Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508839 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1075508 Feb 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which are wholly based on the myth that jesus was the son of the god of the old testament. no OT god, no jesus, no christianity....
you really do not know enough about this cult to talk about it..we have proven that over and over...
Damn.

One more time, moron. It's all abou tthe principles. "I knew you not" is what you'd hear from Jesus if you believed in God but didn't practice the principles of the New Testament, moron.

Just how stupid are you?

Let me explain one more time. You have been indoctrinated probably beyond recovery by that religious cult you belong to, but I'll just give it one more try.

If Jesus lived in Bora Bora, and lived his life in the same way as described in the New Testament, then the people of Bora Bora wrote a New Testament defining a new system of principles according to the life Jesus led on Bora Bora, then what we know as Christianity would have emerged from the Bora Bora bible and not the Hebrew bible, you moron.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1075509 Feb 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
man-made global warming is a myth.....
According to who moron? You? The overwhelming majority of climate scientists, those who aren't on the Koch brother's payroll agree that global warming is attributed to increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and that its source is burning fossil fuels. Here's one guy, Richard Muller, who actually was on the Koch payroll;
“Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.”
You're an idiot Galt!
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1075510 Feb 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
ANNAPOLIS, Md.— A transgender candidate has announced she will run against an openly gay state senator in Montgomery County in the Democratic primary.
Dana Beyer, who is the executive director of Gender Rights Maryland, made the announcement Thursday.
Beyer says Maryland residents have waited too long for economic fairness and equal opportunity.
Beyer is running against Sen. Richard Madaleno, who has been in the state Senate since 2007. He served in the House of Delegates from 2003 to 2007. Madaleno has been an advocate for gay and transgender rights in Maryland. He is sponsoring a bill this session to ban discrimination against transgender residents.
Beyer ran unsuccessfully for delegate in 2006 and 2010.
So what?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1075511 Feb 6, 2014
flack wrote:
Yep! It is dem. He is getting his butt kicked on the 'President has failed us' thread also. LMAO!!!!
He/she has been reduced to talking to him/ herself, I perceive. They are sooooooooo easy. LMAO!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1075512 Feb 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you are saying that a christian does not have to accept jesus as the son of god? really? have you run this by any clergy in a christian church?
give it a shot and let me know how that works out for you....
Gaaawwwddd dammmmm.....

Read carefully. I never said I am a Christian. I never said I accepted the principle of deity of Jesus.

I've met stupid people before. You are one of the stupidest I've ever met.

On the average, how many times do you have to read the same thing before you understand it?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1075513 Feb 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It's technically not son. It's more of a pseudo system.
It is for those willing to embrace it. Many do too.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1075516 Feb 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Muslim DO believe in the virgin birth. That makes them closer to Christianity than the Jews.
http://islam.about.com/cs/jesus/f/jesus_birth...
my mistake...sorry. i kinda tacked that on with the divinity thing... mea culpa.

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Trump 2017 and beyond

#1075518 Feb 6, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
to the contrary, conservatives want the news media to stop censoring the news.....
Agree.

St. Croix valley

#1075519 Feb 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn.
One more time, moron. It's all abou tthe principles. "I knew you not" is what you'd hear from Jesus if you believed in God but didn't practice the principles of the New Testament, moron.
Just how stupid are you?
Let me explain one more time. You have been indoctrinated probably beyond recovery by that religious cult you belong to, but I'll just give it one more try.
If Jesus lived in Bora Bora, and lived his life in the same way as described in the New Testament, then the people of Bora Bora wrote a New Testament defining a new system of principles according to the life Jesus led on Bora Bora, then what we know as Christianity would have emerged from the Bora Bora bible and not the Hebrew bible, you moron.
so you can be a christian and not believe jesus is the son of god. specifically the god of the bible., the old testament...?

all you have to do is answer this question honestly and we are done here...

St. Croix valley

#1075522 Feb 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I normally don't even read your references... because I usually find something like this you seem to think is proof of something:
"Others were simply Muslims who were upset that their prophet had apparently been maligned in the US. Several Christians joined the crowd to protest the insults to Muhammad."
When has Muhammed not been maligned in the US? I can turn on any one of a dozen Christian networks coming through my cable, and I can find righ tnow as we speak someone maligning Muhammed to the entire country.
I noticed there wasn't anyone at the scene reporting this, too.
CNN knew there would be PLANNED demonstrations and had a full crew and interviews scheduled.
CNN had been recording demonstrations for two days.
CNN recorded the PLANNED main speaker of the PLANNED demonstrations, being the brother of the blind sheik.
The PLANNED main speaker said the demonstrations were PLANNED to put pressure on the United States to releas the blind sheik from prison.
CNN interviewed another dozen demonstrators.
In every interview, CNN video taped the demonstrators telling you the demonstrations were PLANNED to put pressure on the United States to release the blind sheik from prison.
Nobody CNN interviewed, either in their studio there or on the street, said anything other than the demonstrations were PLANNED to put pressure on the US to release the blind sheik.
So, just why don't you believe what the demonstrators themselves tell you?
holy shit! i show you proof of protester in cairo on 9-11 over he video and you jsut deny the proof in front of you...

amazing!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1075524 Feb 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said they were not increased. I said if the minimum wage increased 10% that cost of goods do not go up 10%.
There are other things that make up the total cost other than labor.
"real dumb"
Quit lying. Your exact quote;
"Raw materials, facility costs, utilities, management costs, sales and marketing costs, insurance are not affected by labor rates."
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075525 Feb 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Galt__you're turning sour here__no longer a valuable contributor to the vibrant discussions on this__the #1 discussion thread (by count) in the history of Al Gore's internet.
hey, Jerry, nobody forced you to brag about your fascination with showing little boys how to shower....

so, if you want to beat up on defenseless women, be prepared for the consequences.....

St. Croix valley

#1075526 Feb 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaaawwwddd dammmmm.....
Read carefully. I never said I am a Christian. I never said I accepted the principle of deity of Jesus.
I've met stupid people before. You are one of the stupidest I've ever met.
On the average, how many times do you have to read the same thing before you understand it?
you are obviously not smart enough to know if you are or not...that doesn't matter and is irrelevant.

to be a christian. one has to accept that jesus was the son of the god in the old testament. this is fact you cannot dispute.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1075527 Feb 6, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act did not cause the current crisis. It was the failure of regulation, not deregulation.
http://www.cato.org/policy-report/julyaugust-...
The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act had little if anything to do with the current crisis. Economists on both sides of the political spectrum suggested that it probably made the crisis less severe than it might otherwise have been.
There’s plenty of blame to go around and "layered irresponsibility.
&#9726;The Federal Reserve slashed interest rates after the dot-com bubble burst making credit cheap.
&#9726;Home buyers took advantage of easy credit to bid up the prices of homes excessively.
&#9726;Congress continued to support a mortgage tax deduction that gave consumers a tax incentive to buy more expensive houses.
&#9726;Real estate agents earned higher commissions from selling more expensive homes.
&#9726;The Clinton administration pushed for less stringent credit and downpayment requirements for working- and middle-class families.
&#9726;Mortgage brokers offered less-credit-worthy home buyers subprime, adjustable rate loans with low initial payments but exploding interest rates.
&#9726;Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan in 2004 encouraged Americans to take out adjustable rate mortgages.
&#9726;Wall Street firms paid little attention to the quality of the risky loans that they bundled into Mortgage Backed Securities and issued bonds using those securities as collateral.
&#9726;The Bush administration failed to provide needed government oversight of the increasingly dicey mortgage-backed securities market.
&#9726;An obscure accounting rule called mark-to-market can have the paradoxical result of making assets be worth less on paper than they are in reality during times of panic.
&#9726;Collective delusion or a belief on the part of all parties that home prices would keep rising forever no matter how high or how fast they had already gone up.
The U.S. economy is enormously complicated. Screwing it up takes a great deal of cooperation. Claiming that a single piece of legislation was responsible for (or could have averted) the crisis is just political grandstanding.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/10/who-caused-t...
Well Carol, you were the one that accused Clinton of deregulating the financial industry, not me. So as usual when you're called on this you reverse course. But the fact remains that the GOP refused to regulate the market in mortgage backed securities.

Since: May 11

Carlisle, PA

#1075528 Feb 6, 2014
Boehner - no immigration bill in House this year.

Yep, Republicans keep alienating people to soothe their feeble minded base.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075529 Feb 6, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
According to who moron? You? The overwhelming majority of climate scientists, those who aren't on the Koch brother's payroll agree that global warming is attributed to increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and that its source is burning fossil fuels. Here's one guy, Richard Muller, who actually was on the Koch payroll;
“Three years ago I identified problems in previous climate studies that, in my mind, threw doubt on the very existence of global warming. Last year, following an intensive research effort involving a dozen scientists, I concluded that global warming was real and that the prior estimates of the rate of warming were correct. I’m now going a step further: Humans are almost entirely the cause.”
You're an idiot Galt!
and yet they have no proof of man-made global warming, just opinions and unproven theories......

and your worthless kid is a parasite feeding off the taxpayers (if you insist on getting personal)....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1075530 Feb 6, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
why do you have the annoying habit of responding to posts from weeks ago???...

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Birmingham, AL

#1075531 Feb 6, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. It was interesting to see how a normal conservative works.
A fine example.
I hope all your candidates use that interview regardless of what office they're campaigning for to show your true nature.
You mean to actually use investigative reporting and holding those elected officials accountable?
Sure. How about you liberal journalists doing the same?

St. Croix valley

#1075532 Feb 6, 2014
RealDave wrote:
Boehner - no immigration bill in House this year.
Yep, Republicans keep alienating people to soothe their feeble minded base.
yes, he said it was matter of trust. the guy who shook hands on a budget deal and then at the last minute betrayed his own word is talking about a lack of trust...

that is pretty rich....
new yawk

East Amherst, NY

#1075533 Feb 6, 2014
Interesting conversation. Faith is a matter of The Heart and Spirit. And The Mind.

Though Science can neither prove nor disprove God exists, it is interesting that they are researching, looking for what is known as "The God Particle" in The Universe.

Many studies have been conducted ( CT Scans for one ) that show when a person is in prayer, a certain part of the brain is very active, the "third eye" The Pineal Gland ( a small endocrine gland ) which is located deep within the brain, in the center of the right and left hemisphere of the brain. While other parts of the brain become inactive.

I don't think faith is a simple concept.
I think it's very complex.
The Spiritual, if you've ever experienced it ( in whatever way, meditation etc. et al.) is real.
Once you have experienced The Spiritual Realm, you'll know it's very real.
Faith ( in whatever/whomever ) is then Seen.

PS Atheism is also a Religion/Faith. It has a set of belief systems.
It asserts with absolute certainty that there is no God.
That's "faith", a belief - Derived from or Arrived at by a set of beliefs, A System.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which are wholly based on the myth that jesus was the son of the god of the old testament. no OT god, no jesus, no christianity....
you really do not know enough about this cult to talk about it..we have proven that over and over...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min silly rabbit 313,658
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... 11 hr BuzzerPhartss 2
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri AllPhartx 32,818
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web