Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383859 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1087042 Feb 26, 2014
Good man, that Jefferson:

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”(Quoting Cesare Beccaria)

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary, too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.
{todays demorats}

And finally:

The god who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time: the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1087043 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
cite it.
not going to do that, are you? you never do.
and i have yet to see you have an answer to one of your own questions.
Let's try this again.
To answer the post, you have to put a number in your post.
What is your estimate of how many people will lose their health insurance when the employer mandate is made effective?
The lowest estimates are 50 milion.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1087044 Feb 26, 2014
climate and weather patterns are cyclic in nature...

just ask a stalagmite in Ireland...

'rom a high-resolution speleothem ð18O record obtained from a stalagmite discovered in a cave in southwestern Ireland. At the beginning of the 3000-year-long Voring Plateau record, both regions were clearly in the end-stage of the long cold period that preceded the Roman Warm Period. Hence, both records depict warming from that point in time to the peak of the Roman Warm Period, which occurred about 2000 years BP. Then, both regions begin their descent into the Dark Ages Cold Period, which held sway until the increase in temperature that produced the Medieval Warm Period, which in both records prevailed from about 800 to 550 years BP. Last of all, the Little Ice Age is evident, with cold periods centered at approximately 400 and 100 years BP, again in both records.'

and this GEM>>>>>>

'...Two final points of interest:(1) neither record indicates the existence of what has come to be called the Modern Warm Period, and (2) Andersson et al. report that "surface ocean conditions warmer than present were common during the past 3000 years.'

Andersson, C., Risebrobakken, B., Jansen, E. and Dahl, S.O. 2003. Late Holocene surface ocean conditions of the Norwegian Sea (Voring Plateau). Paleoceanography 18: 10.1029/2001PA000654.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087045 Feb 26, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually...he just "postponed" the mandate...for political reasons.
Shallow politicians make for shallow politics.
(Who can't see through this by now?)
This is more than just a shallow politician making shallow politics.

The date of implementation of the mandate is specifically written into the ObamaKare law.
To change that date, the law must be changed.
The only thing that can change a law is a subsequent law. The President doesn't have the authority to write his own laws to suit a political whim.

This is Obama assuming he is some kind of dictator of the United States and writing his own laws.

A clearer case for impeachment and conviction doesn't exist. And, we have RINO saboteurs leading the House....

“you know i know”

denver

#1087046 Feb 26, 2014
"Were we directed from Washington when to sow and when to reap, we should soon want bread."

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." {dems again}

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

"I have never been able to conceive how any rational being could propose happiness to himself from the exercise of power over others."

"Say nothing of my religion. It is known to God and myself alone. Its evidence before the world is to be sought in my life: if it has been honest and dutiful to society the religion which has regulated it cannot be a bad one."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."

"Most bad government has grown out of too much government."

Clearly Jjefferson could anticipate the future, he would be repulsed completely by todays liberals.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1087047 Feb 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Debunked__no more than fun with words and numbers by Dr. Paul L. Williams, a batsht crazy right wing racist POS scumbag.
Debunked!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

“you know i know”

denver

#1087048 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush understands.
They want them to go after the Tea Party because the Tea Parties are an outside threat to their power hold. I'm telling you, the lobbying-consultant class of the Republican Party and Republican leadership, who have been attacking the Tea Party and alienating them, they want the IRS to do this. That's why there hasn't been any establishment Republican pushback on the IRS. It's almost safe to say the Republican establishment might be willing to lose a couple of elections if it meant getting rid of the Tea Party; because it's clear, folks, they don't want to win any elections the Tea Party can claim any credit for.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/02/17/...
and let's consider that Lois Lerner was a Bush appointed Republican.
Who worked for Il Duce, doofus.

“you know i know”

denver

#1087049 Feb 26, 2014
Rush says some guy caught on video having sex with a bovine, does wooodddikk have an alibi? LMAO

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1087050 Feb 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush understands.
They want them to go after the Tea Party because the Tea Parties are an outside threat to their power hold. I'm telling you, the lobbying-consultant class of the Republican Party and Republican leadership, who have been attacking the Tea Party and alienating them, they want the IRS to do this. That's why there hasn't been any establishment Republican pushback on the IRS. It's almost safe to say the Republican establishment might be willing to lose a couple of elections if it meant getting rid of the Tea Party; because it's clear, folks, they don't want to win any elections the Tea Party can claim any credit for.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/02/17/...
and let's consider that Lois Lerner was a Bush appointed Republican.
They are all big government RINOs. Something the TEA Party will never stand for. I'm not a teapartier but I agree with much they stand for. Just because you have an R beside your name doesn't mean you are a conservative. Something you libtards never, ever learn!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087051 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>funny how he keeps posting proven lies over and over again....
You, being a pathological liar continually regurgitating the party line lies, saying something is a lie is no proof, moron.

For instance:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?(You do realize we even have a former Al Qaeda detainee in Gitmo identified as one of the terrorists that killed Stevens, don't you?)

And,

Did Obama lie when he said he was born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he began in 2007 to claim he was born in Hawaii?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1087052 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
The quote is true, it can not be nullified, especially not by lunkheads like you and woodendikklikk:
white Christian male who discovered, explored, pioneered, settled and developed the greatest Republic in the history of mankind.
What was the wimin doin???

Manifest Destiny left the building numbnuts__it don't live here here any more because some white Christian males thought bringing black folk from from Africa and later brown folk from Mexico to handle the hard work would be OK.

Did they think those folks would all disappear when the work was done?

NO!!! They didn't give a fk

And the little dig laughed....
BaawwaahhhNUTsur priZed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1087053 Feb 26, 2014
Baawwaahhh wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet MORE words of craaapppp from BAAWWAAHHH-NOT SURPRIZED, TOPIX favorite world-class meshuggenah butt whole!!! Another OBAMABOT hallucinatory and pointless observation saying absolutely nothing. Zero.
According to a new study by the Center for Media and Public Affairs, DEMOCRATS were found to be significantly more dishonest in their public statements than REPUBLICANS. The CMPA examined 100 statements by members of both parties that were fact-checked by PolitiFact.com between January 20, to May 22, of 2013. Here is a summary of their findings:
PolitiFact rated 32% of DEMOCRAT claims as “false” or “pants on fire,” compared to 11% of REPUBLICAN claims – a 3 to 1 margin.
Conversely, Politifact rated 22% of REPUBLICAN claims as “entirely true” compared to 11% of DEMOCRAT claims – a 2 to 1 margin.
A majority of REPUBLICAN statements (54%) were rated as mostly or entirely true, compared to only 18% of DEMOCRAT statements.
Conversely, a majority of DEMOCRAT statements (52%) were rated as mostly or entirely false, compared to only 24% of REPUBLICAN statements.
Despite controversies over Obama administration statements regarding Benghazi, the IRS and the Associated Press, Republicans have continued to fare worse than Democrats, because Obama is so much better at his LIES with 60% of their claims rated as false so far this month (May 1 – May 22), compared to 29% of REPUBLICAN statements – a 2 to 1 margin.
http://www.cmpa.com/study-media-fact-checker-...
Baawwaahhh!
Not Surprized! LOL

“you know i know”

denver

#1087054 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe dumbass Republicans in Congress should address the families of over 4000 dead soldiers why they were sent to Iraq. So far they were told WMDs, Links to Al Qaeda, Spreading Democracy, or was it about oil.
I find you total assh*les to be such a f*cking joke ranting & having a fit about Benghazi where 4 people died and yet say absolutely nothing when your hero George W Bush sent 40000 soldiers to their deaths in a made up war based on lies.
My God, they weren't even given properly armored vehicles & body armor.
You people are a bunch of sick f*cks who ignored the travesty in Iraq while lying to make up a false issue in Benghazi.
There is no excuse for you people.
Maybe dumbass Il Duce butt kissers should ask why we're still sacrificing Americans in Afghanistan for absolutely nothing.

Have you seen Code Pink lately?

How about phony anti war Hollywood blabbermouths?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087055 Feb 26, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what corruption can you prove? they were doing their job. a group applying for that tax exemption has ot show that most of their work is social work in anture, not political, and the TEA party platform says they have NO SOCIAL AGENDA ...what part of this don't you understand? a group with that name applying for that status would immediately come under extra scrutiny.
i know these very simple facts may bve too much for your puny brain to contend with, but they are still the facts...
when you can counter them with facts of your own, do so..9i won't hold my breath...)
And Lois Lerner invoked the 5th Amendment because there was not a smidgeon of corruption, right?

You are delunsional.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087056 Feb 26, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this again.
To answer the post, you have to put a number in your post.
What is your estimate of how many people will lose their health insurance when the employer mandate is made effective?
The lowest estimates are 50 milion.
cite the estimate.

“you know i know”

denver

#1087057 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe dumbass Republicans in Congress should address the families of over 4000 dead soldiers why they were sent to Iraq. So far they were told WMDs, Links to Al Qaeda, Spreading Democracy, or was it about oil.
I find you total assh*les to be such a f*cking joke ranting & having a fit about Benghazi where 4 people died and yet say absolutely nothing when your hero George W Bush sent 40000 soldiers to their deaths in a made up war based on lies.
My God, they weren't even given properly armored vehicles & body armor.
You people are a bunch of sick f*cks who ignored the travesty in Iraq while lying to make up a false issue in Benghazi.
There is no excuse for you people.
Hey, dopey, what's the title of this thread? Is there an adult nearby to explain it to you?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1087058 Feb 26, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
KEYSTONE!!
Americans FOR America-NOT divide, drain and WHINE AGAINST it..anti-America DUHPONT.
SHAME on You!
The Keystone Pipeline is owned by TRANSCANADA, a privately owned, Canadian Corporation. Their pipeline is a farce and does not benefit America.

“you know i know”

denver

#1087059 Feb 26, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Another defender
Yes, defender of truth, justice and the America way.

You on the other hand are a defender of criminals like Il Duce and Holder.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1087060 Feb 26, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who worked for Il Duce, doofus.
Lois Lerner Shows Why Obama Needs to Get Rid of All Remaining Bush Appointees

Pleading the fifth is evidence of guilt if you have the bad fortune to work under the Obama administration, but the same folks will defend your right to plead the fifth if you happen to be working under a Republican president. Too bad for Lois Lerner, who was appointed by Bush in 2006 as head of the IRS Exempt Organizations Division, but is now apparently going to serve as yet another fall guy for the cause.

http://www.politicususa.com/2013/05/22/lois-l...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1087061 Feb 26, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
At 10:00 am ET February 27, 2014… after two and a half years of waiting for answers, SEAL families will sit in a Congressional hearing asking questions. Please help make sure that those questions are asked and answered.
These Representatives need to hear from the American people or this hearing will become just another “Benghazi” effort to sweep Administration failings under the political carpet.
Those who are not democrats aka liberals, it is time for some work. Call the Representatives, it only takes a few minutes:
Here are the numbers:
http://www.rightsidenews.com/2014022633924/ed...
I want to know how the Taliban knew exactly where the "secret" mission was going so they could have a Taliban waiting there for them with a rocket launcher.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 5 hr Talkin To daStupid 9,639
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,269
News Pastor's flock remains faithful (Jan '09) 20 hr Be Jesus like 36
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sat ChristineM 255,314
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA Sat predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) May 26 Financial Consult... 6
More from around the web