Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1761831 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1062530 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
In direct contradiction to what was stated by the State Dept during the congressional hearings
"The State Department acknowledged Wednesday that it rejected appeals for more security at its diplomatic posts in Libya in the months before a fatal terrorist attack in Benghazi as Republicans suggested that lapses contributed to the deaths of the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...
I will take the above as factual as the person who was testifying was in charge of State Dept security.
tell us why Stevens refused extra security. twice.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1062532 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the moron who tries to fake being a winner.
tickseed has been a looser on more threads this one
A good weathered Topix reader can discern dogshit from bullshit from horseshit from beetle dung to pure, unadulterated kirrap.

Nutsack and the Little Insect write all of the above.

Lapeer, MI

#1062534 Jan 14, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem the lowest denominator
Men and Women of all races and beliefs have died to make this country great
and
you type .....pathetic
Are you blathering about Robert Parker again?

Call EMS and get your head pumped at the ER.

Lapeer, MI

#1062535 Jan 14, 2014
Lnc wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny,
Just read his comment on lowest common denominator.
Kivuta0sekopää on suosikki typerät rasismia
So how's that Bobby Parker thingy goin', eh?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062537 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so dense that you fail to understand numerous people pointing out your idiocy and not only on this thread.
no no they do not do that. they make baseless accusations they cannot back up with facts. like you do all the time.

can you point to one of my posts you can prove false? even one? no, no you cannot. yet i can do so for countless of yours. in fact, that is what i do all day here. prove your posts to be bullshit after bullshit.

you know this is true. i proved it over and over again...and why is it you think all those others are still running from their own words like i point out? like you are?

Lapeer, MI

#1062538 Jan 14, 2014
dem wrote:
Did I see Galt using tmz as a source????
That geriatric California queer.
Lol
And if TMZ reported that the Sun came up in the East today, dem would be flabbergasted because he never knew that!

dem only knows about going down.

In ANY direction.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062539 Jan 14, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The State Department rejected appeals for more security in the MONTHS before the attack. Steven's rejected offers of more security in the DAYS before the attack./
That wasn't the congressional testimony and I trust it more than some unnamed sources. Remember the idiotic NYT article and how good those sources are.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't ever forget that it was House Republicans that voted to cut nearly $300 million from the U.S. embassy security budget.
Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT) said today that he voted to cut funding for U.S. embassy security amid political attacks from Republicans that the Obama administration did not do enough to secure the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.[/Quote]

Again I will go with the congressional testimony of the person in charge of security who denied this as cause

[QUOTE who="USAsince1680"] <quoted text>
Republicans and their allies have been trying to politicize the attack — which killed four Americans, including the U.S. Ambassador to Libya — suggesting, without evidence, the Obama administration may have ignored intelligence that the attack was imminent, didn’t properly secure the Benghazi compound and is now trying to cover it up.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/10/10/...
Yeah, the cover up is well documented by the testimony so no doubt it occurred.

Who would have ever thought terrorist might attack on 9/11? Really?

Think Progress is a nit wit partisan site that half tells the facts.

Lapeer, MI

#1062540 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>HOLY SHIT!!!!
you actually posted something factual and correct!
who are you and what have you done with out Whatever?
(raising arm and making "Invasion of the Body Snatchers " screeching sound...)
Little Insect experiences an epiphany....

...and then quickly drops back into the unwashed bowels of ignorance.

Flowers For Algernon

Lapeer, MI

#1062541 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Stevens had repeatedly asked the State Dept for more security.
"What difference does it make?"
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1062542 Jan 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Justin Bieber's egg-throwing escapade Thursday night caused around $20,000 in damage, and the little punk hasn't even called his neighbor to apologize.
TMZ broke the story ... Justin was caught on video egging his neighbor's house, and when confronted the singer told the neighbor to f off and then hurled a few more unborn chicks.
Law enforcement sources tell us ... L.A. County Sheriff's deputies are fast-tracking the investigation and they told the neighbor he had to get them repair estimates by today. We know the neighbor is locked and loaded with paperwork.
We're told the entire front of his house must be re-plastered. To do the job -- which is especially expensive because it's Venetian plaster -- will cost around $15K. There's another $5,000 in damage to the entry, including various doors that must be re-stained.
We're told neither Justin nor his people have contacted the neighbor with an offer to pay ... they haven't even called to say J.B. is sorry.
Law enforcement sources tell us ... the case will be referred to the L.A. County D.A. who could then file vandalism charges against the singer.
Since the damages far exceed the magic $400 figure -- the case could be filed as a FELONY.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/01/13/justin-bieber-h...
Awww,that's so cute. Are you a 'belieber,'
Speaking of pedophiles, Nobraina...
Your previous post was GREEN with envy over Bieber's Black boyfriend.

Lapeer, MI

#1062543 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Always do, the difference is you finally pulled your head out one of your body orifices.
...and then he took a deep breath and passed out...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1062544 Jan 14, 2014
oh whatever...it is spelled 'loser' not looser..

the sure tell that a commenter has a two digit IQ....spelling loser that way...

i'll point out what a foolish ass you are tomorrow...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062545 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no no they do not do that. they make baseless accusations they cannot back up with facts. like you do all the time.
can you point to one of my posts you can prove false? even one? no, no you cannot. yet i can do so for countless of yours. in fact, that is what i do all day here. prove your posts to be bullshit after bullshit.
you know this is true. i proved it over and over again...and why is it you think all those others are still running from their own words like i point out? like you are?
Do I want to hear another idiotic OMG, OMG they said 'fully" BS from you? I rather walk across hot coals than attempt one more time to explain to clueless you that you were off base.

Your bloated ego is your worst enemy and will always leave you looking foolish

Lapeer, MI

#1062546 Jan 14, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text> usasince1680 says she goes to garage sales and picks up illegal guns that are being sold and then takes them to the police department and turns them in. Really that is what she said she does in her spare time.
I'd much rather see her walk through the Chicago hod asking the Magic Negro's Trayvons to surrender their weapons.

It would be much more effective:>
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062547 Jan 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
...and then he took a deep breath and passed out...
Probably, his brain wasn't use to being oxygenated.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1062548 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That wasn't the congressional testimony and I trust it more than some unnamed sources. Remember the idiotic NYT article and how good those sources are.
<quoted text>
Yeah, the cover up is well documented by the testimony so no doubt it occurred.
Who would have ever thought terrorist might attack on 9/11? Really?
Think Progress is a nit wit partisan site that half tells the facts.
named source.....

Army Gen. Carter Ham, then the head of the U.S. Africa Command, did not wait for the separate cable, however. Instead, after reading the Aug. 16 cable, Ham phoned Stevens and asked if the embassy needed a special security team from the U.S. military. Stevens told Ham it did not, the officials said.

Weeks later, Stevens traveled to Germany for an already scheduled meeting with Ham at AFRICOM headquarters. During that meeting, Ham again offered additional military assets, and Stevens again said no, the two officials said.

“He didn’t say why. He just turned it down,” a defense official who asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject told McClatchy.

The offers of aid and Stevens’ rejection of them have not been revealed in either the State Department’s Administrative Review Board investigation of the Benghazi events or during any of the congressional hearings and reports that have been issued into what took place there.

Stevens’ deputy, Gregory Hicks, who might be expected to be aware of the ambassador’s exchange with military leaders, was not asked about the offer of additional assistance during his appearance before a House of Representatives committee last week, and testimony has not been sought from Ham, who is now retired.

Both Hicks and Ham declined to comment on the exchange between Ham and Stevens. Hicks’ lawyer, Victoria Toensing, said Hicks did not know the details of conversations between Stevens and Ham and was not aware of Stevens turning down an offer of additional security.

“As far as Mr. Hicks knows, the ambassador always wanted more security and they were both frustrated by not getting it,” she said.

Some Republican lawmakers expressed surprise when told that Stevens had turned down such an offer.

“That is odd to me because Stevens requested from the State Department additional security four times, and there was an 18-person special forces security team headed by Lt. Col. Wood that Gen. Ham signed off on that the State Department said no to,” said Sen. Lindsay Graham, R-S.C., who has been among the most vocal critics of the Obama administration on Benghazi.“The records are very clear that people on the ground in Libya made numerous requests for additional security that were either denied or only partially granted.”

But a spokesman for Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., the chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, indicated that some lawmakers may have been aware of Stevens’ exchange with Ham.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/14/191235/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062549 Jan 14, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
oh whatever...it is spelled 'loser' not looser..
the sure tell that a commenter has a two digit IQ....spelling loser that way...
i'll point out what a foolish ass you are tomorrow...
I don't check my posts. I should have caught it -it is a common error -but didn't.

However moron, do you want to explain to us how you misused parody.

I love it when you try to use words that you have NO clue what they mean-it makes you look so intellectual.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062550 Jan 14, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make?"
According to Hil, the deaths of four people is all meh.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1062551 Jan 14, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
named source.....
Army Gen. Carter Ham, then the head of the U.S. Africa Command, did not wait for the separate cable, however. Instead, after reading the Aug. 16 cable, Ham phoned Stevens and asked if the embassy needed a special security team from the U.S. military. Stevens told Ham it did not, the officials said.

“As far as Mr. Hicks knows, the ambassador always wanted more security and they were
Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/14/191235/...
Wake up Sonic, you just posted the same nonsense that USAsenseless did that was contradicted by congressional testimony.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1062552 Jan 14, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't check my posts. I should have caught it -it is a common error -but didn't.
However moron, do you want to explain to us how you misused parody.
I love it when you try to use words that you have NO clue what they mean-it makes you look so intellectual.
"Whatever"
I am sure you noted that "woodendick000" could offer nothing to refute your post so he points out a spelling error.
Peace
Happy New Year

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Trojan 35,944
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 32 min Website statistician 341,024
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480