Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383693 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1069610 Jan 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that Obama inherited a federal deficit of $1.2 trillion on the day he was sworn in last year.
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/02/a-texas-size...
and why is that?
Don’t Blame Obama for Bush’s 2009 Deficit
http://www.cato.org/blog/dont-blame-obama-bus...
looks more like 1.4 trillion on that chart.
I believe you mean the Bush, Reid and Pelosi's $1.2 trillion dollar deficit, all 3 signed the bailout, have you forgotten? Bush was forced to save the country after the demorat authored mortgage disaster hit, have you forgotten that too?

You may want to get checked for dementia.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1069611 Jan 27, 2014
Nostrils Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You Demo-Krauts started the KKK.
Is that all you can do is rehash the overplayed race card, dingbat?
lol!.... said the ruskie!

“you know i know”

denver

#1069612 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't read the article did you?
"The deficit is less than half the record $1.413 trillion figure Mr. Obama and President George W. Bush SHARED in fiscal year 2009." Have you forgotten that it was the Geoge W. Bush administration that wrote the budget for fiscal year 2009?
"As a percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the deficit fell to 4.1 percent, representing a reduction of more than half from the deficit that the administration inherited when the president took office in 2009.”
"Meanwhile, taxes have grown to $2.774 trillion, marking an all-time high and signaling that personal and business incomes are beginning to recover from the recession."
Granted, the bipartisan Budget Control Act passed in 2011 was partially responsible, despite republican efforts to halt cuts to the military, but Obama's insistance on raising taxes in the “fiscal cliff” deal made the difference. Proving that you can't have spending cuts without at least some tax increases.
"White House budget director Sylvia Mathews Burwell said the figures mean Mr. Obama has made good on his pledge to cut the deficit in half."
What's not to brag about?
I repeat, Barry and Harry raised it to trillion dollar deficts, what's there to brag about? Finally, despite Barry and Harry it's coming down, not because of them , in spite of them.
It's still obscenely high,$680 billion is nothing to crow about.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1069613 Jan 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
some ahole nutjob told me it was increasing. i shot a hole in his head. figuratively of course.
that's definitely worth bragging about. and considering it looks like Obama will end up with a surplus, i've got more bullets in the gun.
not a chance in hell....

“you know i know”

denver

#1069614 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"The deficit is less than half the record $1.413 trillion figure Mr. Obama and President George W. Bush SHARED in fiscal year 2009." Have you forgotten that it was the Geoge W. Bush administration that wrote the budget for fiscal year 2009?
"As a percent of Gross Domestic Product (GDP), the deficit fell to 4.1 percent, representing a reduction of more than half from the deficit that the administration inherited when the president took office in 2009.”
"Meanwhile, taxes have grown to $2.774 trillion, marking an all-time high and signaling that personal and business incomes are beginning to recover from the recession."
Granted, the bipartisan Budget Control Act passed in 2011 was partially responsible, despite republican efforts to halt cuts to the military, but Obama's insistance on raising taxes in the “fiscal cliff” deal made the difference. Proving that you can't have spending cuts without at least some tax increases.
"White House budget director Sylvia Mathews Burwell said the figures mean Mr. Obama has made good on his pledge to cut the deficit in half."
I'll assume you've forgotten Barry the campaigner[and liar in chief] said he'd cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term?

How close did he come?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1069615 Jan 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
proving how stupid you are....
lol! Reich wingers try their darnedest to corner that market son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1069616 Jan 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Watched the video. Bush's own words: "The idea of focusing on one person really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person."
He also explained that bin Laden had not been heard of for some time, that he could be hiding in a cave if he was even alive or on the run.
But Bush was exactly right...that to focus on just one person as the only face of terrorism indicates people don't understand the scope of it.
I'm still waiting for those bushie boy wmd's son.

Has he found them yet?

“you know i know”

denver

#1069617 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Smoke and mirrors.
"Wisconsin is PROJECTED to have a $1 billion surplus at the end of the two-year budget period covering July 2013 to July 2015 -- almost all of it because tax collections are rising faster than expected, according to the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau." Not exactly a bird in the hand.
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 1/22/14:
Walker would also put more than $100 million more into the state's rainy-day fund, which currently holds about $279 million.
But his overall plan would leave the state in worse financial shape in the long term. Walker said his plan would add perhaps $100 million to the $725 million shortfall projected for the next two-year budget by the nonpartisan Legislative Fiscal Bureau."
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 5/28/13: Wisconsin Ranks 49th In Economic Outlook. The state was one of only five states with a projected economic contraction in the last six months of 2013.
AND, Wisconsin dropped from 44th place to 50th in private sector job creation.
I would say that Walker looks pretty damn foolish and destructive. Unlike Obama, who has our country back on track after the Bush train wreck.
So, on the one hand Barry the liar in chief gets all the credit and on the other hand Walker gets none? I sense some hypocrisy.

Democrats talk to Scott Walker about Wisconsin surplus | Daily ...
www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/.../Democrats-... ;
6 days ago - Democratic legislative leaders asked Gov. Scott Walker during a private meeting Tuesday to use a $977 million budget surplus to eliminate a ...

Seems the dems agree there's a billion dollar surplus, they already want to spend it.

You never did tell me where you put your savings, in the bank?

And where are them jobs Barry promised?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1069618 Jan 27, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Powerful men using impressionable young women for sexual gratification is the real war on women.
Bill Clinton waged a real war on women.
Liberal women want taxpayers to pay for their birth control while paying for their abortions.
Democrats are very confused people.
.. while reich wing men simply want them to let it happen.

... unless you're Larry Craig... or Foley.... or....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1069619 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

One of the smartest investments we made was to buy a four bedroom home for my son when he went to college. His three roommates paid rent equal to the PITI and we made a handsome profit when we sold it. It's the only way to go.
you may have succeeded at this, but most people lose at such arrangements, primarily because the "roommates" don't pay the rent and the houses are trashed after four years...

“you know i know”

denver

#1069620 Jan 27, 2014
Wisconsin budget surplus tops $977 million; Walker to unveil tax cut ...
www.startribune.com/politics/national/2405169... ;
Star Tribune
Jan 16, 2014 - MADISON, Wis.— Wisconsin's budget surplus was projected Thursday to reach nearly $1 billion, money that Gov. Scott Walker and ..

Republican Walker has succeeded and Demorat Barry has failed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1069621 Jan 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you mean the Bush, Reid and Pelosi's $1.2 trillion dollar deficit, all 3 signed the bailout, have you forgotten? Bush was forced to save the country after the demorat authored mortgage disaster hit, have you forgotten that too?
the 2009 deficit included Porkulus, and was Obama's deficit, not Bush's.....

blame Bush for the bank bailout, but blame Obama for the auto bailout and Porkulus...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1069622 Jan 27, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
What democrat authored disaster?

There was only the capitalistic greed and the GLB by Phil Gramm that created the problems son.

You should get out of fantasy land!

“you know i know”

denver

#1069623 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the TARP bailout has been returned to the government:

TARP bailout close to breaking even - CNN Money
money.cnn.com/2012/12/19/.../tarp-breaking-ev... ;
CNNMoney.com
Dec 19, 2012 - The TARP bailout fund, which pumped nearly $500 billion into the ... The big banks had already paid back their loans, and last week, the ...

How much of Barry and Harry's obscene deficits has been repaid?

Zero.

I'm amazed libs aren't giving Reid and Pelosi credit for saving the country.

“you know i know”

denver

#1069624 Jan 27, 2014
UidiotRaceMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>i disagree with you with passing With Gramm-leech-bliley Act that killed the Glass Steagal Act , this gave way for Financial malfeance/corruption/crookenes s ,as the crooked/greedy banksters took advantage and issued gimmicky home Mortgage loans called the NINA loans, subprime loans... sure did a quite a number , fooled the underclass and middle Class into applying for these predatory loans... man you ignorant!.
Those 2 laws had nothing to do with the dems forcing sub prime loans on the banks, man you stupid.

“you know i know”

denver

#1069625 Jan 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
NPR- Consulate Attack Preplanned, Libya's President Says: http://www.npr.org/2012/09/16/161228170/consu...
September 16, 2012 7:24 AM
"Libya's president says he believes al-Qaida is behind a deadly attack in eastern Libya that killed U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other U.S. staffers."
[I ask if this attack was over an anti-Muslim film that sparked violent protests across the Muslim world. He shakes his head.]
"The idea that this criminal and cowardly act was a spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous," he says. "We firmly believe that this was a precalculated, preplanned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the U.S. Consulate."
The attackers used the protesters outside the consulate as a cover, he says.
"The intention was there from the beginning, for it to take this ugly barbaric, criminal form," he says."
Note the above story date. The Magic Negro is a lying Islamic dog-eater.
Exactly why Hussein hid in the bedroom for 4 1/2 hours.

“you know i know”

denver

#1069626 Jan 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Michigan, too. We have a $980 million surplus with a Republican governor and Legislature. Democrats are already grumbling about spending it on more Social Programs(gets them reelected every time).
I hear Ohio is doing well under republican governor Kasich, and of course leading all states is republican Texas.

“you know i know”

denver

#1069627 Jan 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a Foxbot parrot. Incapable of comprehending facts. Go to bed. You are obviously suffering from sleep deprivation.
FACT: The president was in the White House. He was not "missing".
FACT: The President and those in his administration did not lie.
You are just too stupid to recognize when you have been fed a line of bull.
Of course they lied, they take their cues from the liar in chief B. Hussein, the lair of the year. Yes Hussein was in the WH, hiding in his bedroom.

“you know i know”

denver

#1069628 Jan 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>What democrat authored disaster?
There was only the capitalistic greed and the GLB by Phil Gramm that created the problems son.
You should get out of fantasy land!
The demorat authored mortgage disaster, did you sleep thru it?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1069629 Jan 27, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you guys are always overestimating your influence.
i can't wait for another election night on FOX like that last one.
it's going to be just like 2012. Fox will insist that Hillary will lose. nutjobs will follow the pied piper. Hill will win anyway. the excuse fest will follow in close order. Topix nutjobs will all change their names so no one can throw their stupid insistence back in their face. Homer will cut to the bone with droll comments. the rest of the sane folks will follow his lead. your anger will be out of control. we will all laugh the harder. and wait to do it all over again for her second term.
sounds like fun doesn't it?
Hee, Hee.

She's already started her Apology Tour over Benghazi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 255,312
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 10 hr Into The Night 9,637
News Four Halton field lacrosse teams heading to OFSAA 16 hr predators still o... 1
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Fri cpeter1313 311,215
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Thu Financial Consult... 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu Trojan 32,267
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) May 23 Ceren 39
More from around the web