Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745275 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1040533 Dec 12, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Congress refused to fund the closing, for the millionth time.
Another case of Congress having total control over Obama when it's a negative against him. Funny stuff.

Maybe Podesta can figure out a way around them, huh?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1040534 Dec 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Teabaggers bitchslapped by John Boener:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-boehners-...
Right wing lunatics can't even get respect in their own party!
And Rubio got bitchslapped__right before he signed up for his and his family's Obamacare policy on the DC exchange. According to some posting here__he'll lose his doctors and be refused admission to America's hospitals.

Bozeman, MT

#1040535 Dec 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
Boehner shares many traits with Washington liberals...he's as useless to his constituents as tits on a bull and he's a coward. Probably a racist like his buddies Reid and Biden.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1040536 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, nothing but juvie BS as a reply.
At least you're consistent.
I wasn't replying to your birther azz pal__GFY.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1040537 Dec 12, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of crap as usual Carol. The GOP took a blood oath to block and obstruct any legislation proposed by the White House or the Democrats. Among them;
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.
Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.
The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.
Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.
Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they’re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.
Republicans in the House have voted 46 times to defund Obamacare knowing full well that it would go nowhere. Each time they did it cost American taxpayers $1.5 million for a grand total of $69 million wasted.
But go ahead keep living in that delusional alternate universe.
"pdumb"
Please explain the 1.5 million cost for the votes. If they had not voted where would money have been saved? The congress folks would not have been paid? The staffs would not have been paid? The costs for maintaining the infrastructure would not be kept up? Security for the folks would not have been in effect? Face the facts, it costs no more if those in congress hold a vote or not.
We should all thank those with the balls to vote against the reckless spending agenda of president nobama.
I have a question for you, Have you ever seen a tax that you did not support?
Are you pissed because nobama finally is shutting of the aid to the muslim terrorists in Syria? You would love to see him increase payments to the muslim terrorist government in Pakistan?
You would support measures by president nobama to further gut the military, and force more resignations of senior officers?
Food stamp usage is up by 13% you would like to see that grow?
Millions fewer American's are required to pay Federal Income tax, you would like to see that number grow?
Those who own businesses, provide jobs and pay taxes, should pay more taxes?
Why were you not pissed at nobama's stimulus "porkulus" bill that wasted near a trillion dollars?
You believed the president when he said, "If you like your doctor you can keep him. Period"?
You supported the presidents decision to send arms to the Mexican drug cartels that led to American deaths?
Peace
KMA
Peace
KMA

Bozeman, MT

#1040539 Dec 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't replying to your birther azz pal__GFY.
Like I said, you're consistent.

Every reply you post is nothing but name-calling and meaningless double-talk.

Heck, even those on your left wing team know it. They just humor you with faux respect.

Spokane, WA

#1040540 Dec 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Mr. Shitfly is a liar once again. The Government is indeed seeking those involved. Libya gives the US no authority to make arrests.
"real dumb"
Does Pakistan give the US the authority to use drones to kill Pakistani women and children?
Peace
KMA
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1040541 Dec 12, 2013
Emeem wrote:
the only teabaggers are leftwing homosexuals...

Spokane, WA

#1040542 Dec 12, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The budget deal that emerged this week was crafted to win support of Democrats and Republicans alike, and that's simply a bridge too far for one tea party congressman.
“This bill is not designed to get our vote,” Rep. Mick Mulvaney (R-SC) said Wednesday at a meeting hosted by the Heritage Foundation.“This bill is designed to pass with bipartisan support in the House.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/gop-rep...
pure stupidity.
and the next time you of the same ilk accuse Obama of not getting anything done.....see the above.
"sonic"
You must be in hog heaven, the bill will increase the deficit by 1 trillion dollars over the next 10 years.
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1040544 Dec 12, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama had the woman in Hawaii who certified his birth certificate offed. Made it look like an accident. No water boarding for Obama, he goes straight for the kill.
didn't breitbart die before "getting" Obama?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1040545 Dec 12, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, you're consistent.
Every reply you post is nothing but name-calling and meaningless double-talk.
Heck, even those on your left wing team know it. They just humor you with faux respect.
Do you have anything worthwhile to talk about bozo? Or is your only purpose here to talk about and harass
other posters?

Didn't you used to be baba yaga? Or was that your twin retarded sister Whatever? Either way GFYurselves.

Spokane, WA

#1040546 Dec 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure you think foreign countries can come into the US & arrest a US citizen.
The US government is actively seeking those who committed the acts. To say they are not, as you did, is a blatant lie.
Benghazi is not in the US. To claim the temporary Consulate as US soil is a tad ridiculous.
"real dumb"
You are stretching. Embassy's and Consulates, temporary or not are American soil. You BS does not change that fact.
Peace
KMA
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#1040547 Dec 12, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you should put as much thought into figuring out why you are such a tea bag azz hole?
Oh my gosh you are a brilliant little lib aren't you? How long did you have to think to come up with a response like that? I suspect not long since it's the standard liberal playbook rules to respond to any and all post and arguments from those non-libs out there with either the typical "you're a teabagger" "you're a racist" or of course just call a name and run like you did on the playground back in grade school. Well I will give you kudos though because at least you didn't use the "you're rubber I'm glue" or "I know you are but what am I" that is also typical for your liberal mentality. Hey here's a mindf*ck....I'm not Republican nor am I a tea party member....matter of fact I was a democrat right up until my last license renewal where I changed my party affiliation to I and I actually voted for the liar-in-chief in 2008. Of course I grew up since then!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1040548 Dec 12, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree that a shutdown would divert attention from Obamacare!! You would agree Republicans got 0 out of this Deal?
you may be right on the second point, but Galt disagrees on the first...

...just consider how attention was diverted by something as trivial as the Mandela/Obama campaign trip...

gather forces and destroy the enemy instead of going on a Kamikaze mission...

the DemoKKKrats are dead in 2014 because of ObamaKKKare, the worst of which is yet to come...
Phil Shifley

Coffeyville, KS

#1040549 Dec 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You're pretty much lost on this subject aren't you pal?
I don't see you answering any of those questions I admit to having thought either libby! So how informed are you???? You don't know the answer to any of those questions....you just know your party heads have told you sheep it is a non topic, fox news story only, conspiracy theory, and it is to be ignored and or ridiculed every time it is brought up by someone else.....of course other than that you know nothing!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1040550 Dec 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't replying to your birther azz pal__GFY.
why do you act like some clown out of a 1940s movie, walking around in a zoot suit and calling people "doll" and "pal"???...

hurry up and die....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1040551 Dec 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It's not BS, the US actually did have a blanket agreement, of sorts, to take out OBL inside Pakistan.
The Pakistan jets that were scrambled pulled back quickly signalling that someone of high rank in Pakistan's military was forewarned or briefed.
Have you any clue how much $$$ in foreign aid and favors Pakistan receives from the US each year?
"of sorts". Lmao!

Spokane, WA

#1040552 Dec 12, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't dawn on you that GOP is losing huge among women??
Your candidates comments concerning women cost at least a few Senate Seats.
Your side's love for assaulting women with vaginal probes, etc., will cost you even more going forward.
The Birth Control issue alone convinces most women that the GOP hates them.
It sure as hell cost Rmoney the Presidential election.
Stick with your Repugnant priorities; insulting women, minorities, gays, Catholics, etc.
You've got some old white women here that bow to the righttards Carol sucking up to Galt when he insults her, Whatever apologizing to Emaam when he tells her she shouldn't have posted something.
Tell us again how close the races were in VA, loser!! Does it make you feel better that you only lost by a little bit??
Of course, you're the assclown that was calling for Rmoney's victory right up to election day.
Then you disappeared for almost a year, only to return as an Ann Coulter character!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"dumos"
Since your wife booted your fanny out you would enjoy any kind of vaginal probe.
Peace
KMA

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1040553 Dec 12, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
1) What you are saying is that those who attacked the consulate left a note saying who they were, why they attacked & when they planned it. How did Obama know when the attack was planned immediately after the attacks? There were riots based on the video in Muslim cities in several countries. Why was it impossible in Benghazi as you claim.
THe President called it a terror attack. You, like you buddy Romney, are evidently too uninformed to know this.
Stating what is known at the time & suggesting what the current thinking is is not a lie when later evidence says otherwise.
Since you yell at ghosts on your TV I can only assume you have a tizzy fit at the local weatherman every time his forecast is not 100% correct.
How the ACA is funded is posted online. I mistakenly assumed you had the ability to look these up yourself. I know how it is funded. You can too. Just look it up.
Healthcare is between you & your doctor. The ACA does not dictate that. The ACA is about better, more affordable access
I have already listed the oil industry subsidies along with all your heroes saying they exist.
If you are so embarrassed that you can't make it without subsidies that you have to lie about it, seek professional help.
The president of Libya got that out of the terrorists he arrested after the attack, dumbass. If that's not enough for you, just go to Tunis and pretend to be a television news crew. They'll find you so they can brag about it.

CNN's Nic robertson had a news crew in Cairo for the "spontaneous" demonstrations that had been occurring all day, and had interviewed the brother of the blind sheik, who was invited to the "spontaneous" demonstration in Cairo to speak and put pressure on the US government to release the blind sheik.
Coincidentally, just hours before the attack in Benghazi began, CNN changed the story line to a "spontaneous demonstration", which they had been making videos of all day that day and interviewing some of the protestors. This change in story line coincidentally matched the lie the CIA intelligence report was changed to in the White House, and also the lie Obama would spew for two weeks after the Al Qaeda attack.
I'm sure this information wasn't in your indoctrination session.

You're and idiot.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1040554 Dec 12, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>This is really getting to be a lame subject don't you agree???
Could there actually be anyone posting on this thread for years that doesn't know precisely why Gitmo hasn't been closed?
Obama - if he wanted to - could easily transfer the prisoners out of there so they can be tried as our Constitution promises and requires.

Here's how. The federal prison system are in the executive branch, they can be directed to do Obama's bidding via executive order, no congressional action needed. And the US Marshall Service is subject to Obama's orders too. They have large passenger aircraft based in Oklahoma City for the sole purpose of transporting prisoners. No appropriations involved.

So send the Marshalls to Gitmo, order the military to open the doors (this costs the military zero thus no congressional prohibition) and fly the prisoners to the states to await trial in federal prisons, which unlike state prisons, have plenty of room. And get on with administering justice.

End of problem. Obama has fulfilled one of the promises that got him the job in the first place and he hasn't ruined his relationship with congress because he has none. Those who choose to hate our first black president will continue to do so regardless of what he does or doesn't do, and the rest of us will rejoice that Obama kept his word."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 27 min June VanDerMark 336,757
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Chosen Traveler 35,803
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr 14 Into The Night 258,515
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar 28 Lonnie Peters 201,480
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 24 Wisdom of Ages 12,331
News Purdue and IU? On Valentine's day? Not anymore (Feb '07) Mar '18 Painter Phartse 73
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... Feb '18 ScoresPhartse 2