Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1583769 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070628 Jan 29, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo! It's the same old "well, I've got mine, so screw you" in addition; having a Downs syndrome child would be a pre existing condition. Their alternative to Obamacare eliminates coverage if you have pre existing conditions. She's an idiot.
But will you still be covered for your alcoholism?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1070629 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
just wait until even more people figure this out....
and there is no food, no clothing, no energy, no housing......
yep....

... just wait...

... just wait...

... just wait....

reich wing mantra for threatening others when they don't get their way. they haven't left the playground.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070630 Jan 29, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's the jet stream booby, it's keeping you nice and warm while bringing cold air down from the Artic to the south and east.
keep it coming...love that global warming....golf later today....

(the word is "Arctic", booby)....

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1070631 Jan 29, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandmother smoked L&Ms all her life and died at 89.
Just how long do you clowns want to live? You can't live forever, you know. How much would the medical cost be if my grandmother lived to 100?
Live your life like you want. Die when you should die.
And, we don't need an Obama Death Panel to tell anyone their life isn't funded for the next year because some crackwhore needs an abortion.
your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""

Fits you perfectly, Traitor Dweeb
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070632 Jan 29, 2014
Dad Delivers State Of The Union Rebuttal Directly Into Television Screen

PHILADELPHIA—Reiterating numerous themes from last year’s rebuttal while offering several searing critiques of tonight’s speech, area dad Bill Shaw delivered his official response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address tonight directly into the television screen, household sources reported.“Well, there you go, folks—same canned lines we’ve been hearing for the last two years with a couple of empty nods to the little guy, just how I said it would be,” the area father of two said, squaring his body toward the front of the family room and looking directly into the television set as he delivered his impassioned thoughts on the issues of immigration, health care, the middle class, China, that holier-than-thou look Obama always has on his face, and the Toyota Prius.“Country’s a goddamn mess, and this is the explanation we get. Complete load of horseshit.” At press time, sources reported that although Shaw avoided major gaffes and missteps, the speech nevertheless fell short of the 2009 joint rebuttal delivered by Grandpa and Uncle Dan.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/dad-delivers...
TSM

United States

#1070633 Jan 29, 2014
Reid: Vulnerable Dems Should Not Run Away From President, I hope they take his advice!!
Remember the Prep Talk Pelosi gave to her colleagues in 2010,’ Pass Obamacare and they the American People will reward us,’ if my memory serves me Correctly it was a Total Wipe Out for Liberals/Democrats!!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070634 Jan 29, 2014
...voter intelligence on display....

in a 2007 PEW survey...

asked who is Harry Reid...

13.7 percent of Democrats knew who he was/title...
versus
16.7 percent of Republicans...

Fried, J.(2008). "Democrats and Republicans: Rhetoric and Reality"
algora publishing : United States, pg 65

Location hidden

#1070635 Jan 29, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I presented that joke a week ago.
Dweeb has never had an original thought.

He's just a parrot with schizophrenia.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070636 Jan 29, 2014
Fact vs. Fiction:

OBAMA: "We'll need Congress to protect more than 3 million jobs by finishing transportation and waterways bills this summer. But I will act on my own to slash bureaucracy and streamline the permitting process for key projects, so we can get more construction workers on the job as fast as possible."

THE FACTS: Cutting rules and regulations doesn't address what's holding up most transportation projects, which is lack of money. The federal Highway Trust Fund will run out of money in August without action. To finance infrastructure projects, Obama wants Congress to raise taxes on businesses that keep profits or jobs overseas, but that idea has been a political nonstarter.

The number of projects affected by the administration's efforts to cut red tape is relatively small. And the reason most of these projects are delayed is they don't have enough money. So it's great that you are expediting the review process, but the problem is we don't have enough money to invest in our infrastructure in the first place.

http://news.msn.com/us/fact-check-did-obama-g...

Good thing our president doesn't consider money as a factor in all of his utopian policies.

Good morning everyone.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1070637 Jan 29, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I got ten inches of climate on my front yard.
produce much solar power when the "climate" is falling???...

one wonders how long the radical left will be able to sell their global warming bullshit as an excuse for destroying the American economy.......

maybe until there is no coal-fired electric power and no fracking and natural gas rates go through the roof....

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1070638 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
" OMG OMG OMG OMG Bush changed an Act passed by Congress" OMG OMG OMG"

" OMG OMG Bush is a dictator & hates the Constitution OMG OMG OMG"

" OMG OMG OMG Bush thinks he can bypass Congress OMG OMG OMG"

You people are really dumber than sh*t.

Location hidden

#1070639 Jan 29, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts About Ex-Im Bank Loans To Support Petrobras's Purchases of Goods and Services Made by American Workers
BACKGROUND:
What is Ex-Im Bank? Ex-Im Bank is an independent federal agency that helps create and maintain U.S. jobs by filling gaps in private export financing at no cost to American taxpayers. The Bank provides a variety of financing mechanisms, including working capital guarantees, export-credit insurance, and financing to help foreign buyers purchase U.S. goods and services.
Ex-Im Bank operates without taxpayer funding and earns revenue that helps reduce the deficit. By charging fees and interest on all loan-related transactions, Ex-Im Bank is self-sustaining and is able to cover all operation costs and potential losses while also producing revenue. The Bank has generated $3.4 billion for U.S. taxpayers over the past five years.
http://www.exim.gov/newsandevents/Facts-About...
not subsidy.
Sonic, please don't feed the Troll

He rolls this stupidity out every few weeks.

then someone bats it down and he slinks off.

He's suffering from Obama induced insanity, it's getting worse

Yes, Dweeb's obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#1070640 Jan 29, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I got ten inches of climate on my front yard.
Climate is a funny name for a guy.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070641 Jan 29, 2014
...trust but verify....

from a 2006 PEW report...

"Democrats are TWICE AS LIKELY as Republicans to say they believe all or most of what these (NPR, and NewsHour with Jim Lehrer) outlets report..."

algora publishing : United States, pg 70

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070642 Jan 29, 2014
Fact vs. Fiction:

OBAMA: "More than 9 million Americans have signed up for private health insurance or Medicaid coverage."

THE FACTS: That's not to say 9 million more Americans have gained insurance under the law.

The administration says about 6 million people have been determined to be eligible for Medicaid since Oct. 1 and an additional 3 million roughly have signed up for private health insurance through the new markets created by the health care law. That's where Obama's number of 9 million comes from. But it's unclear how many in the Medicaid group were already eligible for the program or renewing existing coverage.

Likewise, it's not known how many of those who signed up for private coverage were previously insured. A large survey released last week suggests the numbers of uninsured gaining coverage may be smaller. The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index found that the uninsured rate for U.S. adults dropped by 1.2 percentage points in January, to 16.1 percent. That would translate to roughly 2 million to 3 million newly insured people since the law's coverage expansion started Jan. 1.

The facts just don't seem to be adding up to Obama's claims.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070643 Jan 29, 2014
...know who is in your audience...

2007 Gallup...

"By 57 to 30 percent, Democrats were more likely to believe in evolution"

algora publishing : United States, pg 71
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1070644 Jan 29, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
keep it coming...love that global warming....golf later today....
(the word is "Arctic", booby)....
It's called a typo booby, calm down. Yeah you all have it nice, we need the jet stream to flatten out and quit bringing super cold air this way.

Location hidden

#1070645 Jan 29, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
Fact vs. Fiction:
OBAMA: "We'll need Congress to protect more than 3 million jobs by finishing transportation and waterways bills this summer. But I will act on my own to slash bureaucracy and streamline the permitting process for key projects, so we can get more construction workers on the job as fast as possible."
THE FACTS: Cutting rules and regulations doesn't address what's holding up most transportation projects, which is lack of money. The federal Highway Trust Fund will run out of money in August without action. To finance infrastructure projects, Obama wants Congress to raise taxes on businesses that keep profits or jobs overseas, but that idea has been a political nonstarter.
The number of projects affected by the administration's efforts to cut red tape is relatively small. And the reason most of these projects are delayed is they don't have enough money. So it's great that you are expediting the review process, but the problem is we don't have enough money to invest in our infrastructure in the first place.
Good thing our president doesn't consider money as a factor in all of his utopian policies.
Good morning everyone.
Care to answer to your conflicting stories concerning Bin Laden??

Or are you trying to avoid the fact that you have two completely contradictory bs lines about hunting him down.

Let's review what Carol has said in regards to OBL:

Either any President would have given the order that Obama gave.

Or, Bush couldn't be bothered with Bin Laden, he had other things to deal with.

----------

which statement is true, Carol??

This is not going away. Every time you show up, this question will be here to remind you of what a freakin' liar you are.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1070646 Jan 29, 2014
....voters and intelligence...

NES survey...from 1955 throu 2004...

Percentage of men with a HS diploma

1955-64
D-43.9
R-56.2

1965-74
D-51.3
R-64.9

1975-84
D-62.8
R-80.1

1985-94
D-74.0
R-87.6

1995-2004
D-80.2
R-89.2

algora publishing : United States, pg 72

NES

"ANES is a collaboration of Stanford University and the University of Michigan, with funding by the National Science Foundation."
http://www.electionstudies.org/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070647 Jan 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>They've brought this Petrobras bs before.
They don't look at how it's financed or care. All they want is to tie it politically.
But that's ok. Like everything else, they're either superficial about their reality when facts are light on their side, or try to bury it deep if it cuts deep.
DB is just playing the troll. getting caught up in his BS is exactly what he wants. probably some form of compensation for something. kind of like the judge-its troll and it's masturbatory exercise of minimal proportions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr WillPhart 33,724
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr weaponX 316,372
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web