Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396592 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1086045 Feb 24, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Men can never have a vagina or bear a child. That is power.
That is human nature and anatomy.

But you forced me to post this:

I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back and pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again

You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul

Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong
I am invincible
I am woman!

(It's a given we have vaginas and can bear children.)

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1086046 Feb 24, 2014
nighty night!

I love me some social science!!!!

tomorrow I will have some goodies on

1500 year climate patterns that don't have anything to do with the IPCC or Al Gore!

can't wait to teach!!!!!

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1086047 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We as in mankind.
I guess that would not include a bigoted POS like you.
Krauthammer: The myth of "settled science"
By Charles Krauthammer
Washington Post Writers Group
POSTED: 02/22/2014 05:01:00 PM MST248 COMMENTS| UPDATED: A DAY AGO

""The debate is settled," asserted propagandist in chief Barack Obama in his latest State of the Union address. "Climate change is a fact." Really? There is nothing more anti-scientific than the very idea that science is settled, static, impervious to challenge."

Obama is an idiot.

"So much for settledness. And climate is less well understood than breast cancer. If climate science is settled, why do its predictions keep changing? And how is it that the great physicist Freeman Dyson, who did some climate research in the late 1970s, thinks today's climate-change Cassandras are hopelessly mistaken?"

Warmers are stupid and hysterical

"They deal with the fluid dynamics of the atmosphere and oceans, argues Dyson, ignoring the effect of biology, i.e., vegetation and topsoil. Further, their predictions rest on models they fall in love with: "You sit in front of a computer screen for 10 years and you start to think of your model as being real." Not surprisingly, these models have been "consistently and spectacularly wrong" in their predictions, write atmospheric scientists Richard McNider and John Christy — and always, amazingly, in the same direction.

Settled? Even the U.K.'s national weather service concedes there's been no change — delicately called a "pause" — in global temperature in 15 years. If even the raw data is recalcitrant, let alone the assumptions and underlying models, how settled is the science?"

Blind leading the blind hysterics

"Climate-change proponents have made their cause a matter of fealty and faith. For folks who pretend to be brave carriers of the scientific ethic, there's more than a tinge of religion in their jeremiads. If you whore after other gods, the Bible tells us, "the Lord's wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit"

Religious fanatics, as loony as the islamofascists, even more dangerous.

Read more: Krauthammer: The myth of "settled science" - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_25199194 ...
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us:@Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Orlando, FL

#1086048 Feb 24, 2014
A Woman Of Strength

A woman of strength,
Has courage to face the day,
And the confidence,
To handle whatever comes her way.
A woman of strength,
Has so much love to give,
And more compassion,
It gives her a reason to live.
A woman of strength,
Can face trouble with more hope,
Face adversity,
Always finding the strength to cope.
A woman of strength,
Can take the bad with the good,
And learn from it all,
With a sense of pride that’s understood.
A woman of strength,
Can conduct herself with grace,
Hold her head up high,
And dignity always has its place.
A woman of strength,
Can face almost anything,
And can look forward,
To what the future will possibly bring…

Jan Brooks

“you know i know”

denver

#1086049 Feb 24, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Outsourcing Jobs?
I wonder why House Republicans have been up on their hind legs to defeat a Bill that would give Tax Incentives to Corporations that return Jobs to the United States and penalize those that out source Jobs abroad?
here's your job exporters, you blathering, bloated bovine:

Take Hollywood, they have been leaving California for other countries and the 42 states that offer them tax breaks to escape California's high taxes and unions for decades.

Here's 2 examples of how hypocritical Hollywood supporters have shipped American jobs overseas:

DreamWorks Animation formed a partnership in 2008 with an animation company in Bangalore, India, which is called Paprikaas Interactive Services. Paprikaas offers a wide variety of animation services, including character modeling, set design, and animation for movies, TV shows, and video games. The company counts among its clients Nickelodeon, Sony Computer Entertainment, Electronic Arts, and Microsoft.

In February DreamWorks announced a $2 billion deal with the Chinese government, which involved the building of a production studio in Shanghai. The deal came to fruition just days after Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping made a visit to Los Angeles to meet with Katzenberg. "

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Hirsen/Outsourcing-Oba ...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Il Duce supporters and the biggest hypocrites in the country, deny it.

“you know i know”

denver

#1086050 Feb 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many baby boomers need to keep working to support their slacker kids with worthless degrees.....
Well, i don't know about that, I'm healthy, i plan to work many more years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1086051 Feb 24, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Patrick...thought you were going for something poetic for a minute there.
As you get older you get bitter.
but still theyz medicaid and twitter...
Retired and bitter seems a amusing combo...
But then the economy is fooduh stamps for zombos.
don't you find elderly queens amusing???....

“you know i know”

denver

#1086052 Feb 24, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Outsourcing Jobs?
I wonder why House Republicans have been up on their hind legs to defeat a Bill that would give Tax Incentives to Corporations that return Jobs to the United States and penalize those that out source Jobs abroad?
willful ignoramus:

Jobs Bills - Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader

majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/&#8206 ;

Majority leader

Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about ... 72 - Passed by the House (391-28) on February 11, 2011.

[PDF]
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN ...

kelly.house.gov/sites/...house.../Jobs.PDF&am... ... ;

United States House of R...

HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN THE SENATE ... Protecting Jobs From Government ... Budget for Fiscal Year 2012 H. Con .Res.

House passes jobs bill with wide bipartisan margins - Washington Post

www.washingtonpost.com/.../house-passes-jobs -... ;

The Washington Post

Mar 8, 2012 - In a rare show of bipartisanship, the House approved a measure Thursday designed to make it easier for small businesses to launch initial ...

25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate ...

www.speaker.gov/.../25-house-passed-jobs-bill ... ;

John Boehner

The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the ... the House in November,“removes barriers to doing business” for job creators.

Barry and Harry said no way in hell, Mangy, when did you get banned?

Orlando, FL

#1086053 Feb 24, 2014
It's time to start honing in on the president and his reelection campaign deceiving voters about Benghazi to win an election and subversion of our democracy.

At least four career officials at the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency retained lawyers last year before providing information about the Benghazi attacks to Congress.

Victoria Toensing, a former Justice Department official and Republican counsel to the Senate Intelligence Committee, represented one of the State Department employees. She said her client and some of the others who considered themselves whistle-blowers had been threatened by unnamed Obama administration officials.

“I'm not talking generally, I'm talking specifically about Benghazi – that people have been threatened,” Toensing said in an interview.“And not just the State Department. People have been threatened at the CIA.”

Toensing added that Obama's administration is "taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over [if they cooperate with congressional investigators]."

...This goes much deeper than what this WH wants us to believe.

“you know i know”

denver

#1086054 Feb 24, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Really?
Why dont you enlighten us as to what Violations of the Constitution he's commited ?
Specificly.
Ill take you inabilty to do so as an admission that your a Liar.
THE QUOTE OF THE DECADE
"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006~

2008 FY Budget Deficit $455 Billion <---- Democrats control Congress
2009 FY Budget Deficit $1.4 Trillion
2010 FY Budget Deficit $1.3 Trillion
2011 FY Budget Deficit $1.6 Trillion
2012 FY budget deficit $1.3 trillion
2013 est. deficit $680 billion

“you know i know”

denver

#1086055 Feb 24, 2014
"leadership means that the buck stops here"

Il Duce

Ha s the buck ever stopped at the liar in chief's desk?

“you know i know”

denver

#1086056 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
We as in mankind.
I guess that would not include a bigoted POS like you.
Seen new york's ads offering tax breaks, Dopey? Any guess as to why they're doing it?

See where Game of cards is threatening to leave Maryland if they don't get more big, fat tax breaks?

Dying to hear your excuses.

Orlando, FL

#1086058 Feb 24, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
It's time to start honing in on the president and his reelection campaign deceiving voters about Benghazi to win an election and subversion of our democracy.
At least four career officials at the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency retained lawyers last year before providing information about the Benghazi attacks to Congress.
Victoria Toensing, a former Justice Department official and Republican counsel to the Senate Intelligence Committee, represented one of the State Department employees. She said her client and some of the others who considered themselves whistle-blowers had been threatened by unnamed Obama administration officials.
“I'm not talking generally, I'm talking specifically about Benghazi – that people have been threatened,” Toensing said in an interview.“And not just the State Department. People have been threatened at the CIA.”
Toensing added that Obama's administration is "taking career people and making them well aware that their careers will be over [if they cooperate with congressional investigators]."
...This goes much deeper than what this WH wants us to believe.
Correction: This goes much deeper than what this WH and the liberal media are desperately trying to will away by hoping their loyal followers will enable them to get away with it.

The rest of us know exactly what going on.

“you know i know”

denver

#1086059 Feb 24, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The normal temperature would be what our current climate is based upon.
The ave. temp between 1890& 1960 is about 15 C.
What about between the Battle of Hastings and Magellan circling the globe?

What about when Europe had the Little dark Ages?

Orlando, FL

#1086060 Feb 24, 2014
Okay, just randomly going to blab now.

Seems the seller of the home that didn't appraise high enough would have come down to the appraisal value if the appraiser hadn't noted on his assessment that the roof "appeared" to be "nearing the end" of its useful life but still described the roof in "fair" condition.

The roof had about a five-year life left - maybe longer, but it was in "fair" condition.

The seller thought he had to replace the roof plus come down the price. But would have done the latter.

Seems like we got jipped somehow. Maybe not. We really didn't want a pool. But would have lived with it. Not sure what to think. I sent the lender an email tonight to inform him of this new "development" - which I just found out tonight - but it's probably too late now.

“you know i know”

denver

#1086061 Feb 24, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
IPCC model global warming projections have done much better than you think
Global warming since 1990 has fallen within the range of IPCC climate model projections
The IPCC also notes that climate models have accurately simulated trends in extreme cold and heat, large-scale precipitation pattern changes, and ocean heat content (where most global warming goes). Models also now better simulate the Arctic sea ice decline, which they had previously dramatically underestimated.
All in all, the IPCC models do an impressive job accurately representing and projecting changes in the global climate, contrary to contrarian claims. In fact, the IPCC global surface warming projections have performed much better than predictions made by climate contrarians.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/climat...
you keep asking me questions, i answer them, and then you go all in on anything but acknowledging that your question was answered.
and anyone could find the truth about man made global warming without being an Einstein. only an idiot could not see that the preponderance of empirical based data not related to industry funded deniers is so overwhelming that there really isn't a realistic argument to be made by the well paid right wing faux scientists.
What happened to all them horrible hurricanes you predicted?

Where's California's wet weather you predicted?

When is the sea level going to rise as you predicted?

“you know i know”

denver

#1086062 Feb 24, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: This goes much deeper than what this WH and the liberal media are desperately trying to will away by hoping their loyal followers will enable them to get away with it.
The rest of us know exactly what going on.
Americans died
Il Duce and Shrillary lied

and continue to lie.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1086063 Feb 24, 2014
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what you say, you leave Uncle Joe out of that nonsense...bless he heart.
Uncle Joe is ready when Hillary strokes out.....

“you know i know”

denver

#1086064 Feb 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Debil. I've jumped over a hundred posts. Not much time lately for Topix. Good to see you here trying to point out to Rethugs, as Albert Camus said, "the absurdity of the meaningless task of pushing a boulder up a mountain, only to see it roll down again."
Did good old Al say anything about dishonest cowards? Like you?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1086065 Feb 24, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we could get over half our electric needs if we just put panels on all of the usable roof space we have now...
and when the building needs a new roof???...

not to mention all the roof leaks caused by mounting the panels.....

and regular cleaning of the panels....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 255,574
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Bruin For Life 32,293
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Into The Night 9,892
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr ThomasA 311,364
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web