Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043575 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is so open minded he doesn't want to know that the birther controversy started with Hilary due to something that was posted in Obama's bio in his book.
Don't confuse Homer with the facts.
I know, I just do not care. Are you a birther too? Am I officially surrounded by birthers?

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1043576 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go, more lies.
yep, here's fatboy Homeo and more lies.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043577 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, not according to Fox News.
if only they could cite FOX fables....

i've seen carol try. try being the operative word.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043578 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Homer just diss a proposed entitlement cut? He claims to be a Libertarian.
Homer has never claimed to be a Libertarian. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043579 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Sentimental hogwash. Homer is a fiscal conservative and socially liberal, which makes me a moderate.
Being a tight wad with your own money does not make you a fiscal conservative.

Show us the way. As a fiscal conservative and self proclaimed presidential candidate, tell us what Homer would cut from from the current government. And don't bloviate like Congress does, get specific. Or you know what, it's time for your break....take ten.... and we can get to this some other time.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043580 Dec 17, 2013
Person I know who is privately insured:

"Thanks to Obamcare, my cost is going up $1,200 per year"

Democrats rejoice!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043581 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How the hell can you disagree about him coming to my high school? Were you there?
Flack you okay? I worry when you start to argue with yourself.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043582 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
I've ever met a Progressive racist, I have met plenty of rightwing ones however. Although I think when talking about rightwingers racism is assumed.
I think you said what you said because you are real stupid or are a budding internet 'fluffer'!!!!

I guarantee that you are not a victim of racism...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043583 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go, more lies.
Tell us again how you are an "independent", liar?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043584 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No different except that farmers actually work and provide products vital to the existence of society.
I bet you think extending unemployment benefits and minimum wage increases 'stimulate the economy' too.
Laws put on the books by both parties it's worth noting, unlike Ocrapa's tricks and deceptions backed only be dumporats.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043585 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Will George W. Bush Ever Get Historians on His Side?
Truman and Eisenhower won belated respect, but they didn't have an Iraq problem.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/will-...
Don't think the National Journal or a survey conducted in 2006 will write the history and legacy of George W. Bush.

If Iraq ends up being a lost cause, history will blame Obama for withdrawing residual troops meant to stay and train Iraqi military and keep the peace too soon - against the advise of Iraqi generals on the ground.

This president is all too eager to negotiate with Iran and Russia but caves at the drop of the hat with Iraq to negotiate an agreement allowing residual troops to remain so Iraq would not become a lost cause.

He wants it to be a lost cause. Just so he can say he was right. Nevermind the blood and treasure that were sacrificed or Iraq as a stabilizing country in the Middle East.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043586 Dec 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Bush's fault.
How so? The dems own the mortgage crisis lock, stock and smoking barrel.

Libs have been increasing the welfare state for close to 50 years, doing among other things , destroying the black family.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043587 Dec 17, 2013
Goal part II

Progressive math is an odd bird!!!!!

Obammicare enrollments:

"Illinois, the president’s home state! Surely they’re ahead of the curve in getting folks enrolled and paid, right? They’re at 7,043… out of a goal of 143,000."

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/3...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043588 Dec 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a tight wad with your own money does not make you a fiscal conservative.
Show us the way. As a fiscal conservative and self proclaimed presidential candidate, tell us what Homer would cut from from the current government. And don't bloviate like Congress does, get specific. Or you know what, it's time for your break....take ten.... and we can get to this some other time.
Cue The Bolton
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043589 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer tries to imitate his racist, foul mouth bud lily.
That would explain why he is wearing culottes today.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043590 Dec 17, 2013
Progressives spike the football!!!!

"Even Kentucky, often cited as one of Obamacare’s shining success stories, is at 20,951… about 10 percent of the way to their goal of 220,000 enrolled"

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043591 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
New AP Poll: 77% Blame Obamacare For Rising Health Insurance Cost
http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/201...
The other 23% WILL BE ON Medicaid[welfare]
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043592 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has never claimed to be a Libertarian. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Correct. Homer the liar has made at least two posts saying he is an "independent", not a "Libertarian".

We all know Homer is a scumbag Commie.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043593 Dec 17, 2013
Conservatives Have No Idea What To Do About Recessions

For the last five years, liberals have promoted three main economic policies to shorten or ameliorate the Great Recession and speed the recovery from it.

Deficit-financed spending to compensate for demand gaps in the private sector.
Easy monetary policy to raise inflation and support demand.
Mortgage modifications to reduce foreclosures and support consumption.

Most conservatives hate this agenda. As Mike Konczal notes, they bizarrely portray these policies as "corporatist" efforts to enrich the rich. But what's really weird is conservatives have no alternative to this agenda they loathe.

To be clear, conservatives absolutely do have an economic policy agenda. They favor lower taxes, less regulation, government spending cuts, more domestic energy production, school choice, free trade, and low inflation. They often cite these policies as ones that might alleviate recession and speed recovery. They favor these policies now, they favored them in 2008, and they favored them in 2004.

That is, conservatives favor the same set of economic policies when the economy is weak and when it is strong; when unemployment is high and when it is low; when few homeowners are facing foreclosure and when many are. The implication is that conservatives believe there is nothing in particular the government should do about economic cycles.

This is a big problem. Recessions are terrible. They create enormous misery by throwing people out of work and out of their homes. How can a political ideology have nothing to say about how to address recessions?

Perhaps conservatives believe that conservative economic policies will prevent recessions, making it unnecessary to have policies aimed at addressing them. That view would involve a distinctly unconservative degree of hubris.

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-...

The standard Republican answer for what to do about a bad economy is the same as their answer about what to do about a good economy. As with health care and bank regulation, economic recessions are a policy question to which conservatives have not the wrong answer, but no answer.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043594 Dec 17, 2013
Touchdown!

Mission Complete!!!!

Three pointer!

Field Goal!

Spike the Ball in the end zone!

ObammieKKKare!

"Eh, not really. Maryland’s at 3,758, with the goal of 150,000 far from sight.

Massachusetts is at 1,700, even further from their state goal of 250,000 paid enrollees.

Minnesota has hit 4,478… out of a goal of 67,000. Still trying to hit 10 percent'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 14 min Mychihuahuawillbite 305,717
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min CunningLinguist 228,057
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr sand ship 200,999
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 27,458
One-on-one with Coach K: Gold 'feels good' 7 hr Rae 1
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... Mon johnnyj 1
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••