Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263127 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1065596 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like an ideal world...
...and no loudmouth NYC Bocajews.....or shrill harpies like Hillary....
Far too many women have become much too full of themselves and think their reproduction systems should guide the nation's policies and who we elect as our leaders.

Can't get any more full of yourself than that.

But it wasn't that long ago that a woman's role actually was as nurturer and caregiver in the home and raising their children. When women had to join the workforce to make the war machines during WWII, their perspective and focus began to change - good or bad. Seeing how much things have changed between now and then, my guess it's mostly bad.
Lnc

United States

#1065597 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only four possible reasons for the denial:
1. Short memories.
2. ARE stupid.
3. Lies and deception are truth.
4. Videos don't exist.
I pick #2 and #3 after seeing a ridiculously bearded Carney arrogantly respond to a reporter a few days ago "we KNOW it was an attack..."
Rewind to the week after the attack and Carney saying to same reporter "it was because of a video..."
Yep,#2 and #3.
# 5

Arguing that the American people are sick and tired of hearing the word “scandal,” a growing chorus of Republican lawmakers said they would stop using the word “scandal” in every sentence if President Obama resigns from office immediately.

“Mr. President, for the past week, the American people have heard nothing but scandal,” said Rep. Darrell Issa (R-California).“Scandal, scandal, scandal, and more scandal.”“You have called for investigations to get to the bottom of these scandals,” he added.“But the American thing to do is to quit.”

Agreeing that America was suffering from “scandal fatigue,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R.-S. Carolina) said,“If even one of these scandals turns out to be real, it will be bigger than the creation of the universe,” adding that he and his fellow Republican senators were prepared to take turns standing in the well of the Senate chanting the word “scandal” until President Obama steps down.

“Rand Paul has personally offered to say the word ‘scandal’ for eleven hours,” he said.

On Fox News Channel, host Sean Hannity said that the American people were weary of hearing “nothing but scandal, scandal, scandal,” noting that Fox personalities had used the word “scandal” no fewer than thirty thousand times in the past four days.

“The only way President Obama can bring these scandals to a satisfying resolution is by resigning from office. Otherwise, he’s subjecting the American people to the ugly spectacle of scandal upon scandal upon scandal,” he said, adding,“Upon scandal.”

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1065598 Jan 20, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as an unfunded tax cut, you moron. I'll make it simple for you. Tax revenue funds everything. Tax revenue cannot fund tax revenue. Therefore... you may need to write this down... there is no such thing as an unfunded tax cut.
Where would the funds come from to fund a tax cut? From taxes? You're going to raise taxes to lower taxes? Do you realize how ignorant you appear every time you mindlessly regurgitate that propaganda line about "unfunded tax cuts"?
Slash revenue? The only thing that cut revenue was the dot-com bust. From 2002 on, revenue increased each year until the Democrats' Marxist CRA program collapsed the economy in 2008.
http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/revenue_ch...
Perhaps you were in a coma when the surge secured Iraq and allowed it to become a funcitoning democracy. That didn't change until Obama's Suni Islamist terrorist allies began a resurgence after Obama was named president.
You haven't got a clue how many earmarks there were. But, you may be right. I'm sure it took a lot of bribing to get the Democrats to support the war in Iraq.
Here's a link you can read to learn how the government funds itself:
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst.html
Here's a link so you can see what party controls all the purse strings of government:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
Here's a link so you can see the factual numbers of deficit and debt:
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_s...
After you study the above links, you should have learned that Congress controls all the purse strings of government.
And, the Republicans are responsible for running the government while the debt increased from 5 trillion to 8.5 trillion dollars during the war the Arab Islamists started. The Democrats are responsible for raising the debt from 8.5 trillion dollars to over 17 trillion dollars, doubling the debt while Obama ended the wars by surrendering just to support the day-to-day existence of the type of government the Democrats want.
By the way, after the so-called "bipartisan" budget agreed upon by Democrats and Democrats (RINOs), the deficit will again be over 1.5 trillion dollars just for the day-to-day existence of the government in 2015.
Which brings us back to a question you run away from like a Democrat from work:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
(You have to identify a source of money to be taxed to answer that question.)
Your first sentence proved you are dumber than sh*t.

Why bother with the rest.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1065599 Jan 20, 2014
The citizens of Mexico are bleeding the U.S. dry.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2012/01/12/M...

One time when I was getting my driver's license renewed I noticed a group of Mexicans who still couldn't speak English sending money through the Western Union back to Mexico. I made a comment about it to a friend who was with me and a DMV employee overheard and told me that the same women came in nearly every week sending hundreds of dollars, thousands over the course of a year.

How many of us here can afford to send thousands of dollars a year to relatives in foreign countries? Yeah, that was rhetorical.

Between selling dope, receiving every social service the government has to offer, their piddling incidental "jobs" and money they make off stolen property these "poor, miserable, maligned" immigrants are making a killing off us and those of us who aren't sneering subversives of America are sick of it.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065600 Jan 20, 2014
....Science....

"Exposure to weight-stigmatizing news articles caused self-perceived overweight women, but not women who did not perceive themselves as overweight, to consume more calories and feel less capable of controlling their eating than exposure to non-stigmatizing articles."

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1065601 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
<brain.dead.spam>
Please tell us what happened after the Democrats sabotaged South Vietnam after they defeated the single largest communist invasion of the war in 1972 without any assistance from US ground combat units. Where did the front of the Cold War move to next?
And, please tell us:
1) Why there hasn't been an election for any office at any level of government in Vietnam since 1975?
2) Why is Vietnam an impoverished country while the rest of the world has become wealthier? Why doesn't South Vietnam have a vibrant industrial middle class and an industrial economy like South Korea?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1065602 Jan 20, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
...ssshhh....
Freedom is quiet...
"Florida universities now allow guns on campus"
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/features/educa...
You think this will cause an increase in car break-ins?
NY strict gun laws - I just read this morning about how two NY teachers were robbed at gunpoint and later their school was broken in to.

"Americans need to search their hearts about how they treat young black males"

---- The Magic Negro

I already did and went out and bought a gun.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065603 Jan 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Was" unprecedented. No mention of Obama? We might as well have had no president what-so-ever, for the last five years. You're basically saying Obama's just a hapless occupant, hands shackled, drifting in and out of the Oval Office, waiting for Bush's ghost to stop haunting him.
I think he's a worthless fool, but I never expected you to admit to it.
Did Bush pay all the debts before he left office? No, but you fools didn't pay attention when he didn't put the wars on the books. President Obama did.
Bush will haunt this country for decades to come. The damage he did was insurmountable and unforgettable. You are the fool.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1065604 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Far too many women have become much too full of themselves and think their reproduction systems should guide the nation's policies and who we elect as our leaders.
But it wasn't that long ago that a woman's role actually was as nurturer and caregiver in the home and raising their children. When women had to join the workforce to make the war machines during WWII, their perspective and focus began to change - good or bad. Seeing how much things have changed between now and then, my guess it's mostly bad.
wow I'm too stunned to respond. wow

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1065605 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're safe. You're too poor to be middle class.
Middle class don't shop in second hand stores.
Just smart people shop in good secondhand stores - doesn't matter what class they're assigned to.

It's why they have more money in their pocketbooks and/or saved in the bank. And can house hunt.

But since the government doesn't care how much you spend as long as it's other people's money, you go ahead and shop at Macy's. Seems everyone accepts EBT cards nowadays.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065606 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Full of themselves? Without women, no one would exist. We give life; therefore we have power and men are not going to rule us anymore, not our purses or our bodies.

You want to go back to slave days and days when women had no vote, couldn't drive, had to shut up and just take it from their abusive husbands; unable to support themselves?
You'are insane
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065608 Jan 20, 2014
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>"If a rightwinger is speaking odds are pretty good a lie is being told" - Homer
Reminds me of the old man with a Tshirt that read "I'm Probably Lying"

Lapeer, MI

#1065609 Jan 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
The nation paused to remember Martin Luther King Jr. Monday with parades, marches and service projects.
King was born Jan. 15, 1929, and the federal holiday is the third Monday in January.
In Atlanta, a service was planned at Ebenezer Baptist Church, where King was pastor. In Memphis, Tenn., where King was assassinated, an audio recording of an interview with King would be played at the National Civil Rights Museum. The recording sheds new light on a phone call President John F. Kennedy made to King's wife more than 50 years ago.
Historians generally agree Kennedy's phone call to Coretta Scott King expressing concern over her husband's arrest in October 1960 — and Robert Kennedy's work behind the scenes to get King released — helped JFK win the White House.
In Ann Arbor, Mich., activist and entertainer Harry Belafonte planned to deliver the keynote address for the 28th annual Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium on Monday morning at the University of Michigan's Hill Auditorium.
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/parades-mar...
This whole thing is a national disgrace that rings hollow and make-believe. Following it, they pull out the Black History Month BS. Can't I even get a free Quarter Pounder in MLK's name or sumthin'? How about Free Nikes during February?

How about making June White History Month?

MLK is rolling in his grave.

BTW, Harry Belafonte is a washed-up entertainer and not a serious contender for one more Poverty Pimp.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1065610 Jan 20, 2014
We now know that the CIA's September 15, 2012, talking points were inaccurate in that they wrongly attributed the genesis of the Benghazi attacks to protests that became violent. However, as stated in the report, this characterization reflected the assessment by the IC of the information available at that time, which lacked sufficient intelligence and eyewitness statements to conclude that there were no protests. Further, it is important to remember that this early assessment was made in the context of approximately 40 protests around the globe against U.S. embassies and consulates in response to an inflammatory film. There were also other violent attacks against U.S. embassies and consulates in Egypt, Tunisia, Yemen and other cities around the world on or after September 11. According to CIA emails dated September 16, 2012, the then-Deputy Director of the CIA requested further information from CIA staff at Embassy Tripoli about whether there was countervailing evidence of protests that occurred prior to the attacks in Benghazi. It was not until September 24, 20 12-eight days later-that the IC revised its assessment that there were no protests leading up to the attacks.

http://www.intelligence.senate.gov/benghazi20...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1065611 Jan 20, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be the world's stupidest person, Dweeb. Everything you say is bass-ackwards:
"" Since 2000, Vietnam's economic growth rate has been among the highest in the world, and in 2011 it had the highest Global Growth Generators Index among 11 major economies.
Its successful economic reforms resulted in its joining the World Trade Organization in 2007.
According to a December 2005 forecast by Goldman Sachs, the Vietnamese economy will become the world's 17th-largest by 2025, with an estimated nominal GDP of $436 billion and a nominal GDP per capita of $4,357.
According to a 2008 forecast by PricewaterhouseCoopers, Vietnam may be the fastest-growing of the world's emerging economies by 2025, with a potential growth rate of almost 10% per annum in real dollar terms. In 2012, HSBC predicted that Vietnam's total GDP would surpass those of Norway, Singapore and Portugal by 2050.
----------
Does it hurt to be as stupid as you obviously are??
It hurts to see such stupidity running loose.
You did everything except back your bullshit up with some facts.
You forgot to mention what products are being made in Vietnam. There are sweatshops putting together cheap shirts. That's all I'm aware of. Do you know of other products being manufactured in Vietnam?
GDP is no way to measure an economy. Take the United States, for instance. Let's say you have 10 dollars, and you give me two dollars and fifty cents, and I give you back two dollars. According to the way the government calculates the economy, you have twelve dollars.
Now, let's take a look at your numbers (which probably come from some commie propaganda site, like the ones that say Ho Chi Minh only murdered ... what was it... 400,000 people after the war ended, instead of the 3.2 million he actually murdered).
Goldman Sachs... isn't that where all the Republicans you hate and call liars come from? Do you listen to yourself?

I'll make it short. Tell us about all the manufactured products being exported from Vietnam. Tell us about all the shipyard activity building ships for the world's economy. Tell us about how Vietnam (after 40 years and Ho Chi Minh had to die) is finally able to have some kind of economic development.
Why 40 goddam years?

... now, what are those exports again?

By the way, you don't read much, do you? If you believe those commercials disguised as articles in respected publications promoting unbelievable growth in what has been stagnant areas for decades, I've got a stock broker you should meet.

You're an idiot.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1065612 Jan 20, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just smart people shop in good secondhand stores - doesn't matter what class they're assigned to.
It's why they have more money in their pocketbooks and/or saved in the bank. And can house hunt.
But since the government doesn't care how much you spend as long as it's other people's money, you go ahead and shop at Macy's. Seems everyone accepts EBT cards nowadays.
EBT cards are for food. Most people your age aren't looking for houses; unless they've sold the one they've paid off long ago and are downsizing

If people can't eat or pay their rent, they will be homeless. If people get foodstamps, they buy food with it.

Will whomever your candidate is run on eliminating foodstamps and unemployment insurance? Go for it!!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1065613 Jan 20, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You carry on like Bush was handed a bowl of cherries with nothing to worry about. Remember 9/11? Perpetrated by the same man Clinton backed away from? You're pitiful. Obama took a war we had won and surrendered it back to the enemy. He sent men to die in an action he didn't believe in. He'll be backing out of Afghanistan, his righteous war, in the same fashion he backed out of Iraq.
Yes Bush had 9-11. But he still made all those mistakes I listed.

Mistakes you refuse to acknowledge.

Why is that.

I love how you fricken bozos jump at listing all these supposed excuses for Bush yet the idea of the conditions when Obama took over are all meaningless.

And to blame Obama for Iraq is just beyond pitiful.

He said Afghanistan was the right war, not the righteous war.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1065614 Jan 20, 2014
"The ice age is due now anytime" - Professor George Kukla, Columbia University, 1974

Lapeer, MI

#1065615 Jan 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Wendy Davis, the Texas state senator whose filibuster for abortion rights made her a Democratic superstar and launched her campaign for governor, has admitted to the Dallas Morning News that she lied about key events in her life, including her first divorce. Davis may even have lied under oath, testifying in a federal lawsuit over redistricting that "I got divorced by the time I was 19 years old," when in fact she was divorced at age 21.
Other missing details have included: her second husband paid her way through law school and she divorced him the day after the last payment was made; her ex-husband accused her in initial court filings of adultery, and was awarded custody of their two daughters; and she first ran for city council in Fort Worth as a Republican.
"My language should be tighter,” she said, admitting her campaign biography has been less than truthful.
It is not clear whether the article in the Dallas Morning News, by senior political writer Wayne Slater, is meant to be an exposé or a defense, presenting embarrassing details in the best light possible to present an overall picture of competence. One unidentified source, who said that Davis is "going to figure out a way to spin herself in a way that grabs at the heart strings," is also quoted as saying that "she’d be a good governor."
Regardless, the fact that Davis "blurred" her biography raises questions about her integrity. Her ex-husbandsaid she should not have needed to lie--that her real life is "a better narrative than what they’re trying to paint.”
The media tend to protect Democrats--notably, Barack Obama, Davis's contemporary at Harvard Law School--when they present false "composites" of their lives. It remains to be seen whether they treat Davis the same.
Sounds so much like the Magic Negro's MO.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1065616 Jan 20, 2014
Fox Cherry-Picks From Benghazi Reports To Attack White House

Fox's Sunday morning political talk show cherry-picked information from recently-released House hearing transcripts and a Senate report on the September 11, 2012, attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi, Libya, to falsely suggest that the Obama administration's explanation of events was deliberately intended to mislead the American people.

http://mediamatters.org/research/2014/01/19/f...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Knowledge- 244,816
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr The Fact Is 6,467
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Wed tom wingo 29,850
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Wed STO 310,327
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Wed RiccardoFire 201,854
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Jul 25 xxxrayted 1,714
More from around the web