Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1521736 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1070852 Jan 29, 2014
Obama’s recent job performance ratings have been lackluster, particularly among liberals.

In an AP-GfK poll this month, just 31 percent of Americans said they would rate Obama as an outstanding or above average president, down 6 percentage points since his 2012 re-election. A quarter described him as average, and 42 percent said he’s below average or poor.

Back in Tauber’s living room, there was no applause and few smiles after Obama finished his address.

“It was a typical mainstream centrist speech,” Deborah Shah, who leads the group Progressive Massachusetts, said as she headed for the door.“I’m generally underwhelmed.”

http://www.moneyandmarkets.com/news/tensions-...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1070853 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....know the person who votes...
and...
SCIENCE...
QUOTATION marks emphasized:
"About one-third of Americans in 2006 said that they believed that Astrology was at least 'sort of scientific'...."
Gawalt, J.(2008). "Science and Engineering Indicators: Vol 1".
pg 7-23
just like the religious cult freaks that vote...

keep running from your own words, little coward...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070854 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why do you folks cal her Carol? is she not honest about her own moniker also? how sad...how very sad.
"honest"? Did you say, "honest"? LOL ... Barack Hussein Obama: "Lie of the Year" ... and a cavalcade more during his Lie-athon last night ... LOL

St. Croix valley

#1070855 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If he did quit smoking, it was fairly recently. That means he smoked during his entire first term. But did you ever see him holding a cigarette? They kept it out of the public eye.
No one ever knew Jackie Kennedy Onassis was a fairly heavy smoker too. They just made sure the public never saw her smoking.
different world then and now..if Obama says he quit and he didn't it would be on the MSM in three seconds.

once again, you point out clearly how out of touch you are with the reality of todays world and how your own gov't works...sad. very sad...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1070856 Jan 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
....know the person who votes...
and...
SCIENCE...
"About one-third of Americans in 2006 said that they believed that Astrology was at least 'sort of scientific'...."
pg 7-23
"About two-thirds of Americans in 2006 said that they believed that 'forks_make_us_fat' was at least 'sort of insane'...."

pg 4-15
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070857 Jan 29, 2014
....We'll give you all the science you need...you give us your vote...

from 1992...

2001 people were surveyed...

To be scientific literate:
1) have a basic scientific vocabulary
2) min understanding of scientific inquiry
3) min understanding of the impact of science on our society

America scored a:
6.5 percent

Yager, R.(1996). "Science/Technology/Socie ty: As Reform in Science Education." State Univ of New York : Albany. pg 193

Bozeman, MT

#1070858 Jan 29, 2014
Piers Morgan: "Mediocre, disappointing speech. Lowlight: Obama's abject surrender on guns."
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070859 Jan 29, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Lawrence Welk Show__ROFLMAO
i'm going to have a blast with that one and the Champagne Music Makers at FOX.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070860 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you really need to keep the shiny side out on your tin foil helmet...
and how would having a nationalized health care system, which all across the globe gives people better care at lower costs be a redistribution of wealth?
you really shouldn't attempt to talk about issues you clearly do not understand...
except that the medical care is much worse and paid for by only a fraction of the population....

St. Croix valley

#1070861 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
air pollution is already regulated and reasonable air quality standards are being met....
but carbon dioxide emissions are not air pollution...
why not? how are they different from any other gas/

this should be funny to watch...can you wait till i make popcorn before you make a total ass of your self on this issue/

Bozeman, MT

#1070862 Jan 29, 2014
Can you say "Lame Duck?"

LOL

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1070863 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
did anybody watch???...
I considered watching but I was feeling so good I didn't want to kill it by watching something that I would just tick me off.

Location hidden

#1070864 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
The Proposed Republican Replacement For ObamaCare Is A Big Tax Hike
Yesterday, three Republican Senators — Tom Coburn (Okla.), Richard Burr (N.C.), and Orrin Hatch (Utah)– put forward a plan to “repeal and replace” the Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare. They call it the Patient CARE Act, and my colleague Avik Roy says it is “the most credible plan yet” offered by the GOP.
Except the Coburn-Burr-Hatch plan (read it here) amounts, among other things, to a big tax increase. The main way that it remains budget neutral is by making employer-provided health insurance plans, which are currently not taxed, partially taxable as income. In fact, this income replaces income that, under ObamaCare, comes from taxing companies, including the tax on medical device companies paid by firms like Medtronic MDT -0.51% and Stryker SYK -0.25%.
This fact has not escaped the notice of some prominent health reform allies.“It is a huge tax increase on workers without any confidence that they will be able to afford health insurance in the future,” says Bob Kocher, a partner at venture capital firm Venrock who previously worked in the Obama administration.
It is “essentially a very large Republican tax increase,” says Ezekiel Emanuel, the Diane V.S. Levy and Robert M. Levy University Professor of Medical Ethics and Health Policy at the University of Pennsylvania and another former Obama advisor.“It’s quite clear the plan is to put a bigger burden on middle class Americans.”
Here’s what the Senators propose: right now, health insurance is not taxed as income. This is arguably the original sin of the U.S. healthcare system, which has insulated consumers from health costs and allowed prices to skyrocket. During World War II, wages were frozen but pensions and benefits were exempted; in 1943 the Internal Revenue Service ruled that these benefits weren’t taxable, either.
Many health economists believe this is a bad thing, because it shields people from paying their own premiums, and Coburn, Burr, and Hatch deserve credit for tackling this head on. But that doesn’t make this any more politically workable – or appealing to those of us who get health insurance through our employers.
"" http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/201 ...
----------
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070865 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, let's dissect my post then and you tell me what isn't true.
Democrats put up the most resistance to Bush's warnings about the impending housing market crisis and reining in F&F.
(I have mucho evidence to prove this is true if you'd look at the videos and read the articles.)
Democrats had control of the purse strings two years preceding the recession.
(This is absolutely true. Democrats won back both houses in 2006.)
Obama spiked up the deficit to major proportions.
($17 trillion isn't enough spiking?)
The reality of Obamacare will sink in after March 31. If it fails, Obama will be blamed.
(How can this not be true?)
So what wasn't true? Speak up or shut up...as they say.
i seem to remember Bush resistance to a F&F reform bill that was co-sponsored by Barney Frank. but you know that already since i've only posted it 50 times!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#1070866 Jan 29, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 2 screen handles; one registered, and one not registered.
Some liberal dumbass continued to use my unregistered screen name so I had to register, but now I have forgotten my password because apparently that liberal dumbass left a long time ago.
Not smart enough to figure out how to reset your password? Why does that not surprise me.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1070867 Jan 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ZV2jvngnvqgXX
What a depressing song; so do you think Galt got restless? or was it because they took all the coal out of the ground? LOL

St. Croix valley

#1070868 Jan 29, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you believe in air pollution??
Aren't you the nitwit who hates the EPA for trying to control air pollution??
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Next Nobraina will believe in climate change!!
these nitwits often get trapped in their own flip-flop stupidity.
Esp. Nobraina.
it's fun watching these fools create their own noose, slip it over their own neck, and then twist in the wind of their own stupidity, isn't it?

Location hidden

#1070869 Jan 29, 2014
Tom Cole Warns Tea Party Groups That They Won't Succeed In Influencing Special Election

""
Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.), an ally of House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and frequent voice for moderation in the Republication caucus, said in an interview Tuesday that he doesn't think tea party-affiliated groups will succeed in influencing the special election for retiring Sen. Tom Coburn's (R-Okla.) Senate seat.

In an interview with Roll Call, Cole indirectly referred to groups such as the Senate Conservatives Fund and The Madison Project, which have encouraged Rep. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.) to enter the race.

“Groups coming from outside the state, coming to try and set the agenda, sorry,” Cole said.“You are welcome to come, but you ought to look at your track record.”""

----------

Teabagger Party will soon be as toxic as the Communist Party.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070870 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL; he's a sicko, posting all night homoerotic fantasies
Lcn ... as Patrick, Angela, or You?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1070871 Jan 29, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the "under god" part of the pledge (that destroyed the truth , beauty and cadence of our pledge) was added in response to the 'godless commie scare" of eh '50s as was putting "in god we trust" on our bills...
both area total abrogation of the first amendment...
www.onedollarbill.org/history. html&#8206;

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Susanm 313,951
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr As pharts 32,915
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 20 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr 20 DelucaKoehn 11
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Apr 18 RNC 11,137
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr 8 Allycat1999 290
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... Mar 25 BuzzerPhartss 2
More from around the web