Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1460333 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1068843 Jan 26, 2014
would want

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1068844 Jan 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
More fixation on sex from the Topix right wing perverts.
"emeemshit"
I did not bring up the topic. One of your brethren, a liberal loon, brought up willies sick behavior.
I just set the record straight.
Peace
KMA
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1068845 Jan 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Any kid of this old fossil must be a tranny reject like it's father.
Could you imagine being a kid of this freak DumbDave?
At a minimum, his kid must be one of the biggest bullshitter fake people in the lowlife Demo-Kraut hood.
A know-it-all that doesn't know how to add oil to his lawn mower.
lol! You're certainly an American reject son!
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068846 Jan 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless Ted Cruz! You morons deserve him.
I know libtard! The NAZI Party you belong to will never accept diversity.

Worse yet, he's a Hispanic minority you hate.

Now if he was a liberaltard like you that would be like awesome.

Like really cool man, eh libtard?

You really have fun with black people that don't follow the NAZI cult of yours, don't you?

Why don't you tell us about Allen West?

You must "hate" him too, right fascist?

You are an idiot, Grey Ghost.
P N A

Satellite Beach, FL

#1068847 Jan 26, 2014
Lcn wrote:
<quoted text>
did not work out well for the GOP...
Barack Hussein Obama: did not work out well for the USA
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068848 Jan 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Gee son. With you people hating your friends and enemies, it'll be pretty lonesome!
How is your relationship with your kids, tales from the crypt man?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1068849 Jan 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when you have nothing to say, you should learn to STFU and not show yourself to be the senile old fool that you are...
under Bush, homeowners, as well as stockholders, lost absolutely nothing unless they chose to sell.....except for the fools who never should have been homeowners to begin with.....
under Carter, runaway inflation destroyed the savings of many Americans....
under Obama, the middle class is getting screwed by ObamaKKKare and will punish the DemoKKKRats in November 2015
You're insane. The inflation allowed retired people to make 14% on CD's!! My grandmother made a killing during the inflation of 1979-81. It's not like retirees spend all their assets at once,you nitwit!

Inflation allows people to pay off debts with inflated dolllars, making long term purchases like cars and homes cheaper. It only hurts new purchasers.

Inflation is good for those with money and those paying off old debt. Bad for those looking to incur new debt.

You're really dumb.

To say it destroyed the saving of anyone proves how stupid you are, Nobraina. The period was littered with COLA's, retirees were easily able to keep up with inflation while it lasted.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068850 Jan 26, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone here doubt that Cruz would have taken credit for the shutdown if it had worked and led to scrapping Obamacare instead of blowing up in his face?
by November, DemoKKKrats will regret not going along with Cruz, as the middle class votes them out of office for screwing them on ObamaKKKare...
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068851 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
would want
What "would want" libtard?

A chance to go back and not make the poor decisions you or your parents made as Demo-Krauts?

You could have changed that yourself, so don't blame your single parent household you grew up in Commie...

You ended up being an Obama voting liberal moron.

Would have, could have.

You made your bed.

“Amor patriae.”

Eastern Oregon

#1068852 Jan 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to belittle Bill Clinton's philandering but Monica did admit to being the aggressor in the relationship. She admitted to trying to seduce him every chance she could get....even after he ended it. As New Yawk said, Bill Clinton was a man in power who "chose" to allow himself to be seduced. As the saying goes, It Takes Two To Tangle.
Clinton's a snatch hound. All she had to do was lock eyes for four seconds. It was logistics from that point forward. Don't you think it ceases to be a seduction if he allowed it to happen?
Yes, it takes two to tango.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068853 Jan 26, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i would think you would someone who could win.
that's where Galt differs with you...Galt wants a candidate who will uphold Constitutional principles, not a Demo-lite....

no point in "winning" if your candidate is no different than the opposition...

besides, Republicans lost twice in a row with RINOs....

Spokane, WA

#1068855 Jan 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what those 30 bills you keep referencing represent partisan insanity. The Senate has far more important issues with which to concern themselves.
You would have to be an idiot to believe that the Senate is going to bother to vote on the Republican "Protect Life Act"(H.R. 358) or "Repealing the Job-Killing Health Care Act" (H.R. 2) or "Respect for Marriage Act" (H.R. 1116). Use some common sense.
Here are some statistics which may help you realize how insignificant those 30 bills are and help you put things into perspective and grasp why not all bills are presented for discussion.
Bills status according to congressional terms:
106th (1999-2000) 7460 introduced; 922 made it to committee; 28 failed; 558 enacted.
107th (2001-2002) 7750 introduced; 841 made it to committee; 5 failed; 350 enacted.
108th (2003-2004) 7045 introduced; 932 made it to committee; 13 failed; 476 enacted.
109th (2005-2006) 9141 introduced; 930 made it to committee; 22 failed; 465 enacted.
110th (2007-2008) 9218 introduced; 1382 made it to committee; 39 failed;442 enacted.
111th (2009-2010) 9239 introduced; 998 made it to committee; 26 failed; 366 enacted.
112th (2011-2012) totals not posted yet but only 219 bills became law.
This month alone, there have been 136 bills introduced in the 113th congress dealing with climate change alone. The list includes 84 bills that are intended to advance climate action, as well as 52 bills that would hinder climate action.
https://www.govtrack.us/blog/2011/08/04/kill-...
"uselesssinceforever0000 "
Please explain how money is wasted when the house votes to pass or deny a bill. That was the question. The bills just require the legislators do what they were elected to do. There is no added costs. The legislators get paid, their staff gets paid, costs to maintain the buildings continues. Well maybe the costs for paper goes up.
Actually I do not understand why you are concerned, the boy president is going to say screw the constitution, I will get my way with my pen and my phone. He will get slapped by The Supreme Court when they declare he has acted outside the constitution. When that happens you will be on board to have an amendment that restricts the courts making judgements that go against the president.
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1068856 Jan 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt wants what all conservative want, mental case.
We value things you hate like:
prosperity for all kids, not stealing from them like you do.
FREEDOM
Porkulus and the GM bailout were stolen from our children and grandchildren.....
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068857 Jan 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong.
Gunner was Middletown, CT.
Waxman is Windsor, CT
If you think the two personalities share anything, you're blind.
Waxman is the foulmouthed sock runner, with dozens of phony names/locations. He frequently lets his socks engage in foul language. Never any attempt at logic. All insults and ignorance.
Gunner is simply a self righteous nitwit, appearing as a Teabaggerr, while exposing his prejudices and lack of education. Esp. funny are his links to pjmedia, etc. Gunner does not have numerous socks, IMO.
Sorry to disagree, but I think hyou have it wrong.
Very good Nuc.

You are correct and Grey Ghost the sock is wrong.

Gunner was 10 miles southeast and not me.

Guess what though? Nobody else is me either, you paranoid Obama voting, liberal idiot!
Lcn

United States

#1068858 Jan 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your relationship with your kids, tales from the crypt man?
...Windsor Ontario News....
Last year, Ontario contributed $70.9 million to upgrade the plant the Ford Oakville plant.

Prior to that, the provincial government helped bail out GM and Chrysler during the global recession.

"Since the bottom of the recession in 2009, we’ve added almost 15,000 jobs to the auto sector, whether it’s in the assembly plants or supply chain," Hoskins claimed.

However, the PC critic for economic development, MPP Jane McKenna, said the bailout only saved 2,000 jobs and did little to create new jobs

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1068859 Jan 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I believe what Galt is trying to say is women can't think for themselves and only men are capable of doing so for them. So by definition, they can't possibly be responsible for their actions.
Age doesn't mitigate the situation either.
You make a very good point. Republican men do seem to believe that wives should be subservient to their husbands.

Rep. Steve Pearce (R-NM) pretty much summed it up when he stated in his recent memoir that it is the wife’s role to “voluntarily submit, just as the husband is to lovingly lead and sacrifice."
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068860 Jan 26, 2014
Insane to the T

"T" yipcal Demo-Kraut:
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane. The inflation allowed retired people to make 14% on CD's!! My grandmother made a killing during the inflation of 1979-81. It's not like retirees spend all their assets at once,you nitwit!
Inflation allows people to pay off debts with inflated dolllars, making long term purchases like cars and homes cheaper. It only hurts new purchasers.
Inflation is good for those with money and those paying off old debt. Bad for those looking to incur new debt.
You're really dumb.
To say it destroyed the saving of anyone proves how stupid you are, Nobraina. The period was littered with COLA's, retirees were easily able to keep up with inflation while it lasted.
A (personal) single scenario is this liberals interpretation of reality...

God help the USA.
Lcn

United States

#1068861 Jan 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really dumb.
Galts predictions seem to never come true, he seems still in PA?
The troll's 17 sock puppets are amusing... Canadian humor
Carol may be still looking for a house or just got tired of Sra Galt's comments?
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1068862 Jan 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're really dumb.
Yes, we know Democrat.

Everyone else is insane, except you.

You say that every day.
Lcn

United States

#1068863 Jan 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
that's where Galt differs with you...Galt wants a candidate who will uphold Constitutional principles, not a Demo-lite....
no point in "winning" if your candidate is no different than the opposition...
besides, Republicans lost twice in a row with RINOs....
The Queen talks in the Third Person ..... an indication of something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Bruin For Life 32,618
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr ThomasA 312,873
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Into The Night 258,047
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 7 Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web