Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374405 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1088357 Feb 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What segment of America is the NAACP concerned with?
You tell me son.

I'm assuming you're trying a make a point?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1088358 Feb 28, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
What segment of America is the NAACP concerned with?
Oh wait! I'm sorry. I now understand your point is Romney isn't concerned with those who could qualify under NAACP.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1088359 Feb 28, 2014
In_Cold_Blood wrote:
<quoted text>
The Department of Health and Human Services (not Congress) drafted regulations in July 2010 that sharply tightened this provision in a way that clamped down on private policies. These regulations declared that “if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date — the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example — the policy would not be grandfathered,”
“That means the administration knew that more than 40 [percent] to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them,” NBC reported.
Republicans correctly warned that Obama's long-term goal was to squeeze private health care plans out of existence and replace them with federally run, federally approved plans.
Wouldn't mind seeing a source for that steaming pile of sht.

Ever heard of "state" insurance commissioners?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1088360 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
virtually all statistics published by the Obama mob are phony.....
Agree.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1088361 Feb 28, 2014
Here we go with Liely telling stories about her trips to the welfare agency?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088362 Feb 28, 2014
Obama talking about Ukraine, moving lips, saying nothing......

why does the fool make a statement that gives Putin a green light???...

better to say nothing.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1088363 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure wish you could find that video. But making a few appearances now and then or giving an interview isn't something I ever denied.
However, mentioning Valerie Jarrett three or four years ago was like talking about someone who didn't exist by the reactions from the left. It took a lot of convincing just to prove she did - much less proving the kind of power she holds over this president.
But gotta go. Already said "later" a few posts back. Dem's getting upset I haven't left yet.
Funny cht babe. I'm pretty sure that if you spend the minute or two necessary to google Valerie Jarrett appears on MSNBC you'll get a real eyeful.

And your first post pointed to libs not recognizing Jarrett for the White House was hiding her..

Obviously not so__she's been on very many news shows.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088364 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Funny cht babe. I'm pretty sure that if you spend the minute or two necessary to google Valerie Jarrett appears on MSNBC you'll get a real eyeful.
And your first post pointed to libs not recognizing Jarrett for the White House was hiding her..
Obviously not so__she's been on very many news shows.
but MSNBC is an in-house DemoKKKrat network not watched by anybody else.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1088365 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama talking about Ukraine, moving lips, saying nothing......
why does the fool make a statement that gives Putin a green light???...
better to say nothing.....
Thought Valerie wrote a very nice speech for this president to read so articulately even if it was just more empty words no one takes seriously.

But he never takes questions after these empty rhetoric press conferences. I'm convinced it's because Valerie isn't there to tell him the answers.

Do you recall any president so inaccessible and averse to answering questions from the press especially about something as serious as this? Because I don't.

He rarely, if ever, takes questions from the press. That bothers me tremendously.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1088366 Feb 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama did not speak with deliberate intent to deceive. Therefore, he did not lie. He was quoting directly from the Affordable Care Act. Republicans can, and will, keep spinning it anyway they want. Doesn't make it true.
Republican Mantra: "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Adolph Hitler
"uselesssinceforever000 "
Keep on making excuses for the boy president nobama. He lied. He made a a statement, the statement; "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Period." A flat out lie. You should continue to post that nobama did not lie. it will be a waste of your time, you can lie as much as you want to the majority of the American oublic is not going to buy your lie.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1088367 Feb 28, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Funny cht babe. I'm pretty sure that if you spend the minute or two necessary to google Valerie Jarrett appears on MSNBC you'll get a real eyeful.
And your first post pointed to libs not recognizing Jarrett for the White House was hiding her..
Obviously not so__she's been on very many news shows.
Hey fellow lib. Liak yeah man, duh! Dyh, wasnot dat debunked!

Debunked man!

Aren't us libs cool, man?

Hey wait! Are you a racist?

Corporations man!

Like whoa!

Must be Bush's fault, man!

Far out man!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1088368 Feb 28, 2014
Harry Reid.

Liar of the Year - 2014!

Carrying on the Democrat tradition.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1088369 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
But USA1680, let's talk about Obama's "57 states with two to go" which he didn't correct immediately - or ever.
Or "You can keep your health insurance if you like your health insurance. Period."
Think it was the emphasis on "period" that was the big mistake.
"Carol"
You could have included president nobama's statement made while campaigning, "The first thing I will do when I get elected will be to close Gitmo."
Peace
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1088370 Feb 28, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a song dimwit .... not an acknowledgement of a personal act. Liberals can be quite disingenious.
In a 1998 episode of VH1’s Behind The Music, Ted Nugent admitted to being a serial pedophile.
Right wingers are such idiots!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1088371 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought Valerie wrote a very nice speech for this president to read so articulately even if it was just more empty words no one takes seriously.
But he never takes questions after these empty rhetoric press conferences. I'm convinced it's because Valerie isn't there to tell him the answers.
Do you recall any president so inaccessible and averse to answering questions from the press especially about something as serious as this? Because I don't.
He rarely, if ever, takes questions from the press. That bothers me tremendously.
Nuts.

Obama had to check in on the subject, acknowledge it so to speak, to preempt/counter the cable news channels.

You have no understanding re: these subjects anyway__why do you persist?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1088372 Feb 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Obama talking about Ukraine, moving lips, saying nothing......
why does the fool make a statement that gives Putin a green light???...
better to say nothing.....
Obama: Deer in headlights.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1088373 Feb 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Harry Reid.
Liar of the Year - 2014!
Carrying on the Democrat tradition.
The whole damn dem bund are liars. LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

United States

#1088374 Feb 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me son.
I'm assuming you're trying a make a point?
Dummy!

Figure it out....
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1088375 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only was this First Lady never proud of her country until her inexperienced, unqualified, corrupt Chicago politician husband ran for the presidency, but her sudden patriotism seemed to stem from the color of his skin. You'd think her pride would have reflected what he had done for others in the black community in his district in Chicago who he ignored then too. They're even worse off now.
She was only proud her husband managed to fool the masses precisely because of the color of his skin. She had nothing else to point to for her pride in country all of a sudden. He hadn't done anything to be proud of.
Another delusional hate warped rant from Carol.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1088376 Feb 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought Valerie wrote a very nice speech for this president to read so articulately even if it was just more empty words no one takes seriously.
But he never takes questions after these empty rhetoric press conferences. I'm convinced it's because Valerie isn't there to tell him the answers.
Do you recall any president so inaccessible and averse to answering questions from the press especially about something as serious as this? Because I don't.
He rarely, if ever, takes questions from the press. That bothers me tremendously.
no point in questions when nothing is said to begin with......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 254,915
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,511
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 4 hr Ela 39
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr cpeter1313 310,940
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed Jesse 201,845
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed Brew In 32,245
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web