Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394832 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1040834 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Typical con job.
Always injecting their beliefs as fact to make their 'reality' come true!
I could not have described progressive democrats better myself. Well done.

Speaking of "con" jobs:

"The critics will see that if Americans like their doctor, they will keep their doctor. And if you like your insurance plan, you will keep it. No one will be able to take that away from you. It hasn’t happened yet. It won’t happen in the future.”- Barack Hussein Obama, Portland, Maine, April, 2010
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040835 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
South Africa is not a "new" country that needed to build from the ground.
So??? Are you claiming the only way a REAL government works is the way the US was 'born?'

You people make such snobby assumptions when the real world doesn't fit YOUR opinions!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040836 Dec 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Ryan isn't stupid. He realizes they have been playing a fools game and if they want to have any chance at all of holding onto their congressional seats, they had better change direction.
Ryan: "This is a broken government. It’s divided. And this is how we can make it work." IT'S ABOUT TIME THE OBSTRUCTIONIST REPUBLICANS OPENED THEIR EYES!!!
lol! He reminds me a bit of Cantor. Only Cantor is less public about things!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040837 Dec 12, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Paul Ryan broke away from the Tea Party. Democrats didn't come to him. He came to them.
lol! Maybe Ryan takes polls seriously!

"35% View Paul Ryan Favorably, 54% Unfavorably
in Politics
Related Articles

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
12% Like Job Senate Is Doing, 19% Say Same of House
63% of GOP Voters Think Republicans in Congress Out of Touch
68% of GOP Voters Have Favorable View of Jeb Bush
45% Think Deficit Should Be Reduced By Spending Cuts Alone
Let's Speak Plain English About Spending Cuts By Scott Rasmussen

Monday, March 18, 2013

Even Republicans have a lower opinion these days of Congressman Paul Ryan, the party’s 2012 vice presidential nominee and the chief author of the new House GOP budget plan.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 35% of all Likely U.S. Voters now view Ryan favorably. That's down 15 points from 50% in August just after Mitt Romney chose him as his running mate.

Fifty-four percent (54%) have an unfavorable opinion of the Wisconsin congressman. These figures include 17% with a Very Favorable view of him and 23% with a Very Unfavorable one. Twelve percent (12%) are undecided...."
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040838 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, isn't it? First the Pope, now Ryan. They're so easily led around by the nose. Who's next?
lol! And that's the problem with the t-p.....

... they have no leader and they have no platform!

They're just a bunch of moles trying to avoid being whacked!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040839 Dec 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the Pope says you teabaggers are morons! Is he wrong too?
They'll toss anyone under the bus who don't share their draconian beliefs... whatever they are!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040840 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dems didn't come to him? The bill was written by a Dem and a Rep. Sounds like a Dem was involved. Whatever that had to do with anything stated, but hey just toss it in?
Broke away from the Tea Party??
According to loony Idiot all conservations are Tea Party?
Now they are not because well....you guys have NO clue what your stereotypes mean.
lol! So take credit son!

That's what t-pers do when they believe they've achieved some sort of victory that only they can see!

Bozeman, MT

#1040841 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! What vital things do oil companies GIVE to We the People son?
You can't possibly be that stupid, can you?

Let's see, you're one of this thread's more ignorant liberals so it's likely the only definition of "give" you're aware of is "freely transfer" and not "provide and supply with."

Am I right so far?

Thought so.

So, should I just start with the charities, grants and scholarships they "freely transfer" funds to, or would you also like a partial list of the thousands of products they "provide and supply" us with?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040842 Dec 12, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
The GOP establishment has just declared the death of the Tea Party.
You can have whatever you want intact, you just won't win any more elections.
The budget passed with equal number of D and R votes in house.
I'm not sure they've been declared dead...

And I'm not sure they've declared war on them....

But it sounds like they've been declared irrelevant, if not a nuisance!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040843 Dec 12, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
South Africa is circling the drain...
The diamonds will help!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040844 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
First, Skippy there is no such thing as a national Tea Party organization.
The Speaker was talking about a group of three think tanks. He clearly states that these organizations are forcing their members into impossible situations. The orgs and their leaders were the bunt of his anger not the members who may or may not also consider themselves Tea Party.
Everyone is too quick including Journos to label all conservative leaning groups Tea Party although this may not be an accurate reflection.
However, I do agree with the Speaker. The three orgs have been bad actors for a while and are looking like plants working against both conservatives and Reps.
Why you are wetting your pants about a big nothing burger of a budget deal?
lol! The t-p idiots are those who dislike the Boehners and McCains while claiming to be conservative son.

I find it so comical and act like their nazi leaders when it comes to throwing their own under the bus!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040845 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to verify everything USAsince states and never assume what she is stating is true.
In other words without a source her post sounds rather unfounded especially when the doctors are complaining about low reimbursements are and declining patients which implies USAsince has something wrong.
lol! And your substantive source is...... you ?????

Talk about taking the easy road to nowhere!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040846 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has made the US more unpopular in the Middle East than these oops drone attacks that repeatedly fail to hit known targets but kills those not associated.
lol! you must have forgotten bushie boy's incursion into iraq son.

And the possible involvement of israel and numerous arab countries if that happened!

Not that you're familiar with historical events anyway!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040848 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't possibly be that stupid, can you?
Let's see, you're one of this thread's more ignorant liberals so it's likely the only definition of "give" you're aware of is "freely transfer" and not "provide and supply with."
Am I right so far?
Thought so.
So, should I just start with the charities, grants and scholarships they "freely transfer" funds to, or would you also like a partial list of the thousands of products they "provide and supply" us with?
So... you go to the bank and they 'give' you money?

Wow. I must have missed that opportunity. I'm sure you took advantage of it.

But let's use your 'logic' for a second since you feel I've lost touch with your definition. What are the many things they 'give' besides oil son?

Money? Gold? My right to a speedy trial?

Oh, and if you're going to talk about the grants and scholarships they 'give,' make sure you include my name and every other American and foreigner who buys from them! We'd like to get credit too!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040849 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So??? Are you claiming the only way a REAL government works is the way the US was 'born?'
You people make such snobby assumptions when the real world doesn't fit YOUR opinions!
That is an idiotic reading. Nothing of the sort was suggested.

South Africa already had the building blocks of a government and did not have to start with nothing.

I am amazed that you could foul that easy of connection up so badly.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040850 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! you must have forgotten bushie boy's incursion into iraq son.
And the possible involvement of israel and numerous arab countries if that happened!
Not that you're familiar with historical events anyway!
Wrong again. The latest international polls has Obama's numbers lower than Bush's and it is attributed to the drone attacks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040851 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And your substantive source is...... you ?????
Talk about taking the easy road to nowhere!
What is your source for your opinion above?

Opinions do not require sources and you even succeeded in messy that one up too!

Bozeman, MT

#1040852 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! And that's the problem with the t-p.....
... they have no leader and they have no platform!
They're just a bunch of moles trying to avoid being whacked!
Your lack of knowledge and immaturity regarding American politics is amusingly ridiculous.

You are a waste of my time.

I know it will break your bleeding heart, but consider this my last reply to you.

Good luck to you, and I mean that.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1040853 Dec 12, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... you go to the bank and they 'give' you money?
Wow. I must have missed that opportunity. I'm sure you took advantage of it.
But let's use your 'logic' for a second since you feel I've lost touch with your definition. What are the many things they 'give' besides oil son?
Money? Gold? My right to a speedy trial?
Oh, and if you're going to talk about the grants and scholarships they 'give,' make sure you include my name and every other American and foreigner who buys from them! We'd like to get credit too!
You were wrong, Ray, he is.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1040854 Dec 12, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an idiotic reading. Nothing of the sort was suggested.
South Africa already had the building blocks of a government and did not have to start with nothing.
I am amazed that you could foul that easy of connection up so badly.
No. You simply stated 20 years was a failure.

That's about as idiotic as it gets since you make no sense...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 45 min Into The Night 9,812
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr ChristineM 255,503
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 10 hr Brian_G 311,325
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web