Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1566416 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070369 Jan 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't know then you haven't been paying attention to the thread. Not going to bother explaining it to you.
Did I just ruffle your Down Feathers?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1070370 Jan 28, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
So is anyone going to actually watch the "LIAR of the YEAR" tonight?
Not me. I already know what an Azzhole sounds like.

Larry Sinclair explained it in gory detail.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1070371 Jan 28, 2014
OMG, Bonkers Barry has the nerve to mention changing tax laws as an incentive to increase American manufacturing, what's this Bozo done in the last 5 years? No frikkin' way is he going to lower taxes, lying douchebag.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1070372 Jan 28, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh sweetie, you don't even know enough about your won nation to be called a citizen...don't pretend you even care about this speech, or understand any of it....
Well, my eyeballs didn't roll even once. Not sure what that means. The first time in five years that didn't happen whenever this president opened his mouth to speak.

Maybe it was just boring. But I switched channels halfway through it to watch House Hunters. That's never happened before either..switching channels during a SOTU.

Hmmm...must be boredom.

Orlando, FL

#1070373 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I found him to be a saint of progressive politics and an inspirational songwriter.
When I got older and wiser, I only looked upon him as a great songwriter.
Songwriters make lousy social commentators and even worse political leaders because they have their head in the clouds with their butts over a barrel.
Not my version of a better future.
Perspective is critically important. Ol' Blue eyes is loved by millions - including me - but I also understand that he hung with Mafioso, sung at Mafia weddings and at Mafia nightclubs in pre-Castro Cuba. I see him for what he was.
Carol King used to be high on my list of admirable entertainers but have you ever heard her talk sociopolitics? She's a cute dog on a leash. Nothing more. Enjoy her music and discard the rest. Perspective, again.
Pete was a Marxist crooner. A damned good one.
My opinion exactly. Down to the last word. We must be on the same psychic/cosmic wavelength. What color are you thinking of right now?

“you know i know”

denver

#1070374 Jan 28, 2014
The SOTU address by Barry Bongo, let me summarize.

"Good evening my fellow Americans, blab, blab, blab, wealth disparity, blab, blab, blab, tax the rich, blab, blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, lack of opportunity, blab,blab,blab, Rush hates me, blab,bab,blab, Fox News, blab,blab,blab, obstructionist republicans, blab,blab,blab, work with congress, blab,blab,blab, create jobs, blab,blab,blab, George Custer, blab,blab,blab, Trayvon Martin, blab,blab,blab, Herbert Hoover, blab,blab,blab, George Bush, blab,blab,blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab, the rich have too much,blab,blab,blab, globall warming, blab, blab, blab, Bush recession, blab,blab,blab,$480 billion jobs program, blab,blab,blab, lobster and arugula, blab,blab,blab, where's Bengazi, blab,blab,blab, what IRS scandal, blab,blab,blab.

Thank you and good night.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070375 Jan 28, 2014
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Phenomenal speech! Loved it
How did the rest of your fellow mental patients like it?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070376 Jan 28, 2014
Not Surprized wrote:
Not Surprized aka known as the stalker WAXYWAXTURD topix troll clusterfvck, same troll-multiple id's==Delusional army of one!
'l
Not Surprized! LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070377 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Last night, before I ran into your inop link, I downloaded my gas, electric and phone bills in PDF.
Maybe my computer doesn't care for Liberal Hogwash?
ignoring the truth won't make it go away.

http://armedservices.house.gov/index.cfm/pres...

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi20...

Orlando, FL

#1070378 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Liar-In-Chief, the 2013 Liar of the Year Award Winner gives a speech tonight.
How heartwarming! How inspirational!
Makes me want to re-read Karl Marx's Das Kapital and Hitler's Mein Kampf all over again.:)
At least he's running out of steam. And didn't say much to reassure Democrats up for reelection they have a better chance.

That's a positive thing. The silver lining, as it were.

But he didn't mention killing small businesses and killing jobs and didn't have a thing to say about the number of college graduates who are working jobs they didn't need a college education for after spending all that money they can't pay back.

But ask any liberal...it's all good.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070379 Jan 28, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for the list of the Canadian's socks
Patrick? Angela? Patricangela? Patricangelily? Pompanoboca socks? LOL
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070380 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
the lib sites are quite surprised. and very pleased.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070381 Jan 28, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>How many lies did Obama tell in an hour? How many made up people did he talk about? How can Obama make a statement like because of ObamaKare 'zero' people will lose their health insurance when eight million already did?
8 million?

the drama king.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070382 Jan 28, 2014
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP has as many rebuttals tonight as you have socks.
LIE OF THE YEAR
I post only post as Waxman
LOLOLOLOLOL
Took 3 speakers to rebut all of his lies.

How many of his pledges from last year have been met?

Zero, zero. The boy blunder will do nothing.
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070383 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
It's your vodka!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070384 Jan 28, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I admit it -- got a little carried away.
Also perhaps too mean-spirited referring to this president as the President of the Liberal Loony Tunes who live in the United States.
Should have just said The President of the Liberals in the United States.
But do you still want to fundamentally transform the nation? Because I don't think I could take too much more transformation. We're starting to look like plastic surgery gone wrong.
Once gone forward it's very hard to go back.

so what happened to all the talk in Congress of repealing the ACA?
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1070385 Jan 28, 2014
<quoted text>
Why did you watch it? You're a sick woman.
Then keep your snockered mug away from your mirror.

“you know i know”

denver

#1070386 Jan 28, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Citing executive privilege, President George W. Bush on Wednesday rejected a subpoena for his close adviser Karl Rove to testify to the Senate Judiciary Committee in a probe over fired federal prosecutors.
The committee had subpoenaed Rove to testify at a hearing on Thursday morning in its investigation of the firing last year of nine federal prosecutors, which critics said was prompted by partisan politics.
"Mr. Rove, as an immediate presidential advisor, is immune from compelled congressional testimony about matters that arose during his tenure and that relate to his official duties in that capacity," White House Counsel Fred Fielding wrote in a letter to Senate Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy, a Vermont Democrat. Leahy made the letter available to Reuters.
Bush's move sets up a possible court showdown between the White House and Democratic lawmakers, who have also sought to force other Bush aides to testify and demanded documents it says the White House is not releasing.
Democrats say the firings may have been intended to influence investigations of Democratic or Republican lawmakers.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/gover...
wanna explain your hypocrisy?
Barry Bloviator's hypocrisy is the subject, pay attention.

Orlando, FL

#1070387 Jan 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say " getting around a divided Congress and boosting middle-class prosperity on Tuesday..."???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
He also said he would cut the deficit in half during his first year in office. He also said that if you like your doctor....that Benghazi was the result of a viral anti-Muslim video....
He'd also like to sell you a real live Unicorn with an embroidered saddle for little girls....
Funny that Obama spent the last five years building a wall to divide Congress but can't figure out for the life of him why Congress is divided.

LCN probably knows why. We'll ask him. He'll probably say it's because the Democrats welcomed the Republicans input on writing a major health care reform that would affect all of us and made sure enough of them were on board without having to make back room deals with even moderate Democrats just to get it passed on a strict party line.

He'll think that's the right answer though. Maybe we should ask someone else.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1070388 Jan 28, 2014
Top five things Republicans hated in the State of the Union speech

There's nothing like watching the applause lines in a State of the Union speech to see what brings members of Congress to their feet.

So, what made Democrats stand and cheer while Republicans sat on their hands? In no particular order:

Ending poverty.
Equal pay for equal work.
Affordable health care for all Americans.
Raising the minimum wage.
Ending war.

What else?

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/01/28/1273...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Dr Z 315,295
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr superwilly 258,479
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr YouPharted 33,434
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jul 23 Into The Night 11,293
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 12 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul 1 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web