Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396555 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040855 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. The latest international polls has Obama's numbers lower than Bush's and it is attributed to the drone attacks.
Well that's nice.

I'm sure you have a point you don't know about that for some reason you can't articulate as well....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040856 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your source for your opinion above?
Opinions do not require sources and you even succeeded in messy that one up too!
lol! Son, you attempted to make a general claim and shoot someone down simply on your word.

I simply pointed it out.

And in case you're interested, that would be my opinion as well!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1040857 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an idiotic reading. Nothing of the sort was suggested.
South Africa already had the building blocks of a government and did not have to start with nothing.
I am amazed that you could foul that easy of connection up so badly.
I'm not one to tell someone else who they shouldn't (or should) post to, but your head will hurt a lot less in the long run, son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040858 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lack of knowledge and immaturity regarding American politics is amusingly ridiculous.
You are a waste of my time.
I know it will break your bleeding heart, but consider this my last reply to you.
Good luck to you, and I mean that.
So dump and run son.

It should be easy for you to show me how I"m wrong, but instead you claim I'm the cause to your ills.

Well fine son. Carry that same attitude and thought into the next election. You've already got your ready made excuse handy if things don't go your way!

Oh, and keep in mind unlike you, I don't vote based down a party line!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040859 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You were wrong, Ray, he is.
lol! Thank you for your opinion... again.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040860 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You're such an idiot son....
Listen moron, I just asked how they got the loan.
Only idiots don't ask questions and go off half-cock
Thanks for the info.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040861 Dec 12, 2013
Ah! The beer tastes good tonight!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1040862 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You were wrong, Ray, he is.
LOL...whelp, I'm all done with Mr. Yeah.

(And my head feels better already!)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040863 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No. You simply stated 20 years was a failure.
That's about as idiotic as it gets since you make no sense...
I stated 20 years was too long to call it transitional.

What is idiotic is you not understanding the words.

Unemployment is 25% and they have the fourth highest murder rate in the world. South Africa has some major problems.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040864 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not one to tell someone else who they shouldn't (or should) post to, but your head will hurt a lot less in the long run, son.
Thanks and good night.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040865 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen moron, I just asked how they got the loan.
Only idiots don't ask questions and go off half-cock
Thanks for the info.
Son, if you just did an itty bitty bit of research, you wouldn't have gone half cocked looking like an idiot.

This is why it's so comical and I enjoy the antics here.

USAsince1680 consistently has interesting, if not accurate posts. While there are times we won't agree, I do get new insight on things I assumed were true in the past. Galt used to be decent, but his hubris (like a number of other reich wingers here) make people want to knock that chip off his shoulders. People like lola are too busy entertaining themselves to care what's happening in the real world, let alone care what's going on.

The only one who comes anywhere near decent is Anonymous of Indy. At least he has a better understanding of the difference between government types and social organizations. The rest of you are just political brain washed hacks.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040866 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated 20 years was too long to call it transitional.
What is idiotic is you not understanding the words.
Unemployment is 25% and they have the fourth highest murder rate in the world. South Africa has some major problems.
Really? So how fast did we get to 50 states son?

Or would you like to redefine that as 'empire building?'
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040867 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. I keep trying to get down to your level.

My head hurts too from trying son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040868 Dec 12, 2013
Ah! Another cold brew-skie! What an evening!!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040869 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I thought you saw something in Yeah I was missing as I rarely read his posts because ... well, you know.

Whew, I am glad that is cleared up!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040870 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest I thought you saw something in Yeah I was missing as I rarely read his posts because ... well, you know.
lol! Dump and run son.

I guess fear has overtaken you!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040871 Dec 12, 2013
Ah! Back to the brew!!!
nominated_1

Waynesburg, PA

#1040872 Dec 13, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So how fast did we get to 50 states son?
Or would you like to redefine that as 'empire building?'
As my dog lay sleeping at my feet Your empire falls.
nominated_1

Waynesburg, PA

#1040873 Dec 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No. its not cleared up. My prez will clear up for You. We got this. Back the f... off cause like I said. We got this
lie of the year

Oak Hill, WV

#1040874 Dec 13, 2013
Obama Gets PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' Prize For Healthcare Claims

Fact-checking website PolitiFact is out with the latest edition of its "Lie of the Year." In 2013, the dubious prize went to President Obama for his widely derided claim that, "If you like your health care plan, you can keep it."

Many people, of course, found that they could not keep their plans, as the higher standards set by Obamacare rendered them null and void. The administration and Congress quickly moved in with proposed fixes to the mushrooming political problem.

PolitiFact is often criticized for its fact-checking methodology, and some noted that it had rated previous statements by Obama along similar lines as "half true."

Ironically, all three runners-up slots in PolitiFact's roundup went to Republicans for their own statements on Obamacare.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 11 min Talkin To DaHypoc... 9,891
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr ChristineM 255,567
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr Trojan 32,292
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr ThomasA 311,364
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 27 Barbi A 201,865
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web