Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
968,181 - 968,200 of 1,101,343 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1052510 Jan 3, 2014
Some views of Obamacare insurance-

60-year-old couple making $65,000 a year in Hartford, Conn., will cost $11,800 in annual premiums. And their deductible will be $12,600

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1052511 Jan 3, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Rumor has it that the sicko leader of N Korea threw his uncle-alive- to starving dogs.
But Dennis Rodman can't wait to give this evil spoiled dictator another hug. He should take a tour of the gulags. Three generations of families can be sent there before an initial infraction as benign as humming a South Korean song is expunged. Children are tortured, beaten to death and routine starvation is the norm.

Or he should talk to gulag survivor, Shin Dong-hyuk, who was born in a gulag and miraculously escaped as a young man. He was tortured as a 14-year-old after informing on his mother and brother for discussing an escape plan (he was brainwashed into believing this was the right thing to do) but, instead of being rewarded, the guards put a steel hook through his body and suspended him over a fire. He and his father were later forced to watch his mother and brother executed.

Rodman looks foolish thinking he's some kind of human rights ambassador trying to warm up to Kim Jong-un. I'm not even sure that's his motive. He might be just plain foolish.

But the question once again remains...where is the UN? And what exactly is their purpose?
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1052512 Jan 3, 2014
"Just to recall a basic fact: Intercourse/PIV is always rape, plain and simple.

This is a developed recap from what I’ve been saying in various comments here and there in the last two years or so. as a radfem I’ve always said PIV is rape and I remember being disappointed to discover that so few radical feminists stated it clearly. How can you possibly see it otherwise? Intercourse is the very means through which men oppress us, from which we are not allowed to escape, yet some instances of or PIV and intercourse may be chosen and free? That makes no sense at all."

http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv...

There you have it to Lib females all sex is rape.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1052513 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Solyndra. Really. You resort to Solyndra? Here is a link that calls you dumber than sh*t. Research on clean coal:http://energy.gov/fe/scie nce-innovation/clean-coal-rese arch
As for electricity, I know this will be a "shock" to you but there are ways to generate electricity other than burning coal. Really, there are. No sh*t.
As for charging those electric cars, even if they are charged using coal generated electricity they would represent a REDUCTION in green house gases as the electric generated to charge these vehicles create less emissions than a gasoline powered car.
Did you look up what the f*ck "reduce" means?
I heat my home in Pennsylvania using geothermal ground loops. Look it up & become informed for a change.
<ahem>
A geothermal ground loop requires circulating the ground water. To circulate the ground water, you have to apply energy to some device that forces the ground water to circulate through your system. This is usually an electric motor. The amount of ground water required to be circulated is dependent on the depth of the source, which is related to the in-situ temperature. The electric motor requires an input of energy. This input of energy is from a coal-fired electrical plant.
The bottom line is, you can't get more energy out of a system than you put into a system. However, thermodynamically, radiating heat by circulating ground water is a more efficient than radiating heat generated by an electrical current passed through a resistor. But, the energy required to energize the inductors in your electric motor will be just about equal the the amount of energy saved by the difference in efficiency of the different radiators.
Here's a link that will show you how you can verify this:

http://books.google.com/books...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1052514 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Volcanic eruptions have been part of our climate for eons, dumbass.
Man pumping a gazillion tons of crap into out atmosphere has not.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
so your saying that the planet has dealt with hide amounts of co2 for eons and somehow life continues.

"Rescue ship sent to retrieve stranded Antarctic voyagers now stuck in ice" - puny humans

Orlando, FL

#1052515 Jan 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken like a true liberal.....
Please tell me you don't think health care in a country like ours should be so out of reach that Americans can't afford to get sick or lose everything if faced with a catastrophic illness.

Please tell me you don't think that and that practical solutions to health care reform was necessary.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1052516 Jan 3, 2014
flack wrote:
By Jim Geraghty, The National Review
From the last Morning Jolt of the week:
Fifty States of Obamacare Confusion, Stress, and Aggravation
No matter where you live in the United States, Obamacare is causing headaches, stress, and aggravation for someone near you.
In New Hampshire, vending-machine manufacturers are gasping at the new law’s requirements that calorie information be displayed on roughly 5 million vending machines – not just on the packaging of the food inside, but on the vending machine itself:
Carol Brennan, who owns Brennan Food Vending Services in Londonderry, said she doesn’t yet know how she will handle the regulations, but she doesn’t like them. She has five employees servicing hundreds of machines and says she’ll be forced to limit the items offered so her employees don’t spend too much time updating the calorie counts.
“It is outrageous for us to have to do this on all our equipment,” she said.
Brennan also doubts that consumers will benefit from the calorie information.
“How many people have not read a label on a candy bar?” she said.“If you’re concerned about it, you’ve already read it for years.”
To the Obama administration and their fans, America’s businesses are giant, bottomless barrels of money, time, and energy whose purpose in life is to be directed and redirected at the whims of those wise folks in Washington, in order to achieve the visionary “social justice” goal of telling people that, say, a candy bar isn’t nutritious or healthy for them.
In most states, the current worst stress and headache stems from people who think they’ve signed up for insurance through the state or federal exchanges but who haven’t yet gotten their confirmation or insurance cards from the insurance companies.
Cost:$10/machine annually

OMG OMG OMG

Yet, if it only helps .2% of overweight adults would reduce calories by 100 a week, it would save more than that in health care costs.

Orlando, FL

#1052517 Jan 3, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken like a true liberal.....
You left out the second part of the post before you responded..."But Obamacare and government involvement in our health care is a huge mistake. There were far better solutions keeping health reform in the private sector."

Did I still sound like a true liberal?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052518 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Volcanic eruptions have been part of our climate for eons, dumbass.
Man pumping a gazillion tons of crap into out atmosphere has not.
You people are dumber than sh*t.
The Earth must have done something severe recently to counteract all that superhuman activity and trap those global warming nuts in the ice during the southern hemisphere summer.
The Earth has been on a slight cooling trend for what? about 10 or 15 years? And humans have been increasing their industrial activity and pissing you nuts off during that same period of time, right?
So, if the Earth is cooling, and humans are producing more and more of these evil gasses... I just don't see where you're getting your arguments from.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1052519 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you don't think health care in a country like ours should be so out of reach that Americans can't afford to get sick or lose everything if faced with a catastrophic illness.
Please tell me you don't think that and that practical solutions to health care reform was necessary.
perhaps you think that medical care is the most important thing in your life...

others have different priorities....

do you want the government to run your life and make your decisions???...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1052520 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans wanted to take the current system and improve it by reforming Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program.
The four-page Republican health care outline can be seen below. It allows states, associations and small businesses to pool together to offer health insurance. give tax credits to low and modest income Americans to help them buy health insurance and let dependents under twenty-five stay on their parent's health insurance.
Another main proposal was substantial financial assistance through new refundable and
advanceable tax credits to low and modest income Americans.
And medical liability reform would actually reduce costly unnecessary defensive medicine.
They also proposed health savings accounts and flexible spending arrangements as well as new tax benefits to offset the cost of long-term care premiums and giving financial help to caregivers who provide in-home care for a loved one.
Making health insurers more competitive nationwide is a practical solution to create a competitive market to lower costs of health care insurance.
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/GOPHealthPl...
All of these things combined would have been very good first steps to take. Making more changes and tackling more reforms could be done along the way..
This kind of major overhaul should be done in steps to assess how it's working and then continuing to take more steps.
Obamacare is chaotic, confusing and focuses mainly on government control rather than making it easier for people to make their own decisions.
So, in other words, Republicans wanted to do essentially what the democrats did except they didn't want doctor's to be held responsible for negligent actions, allow people with pre-existing conditions to access healthcare or stop the practice of dropping people from health care when they got sick. Doesn't sound like "good steps" to me.

"Health savings accounts and flexible spending arrangements as well as tax benefits to offset the cost of long-term care premiums and giving financial help to caregivers who provide in-home care for a loved one" already exists.

The ACA includes a way to sell insurance across state boundaries..."health care choice compacts." Even before passing the ACA, insurers could nsurers are allowed to sell policies only in states where they are licensed to do business. Most insurers obtain licenses in multiple states.

States have different laws regulating benefits, consumer protections and financial and solvency requirements. Even before the federal health law was passed, states could have set up compacts for health insurance. In fact, most insurers obtained licenses allowing them to sell policies in several states. The republicans want to circumvent state rights by preventing them from regulating benefits and consumer protections. Hard to believe that a party who supposedly believes in "state's rights" would advocate for trouncing on those rights.

Republicans claim their plan is “to help turn those states into more competitive marketplaces because they haven’t been able to do it on their own.” Sounds a little hypocritical don't you think?

That's all I have time to respond to this morning. Will check for your reply when I get back from breakfast.:0)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1052521 Jan 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<ahem>
A geothermal ground loop requires circulating the ground water. To circulate the ground water, you have to apply energy to some device that forces the ground water to circulate through your system. This is usually an electric motor. The amount of ground water required to be circulated is dependent on the depth of the source, which is related to the in-situ temperature. The electric motor requires an input of energy. This input of energy is from a coal-fired electrical plant.
The bottom line is, you can't get more energy out of a system than you put into a system. However, thermodynamically, radiating heat by circulating ground water is a more efficient than radiating heat generated by an electrical current passed through a resistor. But, the energy required to energize the inductors in your electric motor will be just about equal the the amount of energy saved by the difference in efficiency of the different radiators.
Here's a link that will show you how you can verify this:
http://books.google.com/books...
I like mine. It is a very cheap way to heat/cool this house. Even with two daughters who don't know how to turn anything off the electric bill hardly ever goes over $200 winter/summer and over $100 spring/fall.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052522 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
But Dennis Rodman can't wait to give this evil spoiled dictator another hug. He should take a tour of the gulags. Three generations of families can be sent there before an initial infraction as benign as humming a South Korean song is expunged. Children are tortured, beaten to death and routine starvation is the norm.
Or he should talk to gulag survivor, Shin Dong-hyuk, who was born in a gulag and miraculously escaped as a young man. He was tortured as a 14-year-old after informing on his mother and brother for discussing an escape plan (he was brainwashed into believing this was the right thing to do) but, instead of being rewarded, the guards put a steel hook through his body and suspended him over a fire. He and his father were later forced to watch his mother and brother executed.
Rodman looks foolish thinking he's some kind of human rights ambassador trying to warm up to Kim Jong-un. I'm not even sure that's his motive. He might be just plain foolish.
But the question once again remains...where is the UN? And what exactly is their purpose?
I'm wondering how long it will take Kim to get tired of this Rodman clown and feed him to the dogs.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1052523 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG OMG
Yet, if it only helps .2% of overweight adults would reduce calories by 100 a week, it would save more than that in health care costs.
You're a moran! They would have to change it every time they changed a product, the product size changes, or the ingredients are changed. Plus man hours to do so. Stay with cutting grass. It's hard to screw that up.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1052525 Jan 3, 2014
"Christopher Cherry, an assistant professor of civil and environmental engineering at University of Tennessee, and his colleagues found that in terms of air pollution, electric vehicles were more harmful to public health per kilometer traveled than gasoline-powered cars."

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1052526 Jan 3, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You should post Topix rules for proper etiquette by "USAdida180"
So far we have no personal attacks, no trolls who only stop in to disrupt things, and no "retroactive psycho stalkers" who collect post numbers.
Your desire to censor other's behavior would pretty much render this thread empty.
but your desire to censor this thread is ok??

You haven't changed a bit, Gunner.

You Ignore NoSurprise and his homophobic insane rants.

You Ignore ShittyRejection with his racist rants.

You Ignore Nobraina calling for liberals to be killed.

You Ignore Eman telling Lily to kill herself.

You ignore the nutjob from OK, with his filthy attacks on Lily.(one just a few messages back).

But you pretend it's only the left attacking others.

Until the behavior of the right wing nutjobs changes, you have no room to criticize anyone.

You're still a runt with a 'c'.

No woman here rates that insult, but you richly deserve it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1052527 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG OMG
So, if the routeman puts a label in the wrong location on one machine, and some welfare slug who buys Ho-Hos anyway has a heart attack after right after eating one of the Ho-Hos with the wrong label showing, they sue the company that owns the machines and puts them out of business, right?

This brings up another thing that doesn't make sense. I recall reading a report not long ago about one of the biggest problems with the so-called "poor" people was that they have a propensity to be fat.
Kindly tell us how in hell a poor person can possibly get fat.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1052528 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG OMG
why is it that you gave no problem spending other peoples money? That $10 is not yours. Quit telling people what to do. A label will not reduce obesity in this country.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1052529 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG OMG OMG
if an idiot like dumbdave can't read the side of a candy bar what makes anyone think he will read a sign on the side of the machine. How many libtards read the stupid signs they made places like McDonald's put on the wall and have to change every time the menu changes? My guess damn near zero! Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
dem

United States

#1052530 Jan 3, 2014
Greetings, az zhole idiot tea baggers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Thinking 226,554
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Brian_G 305,485
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,102
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••