Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1235964 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

DumbSince1680

United States

#1028159 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What's Ted Cruz's military background?
Who cares? What's yours? Nobody cares about that either.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028161 Nov 21, 2013
"When Democrats Oppossed Changing The Filibuster"

DumbSince1680

United States

#1028162 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey DB, we were just talking about you, well I was anyhows. What is your conspiratorial take on W. Bush's military service?
Who cares? Does anyone care about you? I doubt it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1028163 Nov 21, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt believes that cops care only about their own overtime and pensions and not at all about the prison system...
cops who conduct drug stings are criminals with badges...
I think cops who conduct drug stings should be commended for doing their job. Now, I would like to see mandatory drug testing of all members of Congress.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028164 Nov 21, 2013
With Democrats politics, not people, matter...

Tweet
Andrew Stiles

"Remember when Dems blocked Miguel Estrada's appeals court nom b/c they didn't want him to be first Latino on SCOTUS? http://www.foxnews.com/story/2004/02/12/forme... ;
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1028165 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I do not click on links posted by known rightwing meth heads.
Here is my post, it's on page 47405

Apology accepted.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1028166 Nov 21, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> How much is the federal subsidy Why do you libtards always leave out the welfare.
"flack"
The cost is not important. That someone is paying for subsidized coverage for her ones in her family is only right, the government owes them, it is their right to profit based on the labor of others. "silly" wants president nobama to get another porkulus bill, a good reason to piss away another trillion or so dollars and watch the unemployment rate go up. She wants everyone to be on the government dole. She detests all who bust their fannies and profit, it's not fair that some of have more than others.
Peace
KMA
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1028167 Nov 21, 2013
Random post...

"mccain needs to be sent back to the hanoi hilton"

vsop4u
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028168 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>As a moderate myself I am sorry you feel that way. Not that there is anything wrong with that, some of my favorite posters are far lefties.
It depends on what you call a moderate.

To me a moderate is the opposite of a person who blindly supports a POTUS or party.

They challenge and criticize all. They are open to opposing views without feeling threatened.

Don't be sorry. I am not the only one who thinks the blind following of a leader is dangerous and the behaviors of the Far Left is highly questionable. I have a lot of company.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1028169 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'll defer to DBWriter on this one, let's see what he has to say about it.
Ah, yes. A person who actually understands the nature of human conspiracies is required. Let's begin the analysis. How about a definition.
Conspiracy - a plan involving two or more humans with the intent of keeping at least one other human from knowing the subject and/or plan. As an arbitrary example, if someone is 10 minutes late getting home with the groceries because they had a beer with a friend, and they agreed to not mention the meeting to their spouses, that fits the definition of a conspiracy.
Another example is, nobody gives their entire life's story to anyone, and there are others who agree to not give that information.

The reason for the conspiracy is unrelated to the definition of conspiracy.

How old were you when you were involved in your first conspiracy? The normal human is involved in their first conspiracy between the ages of 7 and 10. Are you normal?
When was the last conspiracy you were involved in? The normal human is continually involved in conspiracies. The only variables are how many people are intentionally informed of some subject, and how many people are intentionally not informed. Are you normal?

Now, since you, and everyone you have ever met in your life has been involved in a conspiracy, and are routinely involved in conspiracies, you have to conclude this:

There is no magic level of society or government where the genetically programmed instinct of humans to engage in conspiracies magically disappears.

How about some obvious conspiracies for an example.

The Democrats state firmly Bush lied to invade Iraq.
The Democrats supported the invasion of Iraq.
Therefore, the Republicans witheld information among themselves from Democrats. That would have been a conspiracy.
Let's dig a little deeper into that supposed conspiracy.
The Republicans gave to the Democrats no effective oversight of their CRA program coincident with the Democrats supporting the war in Iraq, and the Democrats kept you ignorant of this. That is, also, a conspiracy.

Only an idiot attempts to convince anyone that the most natural of human actions isn't possible.

Now, does that answer your question?
DumbSince1680

United States

#1028170 Nov 21, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think cops who conduct drug stings should be commended for doing their job. Now, I would like to see mandatory drug testing of all members of Congress.
Who cares what you would like? Does anyone else live with you? Ask them if they care what you would like.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028171 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>My wife was in the Air National Guard and that's all I have to say about that.
Thank her for her service.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028172 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Here is my post, it's on page 47405
Apology accepted.
LOL, okay.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028173 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Here is my post, it's on page 47405
Apology accepted.
Still doesn't get you off the hook as you could read the source and it was NBC.
DumbSince1680

United States

#1028174 Nov 21, 2013
I like liars. I vote for them.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1028175 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey DB, we were just talking about you, well I was anyhows. What is your conspiratorial take on W. Bush's military service?
Rich kid who wanted to play with high performance jets and hang around gorgeous Republican chics instead of dodging the draft and having to hang around grungy smelly hippy chics or just leaving the American chics behind. He was duped into believing Vietnam wasn't part of the Cold War, and we were not fighting for our existence. In case the Democrats actually acknowledged there was a threat to the United States during the Cold War and military action was required, he would go do his duty like everyone (with the exception of people like Frank Sinatra, whom I think is the best vocalist of the previous century) did in World War II. He would do what everyone else had to do. Because his father had actually been shot down, and the rest of his crew had been killed, I think it likely BushJr would be protected as much as possible.
F-102s took the brunt of the punishment over North Vietnam. For a pilot who never flew a F-8 or a F-4, the F-102 was a hot plane to play with.
There were better officers than Bush. And, there were worse: Kerry, for example.(If not lying to enhance some fraudulent hero image and outright joining the enemy of the United States is any criteria. I'll gladly discuss Kerry's fraudulent and treasonous life with you, if you desire.)
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028176 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Calm down booby, you are starting to worry me.
Take a few deep breaths,
breathe breathe
there better?
So do you think the NY Giants still have a shot at the playoffs? They have Dallas this weekend, how do you like their chances?
Sorry Homer, when you start sounding like some of the cray cray Far Left here-you become a target.

Stay rational-I'll back off.

How would I know about baseball? I don't follow it. All I know is A-Rod is still complaining about his suspension.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1028177 Nov 21, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'd say this puts him as the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in 2016.
Only if the infomercial stud Dr Ben Carson doesn't run.
Patriot

Greeley, CO

#1028178 Nov 21, 2013
Thursday, November 21, 2013

Seven Volcanoes In Six Different Countries All Start Erupting Within Hours Of Each Other

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/11/seven-vol...

----

I wonder how the 'elite' plan to use ISON to manipulate and deceive - "Never let a good crisis go to waste..."

Project Blue Beam Come To Mind?

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/projectbluebea...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/30/89884022_4a...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1028179 Nov 21, 2013
Juan Williams on talking about meeting with Obama.

Shorter-he is not allow to repeat anything said to him as a direct quote.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 47 min NinaRocks 5,734
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 239,851
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr John-K 309,974
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr tom wingo 29,779
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web