Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1483200 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

LCNLin

United States

#1045475 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep waiting for the brave souls with a big microphone to start saying what a lot of us are thinking - including the National Black Republican Association - who are the only brave souls so far...it's time to impeach.
There's plenty of charges that will stick. He's not fit for leadership. At least not in this country. Maybe in Venezuela.
Now you are Black
after talking to the Magic Racist
LCNLin

United States

#1045476 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been suggested that the Robertsons might take their show elsewhere. A&E might have shot themselves in the foot big time.
How many liberals even watched that show anyway?
Your show stays here but it seem a rerun

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1045477 Dec 19, 2013
"That’s one of the problems of Obamacare itself – the perception that it’s a free lunch. Even those who do qualify for subsidies get that only through the collection of a myriad of taxes imposed by Obamacare. Those taxes apply to employers, insurers, and medical-device manufacturers, which drive up the costs for consumers and workers in indirect ways. It’s a shell game--not a reform that actually drives costs down. Instead Obamacare only masks price increases through dishonest opacity."

At this juncture I'd honestly like to see Obama supporters dying on the steps of hospitals that turn them away due to their crappy ACA "insurance"

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045478 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You make Progressive Liberals sound like people who have just lost their way but, in fact, we are witnessing a technique, a ploy implemented to get their way.
Whoever controls the conversation wins. Very simple.
If you open your mouth to disagree with the Magic Negro, you are shouted down as a racist.
If you disagree with homosexuality, you are shouted down as an intolerant redneck pig and then you get fired from your TV Show.
Paula Deen was asked if she ever used the n-word and she answered honestly. Naive as hell in today's Progressive Media climate but she answered honestly. Look what happened to her. The Liberal Media pummeled her.
Whoever controls the conversation controls the sociopolitical results and ultimately the power over others.
*THIS* is why Free Speech is such an anathema to Progressives. They fear its implementation anywhere inside of this country's town-hall squares. Free Speech must be quashed at any expense if Liberalism is to survive.
That is the underlying danger of these times in which we live. Control the media. Control health care. Control speech. Control the masses.

Very dangerous, indeed. If Americans still haven't figured it out by the next two elections, I'm done. Literally. Will mourn my country and live out the rest of my days as a former American. Truly. If Americans still don't get it in two years, it won't be my country anymore.

The only way I could cope with Obama's second win was believing there's a silver lining. If Obamacare and the growing intolerance from the left isn't it, progressive liberalism won. And I'm out.
LCNLin

United States

#1045479 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
People need to get a grip. Who cares if that's what one person believes? If liberals don't like it, they don't have to watch his show. Or go on another show and say they disagree.
It's not that big a deal. Everyone has their own beliefs and opinions about social issues. And you're right. If interviewers don't want to hear the answers to questions they decide to ask, then don't ask. Liberal interviewers do it on purpose. They think it's clever.
Progressive liberals have lost their ability to put things into perspective at the same time they've become experts at making mountains out of molehills.
At least you might come up with some new Nonsense :-)

“no one told me”

Denver

#1045480 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been suggested that the Robertsons might take their show elsewhere. A&E might have shot themselves in the foot big time.
By my finely tuned research and calculations exactly zero. Jerry Springer is on opposite them in most time zones.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1045481 Dec 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bull. In December, 2008, the unemployment rate was 7.3%. Last month it sat at 7%
according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and it has been going down steadily since 2010. So much for you claim that "the unemployment rate is up."
http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
"uslesssinceforever00 "
You are the one spreading the bull. You are correct in December 2008 the rate was 7.3%, up from 6.8% in November the month the boy president was elected. However you neglected to add that by January of 2009 the rate was 7.8% and by May the rate had exceeded 9%.
The fact remains by the time nobama was sworn in just the thought of his presidency raised the rate by 0.5%.
Peace
KMA
Merry Christmas
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1045482 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Radical Progressives none. It was so stupid for A&E to not know who their viewers are and talk as if they were doing this for their viewing audience.

Swamp People, Dinner Wars, Storage Wars, et al -yeah that sounds like a bunch of programs they would watch or perhaps would admit they watch.

They are watching MSNBC or the " real" reality shows like "The Idol" or whatever someone says is a hipster thing to do despite being older than forty.
LCNLin

United States

#1045483 Dec 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
scumbag sonic quoting out of context from a Limbaugh broadcast last April....
you're as much of a dirtbag as your butt buddy Realtime, pal...
ROTFLMAO....
How many homosexual posts has nobama/Galt posted in the last few years?

seem on his mind...

.latent homosexuality ?

Orlando, FL

#1045484 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice if these progressive groups like GLAAD targeted all homophobes (totally ignored Baldwin) and stop targeting those with Christian beliefs only.
Not hard to see what is going on here.
Not hard to see at all. For those of us who have our eyes open.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1045485 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush on Duck Dynasty....
"You watch this and you won't know whether its ratings are high because people relate to it or they're laughing at it."
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/26/...
It dosen't matter why , they still watched didn't they ?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1045486 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays just need a thicker layer of skin. They're too thin-skinned and progressive liberals act like their overprotective parents.
If they don't believe what they're doing is immoral, then that's between them and God or their own conscience.
They don't need progressive liberals' protection. And they don't have to pay any attention to anyone else who believes otherwise or take to heart what anyone else says if their conscience is clear.
We now have Hate Crimes.

Hate Speech is next.

If you have an opinion that will land you in jail if you mouth it, you will soon learn to keep your mouth shut in the presence of Liberal Though Police.

It is an old European Proverb that "Truth should only be shared between close friends".

But, living beneath the Magic Negro today, this saying is much more apropos:

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." --George Orwell

“no one told me”

Denver

#1045487 Dec 19, 2013
finally, a picture of Doorknob Dave and his new Xmas present surfaces:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/amazon-3...

Lapeer, MI

#1045488 Dec 19, 2013
Thought

Orlando, FL

#1045489 Dec 19, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Let's not forget the "you didn't build that" comment.
Yes, Mr. Obama, we DID build the roads and bridges with our taxes so we COULD build that!
He really must think money is harvested in federally-owned fields by federally paid immigrants.
Total disconnect.
That needs to be said more emphatically. So here goes...

Yes, Mr. Obama, we DID build that! Even the roads and bridges! With our taxes! So we COULD build that!

(Much better.)

Lapeer, MI

#1045490 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Targeting government soldiers was a big give away who did it-in the UN report that these and civilians were the victims.
Obama had to have KNOWN this when chest thumping. He knew the rebels had Sarin gas.
If Obama is truly appalled about the use of the Sarin gas then he should withdraw support for the rebels.
I love my country but I fear my government.

Especially the traitor at the top.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1045491 Dec 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think new businesses are started and jobs are created?
oh, right, the government....
"John Galt"
Careful now, "uselesssinceforever00 " wants to tax those businesses that provide jobs and grow the economy out of business. She knows for a fact that only government can develop businesses and be successful. She knows those those who dare start a business are all all tax cheats. When it comes to the economy "uselesssinceforever00 " knows all.
Peace
Merry Christmas

Orlando, FL

#1045492 Dec 19, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
We now have Hate Crimes.
Hate Speech is next.
If you have an opinion that will land you in jail if you mouth it, you will soon learn to keep your mouth shut in the presence of Liberal Though Police.
It is an old European Proverb that "Truth should only be shared between close friends".
But, living beneath the Magic Negro today, this saying is much more apropos:
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." --George Orwell
Ah, George Orwell...the prophetic writer who wrote about the future - where we're headed

He just got the year wrong. If progressive liberalism wins - because we really are in a war of ideologies to either preserve or transform this nation - give it another 70 years. "1984" will read more like a history book rather than fiction, and it should have been titled "2084".

Lapeer, MI

#1045493 Dec 19, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you think new businesses are started and jobs are created?
oh, right, the government....
When James Watt built the Steamboat, it was because the Dept of Transportation sent him money, engineers and diagrams on how to do it.

When Orville & Wilbur Wright built an airplane, it was also because of the Dept of Transportation sending them money, engineers and diagrams on how to do it.

And when the Magic Negro was born in Hawaii, it was because of Photoshop.

Orlando, FL

#1045494 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Radical Progressives none. It was so stupid for A&E to not know who their viewers are and talk as if they were doing this for their viewing audience.
Swamp People, Dinner Wars, Storage Wars, et al -yeah that sounds like a bunch of programs they would watch or perhaps would admit they watch.
They are watching MSNBC or the " real" reality shows like "The Idol" or whatever someone says is a hipster thing to do despite being older than forty.
Very likely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Jack N_ 10,802
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr DAVID27 313,226
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 32,718
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 20 Sue 286
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Jan 17 Go Blue Forever 75
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jan 17 louis 19
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jan 15 RiccardoFire 201,891
More from around the web