Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374963 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNin

United States

#1052539 Jan 3, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, just Abort the SOB.
Obamacare will pay for it.......
"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n
dem

United States

#1052540 Jan 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>if an idiot like dumbdave can't read the side of a candy bar what makes anyone think he will read a sign on the side of the machine. How many libtards read the stupid signs they made places like McDonald's put on the wall and have to change every time the menu changes? My guess damn near zero! Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
Admitting you read at a 5 th grade level is giving yourself too much credit, tea bag dumb azz.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1052541 Jan 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering how long it will take Kim to get tired of this Rodman clown and feed him to the dogs.
Rodman is walking a very thin line. He's being used by this thug so he will look like a good guy in the eyes of the world to distract from killing his own family members and the horrors of the gulags. You don't cavort with the devil and you don't hug the likes of Kim Jung-un - especially if you're an American.
dem

United States

#1052542 Jan 3, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>why is it that you gave no problem spending other peoples money? That $10 is not yours. Quit telling people what to do. A label will not reduce obesity in this country.
Bwagahahaha
Learn English you dk swinging chimp.
dem

United States

#1052543 Jan 3, 2014
Looks like I better shut this tea bag butt fk session down for good.
dem

United States

#1052544 Jan 3, 2014
Hope you tea bag fktard are ready to do a lot of ignoring. Or you could try and fight back and have me rip your hearts out.
Limousine Liberal

Lindenhurst, NY

#1052545 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this lame argument.
Lets talk about the oil sands of Canada.
Lets talk about train explosions with burinng oil
Lets talk about the pipeline spills
Lets talk about grounded takers
Lets talk about fracing.
lets talk about pollution from burning oil & its products.
And all you got is pollution from mining?
My God you people are so desperate.
If Rush Limbaugh instead of Al Gore talked about Global Warming, every one of you dipsticks would have your roofs covered in panels, a windmill in your yard & driving Priuses.
You bet your ass. Republicans are such hypocrites. Al Gore is right. He has roof panels on every one of the giant homes he owns. He made sure the windmills were off a public beach and not his private beach to spoil his view and he has Priuses in just about every city that he jets to. He uses them after he departs from the SUV motorcades.
dem

United States

#1052546 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Rodman is walking a very thin line. He's being used by this thug so he will look like a good guy in the eyes of the world to distract from killing his own family members and the horrors of the gulags. You don't cavort with the devil and you don't hug the likes of Kim Jung-un - especially if you're an American.
North Korea is exactly the type of government you imbecile tea baggers would love.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1052547 Jan 3, 2014
The GOPís ĎJobsí Hypocrisy

Conservatives are suddenly hot on measures that Democrats have been touting for years. So why canít they canít acknowledge their own party is the biggest obstacle?

I bring good news this new year! Conservatives have a jobs agenda, one that isnít built around merely cutting taxes and regulations and getting the government out of the way so the free market can strut its stuff.

Noóthis includesÖ are you ready?Ö infrastructure investment, and a monetary policy less obsessed with keeping inflation under 2 percent. Itís new, itís exhilarating, itís brilliant! And itís the same stuff that Barack Obama and most liberal Democrats have favored for years.

When David Frum, whom I respect a great deal, tweets that a new article should be thought of as ďa Ď95 thesesí moment for the reformist right,Ē he gets my attention. So I clicked immediately and read through ďA Jobs Agenda for the Right,Ē by Michael Strain of the American Enterprise Institute, from the new issue of National Affairs. I liked the essay and even agreed with a respectable percentage of what Strain had to say. But reading it was far more infuriating than reading something by a conservative and disagreeing with every syllable, because articles like Strainís refuse to acknowledge, let alone try to grapple with, the central and indisputable fact that the contemporary Republican Partyóhis presumed vehicle for all this pro-jobs reformóhas opposed many of these initiatives tooth and nail.

.....Usually, with regard to jobs and wage stagnation and poverty and so on, the problem is that conservatives deny empirical reality. This gives us people like Paul Ryan, for example, who genuinely seems to believe, in the face of the mountains of evidence about how the social safety net and federal entitlements have saved millions from lives of far worse destitution, that all government can do is make slaves of people. Thatís bad enough.

But now, we have conservatives who accept enough empirical reality to agree that public investment is not a crime against nature, but who deny the political reality that the Republican Party stands in the way of progress. This may actually be worse. The only hope of changing Washington for the better is getting a Republican Party in which there are enough legislators who act like legislators again and who are willing to cross party lines occasionally for the sake of governance and the country. If conservative intellectuals keep pretending this isnít a problem, there is no hope that it will change.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1052548 Jan 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words, Republicans wanted to do essentially what the democrats did except they didn't want doctor's to be held responsible for negligent actions, allow people with pre-existing conditions to access healthcare or stop the practice of dropping people from health care when they got sick. Doesn't sound like "good steps" to me.
"Health savings accounts and flexible spending arrangements as well as tax benefits to offset the cost of long-term care premiums and giving financial help to caregivers who provide in-home care for a loved one" already exists.
The ACA includes a way to sell insurance across state boundaries..."health care choice compacts." Even before passing the ACA, insurers could nsurers are allowed to sell policies only in states where they are licensed to do business. Most insurers obtain licenses in multiple states.
States have different laws regulating benefits, consumer protections and financial and solvency requirements. Even before the federal health law was passed, states could have set up compacts for health insurance. In fact, most insurers obtained licenses allowing them to sell policies in several states. The republicans want to circumvent state rights by preventing them from regulating benefits and consumer protections. Hard to believe that a party who supposedly believes in "state's rights" would advocate for trouncing on those rights.
Republicans claim their plan is ďto help turn those states into more competitive marketplaces because they havenít been able to do it on their own.Ē Sounds a little hypocritical don't you think?
That's all I have time to respond to this morning. Will check for your reply when I get back from breakfast.:0)
Politicians and the federal government has no place telling doctors what they can and cannot do when it comes to patient care.

That's what was wrong with HMOs. They were making the decisions for the doctors and many doctors were taking advantage of billing insurers for unnecessary treatments, excessive consultations and having to practice defensive medicine to avoid being sued.

That's why costs were soaring. We didn't look at the problem. Now the problem is worse because the federal government has now stuck its nose where it doesn't belong.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1052549 Jan 3, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<ahem>
A geothermal ground loop requires circulating the ground water. To circulate the ground water, you have to apply energy to some device that forces the ground water to circulate through your system. This is usually an electric motor. The amount of ground water required to be circulated is dependent on the depth of the source, which is related to the in-situ temperature. The electric motor requires an input of energy. This input of energy is from a coal-fired electrical plant.
The bottom line is, you can't get more energy out of a system than you put into a system. However, thermodynamically, radiating heat by circulating ground water is a more efficient than radiating heat generated by an electrical current passed through a resistor. But, the energy required to energize the inductors in your electric motor will be just about equal the the amount of energy saved by the difference in efficiency of the different radiators.
Here's a link that will show you how you can verify this:
http://books.google.com/books...
""But, the energy required to energize the inductors in your electric motor"

did he say 'energize the inductors'?? ROFLMAO

Stupid Dweeb is at it again. Making shit u[.

Please show us evidence of 'inductors' in an electric motor. LOL

You just dug yourself another idiot hole.

You're an idiot. An induction motor is an AC electric motor in which the electric current in the rotor needed to produce torque is induced by electromagnetic induction from the magnetic field of the stator winding.

there are no such things as 'inductors' in an electric motor, you nitwit.

----------

This is as stupid as your contention that the Supreme Court does not interpret the Constitution, even when the Supreme Court says that's what they do.

Or that there was no shutdown, though everyone in Washington says there was, including your hero, Commie Cruz.

Face it Dweeb, you're whacked!!
dem

United States

#1052550 Jan 3, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>"You should be embarrassed writing this tripe on a blog and attaching your name to it." -- shinningelectr0n
Ignorance cannot be embarrassed.
It's the motto of the Republican Party.
LCNin

United States

#1052551 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment started to steadily decline mid 1983 after Reagan inherited Carter's stagflation and recession. When Reagan left office it had declined to 5.3%.
http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet
Reagan cut taxes and spending, and employment grew rapidly. Unlike now.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/reagan...
Given the head of steam Reagan gave the 1990s and the Clinton presidency plus the fall of the Soviet Union and the Internet boom and declining energy prices, it may have been impossible to mess up that decade ó even with tax hikes.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2012/09/05/e...
Chery picking right wing sources
but still oversimplifications :-)

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1052552 Jan 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I like mine. It is a very cheap way to heat/cool this house. Even with two daughters who don't know how to turn anything off the electric bill hardly ever goes over $200 winter/summer and over $100 spring/fall.
I do agree. Part of my thesis was on geothermal cooling. More depends on the efficiency of the building being heated or cooled. If you have a well-built home that doesn't allow air with the heat to escape... and you can keep the doors closed with two daughters (easier than with two sons)... I can see a significant benefit.
I've got about 3400 sq ft on two levels. I routinely pay about $200 a month in (Texas Gulf Coast) summer, and somewhat less than that in winter. But, I don't have kids running in and out of the house all day anymore. I don't have a fireplace to augment the system. I find the key is quality of construction, creating a seal against heat transfer, which is most commonly caused by mass flow of heated/cooled air from inside to outside the house.
I'm a big fan of geothermal temperature control. However, there is another issue that nobody mentions. Everything is dependent on a source and sink for the heat. If you remove heat from your house, that heat is dissipated to the ground below your house. That heat is then dissipated by radiation through the strata back to the surface, which your house sits directly on top where the heat is radiating to, and by the movement of ground water through the aquifer. In a very high density of homes using this method, eventually in the direction of the flow of the ground water, the temperature in the aquifer being used will become equal to the temperature of the heat sources (the houses). The last house down dip will not see any benefit. The first house up dip will see the most benefit.
It was a very interesting study. I suggest continued application. We will eventually get to the point where we saturate the capability. Then, those houses receiving no benefit will have to be heated/cooled by some other method.
LCNin

United States

#1052553 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell me you don't think health care in a country like ours should be so out of reach that Americans can't afford to get sick or lose everything if faced with a catastrophic illness.
Please tell me you don't think that and that practical solutions to health care reform was necessary.
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
spoken like a true liberal.....

Please tell me you don't think health care in a country like ours should be so out of reach that Americans can't afford to get sick or lose everything if faced with a catastrophic illness.

Please tell me you don't think that and that practical solutions to health care reform was necessary.

Carol easily defeats
nobrainer with his phony libertarian
posts in the third person

LOL
LCNin

United States

#1052554 Jan 3, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorance cannot be embarrassed.
It's the motto of the Republican Party.
Republican war on the Middle Class

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1052555 Jan 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not this lame argument.
Lets talk about the oil sands of Canada.
Lets talk about train explosions with burinng oil
Lets talk about the pipeline spills
Lets talk about grounded takers
Lets talk about fracing.
lets talk about pollution from burning oil & its products.
And all you got is pollution from mining?
My God you people are so desperate.
If Rush Limbaugh instead of Al Gore talked about Global Warming, every one of you dipsticks would have your roofs covered in panels, a windmill in your yard & driving Priuses.
Start talking, dumbass.
dem

United States

#1052556 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>Politicians and the federal government has no place telling doctors what they can and cannot do when it comes to patient care.

That's what was wrong with HMOs. They were making the decisions for the doctors and many doctors were taking advantage of billing insurers for unnecessary treatments, excessive consultations and having to practice defensive medicine to avoid being sued.

That's why costs were soaring. We didn't look at the problem. Now the problem is worse because the federal government has now stuck its nose where it doesn't belong.
You are a fat smoker. Exactly the type of free-loader that sucks Medicare dry.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1052557 Jan 3, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
One of the big differences between Reagan and Obama is Reagan's "Peace through strength" during the Cold War and Obama's "Vulnerability through appeasement" with Russia, China and Iran.
Reagan understood one of the few primary roles of the federal government was national security through a strong military.
Obama doesn't seem to understand this. He's interested in a weak military and the federal government running the show in every aspect.
uh, carol.....

Reagan, contrary to his image as a champion of the bomb, was a nuclear abolitionist. This is not a mere historical curiosity. Abolishing nuclear weapons was one of Reagan's fundamental goals for his presidency. His desire to rid the world of nuclear weapons under≠pinned much of what he did as President in terms of his Cold War policy.

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/pres...

Tea Party Republicans Go Over the Cliff in Opposing Nuclear Arms Treaty Their Traditional Allies Want

http://www.alternet.org/story/149049/tea_part...
dem

United States

#1052558 Jan 3, 2014
Limousine Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>You bet your ass. Republicans are such hypocrites. Al Gore is right. He has roof panels on every one of the giant homes he owns. He made sure the windmills were off a public beach and not his private beach to spoil his view and he has Priuses in just about every city that he jets to. He uses them after he departs from the SUV motorcades.
Nostrilfuckface for sure

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr NightSerf 254,940
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 4 hr Earthling-1 9,555
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr ThomasA 310,986
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web