Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745669 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1086275 Feb 25, 2014
Carol is Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
"The house has been completely upgraded from top to bottom"
Then why is the roof so outdated?
Your dumb bullshit is, as always, dumb.
Liberal coward can't post with her own name.

The roof can look perfectly fine and have been updated, being only one of many components to a home.

You are just a nasty vile person. Ignorant as well.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1086276 Feb 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have no idea how the Ivanpah project works, you retard.....
in fact i do. i thought he was talking about a solar panel array. i admitted my mistake on it...something i ave noticed you never do..not man enough...i know.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1086277 Feb 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is not true and the facts certainly back me.
i notice when i slap you around, your "friends" in your little pond run like the cowards they are...
Disagree..... Yes, Only you notice, when you only think you do but in fact you don't.
You can't keep up with me, bubba. Why do you keep trying? Is it because you are stalking me?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1086278 Feb 25, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal Obama supporting Democrat like you does same thing, but took dollar out of a Conservatives pocket first before throwing it.
That's what the conservative said before he threw the money.

It's a good thing his son was there to witness what his t-p dad does...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1086279 Feb 25, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're a disrespectful POS birther who buys into "all" the right wing trash.
It doesn't matter what you once read on some right wing puke site or public forum__there was no beating or rape.
Cynthia Lee Myers is a fraud just like you are.
better than being a playground pedophile like you, Realslime.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1086280 Feb 25, 2014
Carol is Oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
"The house has been completely upgraded from top to bottom"
Then why is the roof so outdated?
Your dumb bullshit is, as always, dumb.
The roof is in "fair" condition. At least we know we wouldn't have to worry about unknown expensive repairs that many home buyers find out too late. We can save for a new roof over the next five to maybe 10 years. Doesn't seem that big of a deal to me.

Upgraded usually means on the interior. The condition of roofs, septic tanks, siding, etc. are all exterior improvements and separate issues.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1086281 Feb 25, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
February 25, 2014
WASHINGTON (AP)- An election-year plan by House Republicans to simplify the tax code would cut income tax rates but impose a new surtax on some high-income families.
The plan, which is to be unveiled Wednesday, would lower the top income tax rate from 39.6 percent to 25 percent, said a GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity. However, the plan would impose a new 10 percent surtax on some earned income above about $450,000.
The plan has no chance of becoming law without Democratic support. Instead, it could become a political document for House Republicans to show what they stand for, and for Democrats to attack, as the midterm elections approach in November.
http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...
Let's just hope we see more of what the GOP stands for in the coming months and what Democrats don't.
In other words, republicans are wasting taxpayer dollar and time and instead, making a political statement.

That was already clear son....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1086282 Feb 25, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again? I notice you are the only one who is obsessed about my wearing stretch pants with a long sweater.
Not true. I also think a woman in stretch pants represents laziness and trailer trash.

So no problem for you! Eeewwwww!!!!!
dem

United States

#1086283 Feb 25, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
February 25, 2014

WASHINGTON (AP)- An election-year plan by House Republicans to simplify the tax code would cut income tax rates but impose a new surtax on some high-income families.

The plan, which is to be unveiled Wednesday, would lower the top income tax rate from 39.6 percent to 25 percent, said a GOP aide who spoke on condition of anonymity. However, the plan would impose a new 10 percent surtax on some earned income above about $450,000.

The plan has no chance of becoming law without Democratic support. Instead, it could become a political document for House Republicans to show what they stand for, and for Democrats to attack, as the midterm elections approach in November.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.as...

Let's just hope we see more of what the GOP stands for in the coming months and what Democrats don't.
Great idea, dumb carol. Let the rich get richer while you settle for a new used house with a leaky roof.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1086284 Feb 25, 2014
flack wrote:
The opening of the Ivanpah plant marks a big step in federal and state renewable energy efforts, but government funds for such projects under President Barack Obama have been largely tapped out.
That means the private sector must fill the gap at a time when building a natural-gas fired power plant costs about $1,000 per megawatt, a fraction of the $5,500 per megawatt that Ivanpah cost.
So you can generate 5 times the power with the same money using natural gas! Libtards are SO stupid!!!!!! Not to mention natural gas fired plants don't have to wait for the sun to come up or a sunny day! Not likely to go bankrupt either.
That's some real good splainin genius.

Shall we now discuss operating costs over a twenty year period?

Keep in mind that the natural gas has to be purchased, transported, and stored before it can be burned.

Dang Sun shows up for work everyday right on time and doesn't cost a cent. Oh my!

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1086285 Feb 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and you have no idea how the Ivanpah project works, you retard.....
Ever notice the Tick really never says anything of substance nor does he state his stance? A fence-sitter, where 7 out of 10 of his replies are nothing more than the equivalent of 'you are stupid, you know nothing, he excels at double talk, straw man BS, or boasting how smart and successful he is - all while posting here day and night.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1086286 Feb 25, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>He probably found out where his money is going to disappear from.
It simply amazes me these legislators have so much time to do this kind of thing.
I guess this is the most pressing issue they have today.
In general, it looks like reich wingers are going overboard on their radical tactics. It's really appalling.
Yes, "appalling".
dem

United States

#1086287 Feb 25, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>stretch pants on old ladies are gross....even in South Florida where they are the uniform for NYC Bocajews.....

too much information....
Wassup, racist Pusscccee?

Orlando, FL

#1086289 Feb 25, 2014
Homer wrote:
"Rightwingers are very short-sighted." - Homer
"Rightwingers can never see the big picture." - Home
Shortsightedness and not seeing the big picture seems to be in the eye of the beholder.

Hi Homer.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1086290 Feb 25, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Flack worried about possible harmful effects yet doesn't give a rat's ass about the thousands of people that die every year from the poisons spewed from coal burning plants across this country.
Not maybe not might not could.. does.
name one......

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1086291 Feb 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you forgot the part about him being lying scum about his military service... the worst scum of all!
Since the O'bama administration had ordered the muzzie doctor to destroy records, who would know who serves? Healthcare for all--EXCEPT the VETERANS.
Put a MOSLEM doctor in Charge of destroying VA records so they can't see a doctor--what kind of POS does this? O'BAMA.
Where is your simultaneous out-rage? It was in every VA under the O'bama administration, no wonder the directive is to give soldiers oxy and methadone at the same time per O'bama and his rotten, incompetent, VA administrator.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1086292 Feb 25, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Tea Party Protestor Throws Dollar at Parkinsonís Victim
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/2010/03/18/tea-par...
Frank Abagnale

Orlando, FL

#1086294 Feb 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you people should stop using so much electricity.
I try myself - but Obama and your fellow Democrats keep raising taxes. You probably have no idea how much more this government is taking from you in just hidden taxes.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1086295 Feb 25, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact i do. i thought he was talking about a solar panel array. i admitted my mistake on it...something i ave noticed you never do..not man enough...i know.
just another illiterate liberal retard=woodtick.

Since: Feb 14

Waukesha, WI

#1086296 Feb 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's a moran who comes on here to just rile people. Just like that other idiot. I try to ignore the both of them. This one however spreads itself over several other threads I go to and does the same there. Mostly not worth your time.
Makes you wonder how he finds time to maintain the wealth and success he boasts of...then again, he IS the smartest guy on Topix! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 22 min June VanDerMark 336,834
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 35,803
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2