Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404119 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lnc

United States

#1075232 Feb 6, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being facetious ..........
Political Sock Puppet
Used to describe a person who has no original thoughts, opinions, or ideas of his/her own. Instead they regurgitate the "party-line" or talking points of others; usually of their particular political party.

Sock puppets can be seen on FauxNews and on Talk Radio. The GOP will put out its talking points and you can pick out the sock puppets because they will repeat the talking points; usually words for word.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1075233 Feb 6, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so funny.
so how has Obamacare created a job crisis? the CBO says it will create jobs.
carol, you can't see what isn't there no matter how hard you try.
btw....gradual increase? to the $22 an hour that it should be?
If you have to ask how Obamacare created this job crisis in light of employers cutting back employees' hours to part-time en masse right after this law was passed to avoid the hidden and unknown costs associated with it and the drying up of jobs because employers refused to hire any more workers for the same reason and the very recent CBO report announcing that over 2 million more people are willingly going to leave the full-time workforce just to afford this damn health care law - you don't know much of anything else. Sorry to say.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1075234 Feb 6, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims do not speak of G-d as their heavenly father--nor do they think G-d had a son---a different sect? they are a different Government under the guise of religion-which is against the Constitution of the United States.
BINGO!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1075235 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, on purpose. My choice.
sure pal, sure..

now i was actually successful in the real world and semi-retired to a position of lesser earnings and downsized life.

were you ever successful in the real world? you are clearly not smart enough to have ever been. so basically, you ran away..like you always do.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1075236 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Dear dumbass!!! Sometimes I listen to music on the computer. The ads interfere with this. Numbnuts!!!!!!!
DumbDave was trying to help. He doesn't know he is clueless.

I'm not sure what browser version you used, but...

All you need to do is disable the Shockwave Flash Player Object.

In Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on Tools|Manage Add-Ins

In Firefox, click on Tools|Add-ons

The catch is you will need to enable it each time you want to watch a Flash video.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1075237 Feb 6, 2014
IP: The return of the supply side. "The fact that Obamacare has negative supply-side effects is not a new discovery. In 2010, though, the CBO reckoned these effects would be only half as big, and mostly from the expansion of Medicaid. Now, most of the effect comes from subsidies on the health-care exchanges, which shrink and then disappear as income rises. This creates a very high implicit marginal tax rate, and thus a disincentive to work...What is puzzling, however, is to hear the administration and Obamacare’s defenders say it’s a good thing that Obamacare means fewer people will be working. Of course, by reducing the price of leisure, Obamacare encourages some people to consume more of it, so they must be better off. What is harder to understand is why subsidising leisure should be a goal of public policy." Greg Ip in The Economist.

St. Croix valley

#1075239 Feb 6, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but there is research going on at present that is aiming at utilizing the omnipresent electrical potential of the earth itself that is being met with varying degrees of success. This research is proceeding at a slow rate and the reason why is that it would be difficult to capitalize on the results because the process itself is incredibly simple and for the most part a highly coveted secret......Hint: It has everything to do with capacitance, insulators and area.
wow! that was total and complete ignorant bullshit!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1075240 Feb 6, 2014
HOUSE SPEAKER JOHN BOEHNER is hitting the brakes on immigration legislation, saying:'There's widespread doubt about whether this administration can be trusted to enforce our laws and it's going to be difficult to move any immigration legislation until that changes.'

Good! It's about time the Republicans learn you can't trust a liar like Obama who doesn't enforce laws he doesn't agree with.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1075241 Feb 6, 2014
It's snowing in Dallas, libtards.

Where is your Glow Bull Warming?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1075242 Feb 6, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine that's what Germans said in the 1930s and 1940s. Their leader had the media in his back pocket too.
Also what I imagine loyal North Koreans and the Chinese say too. They are also told what to believe and to deviate means being ostracized - or worse.
You should actually be thanking God - literally - for Fox. Otherwise, we would be no different than other people in other countries who hear only one media - controlled by those in power.
We're almost there now. Sure hope you figure it out soon.
Freaking hilarious babe!

St. Croix valley

#1075243 Feb 6, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ideal situation would be the private sector setting the minimum wage and competition for employees determining that amount.
Those paying the higher wages gets the most promising employees forcing other employers to compete for them.
This would have also happened if insurance companies would have competed to insure the entire population if Democrats had opened up state lines.
But we've moved too far away from the ideal and can only hope we will return one day. Until then, we have to rely on those in the federal government who still have some common sense and at least will try to prevent even more damage.
but Fox is always wrong...time after time after time.

they even openly admitted on the air that they were there as a republican election machine...

and then, of course, you have proven that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about on any subject, so your endorsement would actually be a good reason to NOT watch Fox...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1075245 Feb 6, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being facetious when I called him a conservative muslim atheist but it points to the sad fact that many people don't know what they truly believe in but simply climb aboard bandwagons to satisfy their restless leg syndrome, I suppose. Or to get a free ride.
The Little Insect has a deep-seated need to see himself in print but has no clue as to his motivation for it. A loose canon would describe him well.
IMO, he fits your description and I see his "color".

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1075246 Feb 6, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
DumbDave was trying to help. He doesn't know he is clueless.
I'm not sure what browser version you used, but...
All you need to do is disable the Shockwave Flash Player Object.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer, click on Tools|Manage Add-Ins
In Firefox, click on Tools|Add-ons
The catch is you will need to enable it each time you want to watch a Flash video.
Thanks but I just moved over to the US Politics forum. They still have the old number deal.

St. Croix valley

#1075247 Feb 6, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims do not speak of G-d as their heavenly father--nor do they think G-d had a son---a different sect? they are a different Government under the guise of religion-which is against the Constitution of the United States.
yes, in fact they do...

feltch...you know you can't match me on any subject. this is why you avoid even attempting to do so...you know your place and should stay there.

religion i s no different. i know ten times more about this subject than you could even imagine and you will fail as surely as you have on every other subject you have tried to 'discuss' with me..

run along now, little boy...you are in far, far far over your head. and you know it...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1075248 Feb 6, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The ideal situation would be the private sector setting the minimum wage and competition for employees determining that amount.
Those paying the higher wages gets the most promising employees forcing other employers to compete for them.
This would have also happened if insurance companies would have competed to insure the entire population if Democrats had opened up state lines.
But we've moved too far away from the ideal and can only hope we will return one day. Until then, we have to rely on those in the federal government who still have some common sense and at least will try to prevent even more damage.
Am I detecting the effect's of some very high grade sensimilla in your posts today doll?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1075249 Feb 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> sure pal, sure..
now i was actually successful in the real world and semi-retired to a position of lesser earnings and downsized life.
were you ever successful in the real world? you are clearly not smart enough to have ever been. so basically, you ran away..like you always do.
Say what you will but I helped build this media you now employ.

St. Croix valley

#1075250 Feb 6, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
It's snowing in Dallas, libtards.
Where is your Glow Bull Warming?
you are stupid enough to confuse weather with climate, aren't you?

you probably don't even know it's winter...or that we are closer tot he sun in our ewinter than in summer...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1075251 Feb 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Question.
If you are an employer and you have an PT employee that quits because they no longer need to work that job because their health insurance costs are less.
Assuming this employee provided needed labor, what would you do??
You would replace them, right?
So in 2024 when there would be all these people working less by choice, How many would be replaced?
So when theCBO says so many people would decide to work less, wouldn't most of them be replaced???
lol! Why are you trying to make a logical and reasonable point?

Reich wingers aren't interested in such honesty!!!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2016 and beyond

#1075252 Feb 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! that was total and complete ignorant bullshit!
It's too bad you disregard the obvious. Are you this dumb?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1075253 Feb 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be the most ignorant person here.
Show us the text in the New Testament that defines what Christians believe commanding the faithful to kill anyone.
You're an idiot.
Now, back to the post you are running away from, but felt compelled to post the most ignorant bullshit you've ever posted here, please comment on the statement (without attempting to divert the discussion away from the facts):
Taqiyya Doctrine
It is not only moral to lie to the infidels, it is an obligation to Islam.
According to Obama's religion, he is required to lie to us.
lol! It's in the Old Testament son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr thetruth 255,967
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Brian_G 311,489
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 hr litesong 9,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 17 hr NotInPotatoQuality 201,878
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jul 23 Trojan 32,307
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web