Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1782545 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029118 Nov 22, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang, you must type really slow.
I responded to four or five posts while you were trying to put this together.
Was the problem you ran of names to call people and are now stuck with re-cycling. Life is tough without a thesaurus for some.
Responding isn't answering son.

I'm sure you confuse the two often.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029119 Nov 22, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"ueselesssince forever"
A poster, "Whatever" just posted a list of 1/2 a dozen senior military officers, those in command positions, have been retired. Why they were retired, all part of president nobama's plan to gut the military. The source was not a conspiracy nut case. You are a nut case.
Peace
KMA
It's great you have your opinion to back yourself up son.

Not that it has anything to do with reality.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029120 Nov 22, 2013
So now the Democrats have stripped over 200 years of history to keep power in check and Obama has "decreed" another change in the law by delaying it...wait for it...until two weeks after the next election.

So now the truly clueless - even though their numbers are dwindling - will be clinging to their "hope and change" security blankets and vote for the same people who put us in this mess and they will be the last to figure it out, once again, too late.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029121 Nov 22, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the nominations to the DC court are to pack the court, not to fill vacancies...same as FDR during his depression...unnecessary judges...
Then you shouldn't be bitching and moaning son.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029122 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me simplify it then. We're in deep doo-doo. And you're wallowing in it.
So... for you, it was better under bushie boy?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029123 Nov 22, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to be called the Man of Steel but nowadays they just call me Rusty.
They've been callin' you sh it forever.
No... no... I think they've been calling you crusty son.

... and musty

... and dusty

But I'm sure you call yourself the man of steel because of all your implants!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1029124 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So now the Democrats have stripped over 200 years of history to keep power in check and Obama has "decreed" another change in the law by delaying it...wait for it...until two weeks after the next election.
So now the truly clueless - even though their numbers are dwindling - will be clinging to their "hope and change" security blankets and vote for the same people who put us in this mess and they will be the last to figure it out, once again, too late.
Speaking of history son, the reich wing in the senate has pulled over half of all filibusters against Obama.

Talk about obstructionists!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029125 Nov 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well golly son!
It sounds like the mortgage bubble!
The same mortgage bubble that led to the housing market crisis of which GW warned Congress years ahead but Democrats screamed "EVERTYTHING'S JUST FINE!!!" until everything wasn't just fine? That mortgage bubble?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029126 Nov 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So... for you, it was better under bushie boy?
Not just for me but for most of us. The statistics show it.

But changes were needed as well as reforms. 9/11 took our attention away from it for a while.

Too bad that opportunity came and went in 2008 and 2012.
LCNLin

United States

#1029127 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So now the Democrats have stripped over 200 years of history to keep power in check and Obama has "decreed" another change in the law by delaying it...wait for it...until two weeks after the next election.
So now the truly clueless - even though their numbers are dwindling - will be clinging to their "hope and change" security blankets and vote for the same people who put us in this mess and they will be the last to figure it out, once again, too late.
translation = You did not like the results of the election for president in 2012?
LCNLin

United States

#1029128 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The same mortgage bubble that led to the housing market crisis of which GW warned Congress years ahead but Democrats screamed "EVERTYTHING'S JUST FINE!!!" until everything wasn't just fine? That mortgage bubble?
are you drinking and posting?
LCNLin

United States

#1029129 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me simplify it then. We're in deep doo-doo. And you're wallowing in it.
don't go intellectual on us

LOL
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029130 Nov 22, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Onliest point yo've got is the one atop your haid, Elsie.
Put down the meth pipe and take a rest. You're posting like a demon in overdrive.
You're talking a lot without saying anything.
This is another Yeah.

Dood, get some new lines or just go nanner, nanner.

Slow people type slow. I can rattle these off in less than 30 seconds.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029131 Nov 22, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of history son, the reich wing in the senate has pulled over half of all filibusters against Obama.
Talk about obstructionists!
Well, somebody had to do it! Obstructing power grabbing and control by the elite is a good thing. At least it used to be.
LCNLin

United States

#1029132 Nov 22, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
We can't understand Ebonics here, Dood, and especially one who speaks with a mental lisp.
Denial noted
LOL

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029133 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
are you drinking and posting?
No, but the cold medicine makes me feel a little loopy.

Maxine Waters called the Congressional Hearing to rein in Fannie and Freddie a "public lynching" of Franklin Raines.

It's on video so it's not the medicine talking.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1029134 Nov 22, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
translation = You did not like the results of the election for president in 2012?
No, I did not like the results of the election for president in 2012. That is correct.

A lot of people just now regret it.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1029135 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, somebody had to do it! Obstructing power grabbing and control by the elite is a good thing. At least it used to be.
Power to the people.
LCNLin

United States

#1029136 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I did not like the results of the election for president in 2012. That is correct.
A lot of people just now regret it.
Those people are called republicans?
LCNLin

United States

#1029137 Nov 22, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but the cold medicine makes me feel a little loopy.
Maxine Waters called the Congressional Hearing to rein in Fannie and Freddie a "public lynching" of Franklin Raines.
It's on video so it's not the medicine talking.
Cold meds are the only good thing about being ill.

Hope you feel better by tomorrow

off to sleep here..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 min cpeter1313 346,235
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Chosen Traveler 36,105
News Racers' Stark opting for NBA opportunity Wed Opting phartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 10 hojo 12,419
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 5 Public Accommodation 201,480
do you need a loan (Sep '13) May 30 zan 5
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May '18 Go phartse 4