Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395131 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1042926 Dec 16, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
The right wing does not support communists, Reichtard.
You do and had them with you at your D.C. rally:
"Democrats, Union Workers, and Communists Rally Together in Washington
Unmotivated, Lethargic Astroturfers Trash the Nation’s Capital Washington D.C. Oct. 3, 2010
- See more at: http://www.lookingattheleft.com/2010/10/democ...
We don't hate America like you do, but we do want "you" to leave...
lol! Sure they do son! That's why they took sides with Russia on Syria while denigrating the US president.

My only question is why those reich wingers won't leave for their new homeland!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1042927 Dec 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of the American people elected President Obama; twice. Hillary may be next if she so chooses. Her background as Secretary of State is phenomenal. Many people didn't want Bill back in the White House; thinking that electing her was really electing him again. Plus she had that entitlement attitude; she was too sure she was going to get the nomination; we all did. One should never be too sure in politics; that was the problem with Mitt and Ann Romney; she even said so,'it's our turn", it was pathetic.
The country has changed, women are feeling their power and they're getting out there to vote, gone are the days where the white males are going to dictate what women do.
It's over.
Bah, you've never been to rural PA or the deep south or that line of red states down the center of the country, white men rule!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1042928 Dec 16, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
What ever happened to the DemoK-RATS OWA dirtbags?
Grey Ghost is still camping out as Yeah.
lol! You know what's really great about reich wing stupidity son?

You demand it!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042929 Dec 16, 2013
Got another load in the washer..

Wish all those years of working a full-time job, being a full-time homemaker and a full-time mother - putting aside personal goals to raise a child to become a productive member of society - was recognized as worthy of monetary compensation.

Most men couldn't do it. Most men have the luxury of pursing just one goal - a career. Many women have to multitask and still supplement their family's income. But our priorities are different.

So I'm not complaining. My husband works very hard as the primary bread winner.

But, like I said, most men couldn't do what most women have to do. Especially without being compensated. Most women, including myself, however, don't complain.

We still have to take grief from some men (aka Realtime) for the contributions we make to our families which aren't monetarily compensated. And rely on the primary bread winners in our families for having done so.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042930 Dec 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The voters select Obama babe___Shrub__not so much.
Perhaps you should take up an interest in local politics or choose a nice hobby__it will be forever before another Republican sits in the White House.
Or you could waste the rest of your life lyin and fkn around on topix.
C'mon political breakfast man, a guy with your political savvy knows damned well if the 'voters' knew the scope of Obama's fraudulence and deceitfulness in November of 2012, he's a one term wonder. Liar of the year, pal. Your team should be proud.

Oh, and speaking of 'fkn around on Topix', you're here as much as anyone, chump.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1042932 Dec 16, 2013
Hey Flack, had you heard about this -

A carbon-negative plastic has been sought-after for many years. While a material that pulls carbon out of the air has been produced, the cost to process it has been three times higher than the cost to produce plastic from oil. Developers at Newlight Technologies LLC, however, have achieved a scalable, cost-effective production method for AirCarbon, a high-performance thermoplastic made by pulling carbon out of air. Newlight’s manufacturing process begins with a point-source stream of air containing greenhouse gas that is collected and fed into a proprietary gas polymerization reactor. Using multiple gas mass transfer technology, air and greenhouse gas is then converted into aqueous form. Dissolved gas is then contacted with an engineered biocatalyst that polymerizes hydrogen, oxygen and carbon into a long-chain thermoplastic polymer at high yield. The resin is converted to plastic pellets, which are as strong as oil-based plastics and more cost effective.

http://www.rdmag.com/award-winners/2013/08/ca...

Orlando, FL

#1042933 Dec 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The voters select Obama babe___Shrub__not so much.
Perhaps you should take up an interest in local politics or choose a nice hobby__it will be forever before another Republican sits in the White House.
Or you could waste the rest of your life lyin and fkn around on topix.
Well, you know, that's something I've actually considered - getting involved with a local conservative organization.

For the time being, good thing I like to ying and yang. Perfectly happy doing this - and my part-time job - for now.

But don't hold your breath thinking Republicans will never occupy the White House again. You'll turn blue and pass out.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042934 Dec 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is my time. Bought and payed for. Do you enjoy my posts on those other forums?
Seems Mr. Realtime spends a lot of time 'lyin and fkn around all over Topix.'

Wonder how many dirty, stinking socks are in his drawer? LOL
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1042936 Dec 16, 2013
Make plastic and reduce our carbon footprint, sounds like win win.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1042937 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let's see...you're saying women are happy with the scheming fraud and liar occupying the White House and will be happy if the female version, Hillary Clinton, takes his place?
Nice.
Does this also mean women are going to drop the phony 'we're an oppressed minority' BS? Last time I looked, women outnumber men in the USA.
That's what makes you old white guys so nervous; you're outnumbered, not only by women, but soon to be by blacks and Hispanics. Hence all the proposed legislation to control women. We get it; and it's not going to happen.
Now, go have another donut and gfy
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1042938 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Wish all those years of working a full-time job, being a full-time homemaker and a full-time mother - putting aside personal goals to raise a child to become a productive member of society - was recognized as worthy of monetary compensation.
Most men couldn't do it. Most men have the luxury of pursing just one goal - a career. Many women have to multitask and still supplement their family's income. But our priorities are different.
But, like I said, most men couldn't do what most women have to do. Especially without being compensated. Most women, including myself, however, don't complain.
We still have to take grief from some men (aka Realtime) for the contributions we make to our families which aren't monetarily compensated. And rely on the primary bread winners in our families for having done so.
Realtime gives you grief about lying and being ill-informed, not about the amount of work you do around the house.

Orlando, FL

#1042939 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I must have missed your interpretation of the events.
Not surprised. You miss everything.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042940 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You know what's really great about reich wing stupidity son?
You demand it!
'57 States'
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042941 Dec 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
On this day in 1773, colonialists dressed as Native Americans boarded ships at Griffin's Wharf and began throwing chests of tea into the harbor.
The beginning of the Revolutionary War.
Also on this day in 1980 Colonel Harlan Sanders died.
ol' bareback Realtime say's there is No God, yet google acts like one. Praise Google. Allah Akbar!

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1042942 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So, while you are cleaning, cooking and washing; he's out flying toy planes and tooling around in a motorcycle. Watch out Lois, he may be having a midlife crisis.
Men can do it, they were just raised to expect women to take care of them, but that generation is gone. Most couples have careers; so they hire people to clean and cook. Makes sense to me.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042943 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, you've never been to rural PA or the deep south or that line of red states down the center of the country, white men rule!
...and Zebra's don't eat Lions...

Orlando, FL

#1042944 Dec 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
so are some kinda of idiot...
"$2,472,542,000,000: Record Taxation Through August; Deficit Still $755B"
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...
http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts0813.pdf
Homer doesn't like these kinds of posts.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1042945 Dec 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, please tell us why Vallerie Plame told Bush there were WMDs in Iraq.
Please tell us about the conspiracy to hide information from the entire Democratic Party so they would vote for the war in Iraq.
You're not one of those conspiracy nuts, are you?
Here we go again.

You think the only intel about nuclear weapons that Bush ever got was approved by Valerie Plane.

This is why you re a GD idiot.

Plame NEVER verified evidence that Iraq had a nuclear weapon or the yellow cake story or a nuclear program.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1042946 Dec 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I sense projection.
How about we go back to that question you ran away from with your tail between your legs.
Did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Hawaii?
Or, another question you run away from with your tail between your legs:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Or, yet another question you run away from with your tail between your legs:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
Here's a question for you.
How can one person, Obama, be as incompetent as you claim he is and yet be smart enough to pull off all the conspiracies you accuse him of?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1042947 Dec 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that the Democrats supported the war in Iraq in exchange for the Republicans giving to them no effective oversight of their CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years (fuck you) oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse, has been shown to you a thousand times. Refer to previous posts to get your indoctrinated party line denial response shoved up your ass again.
Now, back to the post you're running away from like a dog with its tail tucked between its legs:
You ran away from the issue of Ben Bernanke threatening to publicly expose the Democrats as the instigators of the collapse, and beneficiaries. Let's review that issue you ran away from.
Ben Bernanke mentioned "Special Purpose Vehicles" in his testimony before Barney Frank's committee, after which all questioning of Bernanke immediately ceased.
Why did Ben Bernanke stating the words "Special Purpose Vehicles" enough to shut every Democrat mouth in DC, and ensure 100% support from the Democrats for him to continue as head of the Federal Reserve?
First, you have to tell us what a "Special Purpose Vehicle" is, then tell us how they were used to get fraudulent ratings applied to worthless real estate traunches filled with bad CRA loans. After that, you can explain to us why Ben Bernanke uttering the words "Special Purpose Vehicles" was enough to shut every Democrat mouth in DC.
" OMG OMG SPVs SPVs OMG OMG"

Ramblings of yet another Tea Party moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 25 min IB DaMann 9,857
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 25 min JustStop 201,863
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 32,289
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Junket 311,338
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 hr ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web