Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375567 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1079348 Feb 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>my family has been huge players in the GOP for decades, yet i am not a republican...never have been...
when you start from false premises, all your conclusions will be false also...
you would help yourself if you actually understood what the words you parrot mean...as yet you do not.
<cognitive dissonance>
<delusioinal>

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079349 Feb 13, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'You can smoke pot AND you don't need people to answer the telephone economy' economy is on fire!
Verizon Wireless....
'The company will shut facilities in Meriden, Connecticut; Cranberry and Warrendale, Pennsylvania; and Irvine and Folsom, California, said Tom Pica, a spokesman for the Basking Ridge, New Jersey-based business. Verizon will shift about 2,200 of the employees to nearby offices, while the remaining 3,000 can apply for different jobs, relocate elsewhere in the country or take a buyout package.'
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-02-12/veri...
I have some important news for you.

Every week, people lose their jobs & file unemployment claims.

How many???

Anything under 375,000 is considered an indication on job growth.

Under 300,000 is considered really good

So really, all, your posts about plants closing, people losing jobs etc etc etc just show how uninformed & ignorant you are.

My God you people are dumber than sh*t.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079350 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as another major chain of stores decides to remove liquor or high-cholesterol products or high-caloric products from their shelves because they have the right to sell whatever they want to, I'll agree with you and those who agree with you.
But you and I both know that is never going to happen. The politically correct obsession with smoking as the ONLY personal bad choice that must be banned and smokers being the only "sinners" to be acceptably socially ostracized is a Progressive-Oppressive Party victory.
Many non-smokers agree with me. This obsession has simply gotten out of control.
Why did CVS ban e-cigarettes? It's just vapor. But it's the stigma of smoking - even if it's vapor - that must be determined as socially unacceptable.
Smoking marijuana, however, anywhere and anytime is perfectly socially acceptable.
You're really not getting this?
if you can show that the government was involved in the CVS decision, Galt will be on your side....

if CVS or other stores decide not to sell politically correct products (like birth control pills or condoms) and the government objects, Galt will be on your side....

Galt really doesn't object to your right to kill yourself, but admits to prejudice because smoking is a truly offensive and disgusting habit.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1079351 Feb 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ROTLMAO!!! Son, son, son.... You're such an idiot. You claimed the US Constitution was 'unambiguous.' What does 'naval' forces have to do with them?
Perhaps you should study up. Here, let me try and help a clueless idiot like you.....
http://www.uscg.mil/history/articles/CGHistor...
And btw, you should look up where 'common defence' was actually derived from.
You obviously have no clue about what you're talking about or the US Constitution. So I suggest you educate yourself and learn something factual for a change.
And if you don't, don't worry. You're simply.... SNAFU!!!!
You don't know the difference between the Constitution and law.
"naval forces" include the Coast Guard, dumbass.
If you are confused about any text in the Constitution and need an interpreter to explain it to you, please include the text in your post.
"Common defense" is the obligation of the federal government to use its authority as the central government over all the states having in common being part of the United States to defend each and every state. You'd know that if you read the complete sentence, moron.

Now, what you're saying is, Obama lied his whole life when he claimed to have been born in Kenya until 2007, right?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1079352 Feb 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're still having problems with the English language.
I see you make a great effort to do so too!
So, what you're saying is, Obama lied when he said he was born in Kenya all of his life until 2007, right?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1079353 Feb 13, 2014
Health groups call on fast-food to drop soda from kids' menu
Breitbart ^| February 3, 2014 | UPI
Posted on 2/4/2014 9:13:23 PM by Tolerance Sucks Rocks

Health organizations and U.S. nutrition experts say they are calling on fast-food restaurant chains to take sugary drinks off their children's menus.

Margo G. Wootan, nutrition policy director at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, said McDonald's agreed to drop soda and sugary drinks from Happy Meal menus last year, and 100 U.S. and local health organizations along with nutritional experts said in a letter to Wendy's, Burger King and 21 other restaurant chains that they too should remove the items from their children's menus.

Subway, Chipotle, Arby's and Panera already exclude sugary drinks from kids' meals.

"With 1-in-3 children overweight or obese in the United States, it no longer makes sense to include sugary beverages in restaurant meals for young children," the letter said.

The groups quoted research published in The Lancet that found drinking just one additional sugary drink every day increases a child's chances of becoming obese by 60 percent, Wootan said.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1079354 Feb 13, 2014
flack wrote:
Fox News contributor Kirsten Powers said Tuesday she is tired of constantly having to defend ObamaCare, saying the White House continues to put the law’s defenders in an awkward position.
Powers, who is also a columnist for The Daily Beast, expressed her frustration in reference to National Journal’s Ron Fournier, who admitted that he was a “naïve columnist” in a Tuesday article:“Why I’m Getting Sick of Defending ObamaCare.”
“I’m going to say amen, brother, because it’s exactly how I feel. People who have supported the law, who support universal healthcare, are constantly put in the position of having to defend this president, who has really incompetently put this together, rolled it out, and that’s why he has to do this. It’s why he has to keep doing this; because it’s not working.”
Powers, who is generally respected by both Democrats and Republicans alike, wasn’t through. She levelled her harshest criticism of ObamaCare to date:
“It’s now gotten to the point where it seems like there’s an exemption made for pretty much everybody except for individuals. A lot of people who have really been screwed over by the law, you know, who are left without insurance or with extremely expensive insurance.”
Kisten Powers represents the best of the “fair and balanced” on Fox News. While she is a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, she also calls ‘em like she’s sees ‘em. Something you won’t often see on MSNBC.
Incidentally, followers of IJR may recall this story from last fall about the unwanted ObamaCare surprise Kirsten received in her mailbox.
ATTORNEY GENERAL ERIC HOLDER CALLS FOR LIFTING BANS ON FELONS’ VOTING RIGHTS
H/T The Blaze
Flack & Glenn Beck. Explains a lot.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079355 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as another major chain of stores decides to remove liquor or high-cholesterol products or high-caloric products from their shelves because they have the right to sell whatever they want to, I'll agree with you and those who agree with you.
But you and I both know that is never going to happen. The politically correct obsession with smoking as the ONLY personal bad choice that must be banned and smokers being the only "sinners" to be acceptably socially ostracized is a Progressive-Oppressive Party victory.
Many non-smokers agree with me. This obsession has simply gotten out of control.
Why did CVS ban e-cigarettes? It's just vapor. But it's the stigma of smoking - even if it's vapor - that must be determined as socially unacceptable.
Smoking marijuana, however, anywhere and anytime is perfectly socially acceptable.
You're really not getting this?
smoking marijuana is illegal everywhere in the USA....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1079356 Feb 13, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<cognitive dissonance>
<delusioinal>
and again you fail miserably at trying to defend your bullshit...

DB- 0

WT-everything...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1079357 Feb 13, 2014
$17 Trillion in debt

50 million living on food deserts...

50 million without health insurance...

and the....
NSF!!!
that's National Science Foundation.

funded a:

"Study suggesting playing FarmVille on Facebook helps adults develop
and maintain relationships"

Colburn, T.(2011).'The Natl Science Foundation: Under the Microscope;. Retrieved 13 Feb 2014, from
, http://www.coburn.senate.gov/

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1079358 Feb 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! No, no, no son... that's YOUR claim. You keep bringing it up over and over and over and over.
Read the Obama bio Obama personally authorized in the first issue of the Harvard Law Review he published as editor.
Read the Obama bio Obama personally authorized his publisher ot publish from 1991 to 2007.

So, what you're saying is, Obama lied when he said he was born in Kenya all of his life until 2007, right?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1079359 Feb 13, 2014
$17 Trillion in debt

and the....
NSF!!!
that's National Science Foundation.

funded:

"An analysis of how quickly parents respond to trendy baby names "

Colburn, T.(2011).'The Natl Science Foundation: Under the Microscope;. Retrieved 13 Feb 2014, from
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079360 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How is your drought coming along? I saw you got some rain recently, was it enough to help? People shouldn't live in high drought areas where they have to divert water from growing crops.
California diverts water away from farming to protect the delta smelt.....

the rain was in Northern California.....
Lnc

Greenville, SC

#1079361 Feb 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what you people said in 2005-2007....
until you had a black candidate.....
but Hillary may save herself this time by coming out of the closet.....
Huma for First Lady......
Moronic Post from PA
-
Angela

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1079362 Feb 13, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Isn't she the one who made a fuss about her insurance premiums skyrocketing under ObamaCare.
That rant was cut short quickly__liars don't stand a chance these days. Particularly liars who are married to Johns Hopkins doctors. Doctors who are right wing pundits.
I guess maybe 68 year old high school educated retired factory workers from middle America fall for the FOX and Blaze line of cht.
Uh,read much? Incidentally, followers of IJR may recall this story from last fall about the unwanted ObamaCare surprise Kirsten received in her mailbox.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1079363 Feb 13, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>gov't run program so stupid people who piss away their lives and don't prepare for retirement aren't such a drag on those of us that do...
just one part of the world's largest socialized health care system ...right here in the good ol USA!
do try to keep up, dear...
Medicare is for people who worked their whole lives and paid into it.
Medicaid is a welfare program.

Do try to keep up, dear.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1079364 Feb 13, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the people you hate. Since you'll never amount to a hill of beans, your left with the bitter taste of futility in your mouth, among others.
oh dear... i've already made a mountain of beans..

and which was it? CC or vo-tech? seems to have struck a nerve, huh?

let me guess again...C+ average in highschool... topping out at thethe maybe 60th percentile on our SAT's

yeah, you were the kids we made fun of ..oh wait, we still do!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1079365 Feb 13, 2014
$17 Trillion in debt

and the....
NSF!!!
that's National Science Foundation....

Funded..

"A grant to produce songs about science including a rap called “Money 4 Drugz,” and a misleading song titled “Biogas is a Gas, Gas, Gas”

Colburn,T.(2011).'The Natl Science Foundation: Under the Microscope;. Retrieved 13 Feb 2014, from
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1079366 Feb 13, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine that's what Germans said in the 1930s and 1940s. Their leader had the media in his back pocket too.
Also what I imagine loyal North Koreans and the Chinese say too. They are also told what to believe and to deviate means being ostracized - or worse.
You should actually be thanking God - literally - for Fox. Otherwise, we would be no different than other people in other countries who hear only one media - controlled by those in power.
We're almost there now. Sure hope you figure it out soon.
Delusional much Carol? Fox and their various pundits are proven liars. Their lies about Benghazi were totally debunked by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence report. Their claim that the ACA will cost jobs has been shown to be totally baseless and your hero O'Reilly recently repeated the lie that Sandra Fluke wanted taxpayers to pay for her contraception. But what the heck Carol, they tell you what you want to hear and then you repeat it on this thread no matter how many times the actual facts are pointed out to you.
If you want to get into Germany in the late thirties again, let's recap and compare the Tea Party with the Nazi brown shirts;
Nazis were funded by wealthy German industrialists like the Krupp's and Theissens.
The Tea Party by the Koch Brothers.
The Nazis were anti union.
The Tea Party, anti union.
The Nazis were anti gay.
The Tea Party, anti gay.
The Nazis, anti Semitic against the Jews.
The Tea Party anti Semitic against Muslims.
It was ignorant bigots like you that put the Nazis into power Carol but you're just too stupid to figure it out.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1079367 Feb 13, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fun huh? Looks like it's slowed down momentarily, they are calling for 12-18 here, we'll see.
Homer advertising his size in competition with Dave???...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min Three Days 311,035
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 54 min NightSerf 254,981
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Trojan 32,250
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 9,555
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web