Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1044384 Dec 18, 2013
Duck-Fil-A, Or, The End Of ‘Duck Dynasty’

Phil Robertson, the don of all things Duck, has stepped in it now:

In statements that threaten the A&E reality hit’s wildly popular and uplifting brand of faith, family and hunting, the Robertson patriarch said:“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible:“Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added:“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

The magazine suggested Robertson’s son Jep endorsed his family’s beliefs:“We’re not quite as outspoken as my dad, but I’m definitely in line. If somebody asks, I tell ’em what the Bible says.”

Imagine that: openly pious Evangelical Christian duck hunters from northeastern Louisiana holding to normative Christian views about sexuality, and express that somewhat crudely. History’s Greatest Monsters!

Seriously, it’s probably over for the Duck Dynasty now. The Robertsons have touched the third rail of American media culture. The only way A&E holds on to them is because they’re cash cows. But it’s going to be hard for the family. I hope they’re ready for what’s coming. Wonder if you can get a serving duck down at the Chick-fil-A?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher...

i've never watched the show. what's the attraction?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1044385 Dec 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
India is in an uproar. The U.S. arrested an Indian woman, a diplomat, who tried to get papers illegally for her housekeeper. The Indians are claiming she was strip searched and treated like a common criminal.
Whether this is true or not - and whether she broke the law in our country and should have been arrested or not - is not the issue.
If it turns out these accusations are true, they have good reason to be in an uproar.
But it mainly proves that, when liberals were screaming Bush was creating enemies around the world for protecting us and countries around the world, it didn't mean their anger was justified.
The U.S. is going to get blamed by lesser developed countries for just being the more developed, i.e. the more mature, like a parent who does the right thing in spite of being blamed and hated for doing so.
At least liberals know what's it like to be hated and blamed under a Democrat administration - if, in fact, it was the right thing to do.
(Didn't have to work today after all. But gotta go somewhere else now.)
maybe they should have raped her.

India would have been ok with that.

don't you just love double standards?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1044386 Dec 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the difference whether a pizza is delivered by a drone or by some kid in his filthy old car....
get a life fkface....
go back to the birther thread, doll...
ROTFLMAO...
Listen up fkface.

Beyond the sheer cost of the drones necessary to deliver 5 lb packages in all sorts of weather conditions and the costs for FAA licensed operators of such__America's neighborhoods are littered with trees, powerlines and certain other obstructions, owls for instance.

Beyond that the conversation is pointless.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1044387 Dec 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"...the medical system that was working fine before Obama screwed the pooch."
Millions of Americans without health insurance and Galt claims "..the medical system is working fine…".
Translation, "The medical system is working fine for me, fck everyone else".
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1044388 Dec 18, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Joe Biden for president 2013!!
Hi Killer,
You keep posting this stupidity for a reason? 2013 is over dummy

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1044389 Dec 18, 2013
LMAO!!!

Cells taken from the retina are inkjet-printed for the first time
December 18, 2013

retinal_cells
Close-up of retinal cells in a jet (credit: IOP Publising, Biofabrication)

UK researchers have used inkjet printing technology to successfully print ganglion cells and glial cells taken from the eye for the very first time.

The breakthrough could lead to the production of artificial tissue grafts made from the variety of cells found in the human retina and may aid in the search to cure blindness.

The results are preliminary and provide proof-of-principle that an inkjet printer can be used to print the two types of intact cells from the retina of adult rats in patterns.

This is the first time the technology has been used successfully to print mature central nervous system cells and the results showed that printed cells remained healthy and retained their ability to survive and grow in culture.

The ability to arrange cells into highly defined patterns and structures has recently elevated the use of 3D printing in the biomedical sciences to create cell-based structures for use in regenerative medicine.

In their study, the researchers used a piezoelectric inkjet printer device that ejected the cells through a sub-millimeter diameter nozzle when a specific electrical pulse was applied. They also used high speed video technology to record the printing process with high resolution and optimised their procedures accordingly.

“In order for a fluid to print well from an inkjet print head, its properties, such as viscosity and surface tension, need to conform to a fairly narrow range of values. Adding cells to the fluid complicates its properties significantly,” commented Dr Wen-Kai Hsiao, another member of the team based at the Inkjet Research Centre in Cambridge.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1044390 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe they should have raped her.
India would have been ok with that.
don't you just love double standards?
Interesting that she was involved with womens rights in India and wanted to have a slave for herself. Isn't there a Saudi princess doing time for the same thing?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1044391 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
In statements that threaten the A&E reality hit’s wildly popular and uplifting brand of faith, family and hunting, the Robertson patriarch said:“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Robertson then paraphrased Corinthians from the Bible:“Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”
And if that wasn’t explicit enough, the “Duck Commander” added:“It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
The magazine suggested Robertson’s son Jep endorsed his family’s beliefs:“We’re not quite as outspoken as my dad, but I’m definitely in line. If somebody asks, I tell ’em what the Bible says.”
Imagine that: openly pious Evangelical Christian duck hunters from northeastern Louisiana holding to normative Christian views about sexuality, and express that somewhat crudely. History’s Greatest Monsters!
Seriously, it’s probably over for the Duck Dynasty now. The Robertsons have touched the third rail of American media culture. The only way A&E holds on to them is because they’re cash cows. But it’s going to be hard for the family. I hope they’re ready for what’s coming. Wonder if you can get a serving duck down at the Chick-fil-A?
Me neither; just the sight of those hillbillies is revolting. I'd say the attraction is killing animals with guns. Welcome to the Teaparty.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1044392 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you got nothing.
lily pulls a lily
lol! Again! You're looking in the mirror!

Son, you should open your eye while you're at it!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044393 Dec 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

Gingrich says those who run the cities make then poor instead of realizing that they were poor before they elected anyone.
policies that discriminate against producers to coddle the poor obviously drive productive people out of the cities, leaving the poor to cannibalize each other...as in Detroit...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1044394 Dec 18, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
You left some wars and Presidents out sparky///
go on back a few hundred years...
lol! Oh, I didn't leave anything out son!

OTOH, you may have a different point that requires those wars. Feel free to present... but I'm betting you'll duck and run instead!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1044395 Dec 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice slur.
Followed by Merry Christmas.
What is wrong with you people?
"real dumb"
I have to note you did not comment on the fact the boy president nobama will not release his grades. Does he have something to hide? Is he a coward? I do not know, but if he has nothing to hide why does he not end the discussion by releasing the documents in question?
Peace
KMA
Merry Christmas
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1044396 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not just lagging but since Obama the gap between unemployed minorities and those not labeled as such is widening.
The flaw lies with this administration.
lol! Good personal opinion son!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1044397 Dec 18, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What a dupe.
Here is what others said about your post:
Igor Volsky at ThinkProgress has declared this article is “totally wrong.”
That's as far as I needed to read.

More proof (like I needed it) that you're a completely indoctrinated, narrow-minded leftist.

DupedDave...dumber than sh*t, indeed.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044398 Dec 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Personally I'd take the drones. The Papa John delivery drivers around here are morans. Haven't bought Dominoes in years but some of their sandwiches look good. I do like being able to order on the computer/phone without talking to a human. If I could get it delivered without talking to a human so much the better.
Galt recently bought two items on-line (lighting ballast and garage door remote) for about one-third of what local stores charge....

how can these people survive???
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1044399 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your crystal ball is cracked just like you are.
lol! jealous you don't have a crystal ball son? cracked or otherwise?

aww.....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1044400 Dec 18, 2013
The Race for Immortality
Ray Kurzweil thinks we can stay one step ahead of death.
By Will Oremus
Ray Kurzweil, 65, aims to kill death before it kills him.
Most of us accept that our lives are limited. We'll have a certain number of years—more than 75, we hope, but probably fewer than 100—and then we'll die. The world will go on without us. An awareness of our own mortality, we tell ourselves, is part of what makes is human.
Will Oremus
Not Ray Kurzweil. A renowned computer scientist and inventor, Kurzweil, 65, decided decades ago that mortality wasn't for him. He didn't have to die, and he wasn't going to, if he could help it. Fortunately, he believes he can help it—and he's been working feverishly at the task of staying alive ever since.
“How long do you think you will live?” I asked Kurzweil in a recent phone interview.
He rarely misses a beat in conversation, but he was quiet for just a moment before replying.“I think I have a good chance—I would put it at 80 percent—of getting to the point where it becomes indefinite, because you’ll be adding more time than is going by to your remaining life expectancy.”
In olden days, a man who insisted he could live forever would have been viewed as a strong candidate for either crucifixion or veneration. These days he’s a natural candidate for a top job at Google, where “solving death” is just another a pet project of CEO and co-founder Larry Page. Kurzweil is a part-time adviser to the company’s new Calico venture, which is focused on finding a cure for aging. But his day job is as an engineering director, working alongside a younger generation of artificial-intelligence wizards on, among other things, a project called “Google Brain.” His goals at Google, which include teaching machines to understand language, dovetail in somewhat complex ways with his overarching goal of cheating death.
Where Spanish adventurers believed in the Fountain of Youth, Kurzweil believes in what the mathematician John von Neumann called the “singularity”—a point in human progress at which our machines become as smart as we are. They won’t rise against us, though, because they will by that point be very much a part of us. Already our smartphones are becoming extensions of our minds. Kurzweil forecasts that we’ll eventually be implanting computers and nanobots in our bodies and brains to enhance their natural functions.(That’s bridge two on the road to immortality, in Kurzweil’s scheme.) And someday—by 2045, to be precise—we’ll have machines so sophisticated that we’ll essentially be able to back up our minds to the cloud.(That’s bridge three.)
Even if the singularity is near, there’s no guarantee Kurzweil will live to see it.
Kurzweil has spread his ideas widely and defended them energetically against critics, of whom there are many. He has made many predictions, a surprising number of which have come true, like his late-1980s forecast that a computer would win the world chess championship by 2000. He seems unperturbed by the ones that haven't, like his 1999 bet that within 10 years a majority of text would be created using continuous speech recognition.(Kurzweil insists that he was not far off, citing Siri as an example.) He's a variety of believer—not in any god, but in the potential of humans to achieve godlike powers with the aid of the technologies we build.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044401 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
nothing that someone like you would understand...

Phil Robertson is an American hero, expressing what many people believe, but are afraid to say...

and he doesn't give a damn what you people in Yuppieville think....
RUSH10ME

Irvington, VA

#1044402 Dec 18, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither; just the sight of those hillbillies is revolting. I'd say the attraction is killing animals with guns. Welcome to the Teaparty.
Joe Biden for president 2013!!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1044403 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The only way A&E holds on to them is because they’re cash cows. But it’s going to be hard for the family. I hope they’re ready for what’s coming.
Ready for what's coming? Almost sounds like a threat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min ChickBrilliance 307,961
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr Tradition 3,098
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Brew In 28,710
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 2 hr Joe fortuna 234,531
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 14 hr Pinoyboyguy 734
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Jan 24 RICK SERVICE 32
San Diego State hoping Dwayne Polee II gets a shot Jan 23 alanparkcity 1
More from around the web