Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1079509 Feb 13, 2014
"Rightwingers won't even buy from Progressive Insurance" - Homer

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1079510 Feb 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
Accordigto the Constitution, the only way a law canbe changed is by a subsequent law
"DBWriter"
Not true. Check with the boy president nobnama, he enforces the law as he see fit. He makes exemptions as he sees fit;
- He exempts some companies for not one but two years on certain provisions of nobamakare
- He exempts unions
- He exempts the congress
- He offers subsidy's to the lazy, those with their hands out
But he does not exempt the citizens who pay for their own insurance with their own monies.
You have to understand their is the legal way and the nobama way.
Peace
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1079511 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer never laughs twice about the same thing.
On that note Sid Caesar croaked overnight. I was just a little kid when he was at his best__but I got it.

Also got Cyd Charisse.

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1079512 Feb 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Laugh again.
Please tell us you're just pretending to be this stupid. Here's the proof, dumbass. The post ends with a question. How about you answer it.
Obama's mother was a communist. Obama's grandmother and grandfather were communists. Obama's supposed father was a communist. Obama told you his primary mentor was Frank Marshal Davis. Obama went from Frank Marshal Davis to Vernon Jarrett and William Ayers. Today, the daughter-in-law of Vernon Jarrett has the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office. Obama filled almost all appointments with avowed communists, a few of which had to resign because they let inflamatory communist propaganda slip out of their mouths in public.
Obama has the Muslim Brotherhood in policy making positionis in the White House and State Department, perhaps all federal agencies.
* Abedin, Huma: Deputy Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
* Abunimah, Ali: Vice president of the Arab American Action Network
* Al-Hibri, Azizah: U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
* Al-Mansour, Khalid Abdullah Tariq: Patron of Obama during 1980s
* Al-Marayati, Salam: Representative of the U.S. government at the annual Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe conference
* Alikhan, Areef: Department of Homeland Security
* Arab American Action Network: Received money from Woods Fund when Obama was board member of Woods Fund
* Barack H. Obama Foundation: Headed by President Obama's half-brother, who oversees the Muslim Brotherhood's international investments
* Asbahi, Mazen: National Coordinator for Muslim American Affairs (during 2008 presidential campaign)
* Elibiary, Mohamed: Homeland Security Advisory Council
* Husaini, Minha: National Coordinator for Muslim American Affairs (during 2008 presidential campaign)
* Hussain, Rashad: Special Envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference
* Khalidi, Rashid: Professor of Middle East Studies at Columbia University
* Magid, Mohamed: Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Countering Violent Extremism Working Group
* Mattson, Ingrid: Invited by Obama advisor to work on the White House Council on Women and Girls
* Mogahed, Dalia: Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
* Patel, Eboo: Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
* Said, Edward: Professor and Arab activist who was keynote speaker at 1998 fundraiser attended by Obama
* Shora, Kareem: Homeland Security Advisory Council
* Shora, Nawar: Senior Advisor to the Civil Rights and Liberties Office of the Transportation Security Administration
Now, since it's a fact never in history have Marxist communists or Islamists voluntarily given up any position of power and authority they managed to achieve, why do you think the very first occurrence of the Marxist communists and Islamists who managed to achieve the power of the Presidency voluntarily giving up that position of power and authority will be here?
OMG OMG. George W Bush gave Muhammad Ali the Presidential Medal of Freedom!!! OMG OMG

How dare he!! Our highest civilian honor to a Islamist POS Muslim Brotherhood, Taliban, Al Qaeda Wahabbist, Out to kill us all. After all, how many Americans did he beat up???

It would be just funny that Dumbwaiter is this f*cking stupid but its spread throughout the right whiner world. Do an online search & I guarantee you will find a slew of dumbass right whiners calling these people dangerous terrorists.

It goes to the mass bigotry of the Tea Party, rabid right, and Dumbwaiter.
M Stein

New York, NY

#1079513 Feb 13, 2014
Homer, I've noticed that whenever you're around the right wingers seem to disappear. Why is that?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1079514 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
"Rightwingers won't even buy from Progressive Insurance" - Homer
LMAO, I caught that the other day when Flack was btchn about his hometown thread.

Stephanie Courtney has probably doubled__maybe tripled that company's sales__I like her!!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#1079515 Feb 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is, Obama lied when he said he was born in Kenya all of his life until 2007, right?
No.(Is your full name More On?)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1079516 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
"Would being stupid be an existing or pre-existing condition for rightwingers?" - Homer
Probably no different for leftists. Talk to your parents. See what they think.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1079517 Feb 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh dear... i've already made a mountain of beans..
and which was it? CC or vo-tech? seems to have struck a nerve, huh?
let me guess again...C+ average in highschool... topping out at thethe maybe 60th percentile on our SAT's
yeah, you were the kids we made fun of ..oh wait, we still do!
You were the easy bleeders.

Spokane, WA

#1079518 Feb 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what you are too stupid to understand is that there is no ban at all! this is just a private business deciding they do not want to sell cigarettes anymore.
"woodendick0000"
Would it not be great if various entities could say they will not to provide murder/abortion coverage, not provide birth control and not be punished?
Peace
KMA

Spokane, WA

#1079519 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
smoking marijuana is illegal everywhere in the USA....
"John Galt"
Illegal federally, yes. In this state, Washington, smoking pot is legal. The feds are not enforcing the anti pot laws. For the state, a tax bonanza. More tax dollars for the state to piss away.
Peace

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

#1079520 Feb 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, and if you think you are absolutely entitled to a certain amount of money from that account, there are mumerous SCOUS rulings to tell you different.
It says I have an account. I don't read more onto it than that.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1079521 Feb 13, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Illegal federally, yes. In this state, Washington, smoking pot is legal. The feds are not enforcing the anti pot laws. For the state, a tax bonanza. More tax dollars for the state to piss away.
Peace
The state of Washington??? Is that what you said Eed?

Spokane, WA

#1079522 Feb 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The state of Washington??? Is that what you said Eed?
"realslime" That is exactly what I said.
Peace
KMA
The Debil

New York, NY

#1079523 Feb 13, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>No.(Is your full name More On?)
Be still my beating heart! Hi, baby. It's been a while...
The Debil

New York, NY

#1079524 Feb 13, 2014
I been workin' undercover lately... tryin' to match the ebb and flow of the diseased conservative twaddle as it meander it's way through the world. Been mighty cold at night without you, however... Hey, um, you wanna see my muscle?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1079525 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I found an Onion article that backs your claims -
Obama Not Ruling Out U.S. Military Action In Congress
WASHINGTON—Following years of continued fighting and disorder in the troubled region, President Barack Obama revealed today that he has not ruled out taking immediate and decisive military action in the United States Congress.
Admitting that diplomatic outreach efforts in the area have so far proven unsuccessful, the president claimed that his administration is weighing the feasibility of committing combat troops to both the U.S. Senate and the House of Representatives in order to bring lasting peace and stability to the chaos-afflicted legislature.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/obama-not-ru...
Like Obama is in charge of anything and makes decisions....
"Every day it seems Obama got off a tour bus at the White House and found out he's the president." Charles Krauthammer

Would that chaos have begun when the Democrats won a super majority in the Senate and a dominant majority in the House, and for the next 4 years that disfunctional Congress couldn't even generate a budget?
I would think chaos is when the actions are obviously insane. The spending by Congress is insane. The only reason spending is insane is because there is no leadership from Obama being the visible image of President, and all leadership coming from the invisible actual holders of the authority of the President - that would be Vallerie Jarrett.

Want to end the chaos? Get rid of the people that are causing the insane spending.

The only sane people in Congress are members of the TEA Party. Everyone else is part of the insanity that is spending this government into certain collapse.

The party paid for by the economic expansion that began after the Great Depression is over. There's no more money. If you want to have another party some day, you have to build again what the previous generation built that paid for the party you idiots think can last forever, being paid for by an increasingly ignorant population.
The Debil

Crownsville, MD

#1079526 Feb 13, 2014
I think I gonna push to make chasing you an Olympic event. We call it, maybe, tent polin'? I get ALLLLL the damn medals.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1079527 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer never laughs twice about the same thing.
Every time you read it, it describes a more horriffic reality, doesn't it.

Please tell us you're just pretending to be this stupid. Here's the proof, dumbass. The post ends with a question. How about you answer it.
Obama's mother was a communist. Obama's grandmother and grandfather were communists. Obama's supposed father was a communist. Obama told you his primary mentor was Frank Marshal Davis. Obama went from Frank Marshal Davis to Vernon Jarrett and William Ayers. Today, the daughter-in-law of Vernon Jarrett has the office immediately adjacent to the Oval Office. Obama filled almost all appointments with avowed communists, a few of which had to resign because they let inflamatory communist propaganda slip out of their mouths in public.
Obama has the Muslim Brotherhood in policy making positionis in the White House and State Department, perhaps all federal agencies.
* Abedin, Huma: Deputy Chief of Staff to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
* Abunimah, Ali: Vice president of the Arab American Action Network
* Al-Hibri, Azizah: U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom
* Al-Mansour, Khalid Abdullah Tariq: Patron of Obama during 1980s
* Al-Marayati, Salam: Representative of the U.S. government at the annual Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe conference
* Alikhan, Areef: Department of Homeland Security
* Arab American Action Network: Received money from Woods Fund when Obama was board member of Woods Fund
* Barack H. Obama Foundation: Headed by President Obama's half-brother, who oversees the Muslim Brotherhood's international investments
* Asbahi, Mazen: National Coordinator for Muslim American Affairs (during 2008 presidential campaign)
* Elibiary, Mohamed: Homeland Security Advisory Council
* Husaini, Minha: National Coordinator for Muslim American Affairs (during 2008 presidential campaign)
* Hussain, Rashad: Special Envoy to the Organization of the Islamic Conference
* Khalidi, Rashid: Professor of Middle East Studies at Columbia University
* Magid, Mohamed: Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Countering Violent Extremism Working Group
* Mattson, Ingrid: Invited by Obama advisor to work on the White House Council on Women and Girls
* Mogahed, Dalia: Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
* Patel, Eboo: Advisory Council on Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships
* Said, Edward: Professor and Arab activist who was keynote speaker at 1998 fundraiser attended by Obama
* Shora, Kareem: Homeland Security Advisory Council
* Shora, Nawar: Senior Advisor to the Civil Rights and Liberties Office of the Transportation Security Administration
Now, since it's a fact never in history have Marxist communists or Islamists voluntarily given up any position of power and authority they managed to achieve, why do you think the very first occurrence of the Marxist communists and Islamists who managed to achieve the power of the Presidency voluntarily giving up that position of power and authority will be here?
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1079528 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to ask how Obamacare created this job crisis in light of employers cutting back employees' hours to part-time en masse right after this law was passed to avoid the hidden and unknown costs associated with it and the drying up of jobs because employers refused to hire any more workers for the same reason and the very recent CBO report announcing that over 2 million more people are willingly going to leave the full-time workforce just to afford this damn health care law - you don't know much of anything else. Sorry to say.
Sorry to say everything you just posted is a lot of bullcrap. There's no evidence that employers are cutting back employees hours en masse, that’s just a baseless assumption on your part.
No liar, people are not voluntarily leaving the work force to afford healthcare but they're being given the flexibility and can escape from job lock and expand their education, care for family, find a better job or start a business.
You right wingers are all about freedom aren't you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 35 min Insults Are Easier 238,223
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 54 min tom wingo 29,669
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr TerryE 5,306
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Junket 309,690
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web