Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394388 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1087335 Feb 26, 2014
Progressive big cities are the shizznit when it comes to INCOME EQUALITY and why not New York!!!!!!!!

Harvard..

"...In contrast, 20.4 percent of households in New York County earned more than 150,000 dollars, and 26.5 percent earned less than 25,000."

Glaeser, E., Resseger, M.,l & Kristina Tobio (2008).'Urban Inequality'. WP-2008-10

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087336 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
IT'S DEAD: Brewer Vetoes Anti-Gay Bill
Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) announced Wednesday night that she has vetoed the anti-gay bill that has been sitting on her desk since last week.
The bill "does not address a specific or present concern regarding religious liberty in Arizona," she said in explaining her decision. She took no questions after announcing the veto.
"I sincerely believe that (the bill) has the potential to create more problems than it purports to solve," she said. "It could divide Arizona in ways that no one could imagine."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/brewer-...
She had no choice. Even Republicans who voted for the bill admitted it was a mistake.

The law was just another example of how Republicans let hatred and ignorance fuel their decisions rather than common sense.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087337 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No...they only "play games" with those they're being forced to serve who they didn't have to serve in the first place.
And act perfectly innocent.
only in your world would that make sense.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087338 Feb 26, 2014
Fox's Napolitano: Arizona's Anti-Gay Segregation Law Is "Profoundly Unconstitutional"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/02/25/foxs...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1087339 Feb 26, 2014
A Christian couple who ran a photography business in New Mexico kindly bowed out of being hired by a gay couple to photograph their wedding because of their religious beliefs.

The gay couple took legal action against them all the way to the Supreme Court and lost.

Would this same gay couple have taken such action against Islamic photographers? Wouldn't they have just found another photographer?

This is clearly a pattern of progressive secularism declaring war on Christianity.

Liberals protect and respect religious beliefs and freedoms of Islam. Just not Christianity.

Time to wise up.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1087340 Feb 26, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash...it's February, and those problems didn't materialize.
4 million enrolled, and it's killing you, isn't it?
When has ANYTHING you've predicted EVER come true?
And, I'll add, that "the actual enrollment period for Private QHPs ends on 3/31/14, we won't know how many actual enrollments there are until mid-April, and we won't know how many paid enrollments there are until sometime in early to mid-May" but as of February 13th, 70-80% are already paid.

http://acasignups.net/

Location hidden

#1087341 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and the king of non related posts retains his title!!!!!
go stick your head into a hole in the ice and take a deep breath....

ahhhhhhh........feel that global warming as it enters your lungs....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1087342 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Jan Brewer Announces Veto Of Arizona Anti-Gay Bill SB 1062
Brewer said the bill had "the potential to create more problems than it purports to solve."
"Senate Bill 1062 does not address a specific or present concern related to religious liberty in Arizona," she said. "I have not heard one example where business owners' religious liberty has been violated."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/jan-...
not one example.
Rush won't be able claim she was forced to say that.
Oh, he'll still claim that she was bullied into it.

“The governor of Arizona is being bullied,” Limbaugh said, on his Tuesday show, Mediaite reported.“She is being bulled by the homosexual lobby in Arizona and elsewhere. She is being bullied by the nationwide drive-by media. She is being bullied by certain elements of corporate America in order to advance the gay agenda. I guess in that circumstance, bullying is admirable. In fact, this kind of bullying is honorable.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087343 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
A Christian couple who ran a photography business in New Mexico kindly bowed out of being hired by a gay couple to photograph their wedding because of their religious beliefs.
The gay couple took legal action against them all the way to the Supreme Court and lost.
Would this same gay couple have taken such action against Islamic photographers? Wouldn't they have just found another photographer?
This is clearly a pattern of progressive secularism declaring war on Christianity.
Liberals protect and respect religious beliefs and freedoms of Islam. Just not Christianity.
Time to wise up.
the Constitution protects all religions.

so are you saying the Founders were liberals?

Location hidden

#1087344 Feb 26, 2014
Move to new England/Connecticut....

and enjoy the equality!

"New Haven-Bridgeport-Stamford, with its combination of inner-city poverty and hedge-fund entrepreneurs, is now the most unequal metropolitan area in the country with a Gini coefficient of .54."

ibid

https://www.google.com/search...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1087346 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i've never taken a gay sex trip to the Dominican Republic.
Butt you've taken a trip around the world with an entire Soccer Team.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1087347 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Business owners can still give bad service to certain people in Arizona and not pay close attention to the proportions of ingredients in their cakes. So nothing's changed.
There are other ways to lose customers you don't want other than just refusing to serve them in the first place.
This bill and all the hoopla surrounding it was unnecessary. Business owners refusing to serve certain customers isn't anything new. This was just progressive liberalism using gays versus religious beliefs to make a mountain out of a molehill.
WTH! This was nothing but the Republican Party of Texas trying to force their religious beliefs and principles on others. Liberals did not ask for this fight and it certainly wasn't a "molehill". It was an absurd, Republican atrocity.

"Last year, the Williams Institute used data from the U.S. Census to estimate that Texas has 46,401 same-sex households, and 20 percent of them — over 9,000 couples — are raising children. According to the state’s GOP, none of them are “families” and none of them deserve any protection under the law." The GOP is absolutely disgusting in their beliefs.

Location hidden

#1087348 Feb 26, 2014
Talk bout being out of touch....and funny accents are coooooooollll!

"According to the Census Bureau, Maine, Vermont and New Hampshire all have mostly white populations — in fact, at least 96 percent of the population of each state is white."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1087349 Feb 26, 2014
killtaker wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations!
You have posted 41,031 useless comments...
you are right up there with Small pox and syphilis...
yet many of mine have , in fact been useful and factual...

why do you have to lie so much?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1087350 Feb 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"recluse himself"???
stretch pants too tight???...
ROTFLMAO.....
It's a typo. Get over it. Try to pay attention to the message not the method of delivery.

FACT: In a criminal court, a judge must "recuse" himself if he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party.....

Issa's "court" is a joke and does not deserve to be shown respect.

Location hidden

#1087351 Feb 26, 2014
all that huffing and puffing....for 10 percent...

"Survey: Less than 10 percent of Army women want to join combat units"

\ http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/25/survey-less...

Lapeer, MI

#1087352 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet many of mine have , in fact been useful and factual...
why do you have to lie so much?
If I was working a crossword puzzle, they *might* come in handy but, even then, that's questionable.

Maybe your posts could be used to instruct kids on how *not* to write English.

Lapeer, MI

#1087353 Feb 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a typo. Get over it. Try to pay attention to the message not the method of delivery.
FACT: In a criminal court, a judge must "recuse" himself if he has a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party.....
Issa's "court" is a joke and does not deserve to be shown respect.
When the messenger arrives cross-eyed, babbling and foaming at the mouth, shooting the messenger is definitely in order.

Location hidden

#1087354 Feb 26, 2014
dodging taxes...lefty style....

"Gawker to Quentin Tarantino: We're Safely Based in the Cayman Islands"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/gawk...

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1087355 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
such a learned response. it's almost intellectually intimidating.
almost.
Obamakare workers are doing "gods work"

Il Duce, Today

is you boy one of them religious nutjobs, Hedgehog?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Into The Night 9,779
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 255,480
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 16 ThomasA 311,316
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web