Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394399 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RUSH10ME

Aylett, VA

#1051133 Jan 1, 2014
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Thats interesting you "wide mouth stance " tea bagger, guess you tea baggers aren't really "born gay" and the "gay gene" doesn't exist??
Meanwhile, you root smoocher libs are the party of tea bagging homosexuals, gay marriage and marry your pet gerbil you dumbass..
AND... Don't try to rope us normal people into your gay pride parade of tea bagging you pork puffer wide mouth nut job....
It's the culture....
He didn't get that round mouth by eating square meals , that's for sure.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051134 Jan 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Teddy would have been President if he hadn't murdered Mary Jo...
...as it was, he couldn't have been elected dogcatcher outside Massachusetts..
At least you have that right lol.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1051136 Jan 1, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hogwash Carol. Every morning when I go to the Op-Ed section of my paper I get to see columns from the likes of Cal Thomas, Charles Krauthammer, George Will, Thomas Sowell and others.
Sixty percent of the nation's daily newspapers print more conservative syndicated columnists every week than progressive syndicated columnists. Only 20 percent run more progressives than conservatives, while the remaining 20 percent are evenly balanced.
In eight of the nine divisions into which the U.S. Census Bureau divides the country, conservative syndicated columnists reach more readers than progressive syndicated columnists in any given week. Only in the Middle Atlantic division do progressive columnists reach more readers each week.
During the last election Campaign most media outlets had more negative coverage of Barack Obama than Mitt Romney.
Here's the breakdown of negative reporting of the President/ Romney;
CBS news: 63%/37%
The Washington Post: 61.8%/ 38.2%
USA Today: 59.6%/ 40.4%
The New York Times: 51.1%/ 42.9%
Mainstream media is corporate. Businesses act in their own self-interests, and in the interests of their shareholders. Big media companies are businesses --$360 billion worth. They want a cultural, labor, legislative, regulatory, and judicial environment that allows them to maximize profits. But progressive politics are an immediate and tangible threat to their interests. In what alternate universe would big media companies permit a liberal bias in their own programming?! "Liberal media bias" is more than a myth -- it's an absurd lie echoing from media corporations themselves, and resonating with the ignorant among us.
Dan Rather was set up by Karl Rove.
Syndicated columnists don't write the headlines or report the news with a progressive bias and why progressive columnists aren't necessary.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051137 Jan 1, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
anybody unwilling to make hard and unpopular choices is conceding defeat in advance...
the US will never control its budget without controlling entitlements, including pensions...
same goes for states and cities....
CHRISTIE..CHRISTIE..CHRISTIE/R yan/Paul..Uncle Joe et al 2016!!

Already there doing it FAIRLY-FOR the WORKING CLASS people as well...NOT divide and parasite suck WORKING class America dry against them!!!!
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1051138 Jan 1, 2014
John Boehner Blames President Obama For Three Years of Republican Incompetence

The President has begged, prodded, and pressured Republicans to work for the people creating jobs and growing the economy, but Republicans created phony scandals and refused to even debate, much less vote for, job creation bills, infrastructure improvements, or anything to grow the economy and assist the people. Two weeks ago Boehner, aware the people blame Republicans for Washington’s dysfunction and their economic plight, released a slick commercial accusing President Obama of “standing on the sidelines” and obstructing House Republicans’ heroic efforts to create jobs with legislation related to energy, education, agriculture, and healthcare.

Among the bills Boehner boasted House Republicans passed to grow the economy and create millions of jobs was superseding the President’s authority and passing legislation approving construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, overhauling Boehner’s failed No Child Left Behind education law, and of course, repealing the Affordable Care Act. In the ad, Boehner says “Here in the people’s House, we’re focused on getting the economy moving again, passing good jobs bills” even though none of the bills Boehner cited would have a positive impact on the economy or create jobs. Boehner and Republicans are desperate to convince people that the “do nothing” label they rightfully earned in 2013 has nothing to do with their phony scandals or obstruction and as is their wont, found what they think is an easy scapegoat that fools no-one but their dyed-in-the-wool supporters and Fox News’ audience. According to Boehner, Republican ineffectiveness, obstruction, and job-killing efforts were entirely the fault of Senate Democrats and President Obama. To punctuate what he thought was a convincing and valid argument, Boehner ends the minute-long infomercial asking “Mr. President, what are you waiting for?”

Any American with a brain knows the President was waiting for House Republicans to do their jobs for the people and to help the economy instead of the oil industry, private and religious education organizations, and insurance industry who are precisely who House Republicans served over the past year. For example, House Republicans’ so-called “focus on getting the economy moving again” included eliminating overtime pay, keeping the job-killing sequester, privatizing schools, hampering GDP growth, and enriching the oil industry; particularly the Koch brothers.

.....Under John Boehner’s leadership House Republicans have not passed one bill to create jobs or grow the economy since they won the majority in the 2010 midterm elections. They have, however, spent all of 2013 killing jobs and hampering economic growth with their precious sequester, cutting food stamps, failing to extend unemployment benefits, and shutting down the government which is their crowning achievement of 2013. All the while, President Obama pursued and promoted job creation bills such as an infrastructure improvement bank, Veteran’s job program, American Jobs Act, and called for raising the minimum wage to put money into the economy and create more jobs in the process. With each new proposal from the President, Republicans stood on the sideline and if they were not actively obstructing bills, they were cutting programs that create jobs, and damaged the economy by sending more Americans into poverty.

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/01/01/john-b...

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1051140 Jan 1, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Hmmm...
Obama close GITMO yet?
No because the GOP controlled Congress passed legislation shortly after he took office preventing it. Where have you been?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1051141 Jan 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you're still clinging to the "we invaded Iraq to spread freedom" excuse.
"Nuclear weapons!!"
No, wait
"Ties to 9-11!!!!!"
No, wait
"Spread democracy!!!! Yep lets stick with that one.
You people re dumber than sh*t.
why did Billy Bob Clinton sign the regime change for Iraq and make it law, because he ran out of cigars? maybe...Operation Iraqi Freedom under American law only, specifically the case and precedent for Operation Iraqi Freedom established by President Clinton and carried forward by President Bush. Why did Clinton say it was for freedom--cause he was not for freedom? look at who is dumber than pond scum. Can you say Real dumb Dave?

What was Clinton saying here: The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world. The best way to end that threat once and for all is with the new Iraqi government, a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people.
Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the price of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors; he will make war on his own people. And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051142 Jan 1, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called science you f*cking moron.
You were given a scientific explanation but noooooooo you were too GD stupid to get it.
While you're still at trying to figure out a cap for volcano's, and "how to mandate" air traffic from toxifying the atmosphere directly every day al bore DUHmmy...add in work on assembling an asteroid interceptor for those dinosaur erradicating cold snaps will ya please?

Thanks yew in advance.

(T.E.A.!! Because jackboot licking, bobbleheaded DUPE duhmmies like DUH A Vey require us!)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051143 Jan 1, 2014
Supreme Court halts contraception mandate for religious groups

By M. Alex Johnson and Winston Wilde, NBC News (1/1/2014)

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor granted a last-ditch plea from Catholic groups Tuesday night to block a birth control mandate in the new health care law for religious organizations, just hours before it was to have gone into effect.

Sotomayor issued the stay at the request of an order of Catholic nuns in Colorado, the Little Sisters of the Poor Home for the Aged. They are part of a larger effort by Catholic-affiliated groups from around the nation to halt provisions of the Affordable Care Act that require companies — regardless of religious beliefs — to provide contraceptives and other abortion-inducing drugs to their employees.

The groups want the mandate halted while the court considers a legal challenge, brought by the for-profit company Hobby Lobby, arguing that the requirement violates their religious liberties.....

GO Real AMERICA-home of the U.S.(NON-commieTIC) CONSTITUTION!!!

T.E.A.!!!
Patriots FOR America-not divide and parasite drain against it!!

Orlando, FL

#1051145 Jan 1, 2014
January 1, 2014. And so it begins....

...reality setting in.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1051146 Jan 1, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my topix friends!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have brought forth another sockpuppet creation from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "tell it like it is"!!! He will be posting along with one of my favorite socks, "Carlos Danger" for most of the day, so please my dear friends, stick around today!!!!
And welcome them today with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And not it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''Waxman''(the very chubby, chubby-chasing teabagger from Ct.)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
I think No Surprise is trying to get your attention. How about showing him some love and taking one for the team.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1051147 Jan 1, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>why did Billy Bob Clinton sign the regime change for Iraq and make it law, because he ran out of cigars? maybe...Operation Iraqi Freedom under American law only, specifically the case and precedent for Operation Iraqi Freedom established by President Clinton and carried forward by President Bush. Why did Clinton say it was for freedom--cause he was not for freedom? look at who is dumber than pond scum. Can you say Real dumb Dave?
What was Clinton saying here: The hard fact is that so long as Saddam remains in power, he threatens the well-being of his people, the peace of his region, the security of the world. The best way to end that threat once and for all is with the new Iraqi government, a government ready to live in peace with its neighbors, a government that respects the rights of its people.
Heavy as they are, the costs of action must be weighed against the price of inaction. If Saddam defies the world and we fail to respond, we will face a far greater threat in the future. Saddam will strike again at his neighbors; he will make war on his own people. And mark my words, he will develop weapons of mass destruction. He will deploy them, and he will use them.
its all in context and timing, something simple minded people fail to understand. When were those remarks made?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1051148 Jan 1, 2014
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the literature for yourself...make an analysis..
You look ignorant when you need al gore to SELL it to you...
I would suggest you do the same.
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1051149 Jan 1, 2014
The Facts About Benghazi

An exhaustive investigation by The Times goes a long way toward resolving any nagging doubts about what precipitated the attack on the United States mission in Benghazi, Libya, last year that killed Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three other Americans.

The report by David Kirkpatrick, The Times’s Cairo bureau chief, and his team turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or another international terrorist group had any role in the assault, as Republicans have insisted without proof for more than a year. The report concluded that the attack was led by fighters who had benefited directly from NATO’s air power and other support during the uprising against Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi and that it was fueled, in large part, by anger at an American-made video denigrating Islam.

In a rational world, that would settle the dispute over Benghazi, which has further poisoned the poisonous political discourse in Washington and kept Republicans and Democrats from working cooperatively on myriad challenges, including how best to help Libyans stabilize their country and build a democracy. But Republicans long ago abandoned common sense and good judgment in pursuit of conspiracy-mongering and an obsessive effort to discredit President Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who may run for president in 2016.

On the Sunday talk shows, Representatives Mike Rogers and Darrell Issa, two Republicans who are some of the administration’s most relentless critics of this issue, dismissed The Times’s investigation and continued to press their own version of reality on Benghazi.

Mr. Issa talked of an administration “cover-up.” Mr. Rogers, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee who has called Benghazi a “preplanned, organized terrorist event,” said his panel’s findings that Al Qaeda was involved was based on an examination of 4,000 classified cables. If Mr. Rogers has evidence of a direct Al Qaeda role, he should make it public. Otherwise, The Times’s investigation, including extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack, stands as the authoritative narrative.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/31/opinion/the... ;

"....Republicans have insisted without proof for more than a year"

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1051150 Jan 1, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
January 1, 2014. And so it begins....
...reality setting in.
At last! Welcome to the light! We forgive you.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1051151 Jan 1, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still going with that lie that conservative groups were targeted by the IRS at the behest of the President Carol? How come not one conservative group was denied 501(c)(4) status? How come the only groups denied were progressive groups?
No, Obama has not expanded the Patriot Act liar, in fact the DOJ under Holder has put restrictions in the use of National Security Letters that the Bush administration used to pry into what books we got from libraries and booksellers and what sites were being accessed on library computers.
PDuhPont

Al bore jackboot licking lemming.

Public libraries and the internet are just THAT.

PUBLIC tax payer domain.

Massholio-IDDDDD-EEE-Yut.

Orlando, FL

#1051152 Jan 1, 2014
What to expect in 2014 with Obamacare:

Medicaid which was designed to help the neediest among us today pays for two of every five babies born in the United States and three of every five people in long-term care facilities in the US.

Obamacare will add another 20 million new Medicaid dependents. According to the Kasier Family Foundation, that Medicaid expansion will add an average of 13% to state budgets in costs for 2014 alone.

Who pays for that expansion to state budgets?

LCN? PDupont? Homer? Realtime?
sonicfilter

Greenwood, IN

#1051153 Jan 1, 2014
Alan Colmes Defends Melissa Harris-Perry:‘Panel Was Mocking GOP, Not Romney’s Black Grandson’

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/alan-colmes-defend...

and since everyone mocks the GOP....what's the big deal?
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1051154 Jan 1, 2014
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
When we Tea Party Patriots take back the country in 2014 because of obama bin Lyin, you commies, brown shirt liberals and moochers will need to learn and fish or cut bait for the next 2 years!!! Teabaggers takin over!!!!!!!!!!
A tea bagger Conneticunt liberal so ashamed of his homosexuality and deviance tea bagging, you tea bagger accuse others of your inbreeding genetic defects...

oh yes, and every neighborhood or blog has a nutjob tea bagger like you tea bagger..

It's the culture....
LCNin

United States

#1051156 Jan 1, 2014
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Suggest you read more information about the Great Depression.
http://uspolitics.about.com/od/economy/tp/wha...
The Feds raised interest rates to curb Wall Street speculation. The banks had loaned money to finance post WWI restoration and then began failing. A five year bull run on the market led to the stock market crash.
Hoover and Congress did raise tariffs to protect the American farmer resulting in a decline in world trade but economists agree that alone did not cause the Great Depression.
The real question is was the New Deal, excessive federal government legislation, increasing the deficit to unprecedented heights, raising taxes, removing the nation from the gold standard, and the birth of big government the right solution to ending the Great Depression.
http://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1851.html
Amusing cut and past troll stuff on the depression.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min superwilly 255,481
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,779
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 hr Trojan 32,287
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Jun 16 ThomasA 311,316
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web