Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1746296 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052317 Jan 2, 2014
Oh great, the mountain lions are already on the roam in my piece of the world-two have been "harvested" -destroyed for coming too close to humans.

For some reason they move from one set of ridges north of us two hundred miles to another set south of us. They have at times came into town.

But, we do not need to see what is on our streets-right Homer.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1052318 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I have said many, many times, everyone needs to sit back, shut up.
Yeah, we know.

Many, many, many, many times.

So, sit back and shut up.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052319 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
How can a definition be "racist"? I didn't make up the origin of the word.
Good night.
Technically you did as you posted the one without any historical basis that had the most racist connotations rather than one that is documented from the Elizabethan times.

Good night
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052320 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you had been following this thread a little closer you would realize that there is a current effort to get the bankruptcy laws changed so that those who are gambling with their health by not purchasing insurance will not have that safety net to fall back on. If they want to gamble. Let them gamble.
So there is no law, but you would like it if there was one.

I think you fail to understand the law and how it works.
ptbw forever

United States

#1052321 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to deny that the Tea Party been trying to crack the whip and get everyone in line with their way of thinking, or else?
I am pretty sure that would be what progressives do when they use the federal govt to curtail rights of private citizens.

Even the word "progressive" is just another way of saying "my way, or the highway".
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052322 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that a foolish response? You posted "news" from a tabloid piece as "fact". I was just pointing out how absurd and "foolish" that is.
Now you are getting confused as to who posted what and just lashing out.

Do you not post from ThinkProgress , TPM et al?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052323 Jan 2, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we know.
Many, many, many, many times.
So, sit back and shut up.
Did she take your advice?

Bozeman, MT

#1052324 Jan 2, 2014
ptbw forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dumbass, which party got rid of the filibuster for political gain again?
And speaking of gerrymandering, didn't liberals invent that? Haven't liberals used gerrymandering ever since they created it to win bigger suburban and rural districts just outside the cities? Without gerrymandering Democrats couldn't
win one House seat in Kentucky, including Jefferson county and Louisville itself.
So now Democrats want to end gerrymandering...talk about losers changing the rules...
Why can't leftists ever be as smart as they claim to be on anything?
Follow the money - or in this case follow the lack of money.

Ask yourself who benefits from keeping people struggling to make ends meet? Who benefits from keeping people poor?

The liberals like to blame the "rich" but that's BS. It's the democrats who for the past 50+ years (and at every election) have promised to end or at least greatly reduce poverty. Well, guess what? 10 TRILLION redistributed dollars later, there's still massive struggling, there's more poverty than ever, and the democrats are still going strong on their empty promises and constant lies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1052326 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention. Responsible people who have health insurance and still find themselves filing bankruptcy because of health issues can have their medical expenses discharged. The irresponsible risk takers won't be granted that privilege.
those who file bankruptcy are not functional members of society and are irrelevant to the discussion...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1052327 Jan 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This Is why health care reform was absolutely necessary. No one in this country should not be able to afford to get sick or lose everything if it happens.
spoken like a true liberal.....
LCNin

United States

#1052328 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep repeating that same line..."There were far better solutions keeping health reform in the private sector". But not once have you come up with a "better solution".
The only answer Republican have other than tax deductions and tort reform for medical providers is Repeal Obamacare. It's pathetic.
check

and Check Mate

win goes to USAsince168
LCNin

United States

#1052329 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you haven't met Fenris, Kvetch, Surprize, Eman, Nostrilis Waxman, EasyEd, dimelectron, Galt or their sockpuppets. You might also want to look in the mirror.
interesting ....

Carol is real
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1052330 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice if everyone stopped speculating and second guessing....as you say, wishing for more bad news or a miracle. As I have said many, many times, everyone needs to sit back, shut up and let it succeed or fail on its own merits.
failure is a certainty.....

particularly if Obama is stopped from unilaterally changing the law without the approval of Congress...
LCNin

United States

#1052331 Jan 2, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree. But some too easily confuse evolution with adaption.
But if I may continue my previous thought from a few pages ago...
Even if modern man is a result of ET intervention, the creation would include ETs as well. And one might ask where primitive man came from. But it's plausible that primitive man was not so primitive but lived in caves after the great flood. Which puts into question yet another scientific theory.
However, very ancient civilizations with laser-beam cuts in granite and minute holes drilled into slabs of granite had to be made by technology that simply wasn't possible at that time.
But, anyway, I digress. Life's a mystery. Thanks for humoring me.
Life is a mystery !
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1052333 Jan 2, 2014
Here is the latest IPCC report on Global Warming

The group although still attempting to use the very flawed computer model predictions have settled for the low end of the range.

"The IPCC says:

“Overall, in the absence of major volcanic eruptions – which would cause significant but temporary cooling – and, assuming no significant future long term changes in solar irradiance, it is likely (>66% probability) that the GMST [global mean surface temperature] anomaly for the period 2016–2035, relative to the reference period of 1986–2005, will be in the range 0.3°C–0.7°C (expert assessment, to one significant figure; medium confidence).”(IPCC, 2013, p. 11-52).

Here is a chart showing computer model predictions since 1988 and actual data
http://wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/20...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1052334 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good night.
He was talking about your interpretation, Doodette.
ptbw forever

United States

#1052335 Jan 2, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course this was the HuffPo's reaction to a democrat's blatant racism - "Rangel Need Offer No Apology for Tea Party Racial Blast"
Why the double standard you may wonder?
According to the fine, upstanding progressives at HuffPo:
"Rangel's seemingly over-the-top racial broadside against the Tea Party was vintage Rangel. The congressman is no stranger to controversy and his shoot from the lip, pull no punches jibes at foes and even sometime friends is near legendary. But should Rangel apologize for his blanket indictment of the Tea Party as racist, and doing it with a racial pejorative to boot? Absolutely not; the problem with all the feigned indignation and hurt feelings is that his blast rings true."
That's right, folks. With absolutely no evidence of racism from the Tea Party, they're guilty because Charles Rangel, himself a proven thief and liar, said so.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/earl-ofari-hutc...
Republicans might as well just admit that Democrats are no longer a legitimate political party, because their refusal to call out progressivism for what it actually is is what's actually defeating them at the ballot box and killing their constituency.

Republicans need to accept that the party of true liberalism died the day John F. Kennedy's brain was splattered across the television screen, when Democrats embraced the anti-white freaks of the weather underground and allied that new white leftism with the black and brown fascists that studied under Malcolm X and other supremacists "of color".

Democrats don't care about immigration reform, it is all about disenfranchising the white voter before white people destroy this hate group that masquerades as a political party of tolerance.

Democrats don't care about gay rights or the freaks that lobby with them, it is all about splitting the white vote and destroying white families and white religious communities, while embracing easily the most anti-gay voter block in the country(black protestants).

The Democrats are literally just a hate group against white people, because that is what they have to be to hold their coalition of retarded thugs together.

Bozeman, MT

#1052336 Jan 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are multiple explanations of the origin and definition of "cracker," yet you chose to post this just moments ago: Crackers: "The word is thought to have either derived from the sound of a whip being cracked by slave owners" .

Of course you didn't "make up the origin of the word," you just picked the definition you felt was the best insult.

Lapeer, MI

#1052337 Jan 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
failure is a certainty.....
particularly if Obama is stopped from unilaterally changing the law without the approval of Congress...
The Jerk-In-Chief promotes a legislative piece of sh it, get s it passed and then sits back slapping patch after patch after patch onto it hoping it will stay afloat as we all watch it sinking. Maybe in 100 hundred years it might work?

If a hundred monkeys are given a hundred keyboards to beat on, sooner or later one will type out a Shakespearean play......

Maybe someone should hand the Magic Negro a set of golf clubs and a keyboard and maybe he'll pound out a form of healthcare that might work someday in the distant future.....

Lapeer, MI

#1052338 Jan 2, 2014
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is a mystery !
Not yours, Bozo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min June VanDerMark 336,943
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr hojo 12,332
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Chosen Traveler 35,804
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2