Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418697 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045499 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
When James Watt built the Steamboat, it was because the Dept of Transportation sent him money, engineers and diagrams on how to do it.
When Orville & Wilbur Wright built an airplane, it was also because of the Dept of Transportation sending them money, engineers and diagrams on how to do it.
And when the Magic Negro was born in Hawaii, it was because of Photoshop.
You should probably be careful with that kind of satire.

Some on here will think you've gone over to their side because they believe it. Because Obama told them to believe it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1045500 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush on Duck Dynasty....
"You watch this and you won't know whether its ratings are high because people relate to it or they're laughing at it."
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/26/...
Anybody who has watched the show knows it is staged. No one believes the crew in the duck call room really spends all the day in the room shooting the breeze as they also have other duties -but it doesn't make what they say any less funny.

Orlando, FL

#1045501 Dec 19, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
By my finely tuned research and calculations exactly zero. Jerry Springer is on opposite them in most time zones.
Your calculations from all probability is right. Zero. Jerry Springer exposed the basest of human behavior. Let's hope even most liberals had more sense than to tune in and think it was entertainment.

Orlando, FL

#1045502 Dec 19, 2013
Time to say goodnight. So goodnight.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1045503 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the underlying danger of these times in which we live. Control the media. Control health care. Control speech. Control the masses.
Very dangerous, indeed. If Americans still haven't figured it out by the next two elections, I'm done. Literally. Will mourn my country and live out the rest of my days as a former American. Truly. If Americans still don't get it in two years, it won't be my country anymore.
The only way I could cope with Obama's second win was believing there's a silver lining. If Obamacare and the growing intolerance from the left isn't it, progressive liberalism won. And I'm out.
If you are walking down the street and suddenly become trapped within a Fools Parade, don't be embarrassed. You'll get out sooner or later.

It is critical today that parents teach their kids critical thinking and warn them of the dangers of Liberal Group Think.

These skills are completely absent from within academia and are, in fact, intentionally kept out of reach from the children. And so it falls to the individual family unit to fight this scourge. God help us. We need a second revolution from within the family unit - men & women - to let freedom ring once again.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1045504 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who has watched the show knows it is staged. No one believes the crew in the duck call room really spends all the day in the room shooting the breeze as they also have other duties -but it doesn't make what they say any less funny.
To hell with truth Phil said about gays and homosexuality I want to hear what Si has to say about Johnny Kerry Heinz .

Lapeer, MI

#1045505 Dec 19, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you might come up with some new Nonsense :-)
You are increasingly acting like Yeah with each day that passes.

Have you become a senile alcoholic banging the keyboard all day long, too?

Lapeer, MI

#1045506 Dec 19, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
finally, a picture of Doorknob Dave and his new Xmas present surfaces:
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/amazon-3...
In Doorknob Dave's case, those are different kinds of buns on each side of his head:}

Lapeer, MI

#1045507 Dec 19, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Careful now, "uselesssinceforever00 " wants to tax those businesses that provide jobs and grow the economy out of business. She knows for a fact that only government can develop businesses and be successful. She knows those those who dare start a business are all all tax cheats. When it comes to the economy "uselesssinceforever00 " knows all.
Peace
Merry Christmas
uselesssinceforever00 --- Success is none of her business.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045508 Dec 19, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
you missed your fresh Depends at noon, don't worry you'll get one at midnite, fartsack.
lol! I keep telling you son....

.. I don't need yours! In fact, you need it more than I do!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045509 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Man...Liberals really are angry at the world. Why must they continually drag the rest of us down into their bitterness?
lol! Son, I keep telling you people you're so mad at liberals and hate America so just leave!

As I said before.... you'll be happy... the people left behind will be happy... everyone will win!

But noooooooooo........ you're too lazy to pack up your things for a better life and instead, simply mope around and complain how other people make your life miserable!!!!

What acrewed and mixed up bunch of nuts you people are!

But I love your comedy!!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1045510 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
this is the lead....
El Rushbo Takes a Shot at Duck Dynasty
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/26/...
context seems quite clear to me.
referencing your own link, Rush had not even seen the show when he made this broadcast...

you're even phonier than your butt buddy Realtime, pal....

you're a worthless piece of chit, as the draft-dodger Realtime would say...

go back to the birther thread...

ROTFLMAO.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045511 Dec 19, 2013
lol! Ah! The reich wing squealers and criers are out tonight!

The draft tastes extra good!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045512 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
uselesssinceforever00 --- Success is none of her business.
lol! I'm glad you don't say anything intelligent son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045513 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You are increasingly acting like Yeah with each day that passes.
Have you become a senile alcoholic banging the keyboard all day long, too?
lol! What's the matter son?

Feeling outclassed in the intelligence department again?

That's normal.....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045514 Dec 19, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
'your latent fingerprints are all over Richard Simmons groin area. lmao
lol! It's amazing the places you touch son!

I hope you got permission first!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1045515 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time I here another Liberal Media Talking Head say "...and when the Republicans shut down the government..." my hands tighten. The lying bas turds of the Wu Mao Dang never stop rewriting history if it happened 250 years ago or just this morning.
The republicans shut down the government son.

And they were damn proud of it too!

So hey! Why aren't you mad at Paul Ryan and throwing him under the bus like you did Chistie?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1045516 Dec 20, 2013
Dammit, Topix ate my blather.
hands on ar

Zion, IL

#1045517 Dec 20, 2013
We don't need federal government
Phil Robertson 2016. Bunch a sissy demo-crats,and libtards, go to hell..

Merry Christmas
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1045518 Dec 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so confused it's scary. You honestly don't know conservative-leaning churches also help the poor?
According to a Syracuse University study, liberals are markedly less charitable than conservatives.
"Although liberal families' incomes average 6 percent higher than those of conservative families, conservative-headed households give, on average, 30 percent more to charity than the average liberal-headed household ($1,600 per year vs.$1,227)."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/200...
NBC News reported "It turns out that this idea that liberals give moreĀ…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story...
I believe this is the crux from where liberals' confusion stems. As someone said, "Have a heart. Just don't be stupid."
Liberals don't seem to know where not to cross that line.
And once again Carol you're making the false assumption that "charitable" giving largely goes to helping the poor when in fact very little of it actually does. Money given to churches mostly goes to operational expenses. In the case of right wing televangelists like Pat Robertson and the late Paul Crouch the "charitable" donations actually went to financing their opulent life styles. Much nongovernmental help to the poor is largely under the radar. I don't keep track every time I put money in the Salvation Army's red kettles. One of the ways my church helps the poor is to knit baby blankets for the infants of incarcerated mothers. My wife has knitted several but since she uses yarn from her own supply it doesn't get reported on our taxes. We also provide school supplies and Christmas toys for the children of these mothers but again these donations are unlikely to be reported.
The main source for help to the poor comes from the federal government as it should be. James Madison, the Father of the Constitution, in his veto message of legislation establishing the Episcopal Diocese of Washington giving it the responsibility for taking care of the poor told Congress the measure was "altogether superfluous if the provision is to be the result of pious charity." He added that the bill could "be a precedent for giving to religious societies as such a legal agency in carrying into effect a public and civil duty."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min zef 311,621
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr BFL 32,329
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr Earthling-1 10,065
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 hr Eagle 12 256,555
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web