Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1421500 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1050098 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> A a US citizen, I along with other US citizens, consider the United States of America as our country.
If the U.S. is not your country, what is?
So, you are now changing the subject from taxes as theft, as you call them, to "you didn't build that"? Another right whiner trait you people employ wen you are getting your ass kicked.
Government has put forth the infrastructure & legal network to unable people to start & grow their businesses.
"Government has put forth the infrastructure & legal network to UNABLE people to start & grow their businesses."

you got that right

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1050099 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think its admirable waiving a piece of paper around while holding a gun to someones head and taking their property?
If church members got together and decided that you live in their district and that you owe them taxes and put a gun to your head, does that make the theft legitimate?
So now you call the Constitution just a "piece of paper".

You might get kicked out of the right whiners club if you keep that up.

If you want to live in this country then you need to abide by the laws of this country.Laws that were written by elected representatives.

The Church as no legal basis to levy taxes onto the general public. If they did & try to collect by force, it would be illegal.

The church can levy fees to their members if they want & kick them out f they do not pay.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1050100 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"runs away"...lol. Its the pisswater.
Oh my, he runs away twice.

Tell us again about Kesha Rogers eman__this time tell the real story instead of the fairytale eh?
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050101 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> A a US citizen, I along with other US citizens, consider the United States of America as our country.
If the U.S. is not your country, what is?
So, you are now changing the subject from taxes as theft, as you call them, to "you didn't build that"? Another right whiner trait you people employ wen you are getting your ass kicked.
Government has put forth the infrastructure & legal network to unable people to start & grow their businesses.
A citizen is one that owes allegiance in exchange for a duty of protection.
Do you think that there is a duty to protect?
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050102 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Now you think extortion is legal? Do the store owners elect the mafia leaders?
No , I didn't elect the demorats and repukes either, what's your point?

Newville, PA

#1050103 Dec 30, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Government has put forth the infrastructure & legal network to UNABLE people to start & grow their businesses."
you got that right
Enable - it was a typo.

If you think you can start & run a successful business without using the country's infrastructure & legal network, let me now.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050105 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
my gang? Who is my gang? My gang must be those who understands that we need to support our country through taxes.
Evidently, you call that theft/extortion.
If you are taking something tuat isnt yours that is theft. Didn't your momma teach you anything?

Newville, PA

#1050106 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
A citizen is one that owes allegiance in exchange for a duty of protection.
Do you think that there is a duty to protect?
Some of our taxes go towards the military & law enforcement. To think this is some sort of mafia protection scheme is just plain dumber than sh*t.

The "protection" that the military & police provide are not related to the amount of taxes you pay.

You evidently think a poor person gets no "protection" because thy pay no taxes?

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#1050107 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>His Godliness?
Barack Hussein Obama, born of a communist harlot, is the idol you worship.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050108 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to live in this country then you need to abide by the laws of this country.Laws that were written by elected representatives.
The Church as no legal basis to levy taxes onto the general public. If they did & try to collect by force, it would be illegal.
The church can levy fees to their members if they want & kick them out f they do not pay.
I see no evidence that the constitution and laws are applicable to me, the same way that the churches laws wouldn't be applicable to you.
If you have any evidence that the constitution and laws apply to me then please put this evidence forward.
Otherwise we are still dealing in theft.

Newville, PA

#1050109 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are taking something tuat isnt yours that is theft. Didn't your momma teach you anything?
If I walk past a basket of apples that are not mine but a sign says "free apples",I can legally take it.

If you are a citizen of this country,then you abide by the law or pay the consequences. When the law says you owe taxes, then you owe taxes. If you do't want to pay taxes, you pay the consequences if you don't pay or you can leave this country& find a tax free country in which to reside.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050110 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference if you are waiving around a cross or a piece of paper while holding a gun to someones head, it is still theft.

Is there any reason why government couldn't operate by voluntary support? Why or why not?

Newville, PA

#1050111 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
No , I didn't elect the demorats and repukes either, what's your point?
We have elections. Your lack of participation or poor choice of candidates does not exclude you from the law.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050112 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Enable - it was a typo.
If you think you can start & run a successful business without using the country's infrastructure & legal network, let me now.
Ya Freudian slip.
Haha
As if businesses aren't run without the us governments help.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050113 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of our taxes go towards the military & law enforcement. To think this is some sort of mafia protection scheme is just plain dumber than sh*t.
The "protection" that the military & police provide are not related to the amount of taxes you pay.
You evidently think a poor person gets no "protection" because thy pay no taxes?
Its the same thing, the money isn't given voluntarily.
Abolish The Fed

Newark, NJ

#1050114 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> We have elections. Your lack of participation or poor choice of candidates does not exclude you from the law.
And the mafia could have elections too but lack of participation is my fault.
Exclude me from what law? You mean the decree from the mafia bosses?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050115 Dec 30, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my, he runs away twice.
Tell us again about Kesha Rogers eman__this time tell the real story instead of the fairytale eh?
go fck yourself, scumbag.

Newville, PA

#1050116 Dec 30, 2013
Abolish The Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya Freudian slip.
Haha
As if businesses aren't run without the us governments help.
Name all these companies that do not utilize the highway system, electric grid, legal system, banking systems- all built and/or regulated by government.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1050117 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Can you possibly get any dumber?
Whoosh -that was my statement to you and your hyperbole.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1050118 Dec 30, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Enable - it was a typo.
no sht, Sherlock.

the difference between you and me is I believe in government for the people, not people for the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 30 min Susanm 311,634
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 256,652
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 32,341
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr RiccardoFire 201,890
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Earthling-1 10,070
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web