Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601747 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029807 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> From your article: Steve Stanek, a research fellow at the Chicago-based Heartland Institute, which he calls a free market-oriented public policy group, views the San Rafael ban as part of a wider trend: a proliferation of rules of all kinds.
"I don't like cigarettes, and I've never taken a puff," he said. "My sympathies aren't with smokers because I am one, it's because of the huge growth in laws and punishments and government restricting people more and more." Illinois' criminal code was 72 pages long in 1965, he said; today it's more than 1,300 pages long. "The encroachment of government is astonishing," he said.
A look around the U.S. finds towns and cities busily regulating anything and everything:
Plastic bags will be banned in Los Angeles after the first of the year. They're already banned in several other California cities, including Long Beach and San Jose.
Austin, Texas, bans both plastic and paper bags from grocery stores.
San Francisco tried to ban fast-food meals that came with toys.
Forest Park, Ga., in 2011 made it illegal to breastfeed in public a child older than 2. After public protest, the ban was lifted.
Cocoa, Fla., makes it illegal to wear baggy pants on city streets.
Palo Alto, Calif., makes it illegal to live in your car.
And under Section 63-19-2430 of the South Carolina code, it's illegal for a minor under the age of 18 to play a pinball machine.
so you are for
Bringing back DDT
ALAR
Lead Paint (I'm guessing it was used in your childhood home)
Leaded gasoline
asbestos
Red Dye No. 2
allowing drunk driving

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1029809 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Just type in Obama's mother's nude photos.
A bunch of right whiners post the same lie over & over & dumbass Flack believes them.

I have news, Flack, the truth is not based on the number of websites promoting the same lie.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1029810 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I would put at least one of these on bumper if I was into that thing.
Yeah, you'd just be asking for some tolerant progressive to key your vehicle.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029811 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>

People like you probably laughed at
The Wright Brothers
Thomas Edison
Billy Mitchell
Henry Ford
Charles Oppenheimer
President Kennedy when he said we would put a man on the Moon
You were there to make this assumption?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029812 Nov 24, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
THE facts or YOUR facts? Two completely different things, you know.
The only painful truth is that a fraud was reelected by fools like you who believed his lies.
The starry eyed Obama groupies
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029813 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
in the news today, world leaders have reached a deal with Iran to allow inspectors in, stop enriching uranium and downgrade 20% enriched uranium.
See what happens when we decide to act with our allies rather than a sham of a coalition.
so lets see, Under President Obama watch
We are out of Iraq
without sending in U.S. troops and getting us bogged down in an insurgency
A 20+ year dictatorship in Egypt is ended.
A 40+ year, terrorist sponsoring dictatorship in Iraq is ended
Elections are held for the first time in Tunesia, Libya and Egypt
Syria's Biological and Chemical weapons are being disposed of and their production facilities destroyed
The man responsible for 9/11 is brought to justice.
on President Bush's watch
We invade a country and dispose of a dictator who didn't pose a threat to the U.S., didn't attack the U.S. in recent history and didn't have any WMD's. as a result of that invasion, an insurgency rises, the country descends into civil war, tens of thousands of U.S. lives are forever ruined and it is gonna cost us and our children $3 TRILLION DOLLARS and the economy takes a nosedive into the worst recession since the great recession.
The worst single attack on U.S. soil occurs in our 221 year history.
North Korea restarts in nuclear program and increases its arsenal from 1-2 nukes to 15-20 nukes and successfully detonates one
Iran restarts its nuclear program
did I miss anything
yes...Obama surrendered again to the Putin-Iran-Syrian coalition...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029814 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Who claimed it was debunked.
Where's your source?
when the left says "debunked" it means that they disagree, but have no proof...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029815 Nov 24, 2013
TSM wrote:
Here’s a short list of Obama’s foreign policies Failures Syria, Libya, Egypt now Iran!!
really
Hmmm
Aren't they destroying Syria's chemical/biological weapons right now along with the production facilities...and guess what, it was done without us having to send in military troops or spend trillions of dollars?
Libya-wasn't a terrorists sponsoring dictator disposed without invading?
Egypt-wasn't a brutal dictator disposed and Egypt's first free elections held in decades again without our intervention?
Iran geee, Iran is going to allow weapons inspectors in and downgrade their 20% enriched uranium and stop their nuclear program,

ALL OF THESE EVENTS OCCURRED WITHOUT OUR MILITARY INTERVENING

Let me guess, you consider anything a failure that doesn't include putting our troops in harm's way and the loss of U.S. lives
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029816 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are we looking at nude pictures of Obama's momma?
good question...just some filthy white trash...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029817 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Progressive upside to the Iran "Deal"
On the upside, a nuclear war would help the WH change the news cycle away from Obamacare.
Syria agreed to give up chemical weapons, but not nuclear weapons supplied by Iran...
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1029818 Nov 24, 2013
Vodka wrote:
<quoted text> Liquor will do this to you.
C'mon lily, put down the glass and judge this fairly!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029819 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so you are for
Bringing back DDT
ALAR
Lead Paint (I'm guessing it was used in your childhood home)
Leaded gasoline
asbestos
Red Dye No. 2
allowing drunk driving
You do know your off topic hyperbole makes you look like...

ridiculous

Can we all play along with your idiotic game?

Karma is for legalizing
bans on Big Swigs
glue sniffing (I'm guessing you used it in your childhood home)
making it illegal to criticize Obama
the removal of crosses from churches
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029820 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
Oh yeah, we are going to pay Iran $4.2 billion that they lost while the sanctions were in place. What kind of sheep dip is that?
Obama sheep dip...

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1029821 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
yes...Obama surrendered again to the Putin-Iran-Syrian coalition...
the goal was to destroy Assad's WMD capabilities, not get involved in a civil war.

was that or was it not done???

the goal with Iran was to stop its nuclear program, correct? are we not on the path to doing that?

Face Bozo, we are not the rulers of the world. we have to work together to achieve some goals.

President George H.W. Bush understood that and Operation Desert Storm was a huge success.

People like President George "Dumbya" Bush, Billy Crystal and you don't understand that and never will. That is why Operation Iraqi freedom was a huge failure, blew up into a monumental fiasco and cost us $3 trillion.

Fortunately President Obama understands the need to work with our allies and his foreign policy has been successful
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029822 Nov 24, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
when the left says "debunked" it means that they disagree, but have no proof...
Obviously
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029823 Nov 24, 2013
Dr Period wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah's fantasies also continue to escalate...Period.
Of course they're fantasies to you son.

Only your reality exists between your ears!
Helene

Agassiz, Canada

#1029824 Nov 24, 2013
Barakakak!
TSM

United States

#1029826 Nov 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
really
Hmmm
Aren't they destroying Syria's chemical/biological weapons right now along with the production facilities...and guess what, it was done without us having to send in military troops or spend trillions of dollars?
Libya-wasn't a terrorists sponsoring dictator disposed without invading?
Egypt-wasn't a brutal dictator disposed and Egypt's first free elections held in decades again without our intervention?
Iran geee, Iran is going to allow weapons inspectors in and downgrade their 20% enriched uranium and stop their nuclear program,
ALL OF THESE EVENTS OCCURRED WITHOUT OUR MILITARY INTERVENING
Let me guess, you consider anything a failure that doesn't include putting our troops in harm's way and the loss of U.S. lives
Again Obama’s failures whether Diplomatic or Military he’s Failed!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1029827 Nov 24, 2013
flack wrote:
LOS ANGELES – The Auto Show is under way in Los Angeles, an annual showcase for all the newest ways technology is influencing car design. What not too long ago seemed like extravagant, luxury options may soon be showing up on dashboards as standard features. The car of the future could be just a few short years away.
It's a major theme at this year's L.A. Auto Show: cars with brains.
"Now with the E and the S class we have a car that can actually steer itself," said Bart Herring of Mercedes Benz.
Mercedes uses radar, sonar and infrared sensors along with two video cameras to help the vehicle "see" the road ahead, enabling the car to react much more quickly than the driver. A commercial says, "It can stop itself if it has to!"
But collision-avoidance technology, once confined to luxury cars, is going mainstream.
Subaru's Dominick Infante says its new system may soon be standard equipment in the United States. He says the technology has been common in Japan for almost a decade. If the driver doesn't hit the brakes on time, the system will do it.
"It's an unusual feeling as it takes over, but I'll tell you, as long as you have faith in it, it will stop the car," Infante said.
This year, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety added something new to its crash tests: a category called crash avoidance. In a test conducted at 25 mph, Subaru got top marks.
Auto Tech journalist Doug Newcomb says that with so many distractions on the road, "drivers become complacent."
"And that's the whole idea behind the technology is to look out for them when they're not paying attention," he said.
The technology is not intended to completely take over for the driver, but it can take some of the load off.
Mercedes has a model that can halt and start itself in stop-and-go traffic.
"That's really one more step to the ability to have autonomous driving," Herring said.
A spage-age dream may soon be a reality.
"We're a lot closer to cards driving themselves than a lot of people imagine," said Newcomb.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Flying cars not that far away.
how many people really want a car that drives itself???....

Galt sees enormous liabilities for the automakers...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029828 Nov 24, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you are so clueless as to think a heavy Dem city will not vote for Rand.
Really?
The rest of your post was an idiotic attempt to change the subject rather than address directly what was said and deleted from my response.
lol! All you're really doing son is showing that cons can't think and just run down party lines while non cons can think.

It's pretty arrogant for anyone to claim no other party will win in 'their' state.... not to mention idiotic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Fuggleton 11,565
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr cpeter1313 317,509
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 34,213
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Wed The pope 258,485
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep 14 Hellepsoaio 12
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep 12 Love 292
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 11 Rose of Tralee 201,880
More from around the web