Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745677 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073646 Feb 3, 2014
flack wrote:
The Obama administration warned on Monday it could start defaulting on the government's obligations "very soon" after hitting a limit on the national debt later this month.
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said the federal government should hit the ceiling by the end of February unless Washington raises the nation's limit on public borrowing.
The federal government would then burn through its remaining cash more quickly that it would at other times of the year because the Treasury will be issuing tax refund checks, Lew said.
"Without borrowing authority, at some point very soon, it would not be possible to meet all of the obligations of the federal government," Lew said in prepared remarks at a Bipartisan Policy Center event.
Washington will start scraping up against the debt ceiling by Friday, the day a suspension on the borrowing limit is scheduled to lift. The Treasury will then use accounting measures that will allow the government to keep adding to the debt, but Lew said this strategy would only get the administration to the end of the month.
this story is just like the movie "Groundhog Day"....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1073647 Feb 3, 2014
flack wrote:
The Obama administration warned on Monday it could start defaulting on the government's obligations "very soon" after hitting a limit on the national debt later this month.
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said the federal government should hit the ceiling by the end of February unless Washington raises the nation's limit on public borrowing.
The federal government would then burn through its remaining cash more quickly that it would at other times of the year because the Treasury will be issuing tax refund checks, Lew said.
"Without borrowing authority, at some point very soon, it would not be possible to meet all of the obligations of the federal government," Lew said in prepared remarks at a Bipartisan Policy Center event.
Washington will start scraping up against the debt ceiling by Friday, the day a suspension on the borrowing limit is scheduled to lift. The Treasury will then use accounting measures that will allow the government to keep adding to the debt, but Lew said this strategy would only get the administration to the end of the month.
It's precisely this kind of uncertainty that makes buying a house now - especially at my age - seem scary as all Haiti.

Even without this uncertainty, it's gonna kill me anyway - or it sure seems that way.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1073648 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
I didn't see an Obama sticker on the way to work again today. But, I ge up at 4 and go to work at 5. I do see Obama stickers on the road at lunch, though.
"slither" - verb; what Obama does when he has to answer real questions.
"lie" - verb; what Obama does when he opens his mouth, except when he shoves fried chicken into it.
"steal" - verb; what the government does when Democrats are running it.
A study showed that people who adorn their cars with bumper stickers, window decals, personalized license plates and other "territorial markers" are aggressive drivers more prone to road rage than those who don't. Seems it's a Republican thing.

It does not seem to matter whether the messages on the stickers are about peace and love — "Visualize World Peace," "My Kid Is an Honor Student" — or angry and in your face — "Don’t Mess With Texas," "My Kid Beat Up Your Honor Student."

"…Drivers who do not personalize their cars get angry, too,....but they don’t act out their anger. They fume, mentally call the other driver a jerk, and move on."

"The more markers a car has, the more aggressively the person tends to drive when provoked." "Just the presence of territory markers predicts the tendency to be an aggressive driver."

I see a lot of Romney bumper stickers out there.

http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolut...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1073649 Feb 3, 2014
more from income equality...er...in..

GM

"As it stands now, Barra will get $4.4 million in total compensation, including a base salary of $1.6 million, in 2014, according to GM's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Her pay currently trails outgoing CEO Akerson’s higher 2013 compensation by 52%. He got an estimated $9 million, with a larger $1.7 million base salary and $7.3 million in stock awards..."

http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/201...

Orlando, FL

#1073650 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're running away from the question again. But, I'll answer your questions before I point out to you again you're running away from the question.
How? By inventing a lie about some spontaneous demonstration that never happened over some video that didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack.
What didn't happen? The spontaneous demonstration? Obviously that didn't happen. The video of the entire attack the White House and State Department watched proved that was a lie.
Yes, the Obama lie was "a spontaneous demonstration caused by an anti-muslim video". That rules out Al Qaeda planning and executing an attack, moron.
Want to capture who did it? Disguise yourself as a western news network and just wait until Ahmed Abu Khattala comes to you. CNN was able to find Ahmed Abu Khattala, who was the ringleader in the attack and do a two hour interview.
Now, just why can't Obama find this guy? Maybe because he's not looking.
Since it's very obvious CNN knew what the Obama lie would be before the attack, the lie had to have been generated before the attack. If we look for all the conspirators, I'm sure we'll follow a trail to the White House.
Now, how about you give us your answer for this question:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
If woodtick doesn't understand that...or, rather, chooses not to...it's hopeless to expect him to understand much of anything else, sorry to say.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1073651 Feb 3, 2014
A Pennsylvania medical examiner reports more than a dozen people have died in recent weeks from overdosing on laced heroin thought to be sweeping the region.

Allegheny County medical examiner Dr. Karl Williams said Thursday that laboratory tests confirmed that the ultra-potent painkiller fentanyl was present in heroin samples seized in connection with at least 14 overdose deaths in Pennsylvania, according to the Pittsburgh Gazette.

Fentanyl, which is typically prescribed to cancer patients as a last resort, can be 10 to 100 times stronger than morphine, according to CNN. The laced heroin has been sold under street names like "Bud Ice" and "Theraflu."

Williams anticipates further tests will link the laced heroin to other overdose deaths in the state. In six western Pennsylvania counties, 22 people died from heroin overdoses in the past two weeks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/03/fent...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1073652 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>use we have laws about equal protection.
there is no requirement of procreation, or even the promise or ability to procreate, to get a marriage license in the US. never has been. people who cannot possibly procreate get married all the time.
and quite obviously, homosexuality is a natural, normal part of our species...nothing abnormal about it.
How is a normal heterosexual union equal to an abnormal homosexual union, moron? They are obviously different.
The requirement for procreation is the survival of the species, you moron. Only the normal union between a man and a woman can procreate. What you are attempting to do is equate the normal with the abnormal. It's obviously different. Therefore, it's obviously unequal. That is reality. That reality will never change. How about the government make rules that are consistent with reality?

A man joining with a woman is different than a woman joining with a woman or a man joining with a man. If you doubt this, let's begin the discussion with the genetically programmed instinct for normal humans to propagate the species. Then, let's discuss why the state should recognize and regulate such joinings.
Why do you think there is no difference between the normal process of propagating the species and the abnormal activities of homosexual behavior?
(You have to be able to define words in the English language to answer this, dupe.)
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1073653 Feb 3, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know I am white?
We know you're a dummy; so stick a fork in it and get lost

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073654 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>use we have laws about equal protection.
there is no requirement of procreation, or even the promise or ability to procreate, to get a marriage license in the US. never has been. people who cannot possibly procreate get married all the time.
and quite obviously, homosexuality is a natural, normal part of our species...nothing abnormal about it.
I mentioned you'd have to be able to define words in the English language to participate in the discussion.
You are obviously not able to define "normal".
Homosexuality is abnormal.(Get a dictionary out if you have to.)
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1073655 Feb 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
A study showed that people who adorn their cars with bumper stickers, window decals, personalized license plates and other "territorial markers" are aggressive drivers more prone to road rage than those who don't. Seems it's a Republican thing.
It does not seem to matter whether the messages on the stickers are about peace and love — "Visualize World Peace," "My Kid Is an Honor Student" — or angry and in your face — "Don’t Mess With Texas," "My Kid Beat Up Your Honor Student."
"…Drivers who do not personalize their cars get angry, too,....but they don’t act out their anger. They fume, mentally call the other driver a jerk, and move on."
"The more markers a car has, the more aggressively the person tends to drive when provoked." "Just the presence of territory markers predicts the tendency to be an aggressive driver."
I see a lot of Romney bumper stickers out there.
http://marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolut...
Interesting. I would never put any stickers on my car. People who had Obama stickers were being run off the road by rightwingers, their cars were being vandalized. Too many crazies on the road; many with guns.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1073656 Feb 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's precisely this kind of uncertainty that makes buying a house now - especially at my age - seem scary as all Haiti.
Even without this uncertainty, it's gonna kill me anyway - or it sure seems that way.
What does it have to do with you anyway? Nothing. I'd suggest you buy in an over 55 development, you can get a really good deal, assuming this would be your last move, don't put all of your money in a house. Or, you could buy a few units in a place like Century Village that go for $20,000 or so each, live in one and rent the others for income

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1073657 Feb 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know. why did the Bush campaign have to keep changing the 'facts' of the story?
my understanding of what went down is.....Bush was a plane wreck waiting to happen.
<cognitive dissonance>

You seem to not be able to back your bullshit up with facts. What would you understand about flying? Aren't you the idiot that claimed McCain was a poor pilot? A poor pilot making routine night landings on an aircraft carrier. Do you ever listen to yourself?

Now, back to the question you ran away from:

Then why did Dan Rather need fraudulent documents to support his case?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1073658 Feb 3, 2014
Global warming to blame....

"General Motors Blames Polar Vortex For January Sales Slump"

"The company's U.S. sales were down 12 percent, thanks to extreme weather"

http://business.time.com/2014/02/03/general-m...

Orlando, FL

#1073659 Feb 3, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking in circles Carol. You're ignoring evidence that the attack was caused by the video or at least was used as a pretext. This from an AP report bylined Tripoli, Libya on October 27, 2012.
There was no sign of a spontaneous protest against an American-made movie denigrating Islam's Prophet Muhammad. But a lawyer passing by the scene said he saw the militants gathering around 20 youths from nearby to chant against the film. Within an hour or so, the assault began, guns blazing as the militants blasted into the compound.
One of the consulate's private Libyan guards said masked militants grabbed him and beat him, one of them calling him "an infidel protecting infidels who insulted the prophet."
The witness accounts gathered by The Associated Press give a from-the-ground perspective for the sharply partisan debate in the U.S. over the attack that left U.S. ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans dead. They corroborate the conclusion largely reached by American officials that it was a planned militant assault. But they also suggest the militants may have used the film controversy as a cover for the attack.
So once again Carol, what's your evidence that the video wasn't a cause or a pretext for the Benghazi attack?
And no Carol, people like me who actually go with facts and evidence aren't in the minority. It's far right nitwits like you.
Leon Panetta admitted in one of the first hearings that he knew it was a terrorist attack within minutes after it began. General Cater Hamm also testified he knew it was a terrorist attack almost immediately. Both of them went directly to brief the president.

That's all any of us need to know. Unless you're going to tell me Leon Panetta, the Director of the CIA at that time, and General Carter Ham, the Combatant Commander of Africa Command (AFRICOM) and a key figure in the Benghazi investigations, would deliberately not tell the president this.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1073660 Feb 3, 2014
flack wrote:
By BURGESS EVERETT
President Barack Obama is counting on Senate Democrats to help approve his legislative agenda during his final years in office. And though they are his staunchest allies on most economic issues, many Democratic senators are breaking with him on key issues in very public ways.
From trade to Iran sanctions, the Keystone XL pipeline, Obamacare, the National Security Agency and energy policy, Senate Democrats seem unusually comfortable criticizing the president, with only minimal concerns about repercussions from the White House.
rats leaving the sinking ship....

Senate DemoKKKrats up for reelection in 2014 know they are dead meat because they screwed the middle class with ObamaKKKare....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1073661 Feb 3, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
We know you're a dummy; so stick a fork in it and get lost
Looks like you need to change out your old vodka enema for a fresh one...

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1073662 Feb 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have never been able to find proof any subsidy to American oil companies exist, moron.
If you join the economy, yes, it was affordable. If you were a lazy bagofshit that chose to be uneducated and unreliable and nobody wanted to keep you on their workforce, no, you wouldn't be able to afford health insurance with a work ethic like that.
How to afford health insurance before ObamaKare:
1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job and show up for work every day on time.
5) Don't hang out with useless shitbags playing basketball at midnight.
6) Don't engage in criminal activity.
If you did these things before ObamaKare raised the premiums and deductibles, you 'd be able to affore health insurance like every other middle class American throughout the past half century.
The problem with affordability wasn't the price. It was the work ethic of the people who couldn't afford it. If they changed their work ethic, all those "unaffordable" problems would go away, just like it did for every working middle class American who raised a family and provided them with health insurance.
I have previously listed thee subsidies & yet you still deny their existence.

I have posted quotes from numerous right whiner lawmakers that say they exist.

You have been hiding behind your subsidized employment with your subsidized benefits for so long, you have no clue what t costs to purchase health insurance as an individual.

An over 50 couple with $50K income can't afford to purchase their insurance as individuals as it would take at least 40% of their income prior to the ACA. These are people that worked all their life.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1073663 Feb 3, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"Dell layoffs this week: 15,000 to be hit: report"

http://www.zdnet.com/dell-layoffs-this-week-1...

Orlando, FL

#1073664 Feb 3, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Hey Progressives....Grab your pitchforks and torches....
the 1 percent is at it again...
Evil Walmart money goes to the Democrats!!!!!!
"The billionaires start lining up behind Hillary Clinton"
http://www.againstcronycapitalism.org/2014/02...
They like 1%'ers who agree with their progressive ideology and pay big bucks to keep them in power. It would seem.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1073665 Feb 3, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"United To Dump Cleveland Hub, Cut 470 Jobs"

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/United-To-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 39 min cpeter1313 336,835
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun Chosen Traveler 35,803
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2