Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1265102 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039109 Dec 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
In 1985, Congressman Dick Cheney voted against a resolution urging that Mandela be released from jail. If you’re ever unsure about where the wrong side of history is, look for where Dick Cheney is. Dick Cheney said he doesn’t regret his repeated votes in 1986 against the Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act which called for freeing Mandela and ending apartheid. I’m sure his only regret is that his opposition didn’t work.
Bill O’Reilly had a few words to say about Nelson Mandela... but most of those words were the word “communist.” Bill called Mandela a “communist” about half a dozen times in the space of a couple of breaths—and I think he was trying to eulogize the man! Usually Bill O’Reilly can be as ignorant as he wants to be, but he knew he had to rein it in when he was speaking about Mandela’s passing. Still, he couldn’t stop himself from saying “communist” like he had some weird kind of Leon Trotsky Tourette Syndrome.
Read more: http://www.randirhodes.com/articles/daily-blo...
More Randi Rhodes... Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039110 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So what? My parents come from Finland, I call myself a Finn.
You should be ashamed of yourself or embarrassed at how ignorant you are.
BS...self-loathing NYC Bocajew....

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1039111 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
President Obama is a true statesman. What did the rightwingers expect him to do? No shake his hand? I applaud him and his grace.
You'd applaud Obama if he ordered the murder of babies.

Oh, wait...did you?
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039112 Dec 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Castro is a murderer who executed thousands of political opponents by firing squads without trials...Obama has disgraced the US by greeting Castro...end of story...
Hell.. Bill Clinton denied with shame shaking hands with Fidel Castro back in 2000...

BTW: lily for the record has been conformed GOP Idiot.. Her loose mouth sunk her dumbass ship...

It's the culture...
Sue

Jonesboro, AR

#1039113 Dec 10, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
$51 per month, real insurance now!
CHOKE ON IT REPUBLICAN DOOOOOOFUS!
RIGHT UP IN YOUR FACE, SO CLOSE!
CHOKE ON IT!
OBAMACARE WON! MITT ROMNEY LOST!
MAJORITY RULES IN AMERICA!
THE GENIUS MADE IT HAPPEN FOR EVERYONE.
You like that? Republican scumbags!
Democrats helping fellow citizens get covered.
We Won, it's our way now!
healthcare.gov
$51 per month! get some tards!$32 dental!
healthcare.gov
healthcare.gov
HEALTHCARE.GOV
Oh why is everyone else posting a whole different story? You are the first I have heard that from. I know of some that gets it free on medicade.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1039114 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed slinging slurs yet again.
"real dumb"
What slur? I called president nobama a boy? You would have preferred that I call him a girl?
Peace
KMA

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1039115 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a dumb butt-YOU could not PROVE anything they said wasn't true -so stop the dodging.
The annual bill for oil-related subsidies is 4.2 billion. I accounted for the majority of these subsidies and you are whining about a very little amount. So look at those major outlays I posted and tell me what you want to remove.
Notice yours failed to have any numbers.
Are you suggesting oil companies move their business off shore? Deny them tax breaks the that other manufacture receives and another country will get their business and gas prices will be through the roof-do you ever think anything through?
This from the same STUPID person who claimed that 10 billion was no big deal.
Why do you want to duck and dodge oil subsidies?

Here's your dollars and cents:

- current law limits economic damages for an individual offshore oil spill to $75 million, this section would make liability unlimited so that corporations are fully responsible for the damage they cause. It would also uncap liability for spill damages, currently at $350 million, for tar sands pipeline operators.

- Eliminating the manufacturing deduction will save us $11.883 billion over 10 years.

- Eliminating the provision that allows oil and gas companies to deduct 15 percent of their sales revenues to "reflect declining value" would net us $11.465 billion over 10 years.

- Eliminating the intangible drilling oil and gas deduction which allows oil and gas companies to immediately deduct the cost of things like wages and supplies, lowering their taxes, instead of the normal process of deducting these costs over time will net us $$13.902 billion over 10 years.

- Recovering lost royalties on offshore drilling through excise tax will net us in excess of $10.644 billion over 10 years.

- Terminating the last in, first out, accounting for fossil fuel companies, which allows oil and gas companies to minimize the value of their inventories for tax purposes will net us $29.512 billion over 10 years.

- Modifying the Dual Taxpayer Deduction, so that oil and gas companies that operate overseas can't classify royalty payments to foreign governments as taxes, thereby reducing their U.S. taxes because of foreign taxes, unlike royalty payments, are fully deductable will net us $10.724 billion over 10 years.

Total over 10 years....$101.293 billion.

"Our federal government is set to give away over $100 billion in taxpayer dollars to the oil, gas, and coal industries over the next ten years. That is totally absurd. When we have a $15.6 trillion national debt, we cannot afford it. When the five largest oil companies have made over $1 trillion in profits over the last decade, they don’t need it. When some of these same polluters have, in a given year, paid zero in federal income taxes and actually received IRS rebate checks worth millions, they don’t deserve it. When fossil fuels are the number one source of human-caused GHG emissions, creating a planetary crisis of global warming that is already causing devastating extreme weather disturbances, we can’t ignore it.” Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont)

http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2012/05/15...

Spokane, WA

#1039116 Dec 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! So now you realize Obama isn't a dictator.
I'm glad you finally see the truth!
"yuck"
He is a wanna be dictator. Fortunately the constitution reins him in. He hates that fact.
Peace
KMA

Bozeman, MT

#1039117 Dec 10, 2013
Has Obama Been Moonlighting?

South Africa is sliding downhill while much of the rest of the continent is clawing its way up

Education is a disgrace: according to the World Economic Forum, South Africa ranks 132nd out of 144 countries for its primary education and 143rd in science and maths.

The unemployment rate, officially 25%, is probably nearer 40%; half of South Africans under 24 looking for work have none. Of those who have jobs, a third earn less than $2 a day. Inequality has grown since apartheid, and the gap between rich and poor is now among the world’s largest.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/2156484...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1039118 Dec 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Considering its distance from the sun, the Earth is more likely to freeze before being burned in the eventual supernova.
I think heliocentricity is a bright idea.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1039119 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll pass, thank you very much. These racists on here are more than I can hack.
I had hopes for Carol; but she has sunk to a new low and it's despicable.
Let us know if Carol gets as low and despicable as you lily.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039121 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want to duck and dodge oil subsidies?
Here's your dollars and cents:
- current law limits economic damages for an individual offshore oil spill to $75 million, this section would make liability unlimited so that corporations are fully responsible for the damage they cause. It would also uncap liability for spill damages, currently at $350 million, for tar sands pipeline operators.
- Eliminating the manufacturing deduction will save us $11.883 billion over 10 years.
- Eliminating the provision that allows oil and gas companies to deduct 15 percent of their sales revenues to "reflect declining value" would net us $11.465 billion over 10 years.
- Eliminating the intangible drilling oil and gas deduction which allows oil and gas companies to immediately deduct the cost of things like wages and supplies, lowering their taxes, instead of the normal process of deducting these costs over time will net us $$13.902 billion over 10 years.
- Recovering lost royalties on offshore drilling through excise tax will net us in excess of $10.644 billion over 10 years.
- Terminating the last in, first out, accounting for fossil fuel companies, which allows oil and gas companies to minimize the value of their inventories for tax purposes will net us $29.512 billion over 10 years.
- Modifying the Dual Taxpayer Deduction, so that oil and gas companies that operate overseas can't classify royalty payments to foreign governments as taxes, thereby reducing their U.S. taxes because of foreign taxes, unlike royalty payments, are fully deductable will net us $10.724 billion over 10 years.
Total over 10 years....$101.293 billion.
"Our federal government is set to give away over $100 billion in taxpayer dollars to the oil, gas, and coal industries over the next ten years. That is totally absurd. When we have a $15.6 trillion national debt, we cannot afford it. When the five largest oil companies have made over $1 trillion in profits over the last decade, they don’t need it. When some of these same polluters have, in a given year, paid zero in federal income taxes and actually received IRS rebate checks worth millions, they don’t deserve it. When fossil fuels are the number one source of human-caused GHG emissions, creating a planetary crisis of global warming that is already causing devastating extreme weather disturbances, we can’t ignore it.” Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vermont)
http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2012/05/15...
Commie Senator, Commie website...

that all you got, Buckwheat???...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039122 Dec 10, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know if Carol gets as low and despicable as you lily.
lily=GOP Idiots fears Carol will prove her the racist she really is.. lily labeling Carol a racist is a defensive move lily uses to keep or put Carol on the defense...

It's the culture....

Lapeer, MI

#1039123 Dec 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Considering its distance from the sun, the Earth is more likely to freeze before being burned in the eventual supernova.
Talk about the Earth's temperature is too often a vague conversation. Nowadays, because of Political Correctness, Earth temperature is mainly assumed to mean surface or atmospheric temperature. The actual temperature of the solid Earth is another conversation.

The internal temperature varies widely from surface on downward to the center where the high temperature is partly the result of leftover radiation from creation, the magnetosphere's actions and also the friction caused by constant gravitational grinding. Think of the Moon's tidal action raising not just oceans but also continents. And then there is the Solar tidal action. To a lesser degree, other tidal actions caused by other planet in the neighborhood.

But I always thought the Sun was going to turn into a Red Giant and not go supernova.

Wiki - Red giant: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_giant

"For the Sun, the main-sequence lifetime is approximately 10 billion years. More-massive stars burn disproportionately faster and so have a shorter lifetime than less massive stars."

We've got a ways to go yet:>

Spokane, WA

#1039124 Dec 10, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
$51 per month, real insurance now!
CHOKE ON IT REPUBLICAN DOOOOOOFUS!
RIGHT UP IN YOUR FACE, SO CLOSE!
CHOKE ON IT!
OBAMACARE WON! MITT ROMNEY LOST!
MAJORITY RULES IN AMERICA!
THE GENIUS MADE IT HAPPEN FOR EVERYONE.
You like that? Republican scumbags!
Democrats helping fellow citizens get covered.
We Won, it's our way now!
healthcare.gov
$51 per month! get some tards!$32 dental!
healthcare.gov
healthcare.gov
HEALTHCARE.GOV
"nobama the nut"
$51 per month
Add dental $32 per month
Your kind of country, those who work and produce pay for the subsidy's to enable these kind of rates. The rates you and the others with their hands out get. Ain't it grate, the nobama way, why work, why produce, you deserve to be taken care of. It is criminal to expect you to get off your dead fanny and earn a buck.
Peace
KMA
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039125 Dec 10, 2013
lily fears Carol....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039126 Dec 10, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I think heliocentricity is a bright idea.
maybe solar activity even has some effect on Earth temperatures...contrary to leftwing science...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1039127 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, Lily, let's get this out in the open once and for all.
Would Obama have to approve his own biography in any publication?
The literary agent who wrote his birthplace was Kenya in his bio, Miriam Goderich, claimed listing Obama’s birthplace as Kenya was “nothing more than a fact checking error.”
However, the literary agency updated the text numerous times in the years following and, as recent as 2007, Kenya was still listed as his birthplace.
Wouldn't Obama have had to approve of what was written about him in his bio before publication?
Remember when Michelle Obama, during a speech about HIV, said she and Barack Obama “visited his home country of Kenya.”
His "home country" is Kenya?
So would he or would he not have to approve of his own bio? And did or did not Michelle Obama say Obama's "home country" was Kenya?
Please tell me how this could possibly be misconstrued.
Continue to be who you are but I keep wanting to see you tell off that foul mouth race baiting craycray goof ball that heckles you.

This is probably best but could you slip in an idiot or buzz off or something to the inebriated freak.

Bozeman, MT

#1039128 Dec 10, 2013
Bill O’Reilly had a few words to say about Nelson Mandela... but most of those words were the word “communist.”
Truth hurts.

Mandela didn't hide the fact he hated both what the U.S. stood for and capitalism. Sounds like he would have made a great progressive hero and leader.

"As we mourn Mandela's death we should not forget and acknowledge the role that communists played in befriending and influencing this great man."

http://www.newstatesman.com/world-affairs/201...

Lapeer, MI

#1039129 Dec 10, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody takes Global Warming Deniers even remotely seriously anymore.
Your a Joke.
You Clowns really should look into this "Earth Is Round" Business too...has all the earmarks of a Liberal Conspiracy!
Of course if Fox and Limbaugh told you it was flat youd swear to it anyway.
By the way John: Ayn Rand was a creepy Anti Christian hag and hipocrite.
The world is not round, Pipsqueak. It is an oval. It bulges a lot at the Equator and sinks at the Poles because of centrifugal force.

Ayn Rand was a great thinker. Unlike your frazzled walnut cerebrum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 min Trojan 29,857
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 28 min Brian_G 310,378
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Anon 245,264
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr EDA 6,515
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Aug 2 Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web