Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1711142 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080115 Feb 14, 2014
SonicMoron has resorted to reading DoofusNews. How appropriate!
sonicfilter wrote:
Some Republicans Love Obamacare
By now, the Republican Party’s view of the Affordable Care Act should be pretty familiar, as in this ad from David Jolly:
“I’m fighting to repeal Obamacare, right away. It’s bad for our families, and our economy.”
But not all Republicans agree; one is Irene Jacusis of New Port Richey, who was uninsured until now.
“I did not vote for Obama," she said. "But I am so in love with this plan, with this health care plan, what can I do?"
She knows that her party wants to repeal it. "But I don’t think they’re going to," she She was between “a rock and a hard place. If I canceled my insurance, I was uninsurable."
If she dropped the policy and got sick, she could lose everything.
“By the time I canceled my policy I was up to $768 a month, so what is that, almost 10 grand a year? With $5,000 deductible. Do the math."
Then came the Affordable Care Act and Healthcare.gov . After running into glitches, Fallon found her way to Johnnie Ruth Clarke health center in St. Petersburg. And a navigator, Johanna Santiago.
“In a half hour she had my account set up, and I had a confirmation, a password, a login, and I was good to go," said Fallon, 49. "This was December and I cried. I just held my hands up in the air. Thank you, god. Finally, some relief. I couldn’t do it anymore.”
Now her premium is $150 a month, she said. Her deductible is only one-third as much as it used to be.
“ I have dental insurance!" she said in wonder. "And all the doctors that I do see, my dentist, my GYN, for a whole year I’m paying less than I paid per month.”
Fallon says she thinks the Affordable Care Act will help the economy.“The difference is now I can take the money that was going to that one insurance premium and I can go to the hair stylist,I can get my house repaired. I’m spending money in my community. This is going to be a ripple effect, this is going to restart the economic engine. We have been so enslaved by the health insurance system.”
She says people who have health care security -- such as veterans and Medicare patients -- need to see that others need health care, too. But she knows they don't think that way; as a registered Republican, she sees it in her mail.
“Every day I receive four-color glossy postcards for the election from candidates. It’s all hate mail. There’s no platform or program for fixing the problem of insurance, there’s just anti-Affordable Care. It’s just anti-Obamacare, all this hate. There’s no solution."
Peggy Arvanitas of Seminole has been a Republican for decades. In fact, she helps get GOP voters out to the polls.
And yet, on her car there’s a bumper sticker that says "I Heart Obamacare." Here’s why: She lost her coverage last year when the company she worked for went under; she had to take a part-time job with no benefits.
Then the health law kicked in. Since Jan. 1, she’s had a Humana plan she likes. Because her income is low, she pays just $10 a month.
When Arvanitas finishes her business degree and passes the CPA exam, she says, her income will go up, and the premium will, too. She sees that as sensible and fair.
“It isn’t a Democrat or Republican issue," she said. "It’s a health care issue.”
http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/post/some-republ...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080116 Feb 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! why? are you going to quote pravda my little ruskie fiend?
That's your job commie boy, not mine!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1080117 Feb 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to be polite, but you Davey are sooo F ing stupid, ignorant and dishonest, here's the jobs from the republican house that dirtbag traitor Harry Reid won't even bring to the floor of the Senate, let's discuss them instead of your fantasies:
Jobs Bills - Eric Cantor, House Majority Leader
majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/&#8206 ;
Majority leader
Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about ... 72 - Passed by the House (391-28) on February 11, 2011.
[PDF]
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN ...
kelly.house.gov/sites/...house.../Jobs.PDF&am... ... ;
United States House of R...
HOUSE-PASSED JOBS BILLS THAT ARE AWAITING ACTION IN THE SENATE ... Protecting Jobs From Government ... Budget for Fiscal Year 2012 H. Con .Res.
House passes jobs bill with wide bipartisan margins - Washington Post
www.washingtonpost.com/.../house-passes-jobs -... ;
The Washington Post
Mar 8, 2012 - In a rare show of bipartisanship, the House approved a measure Thursday designed to make it easier for small businesses to launch initial ...
25 House-Passed Jobs Bills Stuck in the Democratic-Run Senate ...
www.speaker.gov/.../25-house-passed-jobs-bill ... ;
John Boehner
The House passed three more common-sense jobs bills last week, bringing the ... the House in November,“removes barriers to doing business” for job creators.
House Republicans Blatantly Lie To America By Claiming They’ve Passed Dozens of Jobs Bills

....In his address, Stutzman urged President Obama to ask the Senate to pass all of the House -approved ‘jobs bills,’ as they would bring millions of jobs to the American people.

The thing is, there are no jobs bills waiting for approval by the Senate. The new tactic by House Republicans is to call every single bill that they pass a ‘jobs bill.’ An anti-abortion bill? Yep, jobs bill. Approval of the Keystone XL pipeline that will put billions of dollars in the pockets of the Koch brothers? Yep, jobs bill. Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) has actually put together a list of bills that have passed the House that he feels are ‘jobs bills.’ There is just one little problem. They aren’t going to create any new jobs!

In Boehner’s mind, repealing Obamacare, slashing regulations, gutting social programs and eliminating federal agencies is somehow going to create more jobs. One bill that Stutzman pointed to in his address, the SKILLS Act, is something the Boehner and Republicans have hyped up as important to job creation. However, the likelihood is that it would actually create a net negative in jobs. While the GOP can tout it as important to helping people train for new jobs, what it really does is eliminates many existing federal programs, putting government employees out of work.

....clearly aren’t focused on jobs. They are only focused on obstruction or pushing through anything that undermines the President and Democrats. Just because you call a bill a ‘jobs bill’ doesn’t make it so. If you aren’t willing to have anyone actually study and scrutinize a bill to see if they will actually create a net positive in employment, you cannot in good faith call it a ‘jobs bill.’ Period.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/18/house-...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1080118 Feb 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>One in 4.5 Americans are children.
4.9 out of every 5 Liberals acts and thinks like a child.

Lapeer, MI

#1080119 Feb 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax breaks for the single most important and essential industry in America really rankles his sorry ass. If there is any other industry that's more vital to our existence, I don't know what it is - besides farming. But even growing food depends on the oil industry. He's probably anti-farming too, for all I know.
He is anti-anything his handles tell him to be.
B-a-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-hhhh!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1080120 Feb 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this republican, Ostupida Kare would have DOUBLED what I was paying.
Now, what's affordable about that?
you don't have a right wing chain email Obamacare 'horror' story about how a not so real democrat cries about how he got screwed by the ACA?

would have been much more believable than your BS.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080122 Feb 14, 2014
California Farmers can't get water for their crops, but the moron Democrats protected the Delta Smelt!

I'm waiting for the liberals to try and tell people they can't drink water.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080123 Feb 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have a right wing chain email Obamacare 'horror' story about how a not so real democrat cries about how he got screwed by the ACA?
would have been much more believable than your BS.
I've only heard horror stories from people actually involved with Obamacare.

They are either paying more for an Obama Exchange Policy which is substandard, or have had their employer drop coverage, stating the dropped coverage was due to the Unaffordable Health Care Disaster.

They "ALL" lost their current insurance plan Obama said they could keep and also lost their doctor.

Old losers that did not plan for their retirement are the only ones happy because they get subsidies and can sponge off others (their kids & others in future generations). People like you & DumbDave are likely examples.

Lapeer, MI

#1080124 Feb 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
The Energy Information Administration says that it will cost new solar thermal plants 161 percent more to generate one megawatt hour of power than it costs a coal plant to do in 2018 — despite the costs of solar power being driven downward.
On average, conventional coal plants cost $100 to make one megawatt hour, while solar thermal plants cost $261 for the same amount of power. This data, however, does not take into account the impact of federal, state or local subsidies and mandates on power costs.
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/13/report-gove...
NO Renewable Energy Technology should be subsidized. It should stand on its own in the marketplace. Otherwise, it becomes a political medium for the likes of the Magic Negro and algores.

Currently, there is NO renewable energy that is not subsidized other than perhaps traditional hydroelectric. It is a sham that the energy industry parasites keep promoting the "falling costs" of renewables. Too many of those who invest in renewables do it simply to feed out of Uncle Sam's hand.

This removes any incentive to develop better, cheaper, more efficient forms of energy extraction.

You can see that $100 on your Electric Bill. That $261.00 is hidden inside the Magic Negro's Top-hat and you are either paying it in your tax bill or sticking your children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren with the bill.

Thanks, Mr. Boy Messiah.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1080125 Feb 14, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw that; what were all the charges? If this guy gets away with this, it will be incredible.
I means you can get away with murder in the state of Florida.
I agree with you that Obama should be impeached.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080127 Feb 14, 2014
Friday nights are different here. The liberal Commie Obama voters seem to be scarce.

Old habits never die. They are likely getting wasted like they have done all their life, yet every other night, these same losers are here whining about how they don't get enough freebies from the rest of us who are responsible.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1080128 Feb 14, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
SonicMoron has resorted to reading DoofusNews. How appropriate!
<quoted text>
lol! you mean, unlike your pravda son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1080130 Feb 14, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your job commie boy, not mine!
lol! why should anyone believe a non amerian like you by little ruskie fiend?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1080131 Feb 14, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
California Farmers can't get water for their crops, but the moron Democrats protected the Delta Smelt!
I'm waiting for the liberals to try and tell people they can't drink water.
why should a ruskie like you care care, son?
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1080132 Feb 14, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You're priceless. Here we have a deficit that will shortly be $18.2 trillion. This is a serious, tangible reality. It's not only affecting us now but it'll be affecting your descendants for generations to come. But you don't seem to care in the slightest or show the least urgency. But Global Warming? It's theoretical impact 'might'(highly doubtful) effect future generations with a degree or two in temperature rise. Which, for the most part, along with infinitesimally higher levels of CO2, would be of enormous benefit to much of the planet. Besides that, it's been shown that 90%, or more, of the climate models used in predicting this joke, are faulty.
I suggest you focus on something we can fix, rather than wasting your misguided energies on a smoke screen.
Another rightwing ding dong that can't discern between debt and deficit.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080134 Feb 14, 2014
Nearly 30% of CommieCare enrollees have not paid.

The fascists at the White House (Obama) wont come clean on this.

Would you trust this Jove-Ass Punk?

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2011/05/young-o...

This is the best Democrats have? Obama?

Next they want to give us some old HAG named Hillary who is almost as old as Reagan was when he ran for president?

"What Difference does it make!"

Sure am glad I can go to bed tonight knowing I'm not a Democrat worthless POS!
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1080136 Feb 14, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
Yes folks, it's time for another fun filled, uproarious, laugh a minute evening of entertainment featuring,,,
''NOT SURPRIZED'S'' trolling OBAMATRON BORING YOU TO DEATH sockpuppet shitshow!!!!!
NOT SURPRIZED wrote;
Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP? I think you and I are very different people.
http://www.topix.com/for um/nyc/T50ESIT30OD77D4FO/p2621
QUOTE who="NOT SURPRIZED
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo funny liberal.
I'm not "better" than you biologically, but I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
NOT SURPRIZED wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
NOT SURPRIZED wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K. I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
NOT SURPRIZED'S OBAMABOT BORING YOU TO DEATH TROLLING SOCKPUPPET JAMBOREE!
NOT SURPRIZED aka known as the stalker WAXYWAXTURD topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one!l
Not Surprized! LOL

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1080137 Feb 14, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
DBWriter already summed it up, weasel. You are confused yet again.
God are you an idiot!
"Buroc Millhouse nobama"
"real dumb" would not make a wart on a weasels or an idiots fannie.
Peace
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080139 Feb 14, 2014
Why don't you just post as Nuculur or one of your other socks mental case?

Everyone ignores these posts.

Why are you afraid of me?

BOO!
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
QUOTE who="Nostrilis Waxman" I'm a mut. Sweedish, Scot, English, Irish, Dutch, French - great grandparents moved to the U.S. <quoted text>
QUOTE who="Waxman "I do not have any failures. I am educated" .<quoted text>
QUOTE who="Nostrilis Waxman"-
I'm going to Europe again in less than a month. I have family there and while they are considered filthy rich and I stay in only the wealthy ares.
good nignt good people. I'm going across the pond to the U.K. for a wedding in two weeks.
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
BTW libturds I discovered a vintage 1958 Nash Rambler in one of the many buildings on my estate! My mechanic will see to getting it in proper working order. It’s easy when you’re wealthy, as am I.
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1080141 Feb 14, 2014
Fifty-eight percent of Republicans report having excellent mental health, compared to 43% of independents and 38% of Democrats

http://www.gallup.com/poll/102943/republicans...
Not Surprized wrote:
<quoted text>
Nostrilis Waxman wrote;
Did you graduate from an Ivy League in 3.5 years with a double major with a level of distinction far above others? I doubt it! Did you turn down a White House internship.
Waxman wrote:#56397
Do you own a penthouse in Manhatten lib overlooking CP? I think you and I are very different people.
http://www.topix.com/for um/nyc/T50ESIT30OD77D4FO/p2621
QUOTE who="Waxman/Waxturds
I live in a large house with a lot of rooms and computers and also have redundant communication providers.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/berwyn-il/T50 ...
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sooo funny liberal.
I'm not "better" than you biologically, but I don't think you sent your kids to prep schools and Ivy League schools like I have. I do not have any failures. I am educated.
http://www.topix.com/forum/source/lebanon-dai ...
WAXTURDS wrote: Would you like to borrown my Mercedes. Well, now I have three brand new cars. If I told you what I bought for my personal driver, you wouldn't believe it.
WAXTURDS wrote:
I'll post from the Caribbean to you lib. As you know, I just came home from the U.K. I have a job. I can retire now but I have a good job lib - and a pertfolio you would not comprehend garbage man. Sorry lib.
I'll try to post to you from the Caribean next week.
Cheers.
WAXTURDS TROLLING SOCKPUPPET JAMBOREE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 37 min Maxie 331,068
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Chosen Traveler 35,597
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr hojo 12,238
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb 21 ScoresPhartse 2
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web