Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263766 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1072350 Jan 31, 2014
Fair and Balance…POLL: FOX Still MOST TRUSTED NAME IN NEWS while NBCMSNBC Sink to Bottom of Public Trust!! WOW

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1072351 Jan 31, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Two pictures that are worth two thousand words...
a visual representation of temperature...
1880 - 2009....
http://www.populartechnology.net/2010/10/real...
Incredible......
and yet just a two degree celsius rise will have major effects on our planet. and we are at .74 (one could round that up to one third, right, forks? it's fun to point out how you don't even understand the links you yourself provide!!!)

and this doesn't even take into effect the warming of the oceans, which absorbs most of the increase...

living next to lake superior most of my life, i can tell what the effect on weather and tempreature huge bodies of water make...these concepts are obviously beyond your puny mind's grasp.

go ahead, post more links you clearly do not understand...all you are doing is proving what an ignorant fool you are...

St. Croix valley

#1072352 Jan 31, 2014
TSM wrote:
Fair and Balance…POLL: FOX Still MOST TRUSTED NAME IN NEWS while NBCMSNBC Sink to Bottom of Public Trust!! WOW
a ratings from the average american should be taken with a grain of salt...the average american isn't even close to the top in the world's intellectual strata...

basically, you are saying they are just as good as american idol and teen mom shows...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072353 Jan 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>

Boca a ghetto?.
in the truest sense of the word....a place where you NYC Bocajews have no knowledge of middle class American values and ethics......a place where you accept drug addiction by your community college daughter....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072354 Jan 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps, but there is the liability if someone gets sick, either by poisoning or allergy.
life is full of risks, and living in constant fear is for losers like you....
positronium

Pulaski, NY

#1072356 Jan 31, 2014
TSM wrote:
That they are for sure.....too much complexity.

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#1072357 Jan 31, 2014
Liberals drink more alcohol than conservatives. I guess it makes the Kool-aid go down better!
http://theweek.com/article/index/255855/study...
positronium

Pulaski, NY

#1072358 Jan 31, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
in the truest sense of the word....a place where you NYC Bocajews have no knowledge of middle class American values and ethics......a place where you accept drug addiction by your community college daughter....
Uh huh
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072359 Jan 31, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I think they have. Their first inclination though, as we see over and over, is to lower the standards and amend the curriculum for everyone else. With obvious results.
It's a common theme, accommodate the underachievers and punish the best and brightest.
instead of maintaining high standards for those who can compete and creating vocational schools for those who lack academic ability....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1072360 Jan 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet just a two degree celsius rise will have major effects on our planet. and we are at .74 (one could round that up to one third, right, forks? it's fun to point out how you don't even understand the links you yourself provide!!!)
and this doesn't even take into effect the warming of the oceans, which absorbs most of the increase...
living next to lake superior most of my life, i can tell what the effect on weather and tempreature huge bodies of water make...these concepts are obviously beyond your puny mind's grasp.
go ahead, post more links you clearly do not understand...all you are doing is proving what an ignorant fool you are...
Anecdotes are not science bro....
post a link supporting what you say or STFU....

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#1072361 Jan 31, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text> lazy, a liar, and tolerant"??? "Well, I never!" ( I didn't find it, and I'm forced to believe that's because it doesn't exist.)
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/j effrey-meyer/2014/01/19/vladim ir-putin-mocks-obama-s-love-sp orts

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1072362 Jan 31, 2014
harmonious wrote:
The Barack H. Obama Foundation was fast-tracked to IRS tax-exempt status at the same time that the IRS was abusing numerous Tea Party and conservative groups. While those groups’ tax-exempt applications were taking two years and mountains of paperwork and invasive queries about their memberships and activities, the Barack H. Obama Foundation won its status in just 30 days. That status was back-dated 38 months, which is against the law.- See more at: http://www.teaparty.org/obamas-brother-wears-...
You people really look desperate when you dig up old news. This non-issue was first reported by the Daily Caller in May, 2013. NOTE: "Daily Caller"!

Now, let's make it clear that President Barack Obama is not in anyway affiliated with The Barack H. Obama Foundation.

The President of the Foundation is Abongo Malik Obama. The Executive Director is Ray Baysden of Arlington, VA and the Director is Gwendolyn Anderson of Rockville, Maryland and
no one knows how long the Foundation had been working with the IRS to correct their violation involving their tax exempt status. It could have been a year or more.

FACTS:

On their 2008 form 990, the Foundation stated, "The Foundation sponsored a youth tournament, dug water wells, and repaired/renovated local mosque." They listed an outstanding loan of $2,887 due to Malik Obama.

On their 2009 form 990 they stated "The Foundation sponsored a youth tournament, built houses for widows and orphans, assisted in construction of Police Post, education and repair/renovation of local mosque."

On their amended forms to their 2010 form 990, The Foundation states that they received $17,243 in 2008; $1,430 in 2009 and $24,250 in 2010; they then list an outstanding balance of $45,729 due to Malik Obama. Their 2010 from 990 was the last one they filed.

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo/2011_07_...

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo/2011_07_...

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo/2011_09_...

Now, if you want to start a "conspiracy theory", how about who is Ray Baysden? There is A Ray Baysden in Arlington, VA whose profile says that he "served as Chief of the Joint Mission Analysis Center (JMAC) for the United Nations’ Stabilization Mission in Haiti from 2008 to 2010. In this role, he was tasked with providing risk mitigation strategies and gathering intelligence for the Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary General (SRSG) and the Senior Mission Leadership Team, which included the Military Forces Commander and the United Nations Police Commissioner." Of course, whether this is "the" same Ray Baysden is anyone's guess.

http://bigsight.org/ray_baysden

Gwendolyn Anderson of Rockville, Maryland is an unknown. There is a Gwendolyn Anderson from Washington, DC whose profile says that she worked for an "International Association" and "Black Actuaries" but who knows.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1072363 Jan 31, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone who expresses a decimal value less than 1.0 as .74 instead of 0.74 is obviously lacking in any kind of scientific training and has no credibility on such issues....

Location hidden

#1072364 Jan 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I love reich wingers who think backwards!
That is the direction they want to take us....backwards.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1072365 Jan 31, 2014
Just had another conversation with the only person I know that signed up for Obamacare. He got the Gold plan, but now has an out-of-pocket of up to $6,000 because he found out none of his doctors are in-network (was lied to). He was paying under $300 a month prior to o-BOZO-care and now is paying $470. He has spent untold hours on the phone trying to get answers. His bill was wrong.

He is now going to see what he can get outside of Obamacare and will no longer be voting for Democrats.

One of the security guards came up to us, so this person asked if the Security Guard had o-BOZO-care. She said her insurance from her employer was dropped because of Obamcare and she now does not have insurance. She is refusing to sign-up because it is too expensive and will pay the fine (she has a young kid too).

These are the only two people I know impacted by Obamacare.

Democrats are idiots!

Location hidden

#1072366 Jan 31, 2014
dem wrote:
Fifty-six percent of uninsured Americans who plan to get health insurance say they will do so through a government health insurance exchange. That figure has steadily increased since Gallup began tracking uninsured Americans' intentions in October.
But what struck me most was this:
38% say they are more likely to pay the fine the government will assess most Americans who lack health insurance.
That 38 percent generally approximates the conservative fringe of America, you know, the ones who clung to George W. Bush to the bitter end, the ones who believe Obama was born in Kenya, the ones sickened by America's creeping communism. There are probably a handful in that 38 percent who are choosing to pay the fine for non-ideological reasons. But there are many more who are doing so to spite the president.
Because, you see, placing yourself at risk of financial ruin, severe disability, or even death is totally worth it in pursuit of undermining the communist plot hatched at the Heritage Foundation. It's like eating crappy, unhealthy fast food in order to spite liberals. Or refusing to exercise because Michelle Obama.
All these things increase the odds of premature incapacitation or death, and ... that's supposed to make liberals sad? Maybe it does, since we don't think "empathy" is a dirty word. But holding your breath until you die is an odd way to spite your political enemies.
"But holding your breath until you die is an odd way to spite your political enemies." I love that line.

St. Croix valley

#1072367 Jan 31, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Just had another conversation with the only person I know that signed up for Obamacare. He got the Gold plan, but now has an out-of-pocket of up to $6,000 because he found out none of his doctors are in-network (was lied to). He was paying under $300 a month prior to o-BOZO-care and now is paying $470. He has spent untold hours on the phone trying to get answers. His bill was wrong.
He is now going to see what he can get outside of Obamacare and will no longer be voting for Democrats.
One of the security guards came up to us, so this person asked if the Security Guard had o-BOZO-care. She said her insurance from her employer was dropped because of Obamcare and she now does not have insurance. She is refusing to sign-up because it is too expensive and will pay the fine (she has a young kid too).
These are the only two people I know impacted by Obamacare.
Democrats are idiots!
if he had previous insurance. why was he signing up for obamacare?

your bullshit doesn't stand up to a two second logic test...

try peddling your BS to people as stupid as you...

you shoud try the FOX viewers...we recently found out how stupid they are....

St. Croix valley

#1072368 Jan 31, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
why wouldn't you already know this. this is a subject you post about constantly yet you don't know even the most basic facts of the proven science?

here's some help for you...

http://lmgtfy.com/...

was that really that hard?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1072369 Jan 31, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a ratings from the average american should be taken with a grain of salt...the average american isn't even close to the top in the world's intellectual strata...
basically, you are saying they are just as good as american idol and teen mom shows...
Typical Liberal, but does explain why Liberals are always Chasing their Tails!! Like Ronnie said “It’s not that liberals aren’t smart, it’s just that so much of what they know isn’t so!”

St. Croix valley

#1072370 Jan 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"But holding your breath until you die is an odd way to spite your political enemies." I love that line.
fines should fund Obamacare quite well.

can we deny them access to the ERs now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr IBdaMann 6,485
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Aura Mytha 244,949
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 2 hr RayOne 1,715
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr dGo mDaedn lyHo i... 310,345
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Fri bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
More from around the web