Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1580064 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057134 Jan 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation: You're way out of his league
I'm grateful to have Woodtick on board. Finally a person with a brain.
It's your vodka again.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1057135 Jan 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are arguing that Obama is not fixing the Republican generated mess fast enough??
If If If but but but
I've never seen such a pack of losers looking & dogging to try to find something negative about job growth & a shrinking unemployment rate.
Guess what. If Bush, Boehner, McConnell, Ryan had not decided to take us off the path of balanced budgets, decided to slash revenues while going to war, passed unfunded legislation, set record earmarks,deregulating wall street, and doubled the debt, maybe we would not have had the wort recession in 80 years, a housing collapse, a near financial meltdown & you would not be here blaming those trying to fix it instead of the Party that created it.
Again with the adolescent excuses. "Looking and dodging"?? Obama's been president for almost FIVE years. You're tacitly admitting he's a vacant, impotent leader. When he does take credit for his actions, they fail miserably. He'll have the distinction of being the only past President to have his name replaced with an asterisk. But he did kill Osama.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057136 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
The rightwing would prefer that these people become homeless in the winter.
The right wing of your rehab center takes in as many homeless as the leftwing of your rehab center. You really need to check in and sober up.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057137 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Unfortunately there are plenty of mentally unstable people that glom onto these theories. Where was it that a man burned his house down claiming the CIA had infiltrated his brain and then added that it was President Obamas fault? Minnesota?
Speaking of mentally unstable people, do you realize that Barack Hussein Obama won "Lie of the Year" and that mentally unstable people such as you still believe he is truthful? LOL

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057138 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Translation: You're way out of his league
I'm grateful to have Woodtick on board. Finally a person with a brain.
I'm way out of his league, alright:)

I'm in the pros and not the Bush League, Babee.

You're grateful to have Woodtick on board.

Interpretation: Misery loves company.

Does woodtick get soused, too?

Same league.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH.....
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057139 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I really cannot understand what the argument is regarding global warming and climate change.
What is the reason for the argument?
Some people are actually not intoxicated.
Patriot

Loveland, CO

#1057140 Jan 8, 2014
Please get behind this event!

Fast Track TPP call flood, a rapid response to the introduction of the Fast Track bill on Jan. 8th, 2014. We must stop Fast Track to stop the TPP.

EXPOSE THE TPP: http://www.exposethetpp.org/

https://www.facebook.com/events/6248236609003...

Contact your representatives: http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

How will the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) affect you?

-It is a corporate bill of rights that will be above Our citizens Bill of Rights.

-12 Countries will be dictating 40% of the world Economy.

-It will threaten your internet freedoms.

-It will threaten your ability to purchase generic medications.

-It will threaten our abilities to label foods as Genetically Modified.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057141 Jan 8, 2014
Lnc wrote:
HERNDON, Va., Jan. 7 (UPI)-- Those responsible for the Dec. 28 and 29 terrorist attacks on a railway station and trolley bus in Volgograd, Russia, have yet to step forward -- although their identity will come as no surprise.
Once identified, China will need a 36-year plan to deal with a growing threat which, by 2050, will be knocking on both sides of its bordering door with Russia.
On Dec. 28, a female suicide bomber approached a metal detector in the rail terminal, detonating a hidden explosive device, claiming at least 17 dead and 50 wounded.
A Muslim, she undoubtedly sought fulfillment of Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov's call in July to continue attacks against civilian Russian targets. Dubbed "Russia's bin Laden," Umarov had suspended such attacks in February 2012 to encourage more street demonstrations against Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Within 24 hours of the Dec. 28 attack, a second suicide bomber triggered a similar device on a bus, claiming 14 lives and wounding 30.
Formerly named Stalingrad -- a city of great Russian pride for its historic World War II stand against the Nazis -- Volograd is a southern Russia transportation hub that presents an easy and symbolic target.
Two months earlier, another female suicide bomber, 30-year-old Naida Asiyalova, married to a Muslim militant, detonated an explosive device on a Volgograd bus, killing six and wounding 40.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/Analysis/Outside-...
International terrorism is quite a puzzle not easy to solve. Interesting article.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1057142 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Bummer
The Obama Fantasy
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057143 Jan 8, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah Science is a Liberal Hoax...just like History and Objective Reality.
Teabaggers just keep on lowering the bar of stupid.LMAO!
... I love US History, Government,and Economics...

None of my fellow academics ever use the term 'teabag' in public conversation...

My colleagues and I are all 100 percent college educated...

How bout you?

Did I tell you I love US History, Government, and Economics?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1057144 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Let the poor slob paying the bills live in cardboard boxes.....income inequality must be addressed.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057145 Jan 8, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And once again Carol, you're confusing labels with political philosophy. Back then the Republicans were the more progressive party but they aren't any longer having veered to the extreme right. Frederick Douglas wouldn't have anything to do with the current GOP.
She has been told this dozens of times over the years by various posters to no avail.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1057146 Jan 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
scare tactic?
you must be kidding. what's Rush scared of? the truth?
and let's see an example of those 'tactics' that pertain. or the list of words that are never supposed to be mentioned because the right wing nutjobs might not like it and i could have a ton of fun with that.
See you are a libtard. You cannot read. Or better yet you can read but you can't understand what you read without putting a libtard spin on it. The problem with libtards!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1057147 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Unfortunately there are plenty of mentally unstable people that glom onto these theories. Where was it that a man burned his house down claiming the CIA had infiltrated his brain and then added that it was President Obamas fault? Minnesota?
At some point, Bailey told officers that he was the “first half-man/half-robot created by the government.” He said that the CIA and FBI had bugged his house, and blamed “Obama” and the “CIA” for causing the fire that burned down his home.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/06/armed-m...

i spent too many sheltered years in music. came out of the studio one day, took a good look around, finally, and said...Who the hell are these people!? And why did I come out of the studio!?

so don't even ask me why i do This. not if you want a lucid answer. i think Ed said 'bored'. probably right.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1057148 Jan 8, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> great conspiracy, huh?
http://xkcd.com/966/
Good point.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1057149 Jan 8, 2014
<quoted text>
There's plenty of room in the White House. The Magic Negro is always on vacation.

Don't let all that caviar and roast dog go to waste....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057150 Jan 8, 2014
Alarm! ICE AGE COMING!!!!

LA Times

"Is Mankind Manufacturing a New Ice Age for Itself?"

"The several-miles thick blanket of air that surrounds our planetary home is a mixture of many different gases. Although carbon dioxide is present in air in minor amounts (0.033% by volume), this small fraction plays an important role in determining the temperature..."

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/latimes/offers.ht...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1057151 Jan 8, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So who you quoting this bullshit from? I happened to listen to the whole show yesterday. I know what really happened. You, not so much!
Bingo! Another Dittohead! Quel surpris!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1057152 Jan 8, 2014
It used to be Pollution = Ice age...

"Scientist Predict a new ice age by the 21st century"

'Air pollution may oblitcrate the sun and cause a new ice age in the first third of the next century if population continues to grow and the earth's resources are consumed at the present rate..."

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/boston/doc/367059...
dem

United States

#1057153 Jan 8, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>You just wish you were him dkwad. Candy Crowley is your fatfk. She couldn't fit her fatfk arm into one of Rush's pant legs, dkhead.
You should know best about his pants you got your head up his azz.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 33,652
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr John-K 316,300
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Jul 27 Aerobatty 258,484
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web