Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346884 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1060313 Jan 11, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
were you bad?
was i ever. you have to remember that i'm living in the most racist part of the county, and with my policy of 'color don't mean jack', well.......and not to forget...i was the boss.

so a few white folks around here who've found a new reason to hate Indians.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1060314 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what makes you think i hate them? they seem silly for following a proven false religious cult, especially one with such shitty morals, but hey, that is their choice
i do hate it when they try to insert their idiotic cult into the real world...
"what makes you think i hate them"...um...your words perhaps.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1060315 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical of your lame assed approach to discussion.
Woodtick challenges your beliefs, you talk like a fool and say he hates Christians.
Funny I never saw the word hate until you used it. Why is that??
Your use of projection and labelling marks you as unable to counter his arguments.
Try debating his beliefs, not just stupidly calling it hatred because you have no response.
You're really bad at thiis.
I don't know why you bother. You must be very lonely.
he hates Christians, nuc. Maybe not a specific Christian, but its beyond obvious he hates the religion. "shitty morals"

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1060316 Jan 11, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>OK maybe 'far, far' was hyperbolic..
how bout just far? i mean, 30%(that's fully one third according to many on this site!) that's far more efficient.
my facts on the recycling, thus the entrance of that mercury into our environment were spot on...
nuc is right, this statement proves it

"that's fully one third according to many on this site"

I believe ONE person said that.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060317 Jan 11, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodtick hates the sane. She could never relate to normal people and ended up living far away from people in Minnesota's North Coast.
no dear, i hate idiots like you. this is why i enjoy showing what a moron you are...

well, you do the showing, i just point it out.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1060318 Jan 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
A criminal car thief and arsonist becomes chairman of the ethics committee.
"silly"
And the current president is a lair, an admitted user of hard drugs and an admitted participant in gay sex.
Peace
KMA
Happy New Year

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1060319 Jan 11, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Galt was shortcutting the story__not to mention lying out his azz. Maybe you should find the real story before coming to the ancient ones defense.
The "retirement crisis" aka "baby boomers leaving the workforce" is "mostly" to blame yet you math challenged scumbags continue to get it wrong.
stop it already. No one here takes you seriously.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1060320 Jan 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
The Hypocrisy of Hollywood
The entertainment industry is full of famous and infamous individuals who wholly support and verbally tout the most extreme of liberal policies and causes. More remarkable than their slavish devotion to all things progressive is how these people either cannot see or chose to ignore the massive flames of hypocrisy raging all around them. For instance, global warming and the need for a "green" planet.
Turn on E!, MTV's "Cribs", pick up a magazine or tabloid sometime and take a look.
They virtually all drive huge luxury SUV's or exotic sports cars that get nine miles-per-gallon (downhill, with a tail wind), live in 20,000 square foot, 12-bedroom mansions with theaters, bowling alleys, indoor pools, multiple kitchens, etc., which require heating, air conditioning, lawn maintenance, and generally suck up massive amounts of power -- mostly from coal-fired power plants (which the politicians they're supporting are trying to eliminate.) They travel on privately-chartered jets and get around city streets in limousines large enough for 10 occupants but carrying just one.
These same people want you and me to upgrade to a 90% efficient furnace, drive a car the size of a shoebox, and heat our homes to no more than 68 degrees to help save the planet.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/01/the_hy...
No conservatives in Hollywood??

Gary Sinese??

Dennis Miller??

Fred Thompson??

Chuch Norris??

Adam Sandler??

Tom Selleck??

Kelsey Grammer??

Are you freakin' serious, moron??

I'll bet none of these folks has large homes, pools, multiple cars, chartered jets. LOL

----------

This is more of Gunner being Gunner.

Stupid, biased, unable to do anything but post op-ed pieces from wingnut sites.

At least he's moved up from pajamasmedia, his old FAV. LOL

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1060321 Jan 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Galt is waiting to see the flood of homosexual marriages hit the divorce courts...when the sugar daddy partner learns that his money is gone....
family law will be booming.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1060322 Jan 11, 2014
When Liberals/Democrats like Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) don’t like the Stigma of their Fail Social Programs’ Welfare!’

Like a true Liberals Jackson suggested on the House Floor Wed we should stop calling Welfare,’ Welfare ‘ and call it ‘Transition Payments’ another word from Jobs to Welfare…WOW!!

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060323 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I had forgotten that the new Teabag math had made 30%(or less) fully one third!!
In that case, it does sound better!! LOL
The fact remains that incandescent bulbs are basically heating elements inside a sealed glass capsule, and as such, are not energy efficient.
If we eliminate all coal fired power plants, we won't even have to think about the tiny amount found in CFL bulbs.
And they're just a bridge technology. Looks like LED's will win the competition (so far).
You provided nothing to support your mercury claims.
my winter home is solar powered, so i am a big fan of LEDs. we use them in our work and reading stations and rarely have to use our whole room lighting.

in fact i did. look at the number of CFLs purchased, and look at the numbers recycled. the rest put their mercury into the environment.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1060324 Jan 11, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans wanted to take the current system and improve it by reforming Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
The four-page Republican health care outline can be seen below. It allows states, associations and small businesses to pool together to offer health insurance. give tax credits to low and modest income Americans to help them buy health insurance and let dependents under twenty-five stay on their parent's health insurance.
Another main proposal was substantial financial assistance through new refundable and
advanceable tax credits to low and modest income Americans.
And medical liability reform would actually reduce costly unnecessary defensive medicine.
They also proposed health savings accounts and flexible spending arrangements as well as new tax benefits to offset the cost of long-term care premiums and giving financial help to caregivers who provide in-home care for a loved one.
Making health insurers more competitive nationwide is a practical solution to create a competitive market to lower costs of health care insurance.
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPl...
All of these things combined would have been very good first steps to take. Making more changes and tackling more reforms could be done along the way..
This kind of major overhaul should be done in steps to assess how it's working and then continuing to take more steps.
Obamacare is chaotic, confusing and focuses mainly on government control rather than making it easier for people to make their own decisions.
Yeah Carol, you've posted this before and as I pointed out it's all bun and no beef.
No details on how it would be implemented or costs involved. They came out with this in 2010 and in all this time they have never fleshed it out into legislative language or submitted it to a vote. They never would have either. They just put it out so gullible fools like you would think that they actually planned on doing something.
So how do you think we can keep big insurance from screwing people if we don't have government controls and regulation?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1060325 Jan 11, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need a hundred words to express an opinion that can be condensed into two lines.
Yeah, you defend convicted murderers, pedophiles, and try to convince others that .29 is the same as 1/3.

Got it.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060326 Jan 11, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"what makes you think i hate them"...um...your words perhaps.
pointing out the flaws of the religious cult in no way means i hate them.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1060327 Jan 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
intelligent people would have left town and not required rescue...
but, then, intelligent people would not continue to live in New Orleans, which will surely flood again some day...
Apparently, like Lois Lame, you've forgotten about the 36 hrs leading up to Katrina actually making landfall.And also that this bullsht has already been debated right here on this very thread__so save the rinse and repeat for someone else eh?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1060328 Jan 11, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>what is the over-under on the number of days that the media can keep the irrelevant Christie affair afloat in order to divert attention from the failure of ObamaKKKare???...
From Wednesday through Friday morning, the coverage of Christie led 11 out of 13 news programs. NBC (surprise) led the way with over 34 minutes. CBS followed with 30 and ABC posted just under 23 minutes.

Over the last six months, NBC did a five second update on IRS targeting of Tea Party organizations. ABC was 2nd with 22 seconds and CBS really picked up the pace with 41 seconds.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060329 Jan 11, 2014
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need a hundred words to express an opinion that can be condensed into two lines.
that is because you just parrot media soundbytes...

thoughts dumbed and shortened down for the ignorant masses...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1060330 Jan 11, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,he is bulky!! But I don't feel his size should be part of his qualifications or lack thereof.
I actually like Christie.
But I don't have any doubts about his basic personality type.
On the Repugnant side, he is still their best hope, unless this scandal and cover-up leads to his desk.
Copernicus ready to go tomorrow??
not that I'm biased, but it won't be a fair game. Lol. The last time they met the Niners didn't have Crabtree or Davis, making them one dimensional. Look for lots of plays that use kap's speed...they have something to prove.

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060331 Jan 11, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
nuc is right, this statement proves it
"that's fully one third according to many on this site"
I believe ONE person said that.
i think one other defended it...

yes, i use hyperbole, when making silly statements especially....

Minnesota's North Coast

#1060332 Jan 11, 2014
outta here...have fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min Brian_G 8,657
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Gary Coaldigger 253,536
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruins 31,890
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 hr You Lost 201,846
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon exclusiveYTube 310,654
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Feb 7 Mary 284
News IU ranked 13th, Butler 16th (Dec '07) Feb 3 Fart news 89
More from around the web