Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563032 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

dem

United States

#1070976 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>All the 'tick does is regurgitate leftist talking points while lamely trying to disguise them as his own brilliant and original thoughts when in reality his only defense is calling people names.
Sanctimonious Pusscccee.
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1070977 Jan 29, 2014
"3) Having a ranking system whereby you have different words for prejudice against different groups which have different levels of seriousness, with racism against X having a less-damning word and racism against Y having a more-damning word, is itself racist, because you’re saying that some groups are more important and deserve more protection than others. It’s attaching a different value judgement to different races, as if non-whites are “worth more” and whites are just cannon fodder for equality. If racism is bad, then it’s bad for all races. White people have feelings too. Whether we’re a minority, a majority, powerful or powerless, we still exist and still have the right to exist as a people. We still have a culture and a heritage and an identity that we have the right to protect and assert in our own countries, and the right to be free from all forms of racism, institutional or otherwise.

4) White people only have power in some parts of the world, namely Europe, North America and Australasia. Other races have power in other parts of the world, namely Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia. So if I accept that there can’t be racism against the dominant group, and the dominant group in Europe, North America and Australasia happens to be white, then presumably the argument is “you can’t be racist against white people in Europe, North America and Australasia”. By this argument, there can be racism against white people in Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia (ie most of the world), since whites are not the dominant group there. The International watchdog Genocide Watch has been warning the whites in South Africa are facing genocide for a number of years. Whites do not have power in South Africa, and elected black politicians routinely sing the genocidal song “Kill the Boer” which incites blacks to kill whites. Presumably you can be racist against whites in South Africa, since whites are a minority there. They never clarify this, which makes their conception misleading. Because they only ever care about “racism” in white countries. They only ever want to undermine ethnic power-structures that benefit white people. They don’t criticise Arabs for having too much power in majority-Arab countries. They don’t criticise blacks for having too much power in majority-black countries. They don’t criticise Indians for having too much power in India."

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1070978 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, because 24 year old people are supposed to be too stoned, and too stupid from watching MTV to have political convictions that are actually grounded in the most solid principles.
I love how terrified I make you feel knowing there is a very intelligent and very passionate young person who vehemently opposes pretty much everything you have been taught to never question, and the best part is that you know your own children have absolutely no chance against me.
"Our generation will—one way or another—make decisions that will directly affect a rapidly aging and needy population and an exploding, unsustainable national debt. It is our duty as defenders of freedom and the constitutional republic to help steer the country away from the false promises of progressives and advocate a smaller government of moral absolutes and individual responsibility. We feel the moral obligation to intervene against those who abandon our founding principles and embrace the comfortable, but deceptive ideals of moral relativism, victim identification and outcome equivalence. This problem is real and the fight for freedom has begun."

http://youngcons.com/
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070979 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, because 24 year old people are supposed to be too stoned, and too stupid from watching MTV to have political convictions that are actually grounded in the most solid principles.
I love how terrified I make you feel knowing there is a very intelligent and very passionate young person who vehemently opposes pretty much everything you have been taught to never question, and the best part is that you know your own children have absolutely no chance against me.
You're way off there Jefro. Most 24 year olds are not white supremacist racist ignoramuses like you. Your thoughts and ideas are those of an ignorant old toothless uneducated redneck who is such a fkn loser that he wants to feel "speshull" just 'cause he's white.

You don't terrify me, I pity you. I only hope you don't have children that you have taught to be skinheads.
dem

United States

#1070980 Jan 29, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen youtube videos that show exactly how your racist type treat the weak and helpless, white seniors in the nursing homes. You depict your twisted cousins as the victims when the truth can be seen by anybody with eyes. You're not fooling anybody, troll.
Get the fk off my tread you tea bag terrorist.
Telegram Sam

New Hyde Park, NY

#1070981 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
All the 'tick does is regurgitate leftist talking points while lamely trying to disguise them as his own brilliant and original thoughts when in reality his only defense is calling people names.
All the "Ray Donovan" does is regurgitate rightwing talking points while lamely trying to disguise them as his own brilliant and original thoughts when in reality his only defense is calling people names.

The irony!!!!!
ptbw forever

Georgetown, IN

#1070983 Jan 29, 2014
"You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Racism is prejudice + power, aka “minorities can’t be racist against majorities because I’ve made up my own definition of racism”
White people are a minority in the world, we are only about 7-8% of people. Whites are only the majority in some parts of the world; North America, Europe and Australasia. So if minorities can’t be racist against majorities, what was all that fuss in South Africa about? Simply move the debate to Africa and the Caribbean, where blacks are the majority. Blacks in Africa and the Caribbean have prejudice, and they have power. Watch how the Liberal will suddenly try to change the rules. We whites are a minority in the world, which is why we need our own little parts of the world where we’re the majority. Koreans are a minority in the world, but they have Korea which is theirs. If the Koreans are allowed Korea, why aren’t the Danes allowed Denmark?"

http://someofmybestfriendsarewhite.tumblr.com...

This tumblr page has more well thought content than all the garbage sonic has ever posted from theamericanconservative and talkingpointsmemo.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070984 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
"Power + Prejudice"?
"If that’s what racism means, then I don’t care about racism. I think it’s okay for white people to have power in our own countries.
Don’t expect white people to care about racism if white victims are excluded from it. What’s in it for us? White people have a point of view. White people have interests and aspirations. We have the right to look out for ourselves first. And you’re suggesting that white people should abandon all self-interest and focus exclusively on helping blacks.
If “racism” is blacks feeling like the man is keeping them down, and “prejudice” is whites being beaten and killed by non-whites shouting racial slurs, then I contend that “prejudice” is worse than “racism” and whites should shift focus on that and stop worrying about “racism”, because it’s not as bad and it’s not our problem. The whole argument about “power+prejudice” begins from the assumption that there’s something wrong with whites having power in our own countries. Blacks have power in Africa & the Caribbean. Every part of the planet is dominated by one race or another, but it’s only whites who are made to feel guilty about it.
Four reasons why the Tumblr defintion of “racism”(“prejudice+power”) is stupid
It’s become very fashionable in the last decade to say that you can’t be racist against white people because racism = prejudice+power, and since only whites have power, only whites can commit the modern world’s cardinal sin: racism. I think there’s a few flaws in this argument, which I’d like to outline below:
1) It’s not actually denying that what I call anti-white racism exists. Rather it’s saying “yes that does happen, but we don’t want you to call it “racism”, we want you to call it “prejudice””. Whether you call it racism, prejudice, or a cheese sandwich, it happens and as a white person I’m concerned about it. You’ve not provided any argument as to why I shouldn’t be concerned about it, you’ve just provided a tautology about what word you’d prefer me to call it. If “racism” means “white people having power in specific parts of the planet” then I assume that racism is acceptable.
2) It’s trying to conveniently redefine the word “racist” to fit a biased “progressive” political agenda. The word “racist” has been around for 80 years and has never included this caveat of “can only be committed by white people”. Why do “progressives” assume the English language should be subordinated to facilitate their political goals? What they’re trying to do is control language, which controls thought, which is ultimately trying to make it impossible to even conceive of anything outside their “progressive” paradigm. The phrase “Institutional Racism” already exists to describe their “prejudice+power” version of racism. The existence of the phrase “Institutional Racism” demonstrates that racism doesn’t need to be institutional. They’re assuming that Institutional Racism is the only type of racism, and it’s not. The purpose of this is to trick white people into thinking they should feel guilty if white people are the majority anywhere, to make us support mass immigration into our countries so we can stop being so racist. It’s completely self-fulfilling, because if these people weren’t coming into our countries in the first place, it wouldn’t be a problem."
A Guide to White Privilege for White People Who Think They’ve Never Had Any

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/26/guide-...

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1070985 Jan 29, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"silly"
I did not waste my time watching the boy presidents lies, er speech. Instead I watched the Virginia vs. Notre Dame basketball game. It wasn't much either. The ice cold Kokanee was very good.
Peace
KMA
It's President's lies, old timer... Aren't you getting tired of the Kokanee, yet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070986 Jan 29, 2014
flack wrote:
OBAMA: "We'll need Congress to protect more than 3 million jobs by finishing transportation and waterways bills this summer. But I will act on my own to slash bureaucracy and streamline the permitting process for key projects, so we can get more construction workers on the job as fast as possible."
THE FACTS: Cutting rules and regulations doesn't address what's holding up most transportation projects, which is lack of money. The federal Highway Trust Fund will run out of money in August without action. To finance infrastructure projects, Obama wants Congress to raise taxes on businesses that keep profits or jobs overseas, but that idea has been a political nonstarter.
The number of projects affected by the administration's efforts to cut red tape is relatively small, said Joshua Schank, president and CEO of the Eno Center for Transportation, a think tank. "The reason most of these projects are delayed is they don't have enough money. So it's great that you are expediting the review process, but the review process isn't the problem. The problem is we don't have enough money to invest in our infrastructure in the first place."
___
OBAMA: "More than 9 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage."
THE FACTS: That's not to say 9 million more Americans have gained insurance under the law.
President Obama: Women Deserve Equal PayPlay videoPresident Obama: Women Deserve Equal Pay
The administration says about 6 million people have been determined to be eligible for Medicaid since Oct. 1 and an additional 3 million roughly have signed up for private health insurance through the new markets created by the health care law. That's where Obama's number of 9 million comes from. But it's unclear how many in the Medicaid group were already eligible for the program or renewing existing coverage.
Likewise, it's not known how many of those who signed up for private coverage were previously insured. A large survey released last week suggests the numbers of uninsured gaining coverage may be smaller. The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index found that the uninsured rate for U.S. adults dropped by 1.2 percentage points in January, to 16.1 percent. That would translate to roughly 2 million to 3 million newly insured people since the law's coverage expansion started Jan. 1.
___
OBAMA: "In the coming weeks, I will issue an executive order requiring federal contractors to pay their federally funded employees a fair wage of at least $10.10 an hour, because if you cook our troops' meals or wash their dishes, you shouldn't have to live in poverty."
THE FACTS: This would be a hefty boost in the federal minimum wage, now $7.25, but not many would see it.
Most employees of federal contractors already earn more than $10.10. About 10 percent of those workers, roughly 200,000, might be covered by the higher minimum wage. But there are several wrinkles. The increase would not take effect until 2015 at the earliest and it doesn't apply to existing federal contracts, only new ones. Renewed contracts also will be exempt from Obama's order unless other terms of the agreement change, such as the type of work or number of employees needed.
Obama also said he'll press Congress to raise the federal minimum wage overall. He tried that last year, seeking a $9 minimum, but Congress didn't act.
so you, like Lois, both agree that the song and dance about the gov't being in the way of job creation with industry regulations was just bullshit?

good to know...

you puppets are funny to watch swinging on the strings that control you. if you ever want to think for yourself, come talk to me, we can discuss tutorial rates...
Arte Z

Jamaica, NY

#1070987 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so cute...like 'daddy's little helper' washing the car with him and just spraying water everywhere with the hose...
yes you are daddy's little helper....what a good boy you are...
It's great that HE knows who is daddy is.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070988 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Most pedophiles like you know your way around grade school restrooms, quell surpris
It's been reported that even drunks like you know their way around these places, which is why you seem to know first hand about these things, you foul-mouthed racist vile beast.
Arte Z

Jamaica, NY

#1070989 Jan 29, 2014
A list of ways Michelle Obama celebrates her birthday.

The list tries really hard to note all of Michelle’s accomplishments, but the best it can come up with is drinking more water and forcing school children to eat food they describe as “barf.”

Other important things the First Lady has done include shopping and taking vacations. She really hasn’t established herself as a woman of the people.

Here are a few highlights of the ways you can be like Michelle:

Dance to Beyonce

Move into a massive new house with your family and invite your mother to move in too

Make the cover of Vogue

Buy a Jason Wu dress

Shop at J. Crew

Watch Spike Lee’s “Do The Right Thing” on your first date with your future husband

Always hang our with your husband AND Valerie Jarrett, the perfect threesome

Roll your eyes at House Speaker John Boehner or the Danish prime minister

Challenge Desmond Tutu to a pushup contest

Hug, kiss and fist bump the President of the United States

Hug the Queen Mother

Shop at Target with sunglasses on

Make your husband stop smoking

Do the Dougie (with Jimmy Fallon)

Dine at Spiagga in Chicago

Say “never say never” to botox

Hang out in Hawaii for an extra week as an early birthday gift costing taxpayers millions more

Host the most popular boy band in the world at your daughters’ first party in their new home

Just keep on dancing…
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070990 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>

and you know how Bush was about making sure those who couldn't afford a home got one anyway. even those with "bad credit histories".
Actually that began with Clinton. Nice try.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070991 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You're way off there Jefro. Most 24 year olds are not white supremacist racist ignoramuses like you. Your thoughts and ideas are those of an ignorant old toothless uneducated redneck who is such a fkn loser that he wants to feel "speshull" just 'cause he's white.
You don't terrify me, I pity you. I only hope you don't have children that you have taught to be skinheads.
Lily gets in one more of her racist meltdowns prior to crawling on all fours to her Dixie Highway Happy Hour.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070992 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
"3) Having a ranking system whereby you have different words for prejudice against different groups which have different levels of seriousness, with racism against X having a less-damning word and racism against Y having a more-damning word, is itself racist, because you’re saying that some groups are more important and deserve more protection than others. It’s attaching a different value judgement to different races, as if non-whites are “worth more” and whites are just cannon fodder for equality. If racism is bad, then it’s bad for all races. White people have feelings too. Whether we’re a minority, a majority, powerful or powerless, we still exist and still have the right to exist as a people. We still have a culture and a heritage and an identity that we have the right to protect and assert in our own countries, and the right to be free from all forms of racism, institutional or otherwise.
4) White people only have power in some parts of the world, namely Europe, North America and Australasia. Other races have power in other parts of the world, namely Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia. So if I accept that there can’t be racism against the dominant group, and the dominant group in Europe, North America and Australasia happens to be white, then presumably the argument is “you can’t be racist against white people in Europe, North America and Australasia”. By this argument, there can be racism against white people in Africa, Central and South America, Polynesia, the Caribbean, the Middle East and East Asia (ie most of the world), since whites are not the dominant group there. The International watchdog Genocide Watch has been warning the whites in South Africa are facing genocide for a number of years. Whites do not have power in South Africa, and elected black politicians routinely sing the genocidal song “Kill the Boer” which incites blacks to kill whites. Presumably you can be racist against whites in South Africa, since whites are a minority there. They never clarify this, which makes their conception misleading. Because they only ever care about “racism” in white countries. They only ever want to undermine ethnic power-structures that benefit white people. They don’t criticise Arabs for having too much power in majority-Arab countries. They don’t criticise blacks for having too much power in majority-black countries. They don’t criticise Indians for having too much power in India."
Dr. King Shultz: How do you like the bounty hunting business?

Django: Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1070993 Jan 29, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn...you're nothing but another Obama apologist who would jump off the Golden Gate bridge before admitting this failure of a POTUS is responsible for anything negative.
But it's not negative. Not to them. Nothing he does is even questionable. What they can't understand is why everyone else isn't wetting themselves with devoted adoration.
I hope none of them abandons ship. Know what I mean?
Arte Z

Jamaica, NY

#1070994 Jan 29, 2014
She really comes off as a Marie Antoinette-type character that frivolously spends as the people suffer under the “King’s” iron rule. Instead of “let them eat cake” she says,“make them eat vegetables.”

I will be thankful when the media stops flashing pictures of her all over the news. Her shallowness is annoying and I find her really hard to look at. Man, is she one gigantic unattractive woman.

I’ve prepared my own list of ways you can celebrate Michelle Obama’s 50th birthday. I didn’t come up with fifty ways because she ain’t worth it.

1. Try to get rid of the retina burn from looking at Michelle by viewing pictures of Kate Upton. She’s been on the cover of Vogue too

2. Hang out with your friend that also wonders why Valerie Jarret is always in a threesome at the White House

3. Bang your head or rock out to Ted Nugent and Megadeth because they are outspoken Obama-haters

4. Eat something that doesn’t resemble vomit

5. Make sure all of your water consumption is coupled with hops and barley. In other words: drink a beer

6. Smoke a cigarette

7. Roll your eyes at every liberal/progressive/socialist you can find

8. Remember that Wonder Woman is an Amazon too and she’s hot!

9. Take vacation from reality and pretend Ronald Reagan is still president

10. Just keep telling yourself,“It’s only three more years. Three more years…”
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070995 Jan 29, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Get the fk off my tread you tea bag terrorist.
Notice they get all their info from YouTube videos? If it's a YouTube; it must be true;
'jes like the internets!!

She's living in fear of having to depend on a black nurses aide to change her shitty diaper!!
Paybacks a bytch!
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1070996 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a fkn fraud__get out of here scumbag troll.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Trojan 33,400
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 11,270
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Susanm 315,154
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May '17 Into The Night 258,461
More from around the web