before Walter White took us into the New Mexico desert on AMC's Breaking Bad; before Raylan Givens, the Stetson-sporting lawman on FX's Justified, gave us a tour of the Kentucky trailer parks where prostitutes and gun dealers ply their trade; before Detective Rustin "Rust" Cohle introduced us to a Louisiana scarred by abandoned factories and polluted waterways in HBO's stunning masterwork True Detective.
While the networks continue setting crime shows in New York and Los Angeles, cable channels have introduced a new breed of drama that puts the lie to the notion that violent crimes are fundamentally urban phenomena.
The list of shows is impressive: The Red Road, premiering Thursday on Sundance, is about the unlikely partnership of a white cop and a Native American career criminal who live in a tiny mountain town in North Jersey.
Banshee on Cinemax is about a convicted jewel thief who cons his way into becoming the sheriff of a small burg in Pennsylvania Dutch country. A&E's contemporary western Longmire features gorgeous horses and even more beautiful Wyoming landscapes. Rectify on Sundance is about a convicted rapist and murderer who returns to his small Georgia community after his sentence is suspended. Sons of Anarchy on FX tells of the comings and goings in Charming, an ideal Northern California town run by a violent outlaw motorcycle club. And HBO's eerie, David Lynchian epic True Detective, stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as detectives who hunt a serial killer through a desolate countryside that's home to some of America's poorest, most disenfranchised citizens.
Even Law & Order creator Dick Wolf has gotten in on the act with Cold Justice, a reality series about two former big-city law enforcement officials who solve cold cases in small towns across the country.
I'd suggest you get your information from reality and not idiotic. fictional TV drama's marketed to the ignorant and uneducated. I'll bet you believe every episode of the Walking Dead, Now me, I don't believe in zombies.

It's worth noting Il Duce cheers weekly for a meth dealer.

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
There have been times when the CNN host Piers Morgan didn’t seem to like America very much — and American audiences have been more than willing to return the favor. Three years after taking over for Larry King, Mr. Morgan has seen the ratings for “Piers Morgan Live” hit some new lows, drawing a fraction of viewers compared with competitors at Fox News and MSNBC.
It’s been an unhappy collision between a British television personality who refuses to assimilate — the only football he cares about is round and his lectures on guns were rife with contempt — and a CNN audience that is intrinsically provincial. After all, the people who tune into a cable news network are, by their nature, deeply interested in America.
CNN’s president, Jeffrey Zucker, has other problems, but none bigger than Mr. Morgan and his plum 9 p.m. time slot. Mr. Morgan said last week that he and Mr. Zucker had been talking about the show’s failure to connect and had decided to pull the plug, probably in March.
Rachel Madcow has been desperately trying to attract viewers by talking about Chris Christie and bridges for 2 months straight, of course her ratings are still lower than whale shit.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
and Il Duce appreciates every lush green fairway, hate to tell you Californians, he's already forgotten you..........
the people, yes, but not the Hollywood money.....

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
natural rights? destroying the environment? kind of like saying the white man had the right to steal a country from the indigenous population.
so whatever 'you' are 'forced' to do it's going to be nothing more than payback.
Injuns had no property rights, they held and took property by force, as they did women and slaves,, the same way they lost it. I am willing to give you a teepee on the Navajo nation however. I hear Tuba City is especially nice in the summer.

Get to packing, Run a Mug.

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
Go ahead. Let's hear your plan.
My plan is for all AGW cultists to immediately sell their cars and stop heating and cooling their houses, that should do it.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YA THINK? TELL YOU THE TRUTH I ONLY WEAR BLACK. IT SIMPLER... DON' SHOW SPOTS... PLEASE GOD TELL ME YOU NOT AN EXPERT ON MY WARDROBE? DEBIL LIVES - NOT UNEXPECTEDLY - IN WASHINGTON DC. EVERYTHING IN WASHINGTON DC IS IN ALL CAPS, YOU NEVER BEEN HERE? WELL, MAYBE OL' THOM WAS YELLIN' AT YOU CAUSE YOU STOOPID?
NOW, IN THIS PICTURE YO LOOKIN' OVER THOM'S RIGHT SHOULDER AT WHAT IS KNOWN AROUN' HERE AS "THE SOUTHEAST PORTICO." HERE WHAT IT SAY...
http://www.nps.gov/thje/photosmultimedia/quot...
"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions, but laws and constitutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as a civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors."
YOU GET WITH THE PROGRAM, HONEY, SOMETIMES TO LEAD A MULE TO WATER YOU GOT HIT THE DUMB FUCKER OVER THE HEAD WITH A 2X4...
You are a garden hose that someone forgot to shut off.

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the people, yes, but not the Hollywood money.....
Phony , hypocritical Hollywood greed bags ship jobs overseas and out of high tax/union California:

Take Hollywood, they have been leaving California for other countries and the 42 states that offer them tax breaks to escape California's high taxes and unions for decades.

Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:

DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.

In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing-Oba ...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!
"

When it comes to their own bottom line, Hollywood is as avaricious as anyone else.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
does the temperature of the ocean at say 1000 meters not matter?
science is not supposed to nit pick homey.....
There has been much speculation that the Earth's oceans act as a great Heatsink moderating global atmospheric temps and activity. We still can't explain El Niño and El Niña which are created within the ocean and greatly affect world weather patterns.

But Liberals babble on and on and on and on.......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Earnhardt Jr. wins Daytona 500
Monday February 24, 2014 12:01 AM
The Associated Press

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.- Through rain and wrecks, on Daytona's longest day, this was a drought Dale Earnhardt Jr. was determined to end.

NASCAR's most popular driver won the Daytona 500 on Sunday night for the second time - a decade after his first victory - while snapping a 55-race winless streak dating to 2012.

The victory ended a streak of futility at Daytona International Speedway, where he finished second in three of the previous four 500s.

"Winning this race is the greatest feeling that you could feel in this sport besides accepting the trophy for the championship," said Earnhardt, who climbed from his car in Victory Lane and hugged every member of his Hendrick Motorsports crew. "I didn't know if I'd ever get the chance to feel it again and it feels just as good."

As he crossed the finish line in his No. 88 Chevrolet, the few who withstood a rain delay of 6 hours, 22 minutes screaming their support, Earnhardt euphorically radioed his crew, "This is better than the first one!" He was met by Rick Hendrick after his victory lap, and the team owner climbed into the driver's window for a ride to Victory Lane.

Rain stopped the race about 45 minutes after it began for a delay of more than six hours.

When it resumed, Earnhardt dominated at the track where his father was killed in an accident on the last lap of the 2001 race.

But it got chaotic as it neared the conclusion, with 42 lead changes and four multi-car accidents.

An accident with seven laps to go triggered by pole-sitter Austin Dillon, driving the No. 3 -

Earnhardt's father's number making its return to the Daytona 500 for the first time since 2001 - set up a final two-lap shootout to the finish.

Earnhardt got a great jump past Brad Keselowski on the restart, and had teammate Jeff Gordon behind him protecting his bumper. But Denny Hamlin came charging through the field and Earnhardt suddenly had a challenger with one lap to go.

Then an accident farther back brought out the caution and the win belonged to Earnhardt. Hamlin was second, followed by Keselowski, Gordon and Jimmie Johnson.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
since you phrase this as "we"....
don't know, dumbass Dave...
when did you start recording temperatures, what equipment did you use, and where are your calibration logs.....
dumbass Dave catches snowflakes on his tongue in the Winter and wets his pants outdoors in the Summer. From these two activities, he makes accurate determinations regarding Global Warming.

He wants to work for Farmers Almanac.

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

Where's the jobs Il Duce promised?

Using Census data, the researchers found that the percentage of unemployed young adults-currently about twice the national average-and those who are underemployed or working in jobs that don't require the degrees they hold, has risen steadily since the 2001 recession.

Research indicates that through 2012, about 44 percent of young, working college graduates were underemployed and the quality of jobs held by those underemployed has declined, with today's recent graduates increasingly accepting low wage jobs or part-time work, sometimes pushing other low-skilled workers out of the labor market.

What it costs

The youth jobs crisis is costing the U.S. economy and may continue to do so for years, further hindering this generation's ability to contribute to economic growth.

One report from a youth advocacy group called the Young Invincibles, measuring only lowered tax revenue and safety net costs, found that high unemployment among millennials, ages 18-34, costs the U.S. more than $25 billion annually. And jobless rates for millennials have been in double digits for nearly six years with the youngest among them, ages 16-24, experiencing the highest rate at 15 percent.

Other studies put the cost of youth unemployment at several hundred million dollars a year. Experts say this trend could undo many gains of the economic recovery.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

positronium wrote:
Silo view!
????

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

another of dopey daves lies revealed:

Don’t Blame Baby Boomers for the Shrinking Labor Pool
By Amanda Alix | More Articles
February 23, 2014 | Comments (15)

The declining labor force participation rate has been getting a lot of attention lately, particularly as the national unemployment rate edges downward, even as more people drop out of the workforce.

Why are fewer people who truly want to work actively looking for employment? One theory posits the baby boomer generation is responsible, as its aging members enter retirement. I disagree, for one stunningly simple reason: Boomers are remaining gainfully employed, even after they reach the traditional age of retirement.
THE DEBIL

Brewster, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

I A GARDEN HOSE YOU FO'GOT TO TURN OFF, IT CRUDE, YOU SIMPLE-MINED... IT ALL COME ROUND...

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
no facts to present? no empirical evidence to back up your assertions?
if conspiracy theories are your last resort....you've already lost the argument.
btw....
Satellite temperature measurements
The temperature of the atmosphere at various altitudes as well as sea and land surface temperatures can be inferred from satellite measurements. Weather satellites do not measure temperature directly but measure radiances in various wavelength bands. These measurements can be used to locate weather fronts, monitor the El Niño-Southern Oscillation, determine the strength of tropical cyclones, study urban heat islands and monitor the global climate. Wildfires, volcanos, and industrial hot spots can also be found via thermal imaging from weather satellites.
Since 1978 Microwave sounding units (MSUs) on National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration polar orbiting satellites have measured the intensity of upwelling microwave radiation from atmospheric oxygen, which is proportional to the temperature of broad vertical layers of the atmosphere. Measurements of infrared radiation pertaining to sea surface temperature have been collected since 1967.
Satellite datasets show that over the past four decades the troposphere has warmed and the stratosphere has cooled. Both of these trends are consistent with the influence of increasing atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_temper...
LMAO

So what are you saying here? You just Copy-n-Pasted more gobbledygook in an attempt to buffalo us.

E=MC^2

There. I just impressed everyone so much that they couldn't possibly argue with someone as intellectually superior as I.

What does your little presentation tell us about accuracy of prediction and theory? Nothing.

Repeated computer modeling using this data has repeatedly failed and very often failed miserably.

You are a midget carnival barker. Those are your only credentials.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
inferred???...
ROTFLMAO.....
Watching the Sun sink below the horizon would infer that it is moving around the Earth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave catches snowflakes on his tongue in the Winter and wets his pants outdoors in the Summer. From these two activities, he makes accurate determinations regarding Global Warming.
He wants to work for Farmers Almanac.
dumbass Dave is the clown who holds up the groundhog in Punxatawney, predicting the weather/climate for six weeks.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

harmonious wrote:
another of dopey daves lies revealed:
Don’t Blame Baby Boomers for the Shrinking Labor Pool
By Amanda Alix | More Articles
February 23, 2014 | Comments (15)
The declining labor force participation rate has been getting a lot of attention lately, particularly as the national unemployment rate edges downward, even as more people drop out of the workforce.
Why are fewer people who truly want to work actively looking for employment? One theory posits the baby boomer generation is responsible, as its aging members enter retirement. I disagree, for one stunningly simple reason: Boomers are remaining gainfully employed, even after they reach the traditional age of retirement.
many baby boomers need to keep working to support their slacker kids with worthless degrees.....

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
in·fer
to form (an opinion) from evidence : to reach (a conclusion) based on known facts
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inf...
as for the first you'd have not a clue. as for the latter: you'll never experience it
So which of these two definitions can we infer is the proper one to use for Global Warming explanations from sonic?

The former is typical sonic. The Latter is not.

“veni, vidi, vici”

denver

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2014

Judged:

probably good news:

CNN ending British journalist Piers Morgan's prime-time show
By Dan Whitcomb LOS ANGELES (Reuters)- CNN has decided to end the marquee prime-time talk show hosted by veteran British journalist Piers Morgan, the cable news network said on Sunday. A date for the final broadcast of Piers Morgan Live on

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1,000,541 - 1,000,560 of1,033,959
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min cpeter1313 303,223
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min lightbeamrider 216,852
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••