Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404489 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077467 Feb 10, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'cannot do math' economy is on fire!

"Look for the Union Label"

"The Keystone Pipeline project is projected to create over 20,000 jobs for middleclass Americans to construct the pipeline and over 118,000 spin-off jobs to communities desperately in need. The United Association and Pipefitters Local 537 is very much in favor of this project and hope you contact your representatives in Washington D.C. to show your support."

http://www.pipefitters537.org/political-actio...

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1077468 Feb 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet none of these fantasies of yours actually happened...
you need to deal with the real world, not your dreams. then people might not laugh openly at you like i am doing now...
I disagree. If he dealt in reality his entire world would collapse around him. I say leave him alone.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1077469 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
Q: Is the destruction of mailboxes a federal offense?
A: Yes. U.S. Code Title 18, Section 1705. Whoever willfully or maliciously injures, tears down or destroys any letter box or other receptacle intended or used for ... Read More »
Source: wiki.answers.com
Q: What is the penalty of mail theft form a judge?
A: The penalty for stealing mail, or possession of stolen mail, carries a federal sentence of up to ....."five years per piece of mail." .......... "..........Violators can be fined up to $250,000 or imprisoned for up to three years for each act of vandalism."
See federal law 18 USC 1708 Theft or receipt of stolen
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_penalty... ...
"..........or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both."
Some rightwinger tossed an egg at mine, just grazed it, most of it hit a snow bank, does that count?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1077470 Feb 10, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not retired; but I am a self employed independent contractor. I will be 59 tomorrow! I can't imagine retiring completely unless it was absolutely necessary. I enjoy my business.
My point is that the comments that you make are the type that wealthy people on the right make that hold the poor and working poor in contempt. You are working for an hourly wage and that makes you part of the working poor category; there is nothing wrong with that, but why do you have contempt for others in the same boat as you? I just don't get it.
Well Happy Early Birthday Lily!!! I mean that. Seriously!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1077471 Feb 10, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar.
The President of Libya questioned 40 people. Not 50 Al Qaeda.
He also did not say Al Qaeda planned the attack.
Actually, I was quoting the first news reports about the President of Libya capturing Al Qaeda less than a week after Al Qaeda attacked the United States and killed the US ambassador. The first news of this, less than a week after the Al Qaeda attack in Benghazi, said 50 Al Qaeda terrorists were arrested and interrogated.
So, if we're conting decades (you do know what a decade is, don't you), round up to 50, moron. Like there's a significant difference between rounding down to 40 and rounding up to 50.

Yes, he said Al Qaeda planned the attack. He even said Al Qaeda planned the attack 6 months before the attack. That would be before the video Obama lied about even existed.
If you don't believe the President of Libya, read the interviews Al Qaeda gives to any western journalist they stumble upon. Fro some reason, every journalist in the world can find the Al Qaeda terrorists, but Obama can't.

Now, where were we....

The President of Libya arrested 50 Al Qaeda and interrogated them, and he says it was an Al Qaeda attack.
The Al Qaeda terrorists that planned and executed the attack told you it was an Al Qaeda attack.
What proof do you need?
By the way, your date for the President of Libya arresting and interrogating Al Qaeda terrorists is wrong. What you have is the date of the article describing how the President arrested the Al Qaeda terrorists, got the information from them, gave that information to Obama, waited for Obama to use the information, which Obama continued to lie about some spontaneous demonstration that never happened over some video that didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack, and finally some journalist decides to talk directly to the President of Libya, and then publishes the article 6 weeks (or so) after the President of Libya arrested the Al Qaeda terrorists and interrogated them.
If you pay attention to the news, you would have seen a reference to the President of Libya arresting 50 Al Qaeda less than a week after the Al Qaeda attack on the US in Benghazi.
You're an idiot.

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?

Would Obama be committing treason by training and arming Al Qaeda?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1077472 Feb 10, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>

Why is the black Al Qaeda flag flying over Fallujah today?
Because Bush surrendered to the Iraqi's. How stupid are you??

""The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: "Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq") was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.""

----------

Now, why did Bush surrender to Maliki and agree to remove all US Forces from Iraq??

Why did Reagan create Al Queda and fund Osama Bin Laden to fight against the Russians in Afganistan in the 1980's??

Al Queda would not exist if Reagan had not created it. He was too stupid to see they would turn on us once they defeated the Soviets.

Stay ignorant, you do it well.

----------

your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1077473 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
There were numerous offers from other zoos and private rescue centers to take that young giraffe and save it. But the humane people of that Copenhagen zoo thought it best to kill, skin it and feed its remnants to the lions to please a crowd.
But you just don't get it.
My wife gives me that sob story every time there is a show on showing a polar bear eating a seal. The polar bear has to eat too, also we would be overrun with seals and we already have Fox News viewers to deal with. Granted some seal are smarter.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1077474 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> There is a theory out the that madcow disease is causing Alzheimers in older people. The meat is fine.
Mad Cow And Alzheimer's Have Surprising Link
by JON HAMILTON
February 25, 2009 5:00 AM

Scientists have discovered a surprising link between Alzheimer's disease and mad cow disease. It turns out both diseases involve something called a prion protein.

The finding, which appears in the journal Nature, could explain one of the great mysteries in Alzheimer's disease: How components of the plaques that form in patient's brains are able to damage brain cells. It also could point the way to new treatments for the disease.

"It's very exciting," says Lennart Mucke, director of the Gladstone Institute of Neurological Disease and a professor of neurology and neuroscience at the University of California, San Francisco. "The study shines the light on a very unexpected component."

Mucke was not involved in the study, but wrote an article that accompanied it in Nature.

In mad cow disease, and a similar human condition called new variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease, prion proteins fold into an abnormal shape that appears to cause degeneration of the brain and spinal cord. Prion diseases can be transmitted by eating the brain or spinal cord of a sick animal.

In Alzheimer's, prion proteins appear to play a different role, says Stephen Strittmatter, one of the new study's authors and the Vincent Coates Professor of Neurology at Yale University School of Medicine.

Strittmatter says there's no evidence the prion proteins fold into an abnormal shape or actually cause Alzheimer's. Instead, they seem to interact with early stage plaques in the brain in a way that allows those plaques to damage brain cells.

Strittmatter's team made the discovery after looking at hundreds of thousands of molecules that occur naturally in the brain. The prion protein turned out to be the best at interacting with a protein called amyloid-beta, which is what forms the plaques in Alzheimer's

"At first they said,'No that can't be,'" Strittmatter says. "It's too bizarre that these two diseases would share this common protein."

But he says it seemed less strange when they considered that both diseases affect brain cells and cause dementia.

"Once you start thinking about the details," Strittmatter says, "there are so many shared similarities that it actually begins to make a lot of sense."

After showing that the amyloid-beta from plaque could interact with prion protein, the researchers needed to demonstrate that the combination could harm brain cells.

So the Yale team exposed mouse brain tissue to small clusters of amyloid-beta.

In tissue from normal mice, which contains non-infectious prion proteins, the amyloid interfered with brain cells' ability to communicate.

Then, the team took a slice of tissue from a special mouse whose brain contained no prion protein.

"That slice no longer responded," Strittmatter says. "It carried out completely normal functions."

No prion protein, no problem.

It's still unclear exactly how prion proteins allow amyloid beta to affect brain cells. And the study certainly doesn't suggest that prion proteins cause Alzheimer's.

But Mucke says if prion proteins work the same way in people as in mice, the new research could lead to a drug that would prevent Alzheimer's by keeping prion proteins from interacting with amyloid-beta.

Mucke says finding such a drug could happen relatively quickly because scientists already have spent so many years studying mad cow disease.

"We know a great deal about the biochemistry and biology of prion protein," he says, "which should really facilitate the development of drugs."
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1077475 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>
You can't seriously believe that almost 9 million pounds of meat would be recalled without a reason. You're being absurd.
Would I be correct in assuming that you don't think that government regulation is necessary?
What if thousands of people starting exhibiting the signs of madcow disease?
What would you say to that?
Tough luck?
"What is thousands of people starting exhibiting the signs of madcow disease?" That would be the MSNBC's Rachel Madcow audience, and they already have done this when they voted for Barack Hussein Obama, recipient of "Lie of the Year", and more to come.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1077476 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's people like me who will get sucked dry by this administration and Obamacare.
It's no wonder you don't get it. It's the elite liberals such as yourself who never do.
How are they sucking you, a poor working person, dry? Please be specific, well not TOO specific.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1077477 Feb 10, 2014
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/double...

L
ate last week, Tim Armstrong, the chief executive officer of AOL, landed himself in a media firestorm when he held a town hall with employees to explain why he was paring their retirement benefits. After initially blaming Obamacare for driving up the company’s health care costs, he pointed the finger at an unlikely target: babies.

Specifically, my baby.

“Two things that happened in 2012,” Armstrong said.“We had two AOL-ers that had distressed babies that were born that we paid a million dollars each to make sure those babies were OK in general. And those are the things that add up into our benefits cost. So when we had the final decision about what benefits to cut because of the increased healthcare costs, we made the decision, and I made the decision, to basically change the 401(k) plan.”
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1077478 Feb 10, 2014
Danger....stop wind mills from killing humans...
105 humans have been killed by wind turbines...
http://www.caithnesswindfarms.co.uk/AccidentS...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1077479 Feb 10, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipefitters union...
"John Telford, director of Canadian affairs at the union, says approval of the $5.3-billion project will be a catalyst for many economic benefits in both the United States and Canada."
Now how many jobs will $5.3 billion support?
http://insideclimatenews.org/todaysnews/20130...
Debunked poopsie__go find a real life..

Location hidden

#1077480 Feb 10, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
"The 9-11 attacks were all Bush's fault."" ????
The who do you blame for the 1993 Trade Towers bombing attack when Clinton was president? Was that Bush's fault too, insane person?
Yes. IUt was Bush I's fault.

The 1993 attack on the WTC was in Feb 1993.

Clinton had been in off ice for 1 month.

Clearly, all the planning was done well before Clinton took office.

Funny how you asshats blame Clinton for both Bush's failures to protect our nation.

But then, you're just another brain dead Waxman sockpuppet.

Waxman's motto:

"One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor."

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1077481 Feb 10, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet none of these fantasies of yours actually happened...
you need to deal with the real world, not your dreams. then people might not laugh openly at you like i am doing now...
Ok, answer the question any way you like. Tell us what you would do.

It's 9/12(2001). You're the President. What do you do?
Do you:
1) Surrender to the Suni Wahhabist Islamist jihad? Or;
2) Do the Bill Clinton thing and lob a few cruise missiles into their general direction? Or;
3) Do the exact same thing in the exact same place against the exact same enemy as the Soviets, and you enough of an idiot to expect a different outcome? Or;
4) You do something different that gives you a better chance to crush the Suni Wahhabist Islamist jihad than repeating the obvious Soviet mistake?

If your answer is 4) Do something different so you can kickthehell out of the Islamist jihad, what do you do?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1077482 Feb 10, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree. If he dealt in reality his entire world would collapse around him. I say leave him alone.
and what would be wrong with that? then reality might seep in.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1077483 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>
No I am not retired; but I am a self employed independent contractor. I will be 59 tomorrow! I can't imagine retiring completely unless it was absolutely necessary. I enjoy my business.
My point is that the comments that you make are the type that wealthy people on the right make that hold the poor and working poor in contempt. You are working for an hourly wage and that makes you part of the working poor category; there is nothing wrong with that, but why do you have contempt for others in the same boat as you? I just don't get it.
lily is a self-employed independent contractor contracting alcoholism; working at it 24/7. The faux husband? Obviously never around, and if he actually exists, who can blame him?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1077484 Feb 10, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's people like me who will get sucked dry by this administration and Obamacare.
It's no wonder you don't get it. It's the elite liberals such as yourself who never do.
You keep saying statements like this; but dont' go on to substantiate how?

How will people like you, making $15.00 an hour parttime get sucked dry? I'd venture to say that everything that you pay in income taxes is returned to you, correct?

You are insured under your husbands policy so you don't have to go shopping for health insurance.

Now; if you were single and not yet eligible for Medicaire; then, you would probably be screwed in Florida; but that's not because of Obamacare. It's because the republican Governor did not accept the Medicaid expansion thereby leaving a million Floridians to fall in between the cracks.

Did your daughter not go to school on liberal programs such as Bright Futures and City Year?

I fail to see how you are affected in any way at all.

Location hidden

#1077485 Feb 10, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> You know most of that meat has already been consumed. I didn't hear of anybody getting sick did you? The only reason they are recalling it is because GOVERNMENT didn't put their stamp on it, period!!!!
You're such an idiot.

"" A Northern California company is recalling more than 8.7 million pounds of beef products because it processed diseased and unhealthy animals""

Funny how you don't care if people are iinjured and killed by Corporations.

Ask your fellow WVA folks about why they still won't drink the water that Freedom Industries poisoned.

It is clear that most WVA citizens are far smarter than a moron like you, Flake.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1077486 Feb 10, 2014
<quoted text>
Hi Dummy,
There is no meat in Boca Burgers.
Hi Drunky,
I agree; even the meat won't go near you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min Thinking 256,003
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IB DaMann 9,991
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon Brian_G 311,489
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web