Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1236322 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1073066 Feb 2, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Also comforting to know that in Texas the Lt. Governor wields more power than the Governor.
DailyKos?

You're a stranger to reality also relying on left wing sources to feed your delusions, and to post your moronic propaganda, idiot.
Lcn

United States

#1073067 Feb 2, 2014
Feb Score

Carol 5

nobama-Galt 0
Lcn

United States

#1073068 Feb 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a good judge of character. Obama was the wrong man to lead this country. Your own Democrats are beginning to see through the shallow politics. Why can't you?
Feb Score

Lilly 10

Carol 0
Lcn

United States

#1073069 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
why are taxpayers subsidizing insurance for people earning $94,200 per year???...
February Score

Lilly 18

nobama-Galt 000
Lcn

United States

#1073070 Feb 2, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
DailyKos?
You're a stranger to reality also relying on left wing sources to feed your delusions, and to post your moronic propaganda, idiot.
Feb Score

Realtime 8

Wax trolls inclusive 0000
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1073071 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
Feb Score
Carol 5
nobama-Galt 0
Lifetime score

Lcn = 0

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1073072 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
In a major shift, US President Barack Obama has signalled a potential compromise on the contentious issue of immigration reform that could provide a path to citizenship to 11 million people, including some 2,40,000 Indians, already in America illegally.
Obama suggested in a pair of interviews that the ideological gap is narrowing between the Democrats and Republicans on the issue of overhaul of immigration laws, signaling that he is open to a middle-ground agreement with Republicans to achieve a far-reaching deal this year.
Obama said for the first time that he might accept a deal that would offer the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US legal status instead of full citizenship.
House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders had floated just such a proposal last Thursday.
Until now, Obama and other Democrats insisted that any compromise on immigration reform contain a path to full citizenship.
Anything short of that, they said, would create a two- tiered class system.
does Obama think that having 11 million people living in a shadow society that is tacitly condoned by our gov't not a two-tired class system?

St. Croix valley

#1073073 Feb 2, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually YOU mentioned the word "colonies". I put up a link that said the colonies kept their religions well into statehood and the formation of the country and then you started with these stupid straw men because you knew I proved you dead wrong right from the start.
You were lied to in history class about the nation as a whole like I was, get over it and learn the real history of this country.
no dear, now you are attempting to argue against the printed record on these pages...

you brought up the colonies. i know our nation was founded with the ratification of the constitution and its first ten amendments.

St. Croix valley

#1073074 Feb 2, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>evidently the American people are ignorant-otherwise they wouldn't be killing themselves with Tylenol--geez I didn't know it was going to be so easy for O'bamacare--Americans are the most medicated people in the world, they don't know that either-O'bamacare is going to help them. Like you I can hardly wait until they cut them off. It has happened in every country with socialized medicine like O'bamacare.
yes, the average american does seem to be fairly ignorant like you...

what has been cut off from those in countries with socialized medicine? you seem too ignorant to even construct a proper sentence to get your ideas across...

(do you realize the US has had the world's largest socialized health care program on the planet for decades now?)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1073075 Feb 2, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
DailyKos?
so how's the economy doing?

how's Obamacare doing?

what's the latest on Benghazi?

i know you can tell us the truth without going all right wing myth on us.

St. Croix valley

#1073076 Feb 2, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not overriding the constitution when the 1st amendment was only meant to keep the federal government secular so the country didn't break up on religious grounds.
Official state religions did nothing to help or hurt the country so the 1st Congress made a deal with them to leave them alone.
please elaborate on this deal? who made it? where did you hear about it? where is it written down?

it's fun to make shit up when you are losing (have lost..)an argument!!

the US has been a secular nation since day one.
Lcn

United States

#1073077 Feb 2, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>does Obama think that having 11 million people living in a shadow society that is tacitly condoned by our gov't not a two-tired class system?
Difficult to determine.
County is basically conservative and Republican House recently shut down the government.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1073078 Feb 2, 2014
Can we stop talking about the Seattle defense already.
"Seattle's defense sits atop the mediocrity that are NFL defenses nowadays" - Homer
"They aint no 85 Bears" - Homer
"Or 86 Giants" - Homer

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1073079 Feb 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
many Conservatives are not particularly religious are particularly disturbed by "born-again" fundamentalist Christian doctrine that conflicts with their view of Christianity.....besides, where are "Christian" voters going to go...to the DemoKKKrats???...
As I've said before, I'm a heathen. Not at all religious. But I realize millions of people are. I respect their beliefs and sympathize with their concerns. Any conservative candidate that dismisses them or openly criticizes them, is committing political suicide. It's a large segment of the population that can't be ignored, especially out of political correctness.

St. Croix valley

#1073080 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
Difficult to determine.
County is basically conservative and Republican House recently shut down the government.
not really sure what your response has to do with that post of mine a all...

St. Croix valley

#1073081 Feb 2, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said before, I'm a heathen. Not at all religious. But I realize millions of people are. I respect their beliefs and sympathize with their concerns. Any conservative candidate that dismisses them or openly criticizes them, is committing political suicide. It's a large segment of the population that can't be ignored, especially out of political correctness.
so you think we should be politically correct to people who believe in proven false myths?

why?

you are starting to sound like quite the progressive! tell me your WWII story about how the great socialization of the US saved us in the war....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1073082 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
In a major shift, US President Barack Obama has signalled a potential compromise on the contentious issue of immigration reform that could provide a path to citizenship to 11 million people, including some 2,40,000 Indians, already in America illegally.
Obama suggested in a pair of interviews that the ideological gap is narrowing between the Democrats and Republicans on the issue of overhaul of immigration laws, signaling that he is open to a middle-ground agreement with Republicans to achieve a far-reaching deal this year.
Obama said for the first time that he might accept a deal that would offer the 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US legal status instead of full citizenship.
House Speaker John Boehner and other Republican leaders had floated just such a proposal last Thursday.
Until now, Obama and other Democrats insisted that any compromise on immigration reform contain a path to full citizenship.
Anything short of that, they said, would create a two- tiered class system.
It's already a two- tiered class system: Legal American Citizens and Illegal Mexican Moochers.

I have class, they don't.

How's Robert Parker doing there, eh, Mr. Clueless?

Lapeer, MI

#1073083 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
Feb Score
Lilly 10
Carol 0
Is this another one of them there Black Game Shows?

Hardee-Har-Har.....

Lapeer, MI

#1073084 Feb 2, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
February Score
Lilly 18
nobama-Galt 000
lily scores a lot.

It pays for her vodka.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1073085 Feb 2, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Tax dollars are typically spent in the economy. Try to keep up.
When you consider paying taxes as the government stealing from you, then you should pack up & leave the country since you don;t want to support it.
When you allow the government to decide how best to spend YOUR money, you've surrendered. With O-care, they have effectively taken control of every aspect of your life. Maybe you're willing to trade self-determination for a monthly stipend and third-rate health care, but I'm not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min New Age Spiritual... 239,935
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 48 min ritedownthemiddle 5,747
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr sassyjm 310,002
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr stewart scott 29,781
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web