Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275089 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1069771 Jan 28, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Taliban must act and act immediately.
They will hand over the terrorists or they will share in their fate."
i.e. give us Bin Laden & we won't invade.
The war was about getting Bin Laden.
When you buddy said getting Bin Laden served no purpose, he said Bush's Afghanistan war served no purpose.
Instead of making a fool out of yourself, you can just admit getting in Laden did serve a purpose.
God! You are a friggin' moran!!!! You can't even read what is right in front of you!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1069772 Jan 28, 2014
This is America:

----------

U.S. Policy During the Holocaust:

The Tragedy of S.S. St. Louis

""The S.S. St. Louis, part of the Hamburg-America Line (Hapag), was tied up at Shed 76 awaiting its next voyage which was to take Jewish refugees from Germany to Cuba. Once the refugees arrived in Cuba they would await their quota number to be able to enter the United States. The black and white ship with eight decks held room for four hundred first-class passengers (800 Reichsmarks each) and five hundred tourist-class passengers (600 Reichsmarks each). The passengers were also required to pay an additional 230 Reichsmarks for the "customary contingency fee" which was supposed to cover the cost if there was an unplanned return voyage.1 As most Jews had been forced out of their jobs and had been charged high rents under the Nazi regime, most Jews did not have this kind of money. Some of these passengers had money sent to them from relatives outside of Germany and Europe while other families had to pool resources to send even one member to freedom.

On Saturday, May 13, 1939, the passengers boarded. Women and men; young and old. Each person who boarded had their own story of persecution.""

>>>They were turned away by the USA and Cuba<<<

"Having crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice, the passengers' original hopes of freedom in Cuba and the U.S. turned into a forlorn effort to escape sure death upon their return to Germany. Feeling alone and rejected by the world, the passengers returned to Europe in June 1939. With World War II just months away, many of these passengers were sent East with the occupation of the countries to which they had been sent."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1069773 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
He should cal for legalization. Society is so far ahead of current laws on same sex marriage, marijuana, etc., there's alot of catching up to do.
In case you hadn't noticed, polls show majority suppport in America for both issues.
We know how you morons love polls.
You give away your age, grayhead.
They have a long way to go before they're as dumb as hateful hebes like you.
Everyone knows if they put homosexual marriage to a vote it will not pass-look at the liberal states-even California would n't stand behind you freaks. Marijuana would not pass a vote either. Ah my age--I have heard it all before--must be old if you are against liberalism. I may go grey some day--but it ain't happening now:) The liberal Jews are haters-I agree-keep calling them hebes as in jebbies.

Prevented this

#1069774 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
For a tiny illegal State,WVA sure has more than it's share of crazy people.
Other than Flake, that is.
Could it be all the pollution from mountaintop coal mining without regulation, fouling valleys and water supplies, leaking poisons into rivers without regulation, nitwits drowning themselves in a mudpuddle, and people murdering their neighbors left and right.
Yet Flake wonders why we're so amused by his dum-de-dum-dum.
Negroes and Ilegals in Chicago use the same guns to kill their own--normally they use the same gun several times. And yet they are all products of liberalism--why is that?

Location hidden

#1069775 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> He will be found not guilty.
For murdering two men on their property??

Charged with 1st Degree Murder??

If he gets off, it only proves how crazy WVA is, something we've been telling you for years.

After all, you're the folks who elected Robert Byrd to the Senate over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Then you whine about him being a Dem and in the KKK!!

Hell, the KKK part was why you rednecks kept re-electing him1!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1069777 Jan 28, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"sonic"
A couple of things you failed to offer;
1 - It affects no contracts currently in effect
2 - New contracts will reflect the ruling so costs will be higher. Costs paid by the American tax payer
Peace
KMAQ
Libtards don't care about costs Easy. It's not their money they are spending. However if it is their money you haven't seen a bigger bunch of tightwads. You need a crowbar to pry it out of their hands if it's their money. They will rip you too if given a chance. You got to watch them like a hawk!!!!

Prevented this

#1069778 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As a Jew, you think it's ok to insult and attack muslims??
If so, why do you hebes whine when the insults and attacks are aimed at you??
Seems you'd know better by now. Your people have been attacked and murdered by Christians in many nations over the last 2 centuries.
You really think they won't come after you when they're done with the muslims??
You're really stupid. There is a deep anti-semitism in America that has been there from the start.
Look into the Jewish refugee ships turned away from America in WWII. Should give you an idea what Americans really think of Jews. They were willing to let Hitler kill the refugees.
Yes the democrat president was willing to let Hitler kill the Jews--we all know that. As a matter of fact he let Hitler kill Polish, Russians, Christians-and embraced Hitler and the Moslems that Hitler was working with--that is what the party of Democrats do. They did it then--and they do it now. The facts are the facts-16 out of 21 schools waiting to become Charter Schools are Islamist schools, they will fail and the tax payer will have to pick up the tab to teach hatred to America.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1069779 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I hate to bust your bubble but the reason for the losses,mostly, was because he was going to be elected. Businesses started to hunker down and cut the deadwood. I know because where I was working and the companies I delivered to where doing the same thing. They stopped all unnecessary spending. You multiply that across the country and I'm surprised the numbers weren't even larger. And yes the first to go were the poorest, less educated workers. I felt sorry for them. One of the reasons I decided to retire. Not the only reason but one of them.
i hear you talking.....

why is it you nutjobs think that your opinions are fact? if they did Obama wouldn't be in the WH.

Prevented this

#1069780 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
This is America:
----------
U.S. Policy During the Holocaust:
The Tragedy of S.S. St. Louis
""The S.S. St. Louis, part of the Hamburg-America Line (Hapag), was tied up at Shed 76 awaiting its next voyage which was to take Jewish refugees from Germany to Cuba. Once the refugees arrived in Cuba they would await their quota number to be able to enter the United States. The black and white ship with eight decks held room for four hundred first-class passengers (800 Reichsmarks each) and five hundred tourist-class passengers (600 Reichsmarks each). The passengers were also required to pay an additional 230 Reichsmarks for the "customary contingency fee" which was supposed to cover the cost if there was an unplanned return voyage.1 As most Jews had been forced out of their jobs and had been charged high rents under the Nazi regime, most Jews did not have this kind of money. Some of these passengers had money sent to them from relatives outside of Germany and Europe while other families had to pool resources to send even one member to freedom.
On Saturday, May 13, 1939, the passengers boarded. Women and men; young and old. Each person who boarded had their own story of persecution.""
>>>They were turned away by the USA and Cuba<<<
"Having crossed the Atlantic Ocean twice, the passengers' original hopes of freedom in Cuba and the U.S. turned into a forlorn effort to escape sure death upon their return to Germany. Feeling alone and rejected by the world, the passengers returned to Europe in June 1939. With World War II just months away, many of these passengers were sent East with the occupation of the countries to which they had been sent."
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/H...
Franklin D. Roosevelt, DEMOCRAT.

Location hidden

#1069782 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Pat Tillman was more than likely killed by the Afghanistan moslem pretending to be working with the Americans, as in Afghan security forces. No one should have thought the moslems were our friends.
Tillman was killed by Americans.

You come here to lie and nothing else.

And you're really dumb.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1069783 Jan 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Carol? Who brings in even more money for the Republicans? Well, the Koch brothers, who want weaker environmental laws so that they can rape and pillages God's creation for profit without any thought to the effects they have on the rest of us. The Walton's who live in the lap of luxury while their employees are paid poverty level wages and have to rely on public assistance to make ends meet. Companies like Bank of America who want less oversight allowing them to screw over the American people.
Unions have the same rights to support whatever candidates and party they choose. At least with the unions they're fighting for working people and not against them like the Mitt Romney's of the world.
School voucher programs are a hoax that siphon taxpayer money to schools that have a largely religious agenda. Bobby Jindal and his DOE director John White's voucher program is a perfect example. The New Living Word voucher school was so blatantly fraudulent that even John White was forced to admit that it should not continue. But that did not prevent dozens of other highly questionable schools, as indicated by the recent state audit from continuing to pad their budgets using voucher money. New Living Word and others like it, demonstrate clearly that just giving parents a "choice" of what to do with our tax money is not anything close to school reform!
The Koch brothers, the Heritage Foundation, the DeVos (Amway) family, the Walton family (Walmart) and right-wing front groups have been behind the push for so-called choice schools. Now that several states, like Wisconsin, are controlled by the new far-right Republican Party, they are pushing vouchers as never before. And the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), of course, has provided the model legislation.
The choice movement not only views public schools as monopolies run by teachers unions, but a sizable faction disagrees with what's taught evolution, the history of labor, sex education and other topics abhorred by the far right. And since they can't often get their way with publicly elected school boards, bolstering private schools where they can set the agenda with taxpayers' money is a dream come true.
It's just another example of the far right wanting to use taxpayer money to preach their agenda.
if public schools cleaned up their act, fired the dead wood, and demanded performance from both teachers and students...then there would be little need for school vouchers, charter schools, and the like...

just like any other business, incompetent, lazy, and indifferent employees need to be fired...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1069784 Jan 28, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>One must keep in mind that teabagging Repubs are absolutley incapable of accepting responsibilty for ANYTHING.....EVER.
As long as there is somewhere else to point the finger no matter how implausibly even if lies and distortion must come into play to do it they will never accept the blame.
(Another reason learning from their own mistakes is not one of their strengths).
Which may be a factor in their illustrious history of being judged unfit to lead as of late...though it is unlikely they will make that connection.
lol! Look at sequestration.

They hailed it as a victory.

Then tried to back peddle when they actually had to do something!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1069785 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> God! You are a friggin' moran!!!! You can't even read what is right in front of you!!!!!
I can read just fine.

A simple question. Was the killing of Bin Laden important or was it a waste of time like your buddy aid.

Location hidden

#1069786 Jan 28, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the democrat president was willing to let Hitler kill the Jews--we all know that. As a matter of fact he let Hitler kill Polish, Russians, Christians-and embraced Hitler and the Moslems that Hitler was working with--that is what the party of Democrats do. They did it then--and they do it now. The facts are the facts-16 out of 21 schools waiting to become Charter Schools are Islamist schools, they will fail and the tax payer will have to pick up the tab to teach hatred to America.
Wow!! You're crazier than Dweeb!!

"Let Hitler??" You mean there wasn't a War on to stop Hitler?? We weren't fighting in Asia, Africa, Europe??

I think it was called a World War!! It took years before we could invade Europe and stop Hitler.
And you say FDR "Let Hitler"??

You're a freakin' head case!!

Reminds me of your 'no such thng as preventative medicine' stupidity that you dropped after I kicked you around over it.
----------

your Obama induced insanity is getting worse

Yes, you've obviously got acute schizophrenia blues.

""People with schizophrenia may not make sense when they talk. Sometimes people with schizophrenia seem perfectly fine until they talk about what they are really thinking.""
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1069787 Jan 28, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure nitwit it's all on Obama that the House GOP has been resisting legislation to raise the minimum wage to a livable level and make it less profitable for companies to ship jobs overseas where they pay slave wages and don't have to worry about those pesky environmental and worker safety regulations.
You're an idiot Carol!
clearly, you understand why jobs go overseas...but your solution is to do more of the same so that more jobs are driven overseas....

how do you propose to "make it less profitable for companies to ship jobs overseas"???...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1069788 Jan 28, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
Last day to enter the lottery.
How man times will Obama lie n the State of the Union Address tonight?
I've got eleven. Obama will lie eleven times tonight.
How many times did bushie boy claim he would find wmd's in iraq?

Well, I know it's so many no one can keep track!

Prevented this

#1069789 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Libtards don't care about costs Easy. It's not their money they are spending. However if it is their money you haven't seen a bigger bunch of tightwads. You need a crowbar to pry it out of their hands if it's their money. They will rip you too if given a chance. You got to watch them like a hawk!!!!
Liberals think charity is spending tax payer money.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1069790 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's a 'seller's market' because people are fleeing places like California, New York, and Illinois.
lol! You do know calling an area a 'seller's market' it means the seller's determine the price right?

Because demand is high?

No... no... I'm sure you didn't!!!

I love this comedy channel!!!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1069791 Jan 28, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I hate to bust your bubble but the reason for the losses,mostly, was because he was going to be elected. Businesses started to hunker down and cut the deadwood. I know because where I was working and the companies I delivered to where doing the same thing. They stopped all unnecessary spending. You multiply that across the country and I'm surprised the numbers weren't even larger. And yes the first to go were the poorest, less educated workers. I felt sorry for them. One of the reasons I decided to retire. Not the only reason but one of them.
Wow.

It wasn't the recession that started 4th quarter of 2007.

It wasn't the housing collapse.

It wasn't Bush telling us that if we didn't fork over 750 billion that our financial system would collapse.

It wasn't a sinking stock market.

It was because Barack Obama might be elected resident.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1069792 Jan 28, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Tillman was killed by Americans.
You come here to lie and nothing else.
And you're really dumb.
it's pretty funny to watch. you should try dealing with one of those sort face to face. i've never seen someone get so angry about facts. screaming red in the face rednecks. and then when you laugh in their face....you better hope there's a cop nearby. pretty much the reason i got a carry permit. they all carry guns so it seemed prudent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 min Insults Are Easier 247,280
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 min SpaceBlues 6,833
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr _Bad Axe 310,476
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr tom wingo 29,915
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 16 Doctor Justice_ 201,862
More from around the web