Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
946,701 - 946,720 of 1,096,788 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
poor people can't sweep up paint chips???
too funny.....your mom didn't know how to operate a broom, or she did and fed you the chips
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It really has become a two tier system.
lol! Always has been son.
SunDAY Services

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Fiat money

Quote:
Fiat money has been defined variously as:

1. any money declared by a government to be "legal tender".
2. state-issued money which is neither convertible by law to any other thing, nor fixed in value in terms of any objective standard.
3. money without "intrinsic value".

Read more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money
Frank

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly...two-tier system in terms of quality and access....
welfare ObamaKKKare "insurance" will get one delayed care from foreign-trained "physicians" in welfare hospitals...
The numbers that Obama is reporting are false and dishonest,90% of those numbers are from people signing up for Medicaid. The totals are not even one tenth of one percent, but as days go by states will be forced to sign up too many Medicaid patients for them to handle. Unlike Obama,the states can not operate on a deficit and can not print money.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and like Israel can?? they won't even admit to owning them, and have never signed the NPT
Israeli nuclear weapons are not a threat to the US or our allies...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
too funny.....
do you still maintain that "poor people" (a/k/a blacks) are too stupid or lazy to clean up paint chips???
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
no one opinion is should never be used to make foreign policy decisions. I never said that, but all aspects should be considered. Did you even read the article and understand his case. as with most educated papers, the author makes his case and provides historical facts/context to support his thesis.
It is actually a good read, and the author makes valid points.
unfortunately too many people make knee jerk decisions without considering any alternative view points.
I didn't read his opinion and I am sure, as with most opinion pieces, he has some strong points.

However, I will not exclude the views of the international community that nuclear proliferation needs curtailed.

So, if we let a Shiite nation have nuclear weapons than to balance powers do we allow the Sunni nations to have them too?

So, we allow a nation to have nuclear weapons and it is all well until a new leader comes into power and then...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>BTW it's O'bama CARE. nothing aca about it.
That's right. He said it himself - "They call it ObamaCare?” the president told supporters at a St. Louis fundraiser in October 2011.“I do care! You should care, too.”

Earlier in the day, he had told an audience in Dallas,“Folks go around saying ObamaCare. That’s right — I care."

Sure he cares, just not about us peasants. He cares about the power, the control, and the mind-boggling amount of money that comes along with them.
OBAMANATION

Latrobe, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Obama had his Neville Chamberlain moment...what a buffoon
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Naah wrote:
<quoted text> lol! Why should I attack you daughter? I'm defending against your Obamabotic religion, as well as the fact that Red Lobster still won't let you in the doors, daughter. lol!
lol! So why attack me son? I'm not involved with your oabamabotic perception.

Only you are!

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather complex topic for the nudie photo crowd.
Would they rather the United States attack Iran and have Israel suffer the consequeses? Israel is a very small target. Peace serves the interest of Israel.
Six nations reached the decision with Iran and the trolls choose to misrepresent this as only a US decision?
I have to respectively disagree with your statement that peace serves the interest of Israel...

IMO Israel knew Nasser was not going to attack Israel in 67. Israel started the war with the aim of seizing territory. To support my argument

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2010/07/0...

Yitzhak Rabin, who would later become Prime Minister, told Le Monde the year following the ’67 war,“I do not think Nasser wanted war. The two divisions he sent to the Sinai would not have been sufficient to launch an offensive war. He knew it and we knew it.”

Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin acknowledged in a speech in 1982 that its war on Egypt in 1956 was a war of “choice” and that,“In June 1967 we again had a choice. The Egyptian army concentrations in the Sinai approaches do not prove that Nasser was really about to attack us. We must be honest with ourselves. We decided to attack him.”

Nor do I believe the invasion of Lebanon in 2006 and 2010 but more to do with control of the Latani river

Israel never intends to reach a 2 state solution, they intend to control all the territory.
I do most Americans would be horrified by just how the Palestinians are treated. Subjugation like that only leads to abuse. That was proven in a college experiment involving "prisoners & guards" in only a few weeks, imagine what decades of demonizing and dehumanizing leads to.

prior to 9/11/2001 the Israeli economy was on the ropes. after that date, selling anti-terrorism was the savior of their economy. fighting terrorism as a world wide export has been a boom to their economy. they are making good coin on the war on terrorism
SunDAY Services

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Federal Reserve Note

Quote:
Federal Reserve Notes are legal tender, with the words "this note is legal tender for all debts, public and private" printed on each note.(See generally 31 U.S.C. § 5103.) They have replaced United States Notes, which were once issued by the Treasury Department. Federal Reserve Notes are backed by the assets of the Federal Reserve Banks, which serve as collateral under Federal Reserve Act Section 16. These assets are generally Treasury securities which have been purchased by the Federal Reserve through its Federal Open Market Committee in a process called debt monetizing.(See Monetization.) This monetized debt can increase the money supply, either with the issuance of new Federal Reserve Notes or with the creation of debt money (deposits). This increase in the monetary base leads to larger increase in the money supply through the fractional-reserve banking as deposits are lent and re-deposited where they form the basis of further loans.

Value:
The authority of the Federal Reserve Banks to issue notes comes from the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Legally, they are liabilities of the Federal Reserve Banks and obligations of the United States government. Although not issued by the Treasury Department, Federal Reserve Notes carry the (engraved) signature of the Treasurer of the United States and the United States Secretary of the Treasury.

At the time of the Federal Reserve's creation, the law provided for notes to be redeemed to the Treasury in gold or "lawful money." The latter category was not explicitly defined, but included United States Notes, National Bank Notes, and certain other notes held by banks to meet reserve requirements, such as clearing certificates.[5] The Emergency Banking Act of 1933 removed the gold obligation and authorized the Treasury to satisfy these redemption demands with current notes of equal face value (effectively making change). Under the Bretton Woods system, although citizens could not possess gold, the federal government continued to maintain a stable international gold price. This system ended with the Nixon Shock of 1971. Present-day Federal Reserve Notes are "not backed" by convertibility to any specific commodity, but only by the legal requirement that they are issued against collateral.

Read more: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserv...

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
do you still maintain that "poor people" (a/k/a blacks) are too stupid or lazy to clean up paint chips???
sorry dude, but you can't race bait me I never said it was a black problem.

FYI there are millions of poor white people too
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If they use it, sure they do son!

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
really dude is your thinking that limited to only think nuclear weapons directed at the U.S. are the only threat that exists??

what do you think China's or India's reaction would be if Israel used nukes on Iran.

what do you think would happen if Israel used nukes on any Middle Eastern country??

a number of years ago, a survey of world leaders revealed that they thought the biggest threat of nuclear war was posed by Israel.

suppose Israel decided to use nukes on a Muslim country and the remaining Arabic countries cut off their oil

DO YOU THINK THAT MIGHT EFFECT US??

God, dude, for someone using a moniker of a character in a book that is super smart, you are his polar opposite. Really dude, your two dimensional thinking is rather limiting and thankfully better heads are in charge

BTW the crew of the USS Liberty didn't think the IDF was a threat either, that is until their ship was attacked and 70 crew members were killed

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't read his opinion and I am sure, as with most opinion pieces, he has some strong points.
However, I will not exclude the views of the international community that nuclear proliferation needs curtailed.
So, if we let a Shiite nation have nuclear weapons than to balance powers do we allow the Sunni nations to have them too?
So, we allow a nation to have nuclear weapons and it is all well until a new leader comes into power and then...
Listen I am trying to be respectful. read the article before you start with the ifs
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

In an acerbic interview shortly before the Geneva interim deal was signed, a senior Saudi diplomat issued a rare direct threat to Iran, warning that “all options are available” should the international community fail to rein in Iran’s alleged drive to acquire nuclear weapons.

The statement from Prince Mohammed bin Nawaf bin Abdulaziz, the Saudi ambassador to London, came as talks between Iran and the P5+1 group of world powers were in full swing in Geneva.

In his interview with the Times of London (paywall) on Friday, Prince Mohammad also voiced unusually abrasive criticism of the West for what he said was a too-soft approach to Iran, calling Washington’s “rush” to engage with Tehran “incomprehensible.”

http://www.timesofisrael.com/saudi-prince-to-...

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/world/midd...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I would say they were people who were already on Medicaid or Medicare but it is apparent that most of these individuals are very much aware that law has caused changes in all health care services.
My guess is this 2% have no clue what Obamacare is.
other than the taxes paid by some, ObamaKKKare has not yet taken effect, so the real horrors are yet to come...
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and like Israel can?? they won't even admit to owning them, and have never signed the NPT
What is you logic here?

Israel has them (perhaps allegedly) so let Iran too?
Whatever

Gering, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2013

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen I am trying to be respectful. read the article before you start with the ifs
I know you are and I am happy to see the old Karma back.

However, I will remain with the international community as a confirmed non-nuclear proliferation advocate.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Catcher1 225,728
offer 1 hr Peter 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr C Hamilton 305,401
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana 6 hr Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning 7 hr Mike Williams 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr anonymous 26,977
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••