Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395998 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1071544 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN's instant polling among Americans who watched Tuesday's State of the Union found an overwhelming majority reacting positively to President Barack Obama's address, as it has four times previously during his presidency.
The network's poll found that 76 percent of Americans who watched the speech viewed it somewhat or very positively, in line with reactions to his previous speeches, although the percentage with "very positive" views declined. Last year, 77 percent of watchers reported a positive view of the speech to CNN, and slightly higher numbers approved of Obama's speeches in three previous years.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/stat...
being in the minority must be frustrating. can't say i know how you feel, but if you would like a pity party i'm sure that can be arranged.
Just 33.3 million people watched that mess. Which means just over 25 million were libtards. Get a clue!!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071545 Jan 30, 2014
lol! For the likes of Lola and DBwriter.

You idiots still can't run from the facts no matter how many times you repeat your opinions and reich wing mantra!!!!

poor babies!!!!

"U.S. seeks $2.1 billion from Bank of America in fraud case
Reuters
43 minutes ago

A Bank of America customer uses a Bank of America ATM in Charlotte

A Bank of America customer uses a Bank of America ATM in Charlotte, North Carolina May 11, 2011. REUTERS/Chris Keane

By Nate Raymond
Related Stories

NEW YORK (Reuters)- The U.S. government has raised the amount it is seeking in penalties from Bank of America Corp (BAC) to $2.1 billion after a jury found the bank was liable for fraud over defective mortgages sold by its Countrywide unit.

The request in a court filing late on Wednesday for $2.1 billion was based on gross revenue generated by the fraud, the government said. The Justice Department had previously asked for $863.6 million.

The initial request was based on gross losses it said government-sponsored mortgage finance companies Fannie Mae (FNMA) and Freddie Mac (FMCC) incurred on loans purchased from Countrywide Financial Corp in 2007 and 2008.

A spokesman for Bank of America had no immediate comment.

In a December hearing, a judge asked the bank and the Justice Department to brief him on how he might base the penalties on Countrywide's gains rather than losses resulting from the mortgage sales.

A federal jury in New York in October had found Bank of America and Rebecca Mairone, a former mid-level executive at Countrywide, each liable for fraud in the civil lawsuit.

The case focused on a mortgage lending process at Countrywide, which Bank of America acquired in July 2008, called the "High Speed Swim Lane," or alternatively "HSSL" or "Hustle."

"PUNISH DEFENDANTS"

The government contended that Countrywide's program emphasized and rewarded employees for the quantity rather than the quality of loans produced, and eliminated check lists designed to ensure that loans were sound...."
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071546 Jan 30, 2014
[QUOTE who="waxywaxturd" aka "Not Surprized"]<quoted text>
Yes, I just gave myself 11, count em, 11 glowing judgits for this post!! WINNING!!!!!!
I'm on a judgit roll my friends!!!!!!!!!! Please join me! It's fun and challenging!! As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!! Please dear friends, join me!!!!!!
[/QUOTE] Not Surprized! LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071547 Jan 30, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're adding American working people to your hate list. According to you if desperate Americans trying to support their families on minimum wages don't get a raise from their wealthy greedy bosses then these American workers are worthless.
only fools start families before they have adequate income....

if you can't earn more than minimum wage, live at home with Mommy (and Daddy if you know who he is)...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1071548 Jan 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The best way to keep Sochi safe is not let the muslim terrorists in the White House have any information about security at the Olympics. You saw what happened when the White House conspired with Al Qaeda to kill a US ambassador in Benghazi, didn't you? We sure don't want the muslim terrorists in the White House to be involved with security in Sochi.
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse
Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.
""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
Good dog!!

Your imitating me proves how much in awe of me you are!! Be a good boy and I'll let you lick my boots later today!!

I can get you to post what I want!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Is Dweeb A TRAITOR?? You decide!!

He has called for a revolution against our democratically elected President.

He has expressed support for Vladimir Putin, card carrying Communist, over his own President.

He has expressed support for the Muslim!! President of Libya, over his own President.

If that's not the talk of a traitor, what is??
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1071549 Jan 30, 2014
more from the good book...

from the GSS
between 1996 and 2006
Number of surveyed: 2412

'The National Data Program for the Social Sciences has been conducted since 1972 by NORC, A Social Science Research Center at the University of Chicago, with the support of the National Science Foundation.'

http://www3.norc.org/GSS+Website/About+GSS/Na...

question:
"First child was born when mother was 19 years old or less (Women)?"
these were women aged up to 50...

D-32.3 percent
R-19.7 percent

Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality".
algora publishing, pg 18
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071550 Jan 30, 2014
One thing most economists do agree on is that today’s minimum wage is worth less than it used to be. Adjusted for inflation,$7.25 an hour is 23 percent lower today than it was in 1968. Several studies show that if the minimum wage had kept up with inflation and with the growth of average labor productivity over the past 46 years, it would be around $25 an hour

This last point may be one reason why the public overwhelmingly favors a wage increase.

A December Washington Post poll found two-thirds of Americans support raising the minimum wage, while a recent Gallup poll showed 76 percent in favor. While it may not be a surprise that 85 percent of Democrats support such a move, half of all Republican’s and 65 percent of independents also support such a move, according to the Post poll.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/support-for-minim...

minority opinions losing out on Topix this morning.

just the usual.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1071551 Jan 30, 2014
AT least 43 navigators for O'bama care are criminals-LOL--they will access to people's names, addresses, social security and just about anything they need to steal your identity. The state of California says they can't release any information because it would deter people from signing up for O'bamacare--ROTFLMAO--YOU THINK? At least 7 have financial crimes as in they steal from others.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1071552 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
""Gallup Poll Finds Democrats More Compassionate; Republicans More Psychopathic""
And you just offered proof of the latter, hymie ahole.
Compassionate = Sucker

Pragmatic = Good American

Nutsack = Compassionate

Prevented this

#1071553 Jan 30, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I didn't want to mention it, nor explain they misquoted the quote in the first place.
I figured it would expend too much brain power for no results!
Wood tick wants to know why you keep bringing up the death panels.

Location hidden

#1071554 Jan 30, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>so you need your pharma too-LOL-poor bastard. A slave to western medicine. Like I said--I can hardly wait until they cut you all off.
That doesn't even make sense.

But hey, you're one of those crazy Zionists who emulate the Nazi's.

Even to recreating the Warsaw Ghetto on the West Bank.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071555 Jan 30, 2014
M Stein wrote:
<quoted text>Big government eugenics would be telling women they can't have children. There's nothing wrong with telling someone they won't be rewarded with a bigger monthly check for not practicing the same family planning that responsible citizens practice. But then again Democrats love multi-generational poverty because it keeps their base on the plantation.
If Obama REALLY wanted to do something about Inequality, he'd tell the baby mamas to keep their legs closed unless the "daddy" was going to marry and support this "family."
so you're all for Obamacare birth control mandates?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071556 Jan 30, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
ATTENTION ALL !!!!
I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all night making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
I will also be judging your posts for the entire evening. I plan to be here for the entire day, 24/7, round the clock, with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!!
Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!!
BREAKING NEWS**********
I have been using a new product called "Instant Obama Lie",, while marathoning on TOPIX,,,very effective if I don't say so myself!!! Emeem loves them!!!! Anyone who spends as much time on Topix as I do (though I doubt there is) should look into them. Fabulous!
"I'M DUMB ENOUGH. I'M DRUNK ENOUGH. AND DOGGONE IT, PEOPLE HATE ME.!!!!!!!!! Hugs! NOT SURPRIZED !!!!!!,,,AKA WAXYWAXTURD!!!!!!
I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
Not Surprized! LOL

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1071557 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie of the year??
That’s easy!!
“Waxman only posts as Waxman”
Except when he’s being “Shiningtinfoilhat’!!
HAHAHAHA
Are you still shoving dried beans up your nose?

It shows. You brain's oxygen levels are down.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1071558 Jan 30, 2014
And so it continues....

http://news.yahoo.com/watch-63-years-climate-...

"Watch 63 years of climate change in one horrifying GIF
BGR.com
By Zach Epstein 23 hours ago

Global warming is still the topic of much debate, but a short video posted recently by NASA is fairly convincing. The 15-second animation, which was posted by NASA last week and picked up on Tuesday by Co.Exist, shows a view of the entire globe with an overlay that details climate change. NASA scientists analyzed data collected over the past 63 years by 1,000 meteorological stations from around the world, and the animation they compiled shows just how rapidly the Earth’s climate is changing.

The GIF is a consolidated version of NASA’s full animation that helps illustrate just how drastic the change has been since 1950. Temperatures in some regions have swung by as much as 4 degrees Celsius in the past 60 years alone.

“Long-term trends in surface temperatures are unusual and 2013 adds to the evidence for ongoing climate change,” GISS climatologist Gavin Schmidt said with regard to NASA’s findings.“While one year or one season can be affected by random weather events, this analysis shows the necessity for continued, long-term monitoring.”

According to the report, the average global temperature in 2013 was 58.3 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 1.1 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than the mid-20th century baseline temperature.

“Last year, when the concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere surpassed levels of 400 parts per million, the amount of atmospheric carbon dioxide reached a higher point than it had at any time in the last 800,000 years,” Co.Exist’s Sydney Brownstone noted."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1071559 Jan 30, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had minimum wage jobs. I showed up for work every day. I did what I was paid to do. I became more valuable. I began to earn more than minimum wage.
That's how it's done.
Making a rule that employers have to pay more for the same product regardless of value is Marxist.
Suppose there is a company just teetering on the edge of solvency, maybe working with as little as a 5% profit margin. Forcing them to pay more for the same low-level no-skill work will cause them to go out of business, then nobody has a job.
That is what Marxism does, over and over and over again without exception.
most successful people had minimum wage jobs when they were teenagers....

most welfare bums never had that advantage...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1071560 Jan 30, 2014
President Obama Takes Down Walmart By Giving A Speech at Costco

Peter Deier, an E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics, Occidental College, explained why President Obama chose Costco as the venue for his speech,“Why Costco and not Walmart, which is a much bigger and better-known discount retailer? The answer is that Costco’s labor practices help reduce income inequality while Walmart’s labor practices widen it. Yes, Walmart is better-known, but what it’s known for is low wages and abusive labor practices….When Americans think of the phrase “working poor,” they think of Walmart. Many of its employees make so little that they are eligible for food stamps, Medicaid, and housing subsidies. America’s taxpayers are subsidizing Walmart’s poverty-wage labor practices to the tune of billions of dollars. The company’s low-wage business model contributes to its stocking problems, the low customer service ratings, and the retailer’s current decline in sales. Not only do Costco workers earn much more than their Walmart counterparts, but Costco’s CEO makes considerably less than Walmart’s CEO. So while Costco helps narrow the gap between the rich and the rest, Walmart widens it.”

President Obama was sending a not so subtle message to the corporate giant that is most responsible for income inequality in this country. The point of the president’s speech at Costco was that it is more than possible for a company to both pay a living wage and be profitable.

Costco proves both the Republican Party and Walmart wrong. A company can pay its employees well and be successful. Republicans always frame any proposed increase in the minimum wage as a choice between paying employees well and jobs. Even though research shows that increasing the minimum wage does not cause employers to layoff workers, Republicans still stick to this tired old talking point.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/29/presid...

Prevented this

#1071561 Jan 30, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Most of NSA’s data collection authorized by order Ronald Reagan issued
The National Security Agency’s collection of information on Americans’ cellphone and Internet usage reaches far beyond the two programs that have received public attention in recent months, to a presidential order that is older than the Internet itself.
Approved by President Ronald Reagan in 1981, Executive Order 12333 (referred to as “twelve-triple-three”) still governs most of what the NSA does. It is a sweeping mandate that outlines the duties and foreign intelligence collection for the nation’s 17 intelligence agencies. It is not governed by Congress, and critics say it has little privacy protection and many loopholes. What changes have been made to it have come through guidelines set by the attorney general or other documents
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/21/209167/...
Under its provisions, agencies have the ability to function outside the confines of a warrant or court order, if approved by the attorney general. Its Section 2.5 effectively gives the attorney general the right to authorize intelligence agencies to operate outside the confines of judicial or congressional oversight, so long as it’s in pursuit of foreign intelligence – including collecting information of Americans.
So now you libs are done blaming Bush and are blaming Reagan? did O'bama plagiarize a Reagan speech also?
NuculurNUToption

Satellite Beach, FL

#1071562 Jan 30, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie of the year??
That’s easy!!
“Anything Obama and I Say”
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Not Surprized!

Location hidden

#1071563 Jan 30, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
pulled that out of your a$$...
NO link....
A genius liike you should be able to find it easily.

Need help??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(Hint: It's a Gallup Poll)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You seem a bit more limpdicked than usual today, Killtaker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr John-K 311,356
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Earthling-1 9,877
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 9 hr hpcaban 255,520
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 27 Trojan 32,289
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web