Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1050662 Dec 31, 2013
LCNin wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on which history you read.
You might enjoy reading
---What_Hath_God_Wrought .
byDaniel Walker Howe
Oxford University Press,
USA, Oct 29, 2007
Peace - a brief summary below
The Oxford History of the United States is by far the most respected multi-volume history of our nation. In this Pulitzer prize-winning, critically acclaimed addition to the series, historian Daniel Walker Howe illuminates the period from the battle of New Orleans to the end of the Mexican-American War, an era when the United States expanded to the Pacific and won control over the richest part of the North American continent. Howe's panoramic narrative portrays revolutionary improvements in transportation and communications that accelerated the extension of the American empire. Railroads, canals, newspapers, and the telegraph dramatically lowered travel times and spurred the spread of information. These innovations prompted the emergence of mass political parties and stimulated America's economic development from an overwhelmingly rural country to a diversified economy in which commerce and industry took their place alongside agriculture. In his story, the author weaves together political and military events with social, economic, and cultural history. He examines the rise of Andrew Jackson and his Democratic party, but contends that John Quincy Adams and other Whigs--advocates of public education and economic integration, defenders of the rights of Indians, women, and African-Americans--were the true prophets of America's future. He reveals the power of religion to shape many aspects of American life during this period, including slavery and antislavery, women's rights and other reform movements, politics, education, and literature. Howe's story of American expansion culminates in the bitterly controversial but brilliantly executed war waged against Mexico to gain California and Texas for the United States.Winner of the New-York Historical Society American History Book PrizeFinalist, 2007 National Book Critics Circle Award for Nonfiction
Well, actually I may have been too quick to say there weren't any conservative democrats. There were, indeed, a lot of democrats who voted right alongside republicans where equal and civil rights were concerned. Just not enough of them to pass any major legislation.

However, I've made mention of that fact numerous times - that not all democrats were southern racist democrats.

JFK, for example, was a conservative democrat. Today, he'd be considered a conservative republican.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1050663 Dec 31, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had just given him a bath and he needed to be dried out.
Did someone post earlier that you were looking for acorns? Cause I have a bunch of oak trees over here, but you better get to work. The squirrels are relentless. Must be a HARSH winter coming.
Hey did you read about the global warming nuts that got stuck in the ice? Apparently their investigations are not reaping what they want. They should be investigating in the Bahamas.
see, homer? This is funny sht. You used to be this funny until yer head got stuck.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050664 Dec 31, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Run some numbers by us on investor demographics RealDave....
I love it....
George Soros is an immigrant riiiighhht? How many other billionaire investment moguls are?

Why don't you run some numbers and then GFY.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050665 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only playground bullies invent wars that don't exist to rule the playground and only the weak-minded fall for anything to side with bullies rather than stand their ground because it's safer. Do you feel safer being protected by bullies, nuc?
Chew on that food for thought for a while.
He's a distant relative of Joe McCarthy. He thinks if he keeps saying that crap that it somehow gains credibility. In reality, he just comes across as an idiot.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1050666 Dec 31, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you right whiners keep proving how GD uninformed you.
Blocking the Civil Right Act had nothing to do with the Democrat Party. It had to do with the South, it was regional.
You f*cking idiots are so protective of your racist Republicans that you try to blame Democrats.
Idiot tell me out of the 21 Democrats that voted against the Civil Right Act switch Party?
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1050667 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess I have a class of two now - you AND Realtime.
The difference between being a conservative in the south today and a southern racist Democrat before 1964 is the issue of equal rights for blacks.
Conservatism survived in the south because a lot of northerners migrated there after 1954 and because the good ole' racist southern democrats failed to keep blacks from having equal rights and became honorary members of the Democratic Party.
Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Orlando, FL

#1050668 Dec 31, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone post earlier that you were looking for acorns? Cause I have a bunch of oak trees over here, but you better get to work. The squirrels are relentless. Must be a HARSH winter coming.
Hey did you read about the global warming nuts that got stuck in the ice? Apparently their investigations are not reaping what they want. They should be investigating in the Bahamas.
These same global warming nuts will adamantly and doggedly claim that getting stuck in the ice with icicles hanging from their noses is a direct result of global warming.

Now, if they were swimming in the water and sunbathing on dry land....perhaps they'd be more convincing. Homer would too.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050669 Dec 31, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you defend Phil Robertson's pedophile beliefs.
It's ok for a backwoods redneck to speak of men marrying underage girls.
But not ok for liberals to say stupid things about a mixed race child??
So Beck, Rush and the right gets to insult the Obama girls, and that's ok.
----------
""Rush Limbaugh today mocked President Obama's 11-year-old daughter Malia. Rush's mockery comes on the heels of Glenn Beck's attack on the Obama girls' intelligence, and recalls a past incident in which Limbaugh reportedly referred to then-13-year-old Chelsea Clinton as the "White House dog."
----------
But Bashir insults slutty Palin, and you have a shit orgasm??
You're a 'whatever', that's fer sure!!
You liberals thought it was pretty hilarious when it was Palin's kids being attacked. Bunch of hypocrites.....total waste of time.

BTW, Rush is a moron and his comments are inappropriate.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050670 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a weird thought. Not the part about him never answering my questions. But the other part.
he's the kid who's constantly socking the girl he has a crush on...sorry, but that's you.:-)
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1050671 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well....no...but if it makes you happy to think that....
History doesn't make mention of liberal republicans either.
Lincoln Chaffee is not mentioned in history__the Rockefeller Republicans?

Maybe we could make a list eh?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050672 Dec 31, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>George Soros is an immigrant riiiighhht? How many other billionaire investment moguls are?
Why don't you run some numbers and then GFY.
hahahaha...typical of this scumbag when asked to put up. Lmfao!

Orlando, FL

#1050673 Dec 31, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
FOX News isn't biased????
"Are you kidding me???????"
Does MSNBC, Fox's rival cable network, have conservative hosts, regular conservative contributors and routine panels consisting of conservatives and giving them equal time to discuss their side of any issue on every show?

I think not.

Fox simply reports the whole story behind any news. That's biased to liberals such as yourself.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050674 Dec 31, 2013
Where did that powerpuff girl go?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050675 Dec 31, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
see, homer? This is funny sht. You used to be this funny until yer head got stuck.
Thanks Eman.

You have to forgive Homer, it's been a rough year for him. He went to bat for Obama and well...... we all know how that worked out.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1050676 Dec 31, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
This reminds me of Sheriff Joe and his posse going to Hawaii to look for Obama's birth certificate. If they truly believed the BS why would they go there looking for it? I think they are still there.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050677 Dec 31, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
These same global warming nuts will adamantly and doggedly claim that getting stuck in the ice with icicles hanging from their noses is a direct result of global warming.
Now, if they were swimming in the water and sunbathing on dry land....perhaps they'd be more convincing. Homer would too.
didn't homer post something along the lines that because it was too cold to snow global warming must be real?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1050678 Dec 31, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you come up with this nonsense?
Sorry, but we don't normaly reveal our sources,,,,,first amendment rights, you know.

(it may have Jugdish down at the 7/11 but you did not get that from me)
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1050679 Dec 31, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you might have to exclude me, I hate everyone. But I mean that in a good christian way. God bless his heart.
You left one of your bear traps on my lawn again. Can you help me get this off my foot?

Orlando, FL

#1050680 Dec 31, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you come up with this nonsense?
Research. You should do it. It might not make you look so stupid...(no offense).

I'd do it for you myself as I've done so many times in the past, but you and Realtime apparently don't know how to use the mouse to click on the links.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1050681 Dec 31, 2013
Rush is a moron and his comments are inappropriate. - Peppy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 45 min Patriot AKA Bozo 2,170
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr ChristineM 231,895
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 306,588
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 28,219
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr PDX Dave 641
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) 8 hr Tell em Ump 144
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Sat ngzcaz 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE