Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433220 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1032162 Nov 29, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama is all about politics over substance or accomplish...
but just think...if we hadn't had an Iraq War Obama wouldn't be in the WH.

so the substance of the Bush admin at least accomplished that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032163 Nov 29, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Carol you seem to be operating under the delusion that simply banning these procedures will make them go away. They won't. The result would be even more criminals like Kermit Gosnell operating outside the law. Before you go condemning anyone for accessing these services consider the plight of this woman;
Lauren S., a married mother of a toddler in a small town in northern New Mexico, was 19 weeks pregnant in October when an ultrasound showed very bad news for her baby. The doctor said his brain was not forming properly and that even if he survived birth, which was unlikely, he would never be able to breathe on his own.
"We would have done anything if we could have kept him," Lauren told The Huffington Post in an interview. "It didn't matter when we thought that he might have health issues that would require tons of brain surgeries, of if he couldn't walk -- we didn't care. We loved him, but he had no chance of living."
Lauren, who withheld her last name for privacy reasons, was also very sick. She had to have a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) line for most of her pregnancy due to severe nausea and dehydration, and the doctor told her that the birth of the baby would be dangerous for her body because its head had become so enlarged.
She and her husband made the difficult decision to end her pregnancy, but they faced several logistical obstacles that pushed the procedure past the 20th week of pregnancy. She had to travel two hours to the nearest abortion provider in Albuquerque -- her town has one OBGYN and zero abortion clinics -- and she had to find someone to care for her 2-year-old son for several days.
"By that point I was 20 weeks and a few days along," she said. "I was induced on a Thursday, and he was born on a Saturday morning. We spent the whole day with him, holding him, and when I was discharged that night, we drove him to the funeral home to drop him off and say goodbye."
The ban made an exception for situations in which the mother would die without the abortion, but has no exceptions for fetal anomalies discovered late in the pregnancy, for situations in which the mother's health is severely affected by the pregnancy, or for victims of rape or incest.
do whatever you choose to your children, including black genocide, as long as you don't ask others to pay for it...
NuculurNUTsurpri Zed

Satellite Beach, FL

#1032164 Nov 29, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
Good Morning again to all my topix OBAMABOTS!!!
As you all can see I have been up all night into the wee small hours maniacally judging your posts and chit-chatting back and forth to myself using many of my favorite sockpuppets!! A "labor of love" though tiring!! I had to change my depends three times last night but it was worth every diaper as it was challenging and exciting!! I and most of my sockpuppets will be on board all day today making idiotic and mentally deranged comments, the sole purpose being to harass and feebly attempt to insult the legitimate posters who use this forum.
ATTENTION!!!! I have again revived one of my favorite sockpuppet creations one more time from the from the bottomless pit of my sockpuppet closet, "Homer"!!!
Please all, welcome him with some of that Topix love!!!
I will also be judging your posts all day. I plan to be here for the entire day and night with my sockpuppets so get ready for an all out judgit blowout shitshow!!!! Please JOIN in!! I will give you a head start if needed. I enjoy spending the day here giving out judgits to anyone who doesn't agree with me and I like to think I have full control of this thread!!! I consider it "mine"!!!!!!
And not it appears that it's time for another time out and some much needed quality time spent in my hydrotherapy bath, the tranquilizing "chair" and some gyroscope therapy treatment. I think I over did with the judgits and my sockpuppets all night long. I got overly excited and need to take a breather. These depends are pretty shot too!! Carry on the marathon judgit tourney without me till I return!
As usual I will share a couple of my secrets with my topix friends:
As I have revealed, if you want to get an edge in the judgit race, doubling up on the industrial strength depends are a must. And constipating foods are a big help!! I recommend cheese and lots of it!! Multiple IP addresses are a must as well!!!!
Later boys!
I will return shortly, relaxed, rejuvenated and refreshed!!!!
Warm hugs,''NOT SURPRIZED''(the very chubby, chubby-chasing OBAMABOT from a location too embarrassing to post here.)
PS: PHONE NUMBERS PLEASE!!!!
Not Surprized!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032165 Nov 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt says a non functioning website is worse than killing over 4000 soldiers.
You right whiners really do like killing our kids in war.
Its a website you GD idiot. You can sign up by phone, by application, or visiting numerous locations across the country.
ObamaKKKare is the problem, not the website, you backwoods bumpkin...

millions losing their insurance, doctors, and hospitals to subsidize a bunch of ungrateful, demanding, welfare bums...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1032166 Nov 29, 2013
Obama's disapproval rating among women; 51% to 40%. Among men, only 37% approve.

47% of Hispanics disapprove, 6 points more than those that approve.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-cent...

This was more than two weeks ago. Hard to imagine his numbers have gotten any better.

So why then - if the majority of women and Hispanics who overwhelmingly voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 but have turned against him - do liberals still insist it's only rightwing conservatives who have Obama pegged all wrong?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1032167 Nov 29, 2013
Last week, in a fit of fury after they lost the ability to filibuster President Obama’s nominees, several Congressional Republicans threatened to retaliate by slowing things down on Capitol Hill. Democrats “will have trouble in a lot of areas because there’s going to be a lot of anger,” said Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, specifically warning that a United Nations disability treaty was now in danger of being rejected for the second time.

It’s hard to see how Republicans could slow things down more than they already have for the last several years. Yes, they can prevent committees from meeting and add days of wasted time to every nomination and bill. Just after the filibuster vote, in fact, Senate Republicans refused a routine request for unanimous consent to approve several of the president’s uncontested nominees.

But the larger business of governing is already being cast aside. As Politico recently reported, the current Congress has only enacted 49 laws, the fewest since 1947. That’s a mark of pride to Tea Party nihilists, but, for the rest of the country, which expects action on fundamentals like jobs and immigration, it’s a mark of shame.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/29/opinion/gov...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032168 Nov 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Crock of s*t.
I don't believe her employer just quit offering health insurance. If their plan was cancelled, there would be a replacement policy.
There are no pre-existing conditions in the exchanges.
You people are so easily duped.
a replacement policy with much higher premiums and a provider network that doesn't include her doctors...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1032169 Nov 29, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Republican plan to cover American medical bills ?
Seems GOP plan is let them die !
The O'bamacare plan is to let them die--but only if they are middle class and working-then O'bamacare canceled your policy. You are confused yo yo. If you aren't working and don't plan on working--you will be covered. Let's talk about Judy, the reason Dick the Turbin Durbin passed O'bamacare: Judy at 62 was too stupid to sign up for Medcaid. Durbin does not care about anyone else who lost their insurance. Only the stupid deserve O'bamacare. O'bama care is the equivalent of eugenics.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1032170 Nov 29, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt says a non functioning website is worse than killing over 4000 soldiers.
You right whiners really do like killing our kids in war.
Its a website you GD idiot. You can sign up by phone, by application, or visiting numerous locations across the country.
Galt is correct YOU IMBECILE!

"55% Favor Repeal of Obamacare"

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

In March 2003, only 23% said going to war with Iraq was a mistake, but after you anti-American DemoTards politicized the war it ended up being 53% in March 2013.

Still less than the percentage that favors repeal of Obamacare!!!

LEST WE FORGET, YOU MILITANTS DON'T CARE WHAT THE MAJORITY THINKS...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1032171 Nov 29, 2013
Rooting for Failure

I just spent 15 minutes on my local health care exchange and realized that I could save a couple hundred dollars a month on my family’s insurance. Of course, I live in Washington State, which has a very competitive market, a superbly functioning website and no Koch-brothers-sponsored saboteurs trying to discourage people from getting health care.

California is just as good. It’s enrolling more than 2,000 people a day. New York is humming as well. And Kentucky, it’s the gold standard now: More than 56,000 people have signed up for new health care coverage -- enough to fill a stadium in Louisville.

This is terrible news, and cannot be allowed to continue. If there’s even a small chance that, say, half of the 50 million or so Americans currently without heath care might get the same thing that every other advanced country offers its citizens, that would be a disaster.

But not to worry. The failure movement is active and very well funded. You probably know about the creepy Uncle Sam character in ads financed by the Koch brothers. Sicko Sam is seen leering over a woman on her back in a hospital exam room, her legs in stirrups. This same guy is now showing up on college campuses, trying to get young people to opt out of health care. On some campuses, he plies students with free booze and pizza -- swee-eeet!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/29/opinion/ega...

Yes, it is a big and legitimate news story, for a presidency built on technical expertise, that the federal exchange is not working as promised. Ditto Obama’s vow that people could keep their bottom-feeder health care policies.

But where were the news conferences, the Fox News alerts, the parading of people who couldn’t get their lifesaving cancer treatments under the old system? Where was the media attention when thousands of people were routinely dumped once they got sick? When did Republicans in Congress hold an oversight hearing on the leading cause of personal bankruptcy -- medical debt?

All of that is what we had before. And all of that is what we will return to if some version of the Affordable Care Act is not made workable.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1032172 Nov 29, 2013
One core support group in which Obama is hurting – young adults, a group he won by an historic margin in 2008, and strongly again in 2012.

The president’s overall approval rating has lost 23 points among adults age 18 to 29 since January, his steepest loss in any group. Their view that the country’s headed in the wrong direction has gained 20 points since May.

In just the past month, opposition to the health care law has jumped by 16 points among under-30s, with strong opposition up by 21 points.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/...

This was just a little over a week ago.

Why do liberals insist only rightwing conservatives have Obama pegged all wrong? And why are they the only ones still out of the loop?

Prevented this

#1032173 Nov 29, 2013
It appears the O'bama supporters are in the Christmas spirit with their shopping tactics: shooting, maiming and killing people: The liberal way.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1032174 Nov 29, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Obama's disapproval rating among women; 51% to 40%. Among men, only 37% approve.
47% of Hispanics disapprove, 6 points more than those that approve.
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-and-cent...
This was more than two weeks ago. Hard to imagine his numbers have gotten any better.
So why then - if the majority of women and Hispanics who overwhelmingly voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012 but have turned against him - do liberals still insist it's only rightwing conservatives who have Obama pegged all wrong?
Bush's ratings were at 22% or so when he bailed out Detroit.

no matter who doesn't like it, low ratings won't stop a POTUS from doing whatever the hell he wants.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1032175 Nov 29, 2013
NuculurNUTsurpriZed wrote:
<quoted text>Not Surprized!
I think NuculurNUTSurprized is actually a nested sockpuppet going back to the Boca RAT or Moronic Dave. She get's real frustrated when the hypocrite can't win the judgeit war.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032176 Nov 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Last week, in a fit of fury after they lost the ability to filibuster President Obama’s nominees, several Congressional Republicans threatened to retaliate by slowing things down on Capitol Hill. Democrats “will have trouble in a lot of areas because there’s going to be a lot of anger,” said Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, specifically warning that a United Nations disability treaty was now in danger of being rejected for the second time.
It’s hard to see how Republicans could slow things down more than they already have for the last several years. Yes, they can prevent committees from meeting and add days of wasted time to every nomination and bill. Just after the filibuster vote, in fact, Senate Republicans refused a routine request for unanimous consent to approve several of the president’s uncontested nominees.
But the larger business of governing is already being cast aside. As Politico recently reported, the current Congress has only enacted 49 laws, the fewest since 1947. That’s a mark of pride to Tea Party nihilists, but, for the rest of the country, which expects action on fundamentals like jobs and immigration, it’s a mark of shame.
the end of the filibuster will bite the DemoKKKrats in the butt beginning in 2015...

the fewer laws passed, the better...

in fact, Congress should pass only one bill each year...the budget...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1032177 Nov 29, 2013
Same ol', same ol'...

N.Y. Times? They've been outed for over a decade as a propaganda source, period...

Moron Propaganda Queen:
sonicfilter wrote:
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1032178 Nov 29, 2013
More BS...

N.Y. Slimes again...
sonicfilter wrote:
Rooting for Failure
I just spent 15 minutes on my local health care exchange and realized that I could save a couple hundred dollars a month on my family’s insurance. Of course, I live in Washington State, which has a very competitive market, a superbly functioning website and no Koch-brothers-sponsored saboteurs trying to discourage people from getting health care.
California is just as good. It’s enrolling more than 2,000 people a day. New York is humming as well. And Kentucky, it’s the gold standard now: More than 56,000 people have signed up for new health care coverage -- enough to fill a stadium in Louisville.
This is terrible news, and cannot be allowed to continue. If there’s even a small chance that, say, half of the 50 million or so Americans currently without heath care might get the same thing that every other advanced country offers its citizens, that would be a disaster.
But not to worry. The failure movement is active and very well funded. You probably know about the creepy Uncle Sam character in ads financed by the Koch brothers. Sicko Sam is seen leering over a woman on her back in a hospital exam room, her legs in stirrups. This same guy is now showing up on college campuses, trying to get young people to opt out of health care. On some campuses, he plies students with free booze and pizza -- swee-eeet!
Yes, it is a big and legitimate news story, for a presidency built on technical expertise, that the federal exchange is not working as promised. Ditto Obama’s vow that people could keep their bottom-feeder health care policies.
But where were the news conferences, the Fox News alerts, the parading of people who couldn’t get their lifesaving cancer treatments under the old system? Where was the media attention when thousands of people were routinely dumped once they got sick? When did Republicans in Congress hold an oversight hearing on the leading cause of personal bankruptcy -- medical debt?
All of that is what we had before. And all of that is what we will return to if some version of the Affordable Care Act is not made workable.

Prevented this

#1032179 Nov 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Hairy Balls Reid is so stupid he doesn't know how to bring a bill on the floor in the Senate. Face it Sonic: O'bama wasted his entire presidency on O'bamacare.
The democrats are a failure.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1032180 Nov 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rooting for Failure
Sonic like the captain of the Titanic...full steam ahead into the iceberg...
LCNLin

United States

#1032181 Nov 29, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh blasts ‘pure Marxism’ coming from Pope Francis’ critique of capitalism
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/27/rush-li...
seems conservatives are going to have to become atheists.
R*sh is out for the money,
Republicans lose election he does not care

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 min Patriot 10,111
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr zef 311,906
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 hr Joe Fortuna 257,132
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 hr Chosen Traveler 32,404
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Sep 18 Go Blue Forever 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 10 yess 201,881
News UCLA Basketball: Grad Transfer Octeus to Bruins (Jun '14) Aug 31 Trojan 2
More from around the web