Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1479513 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078641 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be fair, we also warn you about the dangers of boffing 12 year old members of your own family and that doesn't seem to stop you either. Some people just cain't be teached.
The collective IQ of the United States went down about 10 points after reading what you just posted....

Please focus on your reading and eduction and stop smoking pot...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1078642 Feb 12, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush attorney general disappoints Hannity: Obama’s executive orders are legal
Former Bush Attorney General Michael Mukasey appeared on the Fox News Channel’s “Hannity” Wednesday night with a message that left the host looking rather disappointed.
Rebutting the Republican talk show host, Mukasey said that President Barack Obama’s executive orders so far have been legal, as much as he finds them distasteful. He even expressed agreement with the Supreme Court’s finding that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional, leaving Hannity looking perplexed.
Speaking about the president’s most significant executive actions thus far, Hannity exclaimed:“It seems me to be, by definition, abuse of power. A power grab if you will… Is it then unconstitutional in some instances?”
“I don’t think it’s unconstitutional in the sense that I don’t think it’s something you could get a court to find unconstitutional,” Mukasey replied.“We could have a debate about whether it’s consistent with the constitution or not, but there is a limited number of things that will get you into court to have that decided, and I don’t think any of the things you’ve enumerated are among them.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/bush-at...
<spam>

I was sure about this, but I reread my post just to make sure. I didn't ask you what some talking head politician said. I asked you to explain your position that some text in some legislation has a higher authority than the Constitution.

Now, let's try this again and see if you don't run away again:

Your argument reads:
"The Attorney General hereby is delegated the power to approve the use for intelligence purposes, within the United States or against a United States person abroad, of any technique for which a warrant would be required,” 12333 reads.
The Constitution says:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
So, if your argument is against what is written in the Constitution, which is right?
(Start your response with your answer to this question.)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1078643 Feb 12, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Affordable Care Act is a long term baby steps program with plenty of room for tweaking if and when necessary.. To design such an enormous, complex program otherwise would have been irresponsible.
didn't the nutjobs coin the term 'Obamacare'?

so it's like....get a hint. you want him to own, so he is.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1078644 Feb 12, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
insurance (i.e OBAMMIEKKARE,) and healthcare are not the same too....
take your blood pressure pill....
did i ever say they were?

take some education, pill...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078645 Feb 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy no insurance from the ACA. The ACA offers no policies.
The ACA does provide a framework where insurance companies can sell their policies called the exchanges.
truth is, ObamaKKKare offers nothing of value, just an anchor weighing down the economy.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078649 Feb 12, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
In the United States, some 5.8 million Americans can’t vote because they have a current or previous felony conviction — more than the individual populations of 31 U.S. states. That figure includes one in 13 African American adults. In Florida, Kentucky, and Virginia, one in five African Americans are barred by these felon disenfranchisement policies, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said Tuesday.
Citing these figures and many others, Holder called out state laws that block ex-felons from voting as a vestige of Reconstruction-era voter suppression, and called for for states to repeal every law that prohibits those who have completed their sentence from voting. Holder’s address Tuesday morning at a criminal justice reform symposium is the latest in his “Smart on Crime” initiative that has included scaled back prosecution of crimes with mandatory minimum sentences, less targeting of those complying with state marijuana laws, diversion out of prison and improvement of offender re-entry, and a move to cut short the sentences of some drug offenders.
He noted that these laws are part of a U.S. history of discriminatory voter suppression “too often based on exclusion, animus, and fear.” After Reconstruction, when Southern states were passing felon disenfranchisement measures just as slaves were being freed, 90 percent of the Southern prison population was black, Holder said.
In Florida — one of 11 states that continue to restrict voting rights even after a person has completed probation or other terms of a sentence — ten percent of the state’s population is disenfranchised by felony voting policies.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/02/11/3...
The Constitution states that a person's rights can be voided by due process of law. Being convicted of a felony is due process of law, moron. Each state can make its own determination on how to procede after that due process of law.
Got a problem with the Constitution?

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1078650 Feb 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
ObmaKKKare dictates the contents of all medical insurance policies, including those purchased off the exchanges......
and forcing up the cost of insurance by requiring unwanted and unnecessary coverage....
It only sets minimums.

To get rid of pe-existing conditions, you need a mandate

If you have a mandate for coverage, then you must define what is considered minimum coverage.

Galt keeps proving what an ass he is.

Most states have been doing this for years.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078651 Feb 12, 2014
Republican Kevin Faulconer defeats Obama stooge David Alvarez in race to replace Filthy Bob Finer as Mayor of San Diego.....

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-f...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1078652 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
I was sure about this, but I reread my post just to make sure. I didn't ask you what some talking head politician said. I asked you to explain your position that some text in some legislation has a higher authority than the Constitution.
Now, let's try this again and see if you don't run away again:
Your argument reads:
"The Attorney General hereby is delegated the power to approve the use for intelligence purposes, within the United States or against a United States person abroad, of any technique for which a warrant would be required,” 12333 reads.
The Constitution says:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
So, if your argument is against what is written in the Constitution, which is right?
(Start your response with your answer to this question.)
i already gave you the answer, yet as always, you continue to post lies after you know they are lies....
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1078654 Feb 12, 2014
After he heard about the children in Utah whose school lunches were thrown out because their parents were behind on payments, Kenny Thompson was worried about the elementary school kids he tutored and mentored in Houston, Texas. So he went in to check whether they were getting the proper nutrition.
“I’m like,‘Wow. I know that’s probably a situation at my school, and the school my son goes to, and the other schools I mentor at.’ So I came in and inquired about it,” Thompson told local station KSDK.
What he found disappointed him: Dozens of students were on “reduced” lunches, receiving cold peanut butter and jelly or cheese sandwiches instead of the full hot meals they used to receive, all because their parents had fallen behind on lunch payments that amounted to mere 40 cents a day.
So Thompson took action. He forked over $465 of his own money and zeroed out the balances on over 60 students’ accounts.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2014/02/07...
Nice!
When I was a little sprout, school lunches were about 20 cents and a little bottle of milk was 3 cents. We paid cash and those who forgot or lost their money would go on a list and could bring the money in later.

But but but__these days parents purchase lunches by the month and those with two or three kids have a good sized bill each month, maybe $80,$90 or more in some areas.

I only bought lunch on Fridays, macaroni and cheese with fish sticks. We all honored meatless Fridays and no one btched__what kid doesn't like macaroni and cheese with fish sticks?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078655 Feb 12, 2014
That damned ole 'gray' area....

Great Lakes Ice Cover....

NOAA

http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/glcfs.php...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1078656 Feb 12, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
racist g.arbage....
Apparently the clown is back. Lily will be so trilled.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078658 Feb 12, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You buy no insurance from the ACA. The ACA offers no policies.
The ACA does provide a framework where insurance companies can sell their policies called the exchanges.
Galt keeps proving he is really quite uninformed.
Call it ObamaKare, dupe. Didn't you hear Obama tell you he likes for you to call it ObamaKare?

ObamaKare. There's nothing affordable about it for anyone who works for a living.

ObamaKare allows insurance companies to cancel existing policies, then creates exchanges the insurance companies can join where the people with the cancelled policies are forced to buy virtually the same policy from these same companies at a much higher price price and much higher deductible.

What's so difficult to understand about that?

Let's talk about the certainty of the government bailing out those same insurance companies and taking control of all health care, and then "The Secretary will determine...." everything without any standard of specification to conform to.

ObamaKare Death Panel: "We're sorry, Mr. Smith. The Secretary has determined your life isn't funded for next year because some crackwhore needs an abortion."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1078659 Feb 12, 2014
After he heard about the children in Utah whose school lunches were thrown out because their parents were behind on payments, Kenny Thompson was worried about the elementary school kids he tutored and mentored in Houston, Texas. So he went in to check whether they were getting the proper nutrition.
“I’m like,‘Wow. I know that’s probably a situation at my school, and the school my son goes to, and the other schools I mentor at.’ So I came in and inquired about it,” Thompson told local station KSDK.
What he found disappointed him: Dozens of students were on “reduced” lunches, receiving cold peanut butter and jelly or cheese sandwiches instead of the full hot meals they used to receive, all because their parents had fallen behind on lunch payments that amounted to mere 40 cents a day.
So Thompson took action. He forked over $465 of his own money and zeroed out the balances on over 60 students’ accounts.
http://thinkprogress.org/education/2014/02/07...
Nice!
great way to teach children how to become welfare bums early in life.....

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1078660 Feb 12, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
In your rambling, you began blathering about executive orders. Keep track of your sockpuppets, moron.
You saw where ObamaKare is written so "The Secretary will determine...." everything, moron.
What is so difficult to understand about that?
Refer to my post with the specifics on how "the Secretary" is commanded to make all determinations at their political whim without any specification written into ObamaKare to dictate what requirements "the Secretary" must conform to.
Let's go over this again.
Congress, nor any law, has the authority to allow anyone to violate the Constitution. This is because the Constitution has higher authority than anything... ANYTHING... in the country. Period. End of statement. End of discussion.
Unless you are rebelling against the constitutional republic. Then, I guess we'll have to fight about that.
The thread was about your statements regarding the ACA.

Try to keep up.

My God to think my tax money is being wasted subsidizing a fool like you.

You said the ACA gave Sebelius the power to decide everything regarding the ACA.

That is not against the Constitution.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078661 Feb 12, 2014
new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
A map? I'm not looking for a map? I go there every year, what could you possibly tell me about it that I don't already know?
I missed your response to me living in Port Harcourt and Luanda.

The US government is being run like a village in the middle of Africa. What say you?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1078662 Feb 12, 2014
more from global warming central...

Lake Superior...

"The lake is 92 percent frozen, toppling a 20-year-old record of 91 percent set on Feb. 5, 1994. That statistic helped total Great Lakes ice cover soar, and we can expect to see more form in coming days"

http://www.mlive.com/weather/index.ssf/2014/0...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1078663 Feb 12, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and idiots confuse weather with climate!
Please elaborate and educate us, dupe.
What is the relationship of weather with climate?
(This should make the smoke pour out of your ears for a little while.)
Nostrils Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1078664 Feb 12, 2014
Hi there Liberaltarded Glow Bull Warming Democrats!

NEW ICE AGE?
Lake Superior nears rare freeze-over

WORLD'S LARGEST FRESHWATER LAKE is 87.1 percent iced over and meteorologists say the 31,700-square
-mile lake will likely soon be completely covered after this year's brutal winter.

Aren't facts fun?
Always Smile

Oswego, IL

#1078665 Feb 12, 2014
Just heard today from our corporate office in Peoria that Caterpillar is going to start laying off union workers due to uncertainty of obamacare. We'll be giving walking papers to union workers by March. Approx 75-100 per factory to start. Its going to be quite a smack in the face for the idiots who all "wanted change". Guess that's all they will be left with......change!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 28 min Into The Night 10,689
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Trojan 32,714
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr Susanm 313,195
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite 21 hr Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) 22 hr louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,892
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jan 15 Rosa_Winkel 258,461
More from around the web