Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1784557 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1036177 Dec 6, 2013
Obama and Michelle going to South Africa for Mandela funeral.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1036178 Dec 6, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Make sure you let the stock market know.
Apparently they didn't get your memo!
The stock market was tickled pink in 1928 and 1929 too - after going up and down like a roller coaster - before it crashed with a loud bang.

It's always better during seasonal times of the year. Let's wait until February before opening a bottle of champagne, shall we?

Obamacare will be in full swing by then too.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1036179 Dec 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Just in case some are getting excited unnecessarily about the new jobs report:
As people who are employed part-time typically work about half as much as people who work full-time, it is useful to consider a "U5," defined as the arithmetic mean of the U5 and U6 numbers. This measure would thus count people who work part-time but wish to work full-time as "half-employed." The U5 rate is 10.3% for November 2013, down from 10.75% in October and September, and 11.35% in November 2012.
So, basically part-time employment is better...
But hold on...
The BLS revised the Current Population Survey, which gathers the data needed to determine these rates, in 1994. Among the changes made, the U3 rate was named the new "official" unemployment rate, instead of the U5 rate. This revision also defined "long-term discouraged workers" out of official existence. With the inclusion of long-term discouraged workers, the SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate, which might be considered a "U7" rate, exceeds 23%.
..."long-term discouraged workers out of official existence"...how convenient...
Isn't it funny how the right whiners just can't f*cking stand a positive jobs report.

The whiny little f*cks have to dig & twist things to find the negative or start making up statistics & talking abut other rates.

You people are pathetic. I have a hint, real Americans cheer for America.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1036180 Dec 6, 2013
flack wrote:
Obama and Michelle going to South Africa for Mandela funeral.
As they should.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1036181 Dec 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Just in case some are getting excited unnecessarily about the new jobs report:
As people who are employed part-time typically work about half as much as people who work full-time, it is useful to consider a "U5," defined as the arithmetic mean of the U5 and U6 numbers. This measure would thus count people who work part-time but wish to work full-time as "half-employed." The U5 rate is 10.3% for November 2013, down from 10.75% in October and September, and 11.35% in November 2012.
So, basically part-time employment is better...
But hold on...
The BLS revised the Current Population Survey, which gathers the data needed to determine these rates, in 1994. Among the changes made, the U3 rate was named the new "official" unemployment rate, instead of the U5 rate. This revision also defined "long-term discouraged workers" out of official existence. With the inclusion of long-term discouraged workers, the SGS Alternate Unemployment Rate, which might be considered a "U7" rate, exceeds 23%.
..."long-term discouraged workers out of official existence"...how convenient...
The DOW seems impressed with the jobs report, and with a 180 pt plus rally will close once again at over 16,000. Google seems to love the jobs numbers, it's stock is selling at an all time high.

Do you ever tire of posting nonsense babe???

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1036182 Dec 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How could your son call you when both of his hands were occupied slamming Zimmerman's head against a concrete sidewalk before he got blown to hell?
Perhaps your son should have called you instead of calling his girlfriend and telling her he was going to attack Zimmerman.
Zimmerman was latino, and voted for Obama. You probably would have a very difficult time getting him fired, especially if you had Sotomayor hearing your case.
So you LIED when you said Trayvon called his girlfriend? Now, you say his hands were busy.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1036183 Dec 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Regularly? A little exaggeration there perhaps?
Years ago, I pointed out the history of the Roman Catholic Church but was very quick to add the Catholic Church does much more for the poor than other sects of Christianity and they have that part scripturally down pat. As the Bible says, "love covers a multitude of sins."
I was also very quick to add Catholics are just as much saved as anyone else.
It was the institution of the RCC, unfortunately, centuries ago that did not speak well for the Christian faith.
However, if you take a Western Civilization course at any college, you'll find this out to be true.
It doesn't reflect on present day Catholics and it's just a matter of one's heart being in the right place.
Will this post be your first in your annual "twelve lies of Christmas?"

You're a pathetic scumbag pos.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1036184 Dec 6, 2013
Apparently, the New York Post reported the unemployment numbers were manipulated before the 2012 election, according to census insiders.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-faked-201...

Couldn't find any updates whether that's been proven false or not. Perhaps it's still under investigation. As is just about everything else surrounding this president's reelection strategies.

Homer would know. Is this also debunked, Homer?

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1036185 Dec 6, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try this again. Sooner or later I might get an answer to this post from you.
You're the only person in this conversation that thinks Obama does anything. I think Obama has nothing to do other than read prescripted messages from a teleprompter put in his face when he's ordered to do so by Vallerie Jarrett.
If you improve your ability to read and comprehend the written English language, you will then see that I accuse the Democrats, dumbass. You probably confuse the fact that the government has been so incompetent since Obama was made president that it can't even budget itself with the ludicrous notion that Obama actually is doing something.
Now, back to the post you continually run away from:
You keep running away from the fact that the Democrats supported the war in Iraq in exchange for the Republicans giving them no effective oversight of their Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years oversight by Demcorats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.
It was only after the Republicans had given the Democrats everything they possibly could that the Democrats reversed their propaganda and opposed the war in Iraq.
Dealing with Democrats is like living with a rattle snake. You know it's going to bite you. You just don't know when.
Now, back to the original issue you ran away from:
After the Democrats took control of all the purse strings of government, they increased the deficit ONE THOUSAND PERCENT and DOUBLED the debt.
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
By the way, why don't you tell us why our government has been so incompetent since Obama was made president, it can't even budget itself.
Still no list. Certainly if the Democrats caused the recession, they passed something bad in those first 9 months f control. Where is the list??

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1036186 Dec 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> As they should.
Yeah, one communist to another.
dumbdem

Satellite Beach, FL

#1036187 Dec 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Will this post be your first in your annual "twelve lies of Christmas?"
You're a pathetic scumbag pos.
realtimepatheticscumbagposfckf aceforsure say what? LOL

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1036188 Dec 6, 2013
Sorry if the truth hurts. The institution of the Roman Catholic Church centuries ago was about power - even over royalty - including conversion under coercion or being beheaded or tortured.

The influence of the Roman Catholic Church shaped much of western history for centuries.

Again, sorry if that steps on anyone's toes. It's history. Look it up if you don't believe me.

But I have nothing more to say about it.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1036189 Dec 6, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you LIED when you said Trayvon called his girlfriend? Now, you say his hands were busy.
How's the weather on the Moon, confused one?

Another question? Why do you use a turkey vulture as your avatar. Is the vulture now the new Democrat Party mascot instead of the jackass? Both work for you.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1036190 Dec 6, 2013
A week ago Bare Naked Ladies cancelled a concert at Sea World due to the public outcry created by the CNN production "Blackfish" today Willie Nelson backed out on a Sea World concert citing the same reasons.

If Anhaeuser-Busch still owned those amusement parks those fks wouldn't have had the courage to cancel.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1036191 Dec 6, 2013
The American people can trust me!

I never tell a lie (when I'm not speaking!)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1036192 Dec 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Apparently, the New York Post reported the unemployment numbers were manipulated before the 2012 election, according to census insiders.
http://nypost.com/2013/11/18/census-faked-201...
Couldn't find any updates whether that's been proven false or not. Perhaps it's still under investigation. As is just about everything else surrounding this president's reelection strategies.
Homer would know. Is this also debunked, Homer?
It's the NY POST, they are the Fox News of Newspapers. They both spew the same bullsh*t.

Do not believe a word from either, I have been telling you that for years.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1036193 Dec 6, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Will this post be your first in your annual "twelve lies of Christmas?"
You're a pathetic scumbag pos.
Sorry if history offends you. I didn't write it.

But stay tuned for my annual Christmas countdown coming soon.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1036194 Dec 6, 2013
What are you vile, nasty Obama voting Socialists doing for Christmas?

Stealing candy from kids, just like you are doing with Obamacare and the debt?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1036195 Dec 6, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting.
In the case of Obama and Davis being dead ringers, guess some people want to ignore the bell. Just like they want to ignore all the other bells.
"Judge me by whom I surround myself." Barack Obama
He couldn't have been ringing it any louder.
Where did you and the other Grumpy Old Pricks go to school, again? You're all a bunch of lying morons...LMAO@U http://www.google.com/url...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1036196 Dec 6, 2013
Speaking of Postal...
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's the NY POST, they are the Fox News of Newspapers. They both spew the same bullsh*t.
Do not believe a word from either, I have been telling you that for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min ffj 346,387
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Anonymous Folsom ... 36,122
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Jun 20 Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4